Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Leighlia
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Twilight Children( this should be a good story as long as there's good people)
on: June 29, 2004 01:08
Naveria listened to Zedo as he spoke and nodded slowly. “Each Child has their own talent or ability. You’re mother’s gift was small, but it was there when things were important and it served her well many times. Your father’s gift was closer to mine…that of tracking. For many years we were quite a team. There was nothing or noone that we could not track. Every person, every creature that walks the earth leaves a trail, like an invisible ribbon in their wake. All you need is to be able to identify which of the myriad of criss-cross trails belongs to who you seek and you can follow them anywhere, even if the trail is weeks old or leads you over stone where no footprints will show. The problem is being able to sift through them when so many paths of so many people cross. Bendwyr could sift through them better than I, but I can track the passage of magic through the air where he could not. Therefore, during the wars we were always in high demand and we did our jobs well.

But I get off the subject.” She took a sip of her tea before continuing. “Yes, your mother told me what it was she had seen. They had found a place, small, unobtrusive and out of the way, feeling certain that they could not be found. It was to only be for a short while, until her babes were born. But they were found, for the enemy has trackers too. Your father was already dead when I finally found where they were and your mother gravely wounded, clinging to life and her body ready to release the two of you. I’m sorry to say she did not live long enough to even look upon either of you.”

She sat back, silent for a moment before looking to Zedo. “Rieanna must have seen what was in you and what you would be for her to speak to you so. You have found your destiny. But to know who or what did the killing is for Ash and Ember to find. Time will tell what gifts, beyond speed and mental manipulation, the gods have given you.” Standing she picked up her cloak and staff. “But for now, it grows late and I grow tired. We’ve plenty of work ahead of us.” Nodding to them she turned and stepped to the bar tender to speak to him about a room for the night, her thoughts of sleeping on a real pillow for once.
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Twilight Children( this should be a good story as long as there's good people)
on: June 29, 2004 01:21
The red headed young woman rose as well and followed Naveria. As Naveria waited for a key to a room, the young woman approached her. "I have some questions of my own I'd like answered.", she said locking eyes with the woman as she turned to look at her. The young woman awaited a response...
Elrohir2
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2004 02:53
"I could have answered any question you have but as you have asked her I shall let her answer and I shall listen."
Leighlia
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2004 03:08
She looked from the young red head, over her shoulder at the old man. "You will have to have far reaching ears indeed then old one, to hear me from my bed." she muttered and looked back at the woman.

"If you have questions you will have to ask them on the way upstairs, for I am tired and there is much to do tomorrow and want sleep. Follow me if you will." She said as she turned and started for the stairs.

"What was your name, lass?" she asked over her shoulder.

[Edited on 30/6/2004 by Leighlia]
Elrohir2
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2004 03:38
"Indeed, far reaching. I can hear you if you were in the nest room or in the next plane, remember, it is you who I was sent to watch."
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2004 05:46
The young woman followed Naveria up the stairs as she began. "My name is Jae. I too have been looking for answers to the Twilight Children. I have come to believe that my father travel and dwelled with them. Many believe he too may have been one of them." They entered the room and Naveria closed the door. Jae sat and watched as Naveria began readying herself for bed. Jae continued, "I don't really remember my father too well. My mother every one says looks like I do. She passed away not long after my father did. Is there any possible way to know whether or not if my father was really one of them?" She hoped that Naveria would know the answer...
Leighlia
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2004 05:59
As they walked up stairs to Naveira’s room, she listened to the young woman talk. Inside the small room Naveira listened quietly as she readied herself for sleep, leaning her staff against the wall next to bed and lying her things on a chair nearby. Jae, as the girl had introduced herself as, sat in the remaining chair as Naveira sat on the bed and began to remove her boots with a sigh of relief. One boot still in hand and her elbows on her knees, she looked across at the red headed Jae.

“Any who seem to remember the legends of the Children search for answers, for there seems to be so many questions left after the last wars. Especially from the prodigy left behind and the abruptness with which we slipped from the general population.” She lifted her other foot and slid her foot free with a grunt. “There were once legions of us in the lands and our temples in every city and small village. Those temples were havens for us on our travels, for Twilight Children seldom settled in one place. Though one Child may know many, many others, it was impossible at one time to know them all. It is hard to believe that in so short a time we have almost faded so much from the minds of the people.

“I’m afraid I did not know your father, so I can’t not give you any answers about him or know if he was one of us or not. But,” she said, scooting herself back onto the bed, leaning against the headboard. “If your father was a Child of Twilight, you will likely know soon enough. I have never seen one of our babes not rise to the ranks of the Children.”

Naviera sat forward, her knees on her elbows again, folding her legs before her. “Darkness is falling across the lands once again and the need for the Children of Twilight is rising quickly. There are places of purity that have been corrupted or destroyed, places that we thought we had left secure. The twins below are likely to ‘awaken’ soon to their full potential If your father was of the Children, then you will soon follow I am sure. Things often happen quickly when Children gather together. If he was, then eventually you will remember things that you did not know before, you will gain memories of those before you….memories of your father when he was alive and if he was in Service and perhaps even his father. You will not remember all that he knew, only some… bits…pieces. If you would know more than I suggest you find yourself a quiet place, and look into that second sense that you seem to have.”

She smiled at the girls look. “Yes, I know that you have some type of power. That is how I can track the magics through the air.” She inhaled deeply. “I can smell it, the same as a wolf can smell his prey across a distance. Those of the people who have any type of power seem to inherit it through some type of Twilight ancestory. If you would search for answers, start with inside. You may be surprised at what you will find.” She said tapping a finger on her breast-bone. “But what of your mother? Do you remember her? Do you suspect her of being one of the Children as well?

(I’ve been taking creative liberties with your Thread here Brayaden. I’m trying to follow the “feel” of the story, is all. If there is anything you don’t agree with or don’t like, I apologize. Just let me know and I will edit accordingly.)
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2004 07:02
Jae sat for a bit and thought about her mom. "I really don't remember her. Everyone says I look like her. I do remember seeing this images of a woman that looked almost exactly like me. She was being protected by someone... I can't remember what exactly the person looked like but... I have a feeling it was my father.", she said as she stood and looked out the window. Her past was really nothing but a few pictures and images and events here and there. Otherwise.. she was at a lost...
Elrohir2
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2004 03:26
Kenrick walked up the stairs to his room and to secure his privacy he changed into a young woman and went in

"I wonder iwhen those two got here, they seem to have traveled very far and they will need to be rested a long while. And that girl, she was very suspicious looking and seemed to be taking in much of her surroundings as though she was looking for someone. Help me my Lady, bring me vision. I cannot see the things that are set brfore me."

"You are here for one reason and one reason alone! Watch what you say infront of the young one."

"Yes, my Lady."
Brayaden2007
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2004 09:53
(to Legilah- nope, all creative liberties are fine with me!
Zedo sighed heavily. The others had gone upstairs, and now it was only him and the twins. "here's some money for a room if you don't have any he said. "even if you do have enough for two already, keep it anyways. Money was never a realy problome for me. That is to say, im not rich, but i don't require much, so i am content. And with that, he bid them good night, and walked up the stairs to his rented room. When he reached the door, he siged heavily; what a day this had been.

He immedatly walked in, pulled off his boots, and sat on the bed. He tucked his legs into his body, and pulled his arms around them. For a long while he sat in silence. Then a tune came to his mind, a tune he heard someone sing a long while ago. the tune was soft and quiet, he could not remember who sang it, but the girl's voice was soft as silk, and soothing. He had the tune magically recorded on a small magical harp he always carried with him. He sat quietly there as he stared longinly out the window. But, what is it that i want? he thought. I've made new friends, im starting on an adventure, what more could i want? he asked himself. But he knew. For as long as he could remember, no one had ever loved him. He didn't think he had parents, like he just appeared one day. And that didn't mean love like flirting first date type thing. A true love, that would endure all. Be it from a mother, father, sibbling, or a female who really did care for him more than anything. He never felt love. As far as he could remember, he couldn't remember having really any emotions until the spirit merged with him. Before then, girls would flirt, but he felt no attraction back. Even if she was the prettiest girl in the whole town, he felt no change. He had neve felt sad, he had no reason. NOthing tragic ever reached his ears. He had never felt angry, not even when his best dagger was tarnished by some bully. But when the spirit possesed him, he felt flings. He blushed when the red haired girl looked at him, he felt unsure by the old man's requests, he felt sorry for the twins. One thing still confused him, he still hadn't felt fear or anger. No fear when the old man swung his axe. No anger towards him for swinging it, why was this?
He was still confused, so he pushed it out of his mind. And he just sat there, singing softly to the tune the small harp played. Until he heard knock on the door...(no has to reply to this if you dont want to, if no one does, i'll just make it his imagination)
Elrohir2
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2004 10:07
When the door opened a tall man in black armor was standing looking in at Zedo

"You are Zedo? You must come with me now."
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2004 05:22
Jeanne didn't know what to think. Then suddenly through the silence she heard... music? But it wasn't the first time she had heard it before... She stepped outside to find out where it was coming from to see a man in black armor standing in front of the door to a room next to Naveria's room. She closed the door behind her and began walking over to the other room to see what the commotion was just as Zedo approached the man. "What's going on?", she asked as she stopped in her place just as the two men looked at her...
Elrohir2
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2004 06:32
The man turned to the girl and put a finger to his lips. He smiled and turned to Zedo/
Brayaden2007
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2004 08:55
Zedo didn't know this man, but he didn't like him anyway. When he saw Jeanne in the door way, and the man turned around; Zedo looked at her, and drew his sword. "Let's see what this can do." he said to himself. He sprang as high as the roof would allow and came down on the man in black silently.....
Elrohir2
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2004 10:05
As Zedo attacked the man put a hand in the air with fingers spread wide stopping him in the air.

"You don't want to do that bot."
Elrohir2
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2004 10:05
As Zedo attacked the man put a hand in the air with fingers spread wide stopping him in the air.

"You don't want to do that boy."
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2004 12:54
Jeanne stepped back wondering what was going. 'What is that old man trying to do?', she thought to herself as she watched the match unfold...
Elrohir2
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2004 03:12
do not interfere, Jea. This is important the man lifted an axe with his other hand and clipped it to a string on his belf swinging the other end around Zedo.

"Come with me boy."

he dropped his hand and Zedo fell.
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2004 08:19
Jae stepped forward defensively to help Zedo but suddenly found the axe blade being swung at her. She jumped dodging it the most graceful of backflips. She landed crouched low to the ground as she asked, "What is going on?"
Elrohir2
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2004 08:26
It is another test. Do not interfere tha man walked out of the hallway and into the barroom. No one was there so he continued out the door.
Brayaden2007
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2004 10:13
(Legilah may not post for a while for reasons of her own)
But Zedo did not follow the man, he had tried to put a mind trick on him, and it had worked. The man believed Zedo was following him, but he wasn't. He then sat up, and thanked Jae for her help.(sorry...not feeling creative today...)
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2004 03:49
Jae smiled and nodded, "Your welcome." She held out a hand to help him up. As Zedo made for the door of his room Jae stopped him by asking a question, "Was just me or did you hear music earlier?"
Elrohir2
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2004 03:54
"Yes, music. You are not as unskilled as I thought you would be."

the man transformed into Kenrick and gave a soft smile.
Brayaden2007
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 04, 2004 02:57
(...no offense, but where did Kennrick come from all of the sudden?

"Yes, music it was indeed. I was singing softly to it, but you heard the molody probably. The unfortunate thing is, i do not know the title of this work..."( still not too creative)
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 04, 2004 06:33
"My beloved...", Jeanne said softly a nostolgic look covered her face. She looked up at Zedo realizing he was studing her. "How do you know of it?", she asked him as she stepped closer to Zedo...
Brayaden2007
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2004 08:22
"I heard it once long ago in a concert. Then, i bought this recording so i would never forget it. I do not know how i still remember the words, but i guess perhaps..." he paused, and noticed Kennrick had left. Hwo does he do things like that? Zedo woundered. "This is one of those songs that never leaves you, no matter how long it is until you hear it again. Do you know the title?" Zedo asked as he also took a step closer to Jeanne, woundering what would happen next...
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2004 10:21
"Yes.. my beloved is the title.", Jeanne said as Zedo took a step closer to her. She had never been so close to a guy before unless she was doing battle on his butt. "I don't really remember the song... can you sing for me? It was one of my favorites when I was younger.", she asked as she looked up into Zedo's eyes...
Leighlia
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 12:05
After the girl had left, Naviera settled herself on the bed, but did not cover herself with the blanket. Her dark eyes sank closed and she seemed to sleep...but she did not.

Breathing deeply she willed her body, muscles and mind to relax. Soon she felt herself adrift in the emptiness of her mind. Here, in this meditative state, was where she found tracking of the magics easiest. In the darkness that surrounded her, colored ribbons of light began to appear, wavering and fluttering away into the distances of time and space.

Slowly, meticulously, she began to weave through them. Each time she let her mind brush one like a fingers caress, she knew who owned it and what direction they lay in. Many were old and faded, trails that have become old. She was suprised that so many people of power had passed by this place so recently to cause such a tangle. But when she latched onto one she found that the power behind it was usually an innocent one, simple and basic, with no real development.

Slowly she tried to filter these out so they did not get in her way. Once she brushed against the 'thread' of Kenrick and recieved a mild shock as it almost threw her out of her meditations. "crazy old man." She muttered. He was close by and she should have known better than to touch the deep purple ribbon that lead to him. She sighed as she continued, knowing full well that it was likely the old man would have sensed her searchings.

In time she discovered Jeanne's bright red ribbon. The twins' were each an odd dirty sort of white with little glow. But when she found the one that she felt was Brayaden's she stopped and hesitated. Before her was two threads tangled and woven together. One was thin and a bright orange, while the other was much thicker and such a bright golden color that it hurt to look at. She knew she dare not try to touch it, for it had a godly essense to it. Perhaps there was more in store for them than she thought.

Waking from her meditative state she sat up on the edge of her bed, her bare feet resting on the floor. Outside in the hall she could hear the voices of Jeanne and Brayaden speaking softly about music.
Elrohir2
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 12:36
I do this only because I am Templar and have dedicated my immortality to the People and as a Templar I do not get the respect of the People who have become senile since the Wars. Kenrick felt a bit of a tingling in the back of his mind and knew this to be Naviera so while hidden in his room he became a moth and fluttered out of his window and into her's, resting on the wall near her head.

"It is a wonderful night, don't you think."
Leighlia
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2004 04:51
Turning her head, looking for the voice that spoke to her she spied the moth on the wall. “Good evening Kenrick. Yes, it is a lovely evening. Do you often come uninvited into a woman’s room at night?” She said calmly, teasing the old man, recognizing him immediately, even with a moth-y voice.

“You know,” she said, arranging herself comfortably on the bed again. “The boy has only just awakened…well, more than just awakened it seems. Do you expect him to learn and be tested on absolutely everything in one night? Will you leave nothing for the rest of us or for me to teach him?” She grinned at him, still teasing. “Or you suppose that I am not a good teacher?”

She looked away from him. “Ah well. I so many years, I suppose I am not at that. This is my 5th reawakening, in I know not how many years, that I can count and there are still some things that remain that I have yet to learn myself.”
Elrohir2
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2004 09:40
"All things come, in due course and yet some may be away eternally. If you wander enough, you will always find your way home and if you leave often enough no one will miss you when you do. Never wilol anyone need to be the teacher of the learned yet everyone must be the student at some point. I believe you will be just as good a teacher as I but can you be as available when crunch time comes?"
Leighlia
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2004 03:07
Naviera sighed heavily, feeling the weight of the task before them press in on her. "We will all do what we can, Kenrick. They will learn what they can before that time comes, from us and any others we come across. Afterwards," she rolled over and looked out of the window. "Well, afterwards they will have to learn as they go."

She craned her neck to look up at his mothy form. "And I will always be available, as long as I am still walk this plain."

(ooc: Short...uncreative...sorry)
Elrohir2
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2004 04:40
"Please do not misunderstand me, Lady Naviera, What I meant was that your deatyh has been foretold and his is after yours. I do not want to teach him everything but I have to teach what you cannot."
Brayaden2007
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2004 03:54
(Sorry...stuff has happened so i avent posted)
Zedo closed his eyes, and began to sing the song's sweet melody to her.(sorry, if i took time to think of words, i'd be here all year.) Whem he finished he opened his eyes again. She had closed her eyes, and he thought she was trying to sing along softly. She opened her eyes adn Zedo said,"Sorry if my singing doesn't quite captivate the essence of the song..."
(sorry again im a bit rushed.)
OOC: Please read this: I will be gone from july 15 to Aghust( i realy cant spell) 6th. Keep the thread going, and puppet Zedo. But do anything stupid to him i wouldn't like.
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2004 08:06
Jae closed her eyes and smiled listening to the sweet song that Zedo sang. She opened her eyes again when he began to apologize for his bad ability of singing. Jae smiled as she replied, "No... no it was wonderful. I loved it. You are very skilled in singing. That song brings back alot of old memories is all...", she said as she looked up at him again. Tears were beginning to form in her eyes. She turned away wiping them away quickly before turning back to Zedo and asking, "So... How long have you lived here?"
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email