Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
ElvenShieldmaiden
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Jeopardy
on: July 15, 2004 03:41
Severe Jeopardy! spoilers (for today's show) below!

Whew! Today was a close one (again)! Ken, fortunately, prevailed with a total of $1,050,460!

Today, when the contestants told their anecdotes, Ken talked about how he earned tons of cash when he was a kid. When he was four or five, his father - about to mow the lawn - said he'd pay Ken one cent for every pinecone that Ken picked up. Well, Mr. Jennings, Sr., certainly did not expect Ken to pick up 5,000 pinecones! "He was a little ticked at having to pay me fifty bucks," Ken explained today.

Hehehehe. What a great story.

Ciao!
SamoftheShire
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2004 02:14
I was getting worried. Again! what's going on! He started getting lot better in round two. Somebody will have to tell me what happened, going camping today before seven-thirty. Plus I can't get on tomorrow and then I can't get on on sunday so I will have to wait until Monday to find out.
ElvenShieldmaiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2004 11:09
Severe Jeopardy! spoilers (for today's show) below!

And King Ken rules again! By the end of the Double Jeopardy! round, he stood at $40,000, and my mum and I started betting on how much he'd wager for the Final Jeopardy! question. She said that he'd bet $15,000; I said $20,000. Well, he bet a measly 10 grand and won the question... dang, he could've broken the record! King Ken can be a real pain sometimes!

Anyway, he now stands at $1,100,460. Go, King Ken!

Ciao!
ElvenShieldmaiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2004 01:10
Ken was on "World News Tonight"! He is the news broadcast's "Person of the Week." It was pretty interesting; basically they showed clips of different "Jeopardy!" shows (most of them funny) and of an interview he gave, as well as shots of him with his 1-year-old son (so cute!), his wife, and his dog.

Ciao!
~Venora~
Violinist of Mirkwood
Send Message
on: July 19, 2004 03:14
*Spoilers!*
Hehe, I get to break the news this time! He won yet again! Though, I don't remember how much he has now. He won around 30 thousand today. Go Ken!
ElvenShieldmaiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2004 05:59
He won 35 grand, Venora!

So now he's at $1,135,460!

Ciao!
SamoftheShire
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 02:19
Phew! I couldn't watch it. was at the library, and my mom forgot to watch it for me.
ElvenShieldmaiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 11:06
$1,164,660!

I'll be out of town, starting Friday, so once that happens someone else will need to update this thread! And if/when Ken wins, please, someone... please tell me EVERYTHING you remember about the game!

Ciao!
~Venora~
Violinist of Mirkwood
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 12:45
Wow! I didn't watch it yet but awsome! He is still in the game!! Yay!!
I normally watch it, unless if we have to go somewhere, but I'll try to post in everything I can! I hope you have a wonderful time ElvenShieldMaiden!
SamoftheShire
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2004 02:35
And if you can't do it, Venora, I'll do it.
Ithiahir
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2004 09:51
i'm kinda mad. i have marching band on tuesdays and thursdays from 6-9. and then in aug. it's every day... :cry: i like jeopardy. i've liked it for a while. (*meaning-before everyone went crazy over Ken*)
~Venora~
Violinist of Mirkwood
Send Message
on: July 21, 2004 01:30
*Spoilers*
Well, It's on right now. He is smoking! (Not the cigerette kind though) 22,000 at the second. About half way through Double Jeopardy. Still going. He found the daily double! Hehe, he guessed and got it right. The lady in the middle got the last daily double! *watches* She is gone! No final jeopardy for her. Well, I guess Ken wins again!! Winnings this time=30,000!!! Final score=1,194,660!! Go Ken!

(Edited to clearify the scores)

[Edited on 22/7/2004 by ~Venora~]
SamoftheShire
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2004 02:39
Yes! Go Ken!
Sullie
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2004 05:24
Well, at the last episode of the season of Jeopardy, Ken Jennings walked away with $1,321,660, a six week vacation until he can come on again, AND he broke the record for highest one day total with a $75,000 win. Not bad for a days work, eh?
SamoftheShire
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 24, 2004 02:11
YAY! He broke the record! Seventy-five thousand dollars! WOOHOO! He had fourteen thousand four hundred at the end of the first half, and then shot ahead!
~Venora~
Violinist of Mirkwood
Send Message
on: July 27, 2004 09:46
Go Ken! Pity he won't play till September 7th or 6th. Last nights episode, here, was a repeat from the last college tourtament. This is very funny. The guy who won, his name was Ken! Hehe!
(Thank you SamoftheShire for keeping the score. I had a sudden trip and I forgot to post it. :hug: )
Ithiahir
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2004 02:26
HE RETURNS! :evil: he won again tonight. 10,001 added to his total. so i don't know what that would be. he blew it on the final jeopardy. *shakes head*
~Venora~
Violinist of Mirkwood
Send Message
on: November 30, 2004 03:30
Severe Jeopardy Spoilers!!!!!

(Don't say I didn't warn you! )

Ken lost!!! OMGosh!! He won 74 games in a row and then lost!! Wow! But, overall, he did a wonderful job, he was really, really smart, and he lost very, very graciously, I must add! He gained 2.5 million, so I don't think that he will be to upset.
Good Job, Ken!! You put up a great fight!
LadyCeleborn
Palantir Mod, Guardian of Ulmo's Realm & Resident Eomer Fancier
Send Message
on: November 30, 2004 04:49
I've been watching it too but I just can't believe that he missed that question...it's almost as if he wanted to lose.

That question should have been a piece of cake for him. But he is walking away with several million dollars....I wouldn't exactly call him a "loser"...:disco:
Keterai
Palantír/Collectibles Mod, & Ninja Extraordinaire
Send Message
on: November 30, 2004 10:15
I think he just wanted to lose, so didn't put anything into it...and missed stuff that was sorta..."duh"-ish.

But hey, he'll aways be remembred now .

Let's hope that Zerg lady gets off real quick, hehe, sweet justice.

(BTW: Anyone get a craving to play StarCraft when you hear that lady's last name?)
SamoftheShire
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2004 03:10
NOOOOOO!!! Darn it. Oh, BTW-LAdy Celeborn, that's exactly what my dad said.
Ugh, that lady wasn't even that good. I bet she loses tonight.
~Venora~
Violinist of Mirkwood
Send Message
on: December 05, 2004 10:10
lol, she did loose the next day *laughs* I bet Ken just got ticked at that!
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2005 11:00
I miss Ken....

I thought he was going to last forever!!! Not fair.NOT fair. *lol* *cries*
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email