Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lhaewon
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Let's talk about: The Amazing Race
on: December 20, 2004 10:26
No way Lhaewon ~ I would never call anyone names because he or she didn’t understand the meaning of a certain word. I just thought 'stein' was a relatively common word but maybe that’s just my age (or beer drinking experience) showing. ~RubySandybanks
I knew that you wouldn't ever say anything like that, I was just saying that--with Freddy/Kendra--I also didn't know what a stein was either. But you bring up a good point, I probably wouldn't know what a stein was because I don't drink beer (I'm only 15 after all), so...you get the idea! Hope I didn't offend you either with my comment about the "stein".
Hayden & Aaron haven’t really annoyed me yet. In fact, they don’t particularly stand out in my mind. Maybe, I better pay more attention to them. ~RubySandybanks
Oh, I see. You like them because they haven't gotten on your nerves yet? Well, that's a good enough reason to put them #2 on your list! It seems like all of us are rooting for Jon/Kris, doesn't it? I mean, they're Rivka's and your favorite team plus they're one of my favorite teams.
Bolo and Lori walking 10 miles was quite something too. I thought for sure that they were going to be eliminated. They're kind of growing on me. ~RubySandybanks
Yeah, I was hoping that they wouldn't get eliminated. It really looked like they were going to be the last to arrive at the pit stop. I'm glad they didn't because I actually liked them more than Don/Mary Jean. But...Bolo/Lori have been making of late way to many little mistakes and if they continue to make those stupid little mistakes, it'll get them eliminated in one of these episodes. I just hope they don't make as many mistakes as they did in the last episode in tomorrow's episode. I want them to at least stay longer than Adam/Rebecca and Jonathan/Victoria.
I can’t say that Victoria is one of my favorite people in the race either. I do think that a lot of what we see of her is her reaction to Jonathan though. It’s very hard to watch a victim especially when the victim doesn’t fully understand that they are being victimized. Under the circumstances, I think it’s impossible for Victoria to show her true self. I hope she finds a way out of her ‘victim’ role. It’s a long, hard road. ~RubySandybanks
Gosh, I've never thought of that. That actually makes quite a lot of sense. Since she's only reacting (screaming in fact) to want Jonathan says to her, of course she'll always not be considered "likeable" because she's screaming at Jonathan trying to "defend" herself from how he always thinks it's her fault for making the team mess-up. That's an interesting point you bring up.

Anyway, I'm hoping that either Adam/Rebecca or Jonathan/Victoria gets eliminated next. In reality, I know it's wishful thinking to think Jonathan/Victoria will be going next. I mean, they have been doing well the entire race. It'll probably be either Adam/Rebecca or Bolo/Lori and maybe even Gus/Hera. I really think it'll be Adam/Rebecca going though. They take too long in many of the Detours and Roadblocks and they usually make too many mistakes plus they bicker quite often. That's not a winning formula! Oh, and why do they just follow everyone else?

That's all I have to say...

Lhaewon
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2004 10:17
I need some HELP!!!

See, me and sister didn't know that The Amazing Race was coming on sooner then usual, so we completely missed last night's episode! We were watching The Biggest Loser (which was kind of boring) till The Amazing Race came on, but--to our oh-so-disappointing surprise--we just saw the last bit of the commerical of next week's episode! So...could any of you tell me want exactly happened in last night's episode? Like, what was the Detour? What was the Roadblock? Was there any major agruements between the teammates or other teams? Did any of teams come across any major difficulties? In what position did each of the teams arrive at the pit stop?
# While riding in a taxi, a Team member irritates the driver to the point of getting the pair kicked out.

# Teams are required to drive cars unlike any they've ever seen before.

# During a run-in with the law, one Racer pours on the charm to miraculously turn the situation to their benefit, while the teammate looks on in amazement.

# Transportation proves disastrous for one Team as they find themselves left behind. How will this setback affect their game? ~RubySandybanks
Oh, and exactly who were these comments referring to? And, most importantly, who was eliminated? I would very much appreciate it if any of ya'll would answer my questions about last night's episode! Thanks!

[Edited on 22/12/2004 by Lhaewon]
eldride
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 02, 2005 02:41
wow!!!! i havent been here in ages!!!! so how are you all?
nwyas, just to catch up on things, i actually felt just a wee bit of pity when jonathan and victoria were eliminated. i didnt like htem but i also felt pity for victoria coz jonathan would probably scream at here again or something. grr..... i hate how her treated victoria...especially when she cut her hand!!!!! he was screaming at her....cant do anything but hate him! maybe i will go to cbs, like rivka suggested, and complain. victoria is pretty nice but jonathan...... grrrness.... i could go on forever about his horribleness(if thats a word). he makes her do all the horrible things (like hte soup) and then screams at her for apparently not doing it right. that was a lot of soup.
i cant stand kendra...apparently the world isnt good enough for her. i dont like her comments about "third world countries''. she needs to look around herself and be more aware of the world. she seems really protected. freddy is ok. spiteful, but ok.

gus and hera were really nice. rebecca and adam are like overgrown babies. an herthey dont treat each other as equals. rebecca is always trying to be the better one and take control. she treats adam like a kid. i hate the fact htat she follows everyone around and does what they do.

lori and bolo screamed a lot but the went well together. i'm not a hayden fan, her bf is nice though.

i hope thAT krisa and jon win. they are te nicest and get along the most.

the chines cab driver thing was amusing.
thats it for now
~eld

[Edited on 2/3/2005 by eldride]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email