Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Amirel
Council Member
Send Message
Post Which was your fav fight/battle?
on: August 04, 2004 09:22
hi! support your favourite fighters in battle over here as you choose your favourite fight/battle and why... mine is the one where they rescue merry and pippin... yours?

~Amirel

Quote from Gandalf to Grima Wormtongue:
"I have not travelled through fire and water to battle words with a witless worm."
Nazgul and Arwen
0% (0)
Nazgul and Aragorn
2% (1)
Boromir's death
17% (8)
Rescuing Merry and Pippin
2% (1)
Wargs
0% (0)
Helms Deep
21% (1)
Pelannor Fields
49% (2)
Black Gate of Mordor
4% (2)
Gollum and Frodo
2% (1)
sairina_star
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: Which was your fav fight/battle?
on: August 05, 2004 02:03
Mine is Helm's Deep. When I saw it in the movie theater and I was at the edge of my seat.

Actually I love all battle scenes but this one I love the most.
i_luv_orlando_b
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2004 04:38
Helm's Depp---I like them all though
AranelOfLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2004 09:06
I chose Helm's Deep. I like the other ones, but this one was a little more exciting. Gotta Love Haldir!
AgentElrond
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2004 09:49
I loved The Black Gate best. Because right before Aragorn runs into battle he says my favorite quote, "For Frodo". It made me cry so much!
sairina_star
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 05, 2004 10:21
I loved The Black Gate best. Because right before Aragorn runs into battle he says my favorite quote, "For Frodo". It made me cry so much!

I forgot about that.

That part I liked too. But in the Helm's Deep there was more scenes of fighting.
Scatha
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2004 02:04
Of the choices I would have to say Pelennor, from "Forth Eorlingas!' to "There is planty for the both us". The part where Aragorn/Gimli/Legolas/Dead come just screams "Ohh look at us take all the glory from The Rohirrim!"
Gildor-Inglorion
Elvellon ar Pethdan
Send Message
on: August 05, 2004 03:31
The battle of the Pellenor Fields is intense - very powerful stuff. I, however, chose Boromir's death as I very much liked the personal nature of the conflict - one man against insurmountable odds fighting for a few little guys that seem rather insignificant.
galadriel_evenstar_idril
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2004 11:56
boromir's death was so sad, not that im a huge fan of boromir, but it was still sad...i also like eowyn v. the witchking...though it was more like a duel rather than a battle...
Pips_Gurl
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2004 06:12
My fav. gotta be the Black Gate cause at first Aragorn charges the army of Mordor all by himself! You'd think that Gandalf or Legolas or Gimli would be the next to follow but it was the hobbits Merry and Pippin! That was sooo cute!
Mearasiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2004 09:13
Pellanor fields! The ride of the Rohirrim is so awesome!
tar_hazelton
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2004 11:13
Pelennor Fields. It's the biggest and the best.
Brandi
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2004 11:46
I have to agree with Mearasiel. The ride of the Rohirrim was so awesome I got goosebumps. I do everytime I see it. Ride for death...no illlusions...no retreat.
L_O_A_F
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2004 02:44
I absolutely loved Helm's Deep! I loved it when Legolas slid down the stairs.
BetonyTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2004 08:20
My favourite battle would be that at Amon Hen.

Aragorn saying goodbye to Frodo, and then stepping out to meet the Uruk-hai and give them a good slicing and dicing is just very cool. And Boromir fighting to save Merry and Pippin, only to fail and have them taken despite his dying efforts. :cry: :sob: Boromir! :sob:
Tinúmelë
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2004 05:06
Helm's Deep, because of the Forth Eorlingas...my personal favorite part of the trilogy.
MirkwoodsArcher
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2004 05:04
Pelennor fields is my favourite

The moment when you hear the horns sounding and then you see all the Rohan riders appear .....so exciting !!!

..and then they just cut throught the orcs.

The_seventh_Ringbearer
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2004 11:51
I voted for Frodo vs. Gollum. I'm not sure which fight they're talking about, but I'm hoping it's the last one in Mount Doom. It might not have been long, but it was soooo sweet!
Shire~Maiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2004 05:13
I chose Pelennor Fields. It's one of my fav. scenes in the entire trilogy! Death!
EruanwenSaeriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 09, 2004 06:38
It's not so much the battle, though that was awesome too, but Boromir's fight to the death was the best death scene I have ever watched on film. Sean Bean is an awesome actor. The only thing that bugged me about the actual death scene was the lack of continuity between his coverage and Aragorn's. Boromir grasps Aragorn's shoulder and neck desperately when shooting him, but when they are shooting Aragorn, he doesn't have his hand up there. And I thought that desperate grasping was what made the scene.

Back to the actual battle scene, I loved the camera work, the "flying fox" camera on the wire that followed the battle through the forest. Wonderful cinematography.
samira
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2005 04:36
I voted for the Pellanor Fields. It is just an amazing battle. I really liked the ee version of it. Theoden's face when he thinks he sees Eowyn fighting.

Also one of my favorite battle scence is in Moria. The hobbits did great there.
Manephelien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2005 03:14
That's a tough one. I like the scenes where they show the battles close up. The big scenes with lots of people leave me unmoved... So, Boromir's death, Osgiliath, Minas Tirith, the top of the wall at Helm's Deep.
Precious!
Vingilot~sailor
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2005 03:54
oh-oh-oh not fair. I love Helms Deep and Pelennor.

I have to go with Pelennor in the end because... because...well I am not sure at the moment....
orthanc5
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 03, 2005 09:38
Osgiliath was my favorite, not sure why, but it was awesome. Of these choices, Helm's Deep is the best since there is so much to it.
HerenyeofRohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2005 11:25
Favorite battle? Def. Pelennor Fields. The horse charge was *awesome* and it is pretty intense- especially when you see the Mumukil arrive.
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2005 03:06
Pelennor Fields, but I also liked the Osgiliath battle in TTT with the Nazgul flying over and everything, even though you didn't see much of the battle. Also Eowyn's battle with the Nazgul, if you want to call it a battle.
Nick_5
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2005 04:20
Mine was Helm's Deep. I also liked the fight scenes in Minas Tirith before Rohan came.
luthienkenobi
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2005 05:22
The Black Gates is the best...but I also like Pelennor Fields.
FrostLord20
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2005 07:21
all of them were cool. but i like pelennor fields the best, though they extended slighty adding the southron cavalry and more trolls and easterlings. all i saw in that battle was orcs orcs orcs and several trolls and a couple easterlings. boromir's death was good too
fbc
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2005 04:40
the lead up to boromir's death
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: April 07, 2005 06:51
Pellanor's Fild was my favourite in the books and in the movies. I loved the charge of the Rohirrim and how Merry and Eowyn dispatched the Nazgul! And of course Legolas, Aragorn, and Gimli were cool too.
Aorelind
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2005 09:59
I voted for the battle of the Pelennor Fields...I love the mumakil, just cause they kick butt, and also it has Theoden's death scene, which is beautiful, and Eomer's reaction when he sees Eowyn on the battlefield (from the EE DVD) makes me want to cry.
kayedhel
Council Member
Send Message
I liked the black gate of morodor because once again legolas is counting how many kills and I just found it quite entertaining
"What is friend in elvish?" - Frodo "Mellon" - Gandalf
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Osgiliath for sure. So intricate looking.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Pelennor. The people of Rohan riding out, so few against so many, a people charging into death.

Death! Death! Death!
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email