Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Icymt
Council Member
Send Message
Post Poll: How hot is it where you live?
on: August 16, 2004 09:13
Hi
Right now i am extremely hot where i live. I am sweating like crazy . I live in Las vegas Nevada USA.:cry: Its in the middle and when you see a green tree you scream.
:cry:
How hot is it all around the world?
Wouldn't you like to know!
I don't watch the news.
smile
icymt
110+
2% (1)
100+
10% (5)
90+
26% (1)
80+
14% (7)
70+
12% (6)
60+
12% (6)
50+
2% (1)
40+
0% (0)
30+
4% (2)
anything below 30
18% (9)
sairina_star
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: Poll: How hot is it where you live?
on: August 16, 2004 09:23
This summer has been the weirdest. It's usually in the 90s but the highest this summer was 86 or something like that. I hate summer because it's usually hot but it's been a nice summer. I feel sorry for you Icymt. You must be suffering with that heat over there.
VilyaTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2004 09:43
I live in the lovely California desert, actually pretty near to Las Vegas, so I'm getting that extreme heat like you Icymt. We actually had a lot of rain yesterday, which was great, but now it's back to heat.
sairina_star
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 16, 2004 09:45
Here in New York we had lots of rain and it was raining this morning and the highest it had gotten today is 70 degrees.
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2004 02:01
I said 'round 60, because that's the average... this summer, it's been really cold and wet (for here), so it's been around seventy... and in the winter it's colder, usually below forty...
truegirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2004 04:17
I'm in central Maryland and we usually have hot (upper 80's to mid 90's) and very humid summers. But the past two summers have been relatively mild for us. Of course anything above 75 is a heatwave to me. I HATE hot weather. I keep my AC running at 62 from March to November. And in winter I keep the temp around 60 in my house. I really need to move to somewhere that's cool year round - with NO humidity!! Suggestions anyone?
Eloise
Giver of Smores
Send Message
on: August 19, 2004 08:41
How hot is it here?
Not hot enough

I'm in Scotland, and our weather is quite messed up. The last couple of days its been quite chilly with torrential rain and thunder storms, whereas a few weeks before it was warm enough to be spain or somewhere. I wish the weather would make up its mind
ArwenCZJ
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2004 11:27
Arghhhhh!

Too, Hot, Burning, Need, WWAAAATTEEER!

Same as you Icymt!
Icymt
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2004 11:39
Does anyone know the song "The roof, the roof, the roof is on FIRE"! :naughty:

I am crosscountry running in lasvegas. I feel like jacking someones car!!!!!:evil:

just kidding iwould not du that. I m too cute>>>>>>> :twitch:

ya
wether makes you crazi:evil:

smilleeeeeeeely Walmart-idon;t like it. it . one word "cheap"
icymt
snoopy_hobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2004 02:40
I know that song. Good song.

Where I am, it has rained quite a bit and stayed in the upper '90's. We're over the monthly average by seven inches or something.
ArwenCZJ
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2004 11:13
It's gone down here to........ 99!
Puppet_Master
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2004 05:04
The weather in my city is just perfect, it´s tropical but never too hot or too cold
:disco::disco:
ShotoKid
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2004 10:10
where I live, in the summer it's usually at least in the 90s (excluding heat index) and in the winter it's usually 40s or below, in spring and fall it's usually high sixties to low 80s
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: September 08, 2004 12:00
This has been such a horrible summer. It's usually in the 80's and 90's in July in August, but most days we were lucky to hit the 80 degree mark. For a couple days earlier in August, I actually went about with three layers on (a long sleeve shirt, a light zip up top, and my denim jacket). I was freezin! A lot of the summer was in the 70's and low 80's. Very nice weather some days, but I missed my summer.
Fíriel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: September 12, 2004 01:27
I almost fell off my chair when I saw what people had posted -- 90 degrees!? Then I realised that these figures were all in Farenheit.

If it's interesting enough to anybody, I live in Sydney, Australia, and summers there range from mid to high 30s (in Celsius, of course!), although temps above 40°C aren't unusual. The worst thing about summers where I live is that the sunshine is so hot, so intense, that you can feel yourself getting sunburnt, and the air is also so hot it feels like one's walking around in a furnace. At least we don't typically have humid summers.
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
on: June 06, 2005 04:30
Another 'revival'!! :evil:

Being another desert-person , we've been 'lucky' so far this year. In the 90's this week - though it was in the 100's last week... and more 100's and 110's are on the way... :rolling:

Keep on T.R.U.C.K.ing!!
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
Felnor
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2005 09:09
I live in England so you can guess what the weathers like here.... Middle of the summer and its still raining 4 times a week!
Celedë_Anthaas
Stargazer of Ithilien
Send Message
on: June 06, 2005 10:16
Right now it's about 10*C Not very warm. It's usually between 20-30*C in summer.

For everyone who is having trouble converting celsius to fahrenheit, check out this online converter
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2005 12:29
Over here in little forgotten Indiana, we have all four seasons and summers just started! They past few days we've actually had a lot of rain the power went out a few times.. as usual. Today it was 95 degrees F. But in the summer we have a range of 80-95 sometimes it will hit 100 but thats rare. I can't wait to go to the dunes!!!
ABagginsOfTheShire
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 07, 2005 10:42
I couldn't vote in the poll, cause I go by Celcius, and I know there is a calculation for converting Farenheit into Celcius, but I can't remember it. Anyways, it's about 20 degress C here, on average. That's cold, but not exceptionally cold. Cold over here is, say, 12 degrees C. It doesn't snow here, you'd have to travel a few hours in the middle of winter to get good snow. It's such a shame, I LOVE snow, it's one of the pictures I have on tmy desktop, I love it so much. :love:

Winter here means strong winds, rain and other stuff.
LotrLuva
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2005 12:30
Well, I go by Celcius, too, I'm an Aussie. It's pretty weird, because I hear people in the northern hemisphere talking about how it's over 100 degrees and I wonder why they haven't melted, but that's all irrelevant. Over here, it's in winter and very cold. It's about 10 degrees at the moment.
Ilfa
Surrealism of Arda
Send Message
on: June 08, 2005 05:03
I also go by Celcius. Well, it's too hot in here that our hottest ever recorded temperature is 43 degree Celcius. Right now, it's a bit cold, mabe 25+ degree (C), because it's the beginning of our season, rainy days... we don't have fall and autumn and winter. And it's the start of school days too, I think school days here in us should be pushed to September so no more "no classes" because of rain and storms.
Celedë_Anthaas
Stargazer of Ithilien
Send Message
on: June 09, 2005 12:32
25*C cold? You should've come to visit me in Norway last summer! It was such a horrible summer, just rain, rain and rain, that when it was about 16*C and cloudy we'd go swimming in the fjord because the weather was so nice
hobbitnamedeliza
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2005 04:20
I'm in Florida--the heat index (that's the opposite of "wind chill" for the uninitiated) yesterday and today was 105 degrees. That means the actual temperature of the air was somewhere in the 90s, but the humidity made it feel like 105. Too darned hot if you ask me!
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2005 04:11
This is whats been in Britain's news recently

Britain Set to Sizzle This Weekend

Britain's beaches are set to be popular destinations this weekend

Sun worshippers are in for a treat over the next few days as a heatwave hits the UK, forecasters predict.

Temperatures are set to soar thanks to a combination of high pressure and winds blowing from the south, with 31ºC (88ºF) predicted in London at the weekend.

The mercury is due to reach 25ºC (77ºF) in parts of Scotland and Northern Ireland tomorrow and Saturday, while inland parts of England and Wales will be even hotter.

The highest temperature so far this year was 31.9ºC (89.4ºF) in London on May 27.

ABagginsOfTheShire
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 07, 2005 05:00
It's interestion, Ilfa says 25 degrees is cold and LadyEruanna says 25 degrees is sizzling hot... goes to show how differently people see temperatures from different countries.

25 degrees is kinda just pleasant here. In mid-summer, we can get up to 38/39 degrees, but the average would be about 30/32. Man, I hate summer, and I would LOVe to live in a place where 25 degrees was considered a heatwave.

Right now, it's spring and it's about 22 degrees.
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: August 07, 2005 06:10
It depends on whether you measure in Fahrenheit or Celsius. 25 in F is really cold, but not too bad in C. 38 or 39 C is close to body temperature (98.6) and for weather, that's HOT! LOL...
~figwit~
Daydreamer of Ekkaia
Send Message
on: August 08, 2005 04:39
It's been quite cold here this summer, only about 20-25 C. I love hot weather, Greece and Turkey are paradises for me, over 45 C!
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2005 06:33
Honestly, that heat wave was terrible; I couldn't sleep some nights! People were making their way to beaches all around the country & then complaining about the amount of traffic on the roads. In the end some vowed never to come back to the coasts :rolleyes:

I really don't do well in hot climates. I don't think I could survive if I lived somewhere like Greece!
__Celebrían
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2005 04:26
The hottest it's been here was 111 F (Southern USA). We've had so much rain this summer that the humidity is almost unbearable. Feels like a stinkin' rain forest.
Dream~Giver
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 11, 2005 05:20
I live in Las vegas Nevada USA.

Hey, I was born there! Now, I live in Pennsylvania, but uh, that's not important.
It's been known to get up into the hundreds over here, but it's mostly in the 80's or low 90's. But it's not the heat that gets me...it's the humidity. O_o
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2005 11:36
I had a crazy few weeks. I went to Alaska and it rained forever and stayed between 45 F - 65 F aka cold! then as we went home it got hotter and hotter till it was like 90F - 100 F I was like I'm gonna get sick or something!
newsgirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2005 02:17
I live in the next hottest place next to death valley. Reg. temp. here, in the summer, is 115 degrees fahrinheit. (or however you spell that word) But it gets hotter. People who are from really cold places (mostly retired) come here in the winter, seeking warm weather. We call 'em 'snowbirds'. So sometime early in the year our small city holds an annual 'snowbirds breakfast' in which a whole bunch of snowbirds come to this park and get a free breakfast and have a lot of other stuff. Sorry for rambling
Earnur
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2005 01:12
7 degrees Celsius here right now, but it's the middle of the night. Usually somewhere between 10-20 degrees Celsius during the day at this time of year up here in the North
Sweet~Athelas
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2005 04:54
I live in central California and here you could boil an egg on the sidewalk :cry:
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email