Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
sam
Council Member
Send Message
Post autographs
on: October 24, 2002 08:36
right i am sorry if i spelt that wrong and that but i cant spell i hope u all no what i mean. has anyone got any of the lord of the ring casts autographs?
hobbit_girl
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: autographs
on: October 27, 2002 06:55
i do! Elijah Wood was redoing some scene in another movie a couple months ago right beside where my mom works. she saw him and got his autograph for me and my sis.

[Edited on 27/10/2002 by hobbit_girl]
sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 27, 2002 08:51
really that is kool i wish i had elijahs autograph though i have got billy boyds and ian holms on a card it is not as good as a real autograph!
Eslyssa
COE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 02, 2002 05:55
No autographs for Eslyssa...

It's amazing how few movies they film in Aus...

-But- The third Matrix is filming in Sydney next year, and we all know who's in that film. Ashalind and I are going to hunt him down.
sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2002 04:28
lol kool.
fixer
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 09, 2002 12:30
I was lucky to get a Topps trading card of Bilbo Baggins signed by mr. Holm in the first pack I bought. I didn't even knew they inserted signed cards. Cool.
Scothia
CoE Elder Sister
Send Message
on: November 09, 2002 07:37
I didn't know that either! Whoa--gonna have to look for those Topps cards. Where did you buy yours?
fixer
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 09, 2002 11:14
In Antwerp, Belgium. Kinda far away isn't it?
Mirlomien
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 09, 2003 05:21
I've been thinking about writing them hoping for an autograph. Problem is, I'm not exactly sure what to say, could anyone help me out here? Thanks
Scattergold
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2003 09:47
Laki.. most big actors have some sort of PR that deal with his or her fan base, it is quite simple to get actor autographs, altho they tend to send them on generic glossies, getting an autograph on a still from the movie is another story.

I've got three as of now Sean Astin, Elijah Wood, and Ian Holmes, I am planning on matting them and illustrating the matting itself with some hobbitish things ones I obtain pics of Merry and Pippin.... I plan on eventually doing a same themed pieces with elves and then men later on.....
Scothia
CoE Elder Sister
Send Message
on: January 10, 2003 11:16
Oooo, Scattergold, that sounds great!

I've seen quite a few autographed photos on eBay. Can't attest to their authenticity, of course. Caveat emptor.
Galenas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2003 02:26
I collect rather, err, larger memorabilia. I am really in love with the weaponry of LOTR. What do you think? If I ran up to Viggo with Andruil in hand......would I get him to autograph it, or get shot first?
I would really love to get the autographs of each actor on their corresponding swords, but methinks it is impossible.....unless somebody knows about mailing 10lbs of steel to actors addresses?
Oh, give it up girl. lol at self. self is mental sometimes lol.
Mirlomien
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 14, 2003 03:52
Wow, that must get pretty expensive. It really would be cool, but your right, you'd probably get shot, and I'm not sure you'd want to mail it. Which ones do you have? I love those elvish swords!
Mallovorwen_Ballerina
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2003 11:22
I dont have one, but a friend of mine has Elijahs, and I am gonna get his adress from her. I have Orlandos address though.:love: This is so cool! MY FIRST POST!!!
Nevthónîel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 22, 2003 07:13
My friend Debbie, has Elijah, Sean A, Dom, Andy Seriks and Lawrence Makaore (Lurtz) autographs. Guess if I'm jealous?
Cristiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2004 10:57
I'm collecting autographs and so far I have autographs from Elijah, Ian McKellen and Sean Astin. I buy them from ebay, but you have to be carefull that you buy an original autograph and not a preprint.
Manaratowen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2004 09:42
i dont have any from an in person meeting. but i have a ian holmtopps card, and a pic that my aunt won from ebay of viggo's autographs.
LuthienReborn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2004 05:05
I've got Sean Astin's. It's a poster and framed and everything. My first grade teacher's husband is related to the Astin family somehow. My mom still works at the school and got it for me! I love it! I would like to write some of the actors to try and get autographs. I know that I send a self addressed envelope, but do I send a picture as well? or will they just give me a generic?
HothienGreenLeaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2004 10:26
Anybodi has Hugo weaving's fan mail address?? Oh gosh... I really love him!!! I've got orli's one thru the fan mail thingy, they actualli replied! But still...it's a printed copy! =\
I_am_no_man
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2004 04:10
I have Craig Parker, Jorn Benzon, Bruce Hopkins, Jed Brophy, and Lawrence Makoare, all very cool guys. They're all framed and on my wall, they're my preciouses

[Edited on 3/5/2004 by I_am_no_man]
Eamane15
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2004 05:13
i have Sean Astin's. i got to meet him and he gave me a hug. i got to talk with him for a while and i started to cry. he was so nice and i am hoping to see him again.
presage
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 28, 2004 02:45
I'm collecting as many as I can to add to my son's ever growing LOTR collection. So far -- the nine actors of the Fellowship, cate blanchett, craig parker, martin csokas, hugo weaving, miranda otto, karl urban, and liv tyler.

I try to get all 8x10's, and only those in LOTR character. A friend advised me to use a matt when framing. Apparently, the autograph can smudge if the photo ever directly touches the glass. Makes sense, but I hadn't thought of it.

I haven't been able to find Christopher Lee. Does he even give autographs? And, I'm still looking for David Wenham and Bernard Hill.

presage
Tinwetari
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2004 01:41
I have Orlando Bloom's autograph. My friend got it for me.
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 28, 2004 03:47
I have Orlando Bloom's autograph. It is actually the first ever personalised autograph that he did, and it was just for little old me! lol. It is on a huge poster of Legolas, and it was framed (Because he didn't use a waterproof pen). But I love it!!! I got it for my 15th Birthday. *goes into dream mode* I would love Liv's, Viggo's, Elijah's and Dom's autographs too, but they are hard to come by. Infact, I would love everyone's autograph!
King_Elessar
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2004 09:43
I don't have any autographs! But then, I'm only 12, so I don't really have much chance at this age! But my tutor's best friend knows Orlando well, and the friend is gonna try & arrange for my tutor to meet Orlando. And my tutor absoloutly promised that she's get his signiture for me & my sis. Also, I'm currently writing a fan-letter to David Wenham (my joint fav LOTR actor, along with Viggo).

King_Elessar
presage
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 08, 2004 10:46
Finally added Peter Jackson to our collection of hand-signed photos. Still looking for David Wenham and Bernard Hill at an affordable price.

Also, don't have Christopher Lee -- seems impossible to find.

Looking forward to getting Sean Astin's auto on his book at the signing in San Francisco.

presage
Friend_of_Legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 17, 2004 05:18
I have Elijah Wood's autograph!
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 17, 2005 06:15
No I don't have any autographs. To be quite truthful it would make me extremely happy if I could get even one!

Does anyone have any address where I can get Viggo's, Liv's, David Wenham's, Miranda Otto's, Billy's, Dom's or Andy Serkis' autographs?

Though Viggo and Miranda are my favourites but I would really be eternally grateful if anybody could give me an address for them because it would make be happy forever!

Thanks!
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2005 01:46
My mom does:

She's a total "ook" when it comes to "Master and Commander"; so much so that she bid on (and won) the original script for it. :rolleyes: Turns out that the script is signed by Russel Crowe, Paul Betteny, and Billy Boyd.

I'm so jealous....(hehe!)
Gondorgal
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2005 04:47
I got a personal letter from Orlando Bloom AND an autographed picture. 'K, who's jealous? Hey, who was David Wenham's address?!
Elven_Light
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2005 04:17
wowee all of you lucky people ^^
I don't have any autographs and i doubt i'lll ever get one from the lotr cast in my lifetime. Though just a side note to those that buy autographs off ebay or what not:

don't you think its not as 'authentic' (like even if it is an actual signature not a copy) because you would actually pay someone to have someone else's autograph? I mean isnt part of getting an autograph is the joy of meeting the person in real life or knowing they had signed it for you not some money-hungry person who has like 10 different pictures so they can sell it off on ebay.

I was reading Ian Mc..(forgot his last name:mad Well Gandalf saying that he doesn't like signing things and then find them being auctioned off on ebay.
Gondorgal
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2005 06:14
I don't have any autographs and i doubt i'lll ever get one from the lotr cast in my lifetime. Though just a side note to those that buy autographs off ebay or what not:

don't you think its not as 'authentic' (like even if it is an actual signature not a copy) because you would actually pay someone to have someone else's autograph? I mean isnt part of getting an autograph is the joy of meeting the person in real life or knowing they had signed it for you not some money-hungry person who has like 10 different pictures so they can sell it off on ebay.

I was reading Ian Mc..(forgot his last name:mad Well Gandalf saying that he doesn't like signing things and then find them being auctioned off on ebay.

well, hey!!! I wouldn't like finding stuff I'd signed on Ebay either. That's why I only get my autographs there if the actor's dead.
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2005 09:11

Well I completely agree. You'd think that after paying all that money for something as good as a signed script or autograph, it wouldn't be worth it to give it away. But then again....how often are you gonna come across one? For example: I'd love to meet a member of the LOTR cast, but I don't like to put them through all the trouble of signing autographs. I certainly wouldn't want someone trailing my tail every few minutes just so I could sign a piece of paper every second of the day. Sooo...buying signed autographs off of Ebay or the like isn't the same thing as getting it in person, but at least you can be sure to check if it's a copy or not. The one my mom got of the Master and Commander script was the real thing...sooo.....how lucky can ya' get?
Friend_of_Legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 03:28
Does anyone have any address where I can get Viggo's, Liv's, David Wenham's, Miranda Otto's, Billy's, Dom's or Andy Serkis' autographs?

Hey,

I have the address of Miranda Otto, it is:

Miranda Otto,
c/o Bymel O'Neill Mgnt,
9111 Wilshire Blvd,
Beverly Hills, CA,
90210-5508
USA
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2005 02:24
Elven_Light wrote:
I mean isnt part of getting an autograph is the joy of meeting the person in real life...
I totally agree.

My wife and I met and received autographs from Dominic Monaghan (Merry), Billy Boyd (Pippin), Elijah Wood (Frodo), Sean Astin (Sam), John Rhys-Davies (Gimli), and Bruce Hopkins (Gamling) at The One Ring Celebration this past January. I also met and got autographs from Jarl and Jorn Benzon. (They performed primarily as extras and stand-ins.)

At The Gathering of the Fellowship in December 2003 my wife met and received autographs from Bruce Hopkins (Gamling), Craig Parker (Haldir), and Craig Ferguson (Gil-galad). I met Bruce, but didn't get his autograph at that time.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email