Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
AgordanPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
Post Favorite Girl in LOTR
on: September 13, 2004 10:45
Which girl character did everyone like best in the movie series? I eamn there are not a lot to choose from but hey I wanna know anyway.

I included everyone... I hope, there are a few other girls if you wanna get technical.. like Shelob... she's a girl. So lets hear it!
Arwen
25% (2)
Eowyn
51% (4)
Rosie
3% (2)
Galadrial
18% (1)
Other
4% (3)
ABagginsOfTheShire
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: Favorite Girl in LOTR
on: September 13, 2004 08:29
I must say, I'm not a big fan of the LotR girls:evil:. But I voted for Rosie, cause she's the only one that I even moderately like...

Eowyn's also okay. But for some reason, I cannot STAND Arwen. She shouldn't have had as big a part as she did, and she was annoying....

As for Galadriel, well, I despised her in the first movie, but in RotK, in the 10 seconds that she had a role, she was sooo pretty, when she smiles and everything...

:wave:
BetonyTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 13, 2004 08:38
I like Eowyn. Doing it for herself, woot.

Galadriel is so pretty, though it took a couple ... dozen times watching FotR for me to like Cate playing her. I love her now, though her glowy green part still makes me go ">.>;"

Arwen is ... nice, though has -far- too much screentime. :dizzy:
Figwit
Book Club Moderator & Misty Mountain Monster
Send Message
on: September 14, 2004 01:12
ARWEN!! *Pulls out 'We want more Arwen' banner*

It took some getting used to her, but Liv Tyler did so well, and her character develops so beautifully. I have some gripes with the storyline, mainly the whole 'breaking-up' part, but I just love how Arwen is always the strongest one: when she tells Aragorn in FOTR that he's not Isildur, in TTT when she says 'It was a gift, keep it', and in ROTK when she practically orders her father to reforge Narsil. I love the look on her face when she sees Eldarion, the look of a girl realising that somewhere in the future she will be a women...

I just love Arwen, for the grace with which she carries bout youth and wisdom, both understanding and faith, both beauty and sadness, both the alluring light of immortality and the desire to be mortal.
I think this movie Arwen in a way comes very close to the Twilight Elf Tolkien describes.
Vale_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2004 06:21
*helps Figwit holding the WE WANT MORE ARWEN BANNER*... and i have nothing to add to what Figwit has said about why she prefers Arwen...she IS the strongest among the girls...she is the one who gives Aragorn's strenght and hope and only cries when Elrond foresees her future and when she sees her son (omg how i love that scene!) but never in front of Aragorn!!aw gosh Liv was the only one who could have played such a wonderful character!
Quickbeame
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2004 06:45
I voted for rosie, she and sam make a good match. I mean who could go wrong with a hobbit girl, kind caring and loves to plant and cook. the peaceful ways are best. so my vote goes to Rosie Gamgee.
AgordanPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2004 09:44
It was so hard for me to choose between Arwen and Eowyn. I love them both so much! But I choose Eowyn! I mean Arwen is such a close seond it isnt even funny. I love how Arwen gives everything up to do what she wants, and she defends whats right and asks questions. She's not the sterotypical Princess, and I love that. It like the main character in my book she's a Princess but she dosent take things lying down she kicks butt! I also love Liv Tyler, so i loved seeing her in that role

Eowyn however seemed a little stronger, but weak at the same time. She wants to love Aragorn, she wants to fight, she cant do both. She wants to help her uncle and her brother, she cant do both. She has so many hard choices to make. I love that she helps Merry and stands by him, thats great. She also makes a good final choice in men! She also upgrades the butt kicking maiden title! She kicks man or women! I would love to play Eowyn because she's such a complex character at time. Maranda did a great job!
~Arwen~
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2004 10:29
*points at screen name* I like Arwen, just the fact that she's willing to give up her inmortality to be with the one she loves is so...awwww!!!! :love: and I LOVE how Liv plays her, I LOVE HER! :love:
Scatha
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2004 12:14
Miranda Otto: Red-headed Ausie, what's not to like?
Cate Blanchette: Goregeous as Galadriel, absolutly stunning.
Arwen: She's not the best, but still very attractive.
Sarah McCleod: She's cute, another red head I think.

:love:
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2004 07:06
i loved all of them, but i loved Arwen the most.
Eruantalincë
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 15, 2004 10:47
***Picks up her own WE WANT MORE ARWEN banner***

I voted Arwen, I love her character and I love the way Liv plays her.
Celebrianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2004 04:31
I love Arwen for all the reasons Figwit mentioned plus she is to me, grace, dignity, hope, wisdom, loyalty, and selflessness personified.
HerenyeofRohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2004 03:35
My favorive LOTR lady is....(drumroll)......Eowyn! Many of the reasons I like her are already mentioned. I mean she is very brave, and stands up for what she believes in.:love: Galadriel is close behind too- I love her smile in Shelob's Lair!
aragorn1959
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2004 08:28
I would have to say Eowyn she seems so real and so HOT.She is definitely pretty as well. The other two were fine as well ,wish they could have been in movie a little bit more (than just a dream sequence or two)
Shire~Maiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2004 11:43
I love them all! It was so hard to make up my mind! I voted Eowyn, for reasons already mentioned.
Bookfaramir
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2004 12:00
Just read my signature - Éowyn rules! :love::heart: :drool: For me, she is the best female character("I am no man!" ). And Miranda Otto did a really great job!
Annûniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 18, 2004 12:55
I voted for Eowyn, but Rosie comes in close second. I would have liked to know more about Rosie... she's barely mentioned!

Arwen's ok, and Liv did a good job protraying her, but she got so much screen time... Ehhh... Would have been fine, but some scenes just really bothered me.
sairina_star
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 18, 2004 01:16
It was between Galadriel or Arwen for me. But finally I have voted for Arwen. She is gentle and I like her soft voice and Liv's role was great. Galadriel I like because she is also beautiful and wise.

Eowyn, for some weird reason, I couldn't stand her! She just really annoyed me while reading the books and watching the movies but Miranda did an awesome role doing Eowyn. Rosie's ok, wasn't mentioned that much so I really can't say she's my favourite or not. I would like to learn more of her just like Luthien03.
Serenity
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2004 03:39
Arwen is awesome. She just so hopeful and strong and especcially loyal. Man, she'd be the greatest friend ever and obviously the best girlfriend for the guys. Also, she's so self-sacrificing it makes me want to be just like her and look at my own life.
Now, Eowyn, she's a different story. I'm sorry but dawg, she annoys me!!! The scenes of where she's out side looking sad on the terrace... I know what she's thinking, "Ah, yes, such beautiful wind..." :twitch: She's such an airhead!!! But on the bright side, I must say, she is also very loyal and stays true to who she is. I respect that. Though she may express her loyalty in a very strange and stupid way, she did rid ME of that awes-- I mean wretched, yes evil evil Witch King.
But yes, GO ARWEN!
Scatha
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2004 07:36
The scenes of where she's out side looking sad on the terrace... I know what she's thinking, "Ah, yes, such beautiful wind..." :twitch:

Actually she's thinking "Crap! I've just lost the love of my life!"
Serenity
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2004 10:37
Actually she's thinking "Crap! I've just lost the love of my life!"

If you mean Theodred, that's her cousin. I don't think people in Middle Earth did that kinda thing.
LOTRcrazy
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2004 02:27
I love Eowyn!!!!!! and hate Arwen, she got way to much screen time. She's barely in the books, its all in the appendix.
LadyEowyn_Of_Rohan
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 21, 2004 01:34
If you mean Theodred, that's her cousin. I don't think people in Middle Earth did that kinda thing.
Actually, Túrin married his sister, and a Númenórean married his cousin to usurp the Sceptre of Númenor. -The Silmarillion
Anyway, my favorite character in the LotR films is Galadriel. The glowing green was off and she seems a little creepy, but I think overall Cate Blanchett did a pretty good job as Galadriel and looked a lot like I imagined her.
Nyérëven
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2004 04:09
Well, on first reflection, I thought I liked Eowyn the most, for going out and fighting. But....after a moments reflection, I realized that overall I like Arwen's personality more. *refrains from being redundant and points to the posts above her*
AgordanPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2004 03:18
I thought more people would like Rosy. Wow I'm really suprised.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2004 03:36
Eyown is the best because she is no man.
Valwen234
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2004 12:43
Eyown is the best because she is no man.

hahah! But I must say, I loved all of them for different reasons. They were all really cool, and really "good" people. They have their hearts in the right places.
Melmë
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2004 11:08
Galadriel is my favourite female character in the movie. She so beautiful and there's just something about her I really like. Cate Blanchett did a really great job as Galadriel. I even like the green glowing Galadriel part.
Lossendiliel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 03, 2004 08:02
I must say that my favourite is definitely Eowyn. I think that girls fighting and standing up for themselves is cool, they're the best!

Arwen is really good too, Liv did a wonderful work creating her, so did Cate with Galadriel. But they're both elves, and even though I love the race of elves more than any other races, I believe that Eowyn is better.

Rose, I don't think you see enough of her so I would vote for her, she is not as important (and again, she is in some way very important!).

Plus, Eowyn gets to marry Faramir.....
Legolin
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 05, 2004 06:13
I voted for Galadriel, although it was a hard choice. Speaking as a man (one of the few here I guess), I liked all of them quite equally. While I could appreciate the depth of their characters, I must admit that I like going through the movies and seeing the hot girls.

While most here would say "oooh, Legolas", I'm thinking "oooh, Arwen". I get upset sometimes when I see people here and elsewhere not liking one girl or another. I suppose that females can base their thougths on girl characters simply by acting style and not by beauty. Those smae people would oggle over Legolas, just because he's Orlando.

So, yeah, a little off topic, but I love all the characters in the Lord of the Rings, and I especially love the girls! There is not a thing or person in the trilogy that I would change. Incidently their are two other minor characters that were really good looking... Uruviel, Galadriel's handmaiden from the trading cards, and the Hobbit girl that looks up after the firework dragon explodes... yeah, that was nice too.
ShynxIdentity
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 05, 2004 02:38
for me, it's a close call between Arwen and Galadriel. i think both Liv and Cate did awesome jobs playing them..they looked just how i imagined them! i love Arwen's bravery and strength, i relate to her a lot; but i also love Galadriel for her wisdom and reverence. i guess you can say i see a bit of myself in both and that makes them mean even more to me. ELVES ROCK!! lol
atheniel_
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 06, 2004 12:23
I voted for Eowyn, but it was extremely close. I guess I don't really mind any of them. They're all different in their own way, but Eowyn rules... she's always wanted to like fight for what she loves and believes in, instead of being shunted aside and treated like a woman. it was great when she stabbed the Witch-King And i always get happy when i see her and Faramir together. aw.
legolasgurl
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 07, 2004 12:01
I looooove eowyn! She's definately my favorite!:love: Arwen's my second pick. I like all the girls a lot!

Send Message
on: October 07, 2004 03:04
Eowyn, definitely. She's such a strong role model, and Miranda Otto portrayed her brilliantly.
silver_stream
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 07, 2004 11:53
Either Eowyn or Galadriel, but I chose Eowyn...cliche reasons...

What kind of girl is meant by 'others'?
Like, Lothiriel or a random elf maiden?????
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email