Register

Author Topic:
Gumawerian
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Calling all Middle-Earth Dancers
on: November 28, 2007 08:50
I love dance! :disco:

I did ballet until I was 11 or so, then some years later I took up Bharata Natyam - a form of South Indian classical dance. I've been studying it for about 5 years now.

I'll echo all the stuff about "guys can dance too!" ... my brother used to do ballet, and I don't see anything wrong with guys who dance. It's quite refreshing, actually.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 29, 2007 02:28
Gumawerian, your post reminded me of a TV beer ad where three blokes were heading out of their apartment when one said they should go to the pub. One of the guys said he couldn't because he had to go to ballat class. Of course they ribbed him about it and they went their separate ways, and the two got their beer and were looking around the pub for girls. They got curious and thought of going to bug their mate at dance class, and when they got there, he's out practicing with all these tight leotard'd girls and realized he was no 'girly man'.

When I was at that fair in July, I could see some of the dancers performing at a cross cultural pub in Pelegir, or at some oasis in the deserts of Khand. Maybe because one of my fanfics leaned that way.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 13, 2007 02:23
I did ballet age 6-10
And 10-currently with jazz
I wish I lived in Middle Earth, I wish I was a Timelord, I wish I attended Hogwarts, but I must always remember, I am a Ranger's Apprentice.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 13, 2007 04:04
I did Irish Dance for about three years, and clogging for about four years. The two are very different, I assure you.

I also did hip hop, but only for a year. I got bored.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
PrincessPana
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 15, 2007 10:22
Ballet from aged 3 to my teen years, Ballroom from age 8 to date. Recently took up Latin dancing. Ummmm . . it's so good.

Hi Elfy, Did Irish dance in school - 1/2 hour a week through Primary School . . supposedly thought me culture . . .
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2007 04:07
lol...nice PP. A friend taught me swing dance one time, but me and my guy friend would always end up in a knot when we tried to do one of those 'special moves' or whatever...I think the one we attempted was called the 'Pretzel' The odd thing was that that one was usually my favorite move, but we just couldn't get it, lol!
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2007 04:15
Be greeted! I am doing Israelian ring-dances, called "hora".

I also know the "scool"-version - VERY basic - of the Waltz, Cha cha cha and Foxtrot, and the following dances: Polka, Jenka, Schottis (a Swedish dance), Troyka (a Russian dance) and a Czechoslovakian Polka, and some other old Swedish dances.

I watched once some medieval dances, i so hope to learn them!
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2008 06:39
Hey Y'all, I did ballet and tap for five years, and Irish dance for two I think. I loved it. I can also waltz and two-step. I'd like to learn more country-and-western dances. I really haven't danced with an guys, but would like to dance with someone who knew what he was doing. See y'all later,
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2008 01:20
hello
i've been dancing ballet since i was four. now i also dance jazz, streetfunk/hip-hop, tap and irish.
irish is really fun
Eletúrë
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2008 01:32
hey
Wow - lots of people have done Irish Dancing - thats soooo cool, I've always wanted to...
I did 10 years of dancing - ballet, jazz, tap, hip-hop, some musical theatre...
and i learnt to waltz with my best friend at school by reading internet guides and then practicing in the hallways...good times.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email