Register

<< First1516171819
Author Topic:
Inwe_Elensar
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: A Ranger's First Meeting
on: August 01, 2005 07:12
OOC: you should know by now I don't mind, Niere!!

Itama nodded, and sighed. "This is getting silly. We don't have time to argue like little children," she agreed. "Let's find Timara and her group."

(Sorry so short! Just got up! Need coffee!)
Unawen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2005 07:22
At a swift and silent pace Timara covered several hallways before returning to the great hall, when she arrived she found most of the group there already. "did anyone find anything?" she asked...

OOC sorry it's so short...
DON'T FORGET ABOUT RANGER NIGHT TOMORROW!!!
redwallreader
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2005 12:59
Barlad and Claira ((I hope it's okay if I move her just this once... I don't want to leave her standing alone in the hallway, )) had re-joined the group, after findign the right passage.
Barlad muttered a negative, and then spoke up.
"When did she get attacked? It must've been before being summoned before Lord Denethor. Mightn't this man have left the hall?" He was thinking, speaking half to himself, though loud enough for all to hear.
Niere
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2005 08:43
"Did anyone else find anything?" Timara asked the group.

"The only thing I found was Incala," Niere reported. "I didn't find any trace of an intruder or a band of theives." She yawned, covering her mouth with her hand. "And the day isn't getting any younger. I think we're all a bit tired, and I for one would not like to rely on the Steward's hospitality again tonight. Who knows? That man could come back."

"Niere had an idea for going to an inn she heard of to see if we could all get a room or two for a couple of nights. To plan a little before we head back to Ithilien," Itama put in.

"It's called the Silver Tree. If we start now, we might be able to get a room for all of us to stay in tonight." She waited for a moment to hear what Timara thought of hers and Itama's suggestion.

OOC: You're up, Captain!
Unawen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2005 10:01
Timara thought a moment then said "The Silver Tree is expensive and the owner might not treat us fairly, he doesn't like the idea of female rangers...or at least he didn't 3 years ago when talk of it first started. Anya said she had room for us at her house or we can stay in the houses of healing. We should make an appearance in the party again before retiering to bed and we still need to inform the Steward of who the new leaders are. Alright lets go back to the party then we'll find a place to sleep...you all look worn out" she ended with a tired smile then began walking to the main hall where the party was still taking place.

OOC hope this works for everyone.

[Edited on 8/5/2005 by Unawen]
redwallreader
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2005 01:08
Barlad followed inconspicuously behind the group. He'd quietly excuse himself sometime after they were done with buisness, and go to his quarters. He'd hav eto ask someone where they would meet the next day. (Provided they would at all; he wasn't quite sure when they were departing.)

((Sorry... Too short.))
Niere
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2005 07:07
OOC: I didn't get the internship I was applying for. So I'm feeling pretty down right now. Hope that won't be reflected in my post.

Niere felt like dropping down to sleep where they all stood. She was tired of the weight of the gown tripping her up and wished with all her might for a decent bed to sleep in. They had to inform the Steward of their new leadership, which meant perhaps more subtle ridicule from him. That she was not looking forward to. When Niere was tired, she did not always watch what she said, so she reminded herself to be careful of what she said.

The little group came upon Denathor speaking with several other men, and the rest of the rangers fell back a little to let Timara take the lead with Itama and Niere behind her. It would be Timara's job to make sure that Denathor knew what he was supposed to know, and no more than that. Niere thought there was litle need to bother him with their own personal issues. He might send one of his men with them to make sure no one fell prey to the stranger.

And that would be unacceptable to a small band of new rangers attempting to prove themselves.

OOC: Hope that's okay!
Inwe_Elensar
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2005 07:19
Itama shuffled in, and stood besdie her Captain and Niere. She looked about as tired as Niere did. Their search hadn't turned up much, though it had turned up Incala.

Itama was tired. Tired of this party, tired of this stupid dress that was always tangling her ankles and nearly tripping her. They waited for Denethor to finish speaking with the men and Itama stifled a sigh. She wasn't looking forward to thier having to inform the Steward of thier new leadership, and from the look on Niere's face, niether was she.

OOC: sorry to hear that, Niere! *hugs comfortingly*
Niere
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2005 06:21
OOC: Thanks, Itama. *hugs plushie Legolas and munches on chocolate*

When it appeared that Denathor was not going to acknowledge them on his own, Niere rolled her eyes and edged forward. Maybe if she, the mere third in command, was the tiniest bit rude, it would keep Timara from getting into trouble for interupting.

"Excuse me, milord?" When that failed to distract Lord Denathor, Niere tried again, "Lord Denathor, you wished to know of our plans and of who we might choose to command us." Her voice was loud enough to echo slightly, especially when it was edged in steel due to her impatience and fatigue.

A warning hiss from Timara sent her scurrying back again, but secretly she was pleased. It was not every day that a farmgirl-turned-sergeant was able to get the attention of the Steward of the City for important matters.

OOC: I think Timara's voice is needed here.
Unawen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2005 07:18
OOC sorry I haven't posted in a while...I've been a bit distracted with um other things...

Timara tried not to laugh as Niere made an attempt to get the Stewards attention, her efforts to remain quiet came out as a hissing sound which Niere obviously took for a warning of sorts and moved back behind her.
Timara stepped forward and bowed slightly before saying "Lord Denethor, we have reached a decision about who shall lead" He looked at her with a look that said 'I don't care you silly female' then waited for her to continue, she felt anger rise in her chest at the fact he would be so indifferent about such an issue only because she was a woman.
"I will be first in command, Itama Ulairi shall be second in command and Niere Tathariel shall be third in command" she said gesturing towards each girl in turn "we will return to Ithilien in three days time to begin training" she swallowed hard as she finished not because she was afraid of the steward but because she was afraid of what her temper might lead her to do if he provoked her. "mmm, I shall be sending my son, Faramir, with you to watch over you and help you train your...rangers"
A fire burned in Timara's eyes as Faramir rounded the corner, she was angry, very angry, Denethor knew what had happened three years ago...he knew it would not be a good idea to send Faramir. She wanted to knock him upside the head with the sharp end of her sword right then as he sat there with an amused, knowing look on his face. "Very well then" Timara said coldly "my rangers are weary from traveling, we will retire now, good night" with that she said she turned to leave without even acknowledging Faramir's presence. Itama and Niere looked at each other then curtsied quickly towards Denethor and his son before running to catch up with Timara as she exited the great hall.

OOC I do so love plot twists...mwahahahaaaa

[Edited on 8/17/2005 by Unawen]
Inwe_Elensar
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2005 05:28
OOC: sorry if this isn't the best... I've been having emotional... isses lately.

Itama quirked an eyebrow at Denethor's thinly veiled insults about their group of Rangers, and bit back a comment when he announced he'd be sending Faramir to help train them, making a great effort to keep her considerable temper in check, bristling inwardly with a seething rage. Not aying a word, she gave a halfhearted curtsey and turned on heel, following her leader out. "You don't look quite happy about this, Timara," she said once they were out of the Great Hall.
Miss_Hobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2005 01:46
(OOC: Wow, I haven't been on this site for so long, I wasn't even sure if this was still running! Could someone shove my character back in here for me, I'm not entirely sure I'm up with everything! Thanks guys! )
Niere
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2005 10:01
OOC: Yay! An opportunity for me to be a bit of a dweeb!

Niere felt her heart drop to her toes at the pronouncement of Faramir's "help" in Ithilien. She breathed in deeply through her nose, letting air out through her lips in an attempt to keep from marching over to the Steward's youngest son and telling him exactly what she thought of interfering in their plans.

She was so deep in her mental ranting that she failed to notice that Timara and the others had left her behind, and she dropped a quick curtsy befor scurrying away to join the others. To her dismay, her toe caught on the hem of her gown and she found herself falling forward far too fast. With instincts borne of a brother's training, she tucked her head and threw her arms out in a wheel shape, rolling over on the unforgiving marble floor and coming up in a crouch.

She gulped, trying to slow her racing heartbeat and her disordered thoughts when a hand touched her shoulder. "Are you all right, milady?" a male voice asked.

Niere stood up slowly, trying to preserve what was left of her dignity and turned to face Faramir. "Perfectly fine, milord," she managed. "If you will please excuse me, I must rejoin my company." She curtsyed again and managed to get away from him without tripping this time.

OOC: Sorry, I couldn't resist having her make a bit of an idiot of herself in front of their new "helper." So, is this dude going to outrank all of us? And how are we going to keep the ladies from drooling? :love:
Unawen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2005 01:05
Timara all but ran back to the meeting hall where the rest of the group was waiting, she stopped before entering and took a few deep breaths to calm herself and to wait for Itama and Niere to catch up.
"Why are you so upset Timara?" one of them asked
"it's a long story"
"can you tell us?"
"I'd rather not...I'm sorry but my past is not something I want to share with anyone...I don't want to re-live any portion of it"
Niere put her hand on Timara's shoulder as if to tell her it was alright.
After a waiting few more moments to regain her composure Timara pushed open the doors to the meeting hall and addresed the rangers.
"alright, we can either find an inn to stay at tonight or we can take Anya up on her offer...either way I think we will be pressed to find enough room for us all" She went through a mental list of everyone there, partly so she would know how much room they would need but also to make sure everyone was there. She looked over the group a few times then said "where is Dragos?"

OOC sorry it's short...it's all I have time for right now
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 28, 2005 06:00
((OOC - I'm back and I'm so glad to see you all. Now to go post!))

Faramir is going to train us?!?!?! Claira could not believe it. When she first saw him a few hours ago, she could not help but think of him as amazing! Now to train with him... WOW.

Claira blushed pink as she thought about it while following the group. She also became slightly embarresed when she thought of her fighting skills as compared with Captain Faramir's. He was probobly an awsome fighter. Seeing as his father was the steward, he probobly had been trained by the best fighters in the Kingdom.

"Where is Dragos?" Timara's voice, interupted her thoughts.

"I saw her a minute ago," Claira said looking around, "At least, I think I did."
Niere
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2005 05:40
"If Dragos was here, she'll likely show up again soon," Niere put in, relieved that no one was going to comment on her ungraceful fall in front of Captain Faramir. "If you'd rather not explain your past, Captain," she said to Timara, "that's fine. We won't push you." She held up a finger. "But, if it begins to affect your leadership, then I request permission to inform you of that fact." Her hand tightened briefly on Timara's shoulder before letting go. "We need you, Timara. Don't shut us out," she said softly.

She looked around for Dragos again and wondered where the girl could have gone. Well, at least that young man that had been staring at her in Ithilien was gone. Or appeared to be. Corran had disappeared before she'd even gotten to the City. Probably lost himself in his guard duties, she thought to herself. While they didn't need those who weren't dedicated enough to the rangers to stay, Niere wished that their numbers hadn't dwindled so much after the initial recruiting. Many had gone home, she supposed, to their families and to safer lives than the ones she and the other girls had chosen.

"Now if we could only find an inn..." she muttered. "Perhaps it's just as well that there aren't more of us."

OOC: Sorry. Went all philosophical on ya'll there.
Inwe_Elensar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2005 05:45
Itama murmured much the same as Niere had said to Timara. "You know you can count on us, Timara. We need you, Captain," she murmured. Turning to Niere, Itama sighed. "Well, we need to find somewhere to sleep soon, before Rangers start nodding off in the streets," she said.
Niere
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2005 06:57
OOC: Hey Timara, can you get us all to the inn and checked into a room in your next post? We need to get this RP jump-started.

Niere blinked at Itama's suggestion of falling asleep in the streets. Trying to surpress a yawn, she spoke up. "Sleeping in the streets is probably about as safe as sleeping in Ithilien with orc-hordes about." She swayed a bit on her feet and pinched herself to keep from going to sleep on her feet. Traveling and a fancy feast, not to mention the new stress of being one of the newest leaders had made her more tired than she would have thought possible.

"Could someone please find Dragos, wherever she's disappeared to and bring her along?" she asked the assembled company.
Unawen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2005 09:55
Timara sat in a chair and put a hand in front of her eyes and thought to herself I've one ranger being pursued by a rogue, Dragos is missing, they are all exhausted...as am I...damn I'm ready for this day to be over
"Captain I think we should find a place to stay" Niere said "we're all about to fall asleep on our feet...Captain?...Timara!" Timara stirred out of thought "oh yes, let us go to the White Tree Inn and see if the owner will be reasonable...but first I need to stop by Anya's house. Come on ladies, lets go...the sooner we start the sooner we sleep" everyone nodded in agreement.
As they left the meeting hall a figure approached the group from the shadows "pardon me ladies, but may I have a word with your Captain?" They all looked as Faramir stepped forward into the light, Timara cringed then said "Itama you and Niere take the others to the houses of healing, ask for Anya, she'll take you to her house and I'll meet you there"
"are you sure?" Itama asked
"yes, I won't be long"
As the group walked away Faramir turned and began walking down a separate passagway, Timara watched her fellow rangers a short while then followed him down the passage to a small garden, she stopped when she recognised where she was. They remained silent for a long while, "what do you want Faramir?" Timara demanded quietly.

OOC hows that then? whats gonna happen next?! lol
Niere
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2005 02:34
Niere looked at Faramir and Timara, wondering if she should insist on staying or just go for Faramir's throat. She had no idea what Timara's history with him was, but from her tone and body language, she doubted it was very happy.

Itama must have seen the indecision on her face, because she grabbed her arm and whispered, "Don't even think about it. You're supposed to set an example!"

Niere cringed. "All right. I wasn't going to do anything anyway." She took a firmer grip on her pack as she spoke.

"I'm sure I believe that," Itama said dryly as they began walking to the Houses.

"You should," Niere protested as she fell into step beside the lieutenant, "because I don't lie. I really wouldn't have jepordized us or our training. Besides, how could we all improve our fighting skill enough to send him falling on his privilaged rear if I tried to hurt him now?"
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 07, 2005 10:49
Claira was half asleep and all she heard was "let's go to the white tree inn." Trying to keep herself awake enough to keep going she slapped herself hard across the face. Out of the corner of her eye, she thought she saw Timara and Faramir talking together, but she wasn't sure. She just knew that she was tired.

((OOC - sorry it's short.))
Niere
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 13, 2005 03:54
OOC: Okay, I am going to move this along now. A week with no posts is not good.

Niere and Itama led the group through the twisting pathways of the White City, trying to remember all the right turnings for the Houses of Healing. They had all detoured to the cloak room to take up their packs and anything else they'd left behind. To be sure they made an interesting sight: a small group of independent-looking, beautifully-garbed women walking along without looking any place but ahead of them.

Niere breathed a sigh of relief as she thought she recognized the passage that led to the Houses. "Excuse me, but could you please tell me where I might find Anya?" she asked the nearest stranger. He pointed her to an elderly woman working at a bench near the window. She looked at them with surprised wise eyes as they approached.

"How may I assist you?" she asked, putting down her mortar and pestle.

"I am Niere Tathariel, and this is my lieutenant, we serve as rangers under your friend Timara. She asked us to find you so that you could help us find a place to stay tonight."

"We have our friends to look after and it has been an eventful day," Itama said firmly. "It would be well if we could all rest in safety tonight. And we must go back for Timara," she added.

"If Lord Faramir has done anything to hurt her, I'll chase him out onto his own precious streets," Niere muttered rebeliously under her breath.

OOC: Everyone please come back!

[Edited on 9/17/2005 by Niere]
Inwe_Elensar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 13, 2005 04:00
"Oh, come now, Niere. I don't think that he would hurt her," Itama whispered to Niere, giving her friend a soothing pat on the back. It had indeed been a very long day, and she was very tired, and knew the others must be as well.It would be good to rest somewhere nice for the night, before they had to attend to business.

OOC: sorry it's so short... major sinus headache + suguar low = me feeling sick.
Unawen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2005 06:35
OOC Niere Anya is an elderly lady...just so theres no confusion later on...she old! lol

Faramir walked further into the small garden making it so Timara had to follow. Tears formed in her eyes as she remembered everything that had happened here, she fought them, willing them to dry up and not hinder her, swiping at her eyes not wanting him to see her cry...again.
"Faramir why!" she hissed
"because I have seen you many times these past three years, though you never saw me, and every time I saw you, you had become a colder person...you seemed not to feel any emotion at all" Timara's eyes widened for a moment remembering all the times she thought she saw him but dismissed it as her mind playing tricks.
"of all the places you could have brought me, you bring me here! Do you even realize..."
"Yes! I do realize" he shouted cutting her sentence short "I realize that you are not the same person you were...something has happened to you and I want to know what, I want to find the Timara that I met so long ago" he walked over to her and carressed her cheek lightly "I know you don't care for me anymore but I still care for you, I don't want to see you hurt...you know you can't hide it from me, you never could"
Timara looked him in the eye until she couldn't bear his gaze any longer, she turned and ran swiftly from the small garden allowing the tears to run freely down her cheeks, she ran out of the citidel to the houses of healing, she always found peace there, when she reach the houses she didn't stop at the door but sprang lightly onto a ledge and climbed swiftly to the rooftops running still even at such great heights she reached the edge looking out over Gonder and she stopped. She stood for a moment that seemed like years, then turned to leave, as she turned her foot caught on a loose shingle and she tumbled down the other side of the roof, hitting her already bruised face as she fell, the shingles cutting her face, she fell over the side barely catching herself on the edge. She hung there a moment trying to get her bearings and figure out how to get down, then she saw the "handholds" she had used before. moving over to them she climbed down most of the distance then jumped lightly to the ground.

When she arrived at Anya's house she was even more tired than before and emotionally drained. She opened the door without knocking, hoping her rangers were asleep, she came face to face with Niere.
"Timara what happened to you!" she whispered "did Faramir do this?"
"no...I did...I fell off the roof os the houses of healing" Niere looked at her disbelief "you....what?"
"I fell off the roff of the houses of healing" she repeated, by this time Itama had joined them and was looking at Timara with wide eyes.
"I'm fine...it doesn't hurt at all" she smiled slightly at her fellow leaders.
"right...lets get you cleaned up" Itama suggested, Timara nodded and allowed her friends to lead her from the doorway.

OOC hope you don't mind that I used ya'll a bit.
Niere
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2005 05:59
OOC: This is going to be a long one...

Niere got the shock of her life when Anya's front door opened and Timara nearly fell on top of her. The new captain's face was cut and bruised, her hands not much better. Anger poured through her and she fought to keep her voice calm. "Timara! What's happened to you?" She caught the other girl's hands and turned them over gently, looking at the blood drying on them. "Did Faramir do this?" she whispered.

"No... I did. I fell off the roof of the Houses of Healing."

Niere looked at her disbelief. "You....what?" Her mind simply would not wrap around the words coming out of Timara's mouth.

She barely heard Itama come up behind her and pull Timara away from the door. She stayed long enough to see that Timara sat down and warm water was brought. Handing off the cloth she'd been using to Itama, Niere brushed a piece of leaf out of Timara's hair. "I shall be back soon." She stood up, still wearing her deep red feast dress, and fastened her Rohan sword around her hips.

"Where are you going, sergeant?" Timara asked, quiet authority in her voice. "Do nothing rash. That is an order."

"I won't." She swung her cloak around her shoulders and slipped out the door. Someone, she thought, was going to answer for indirectly putting marks on her friend. Niere didn't care if it took all night: she would find Faramir and get an answer out of him.

The stars had grown bright and many while they had been organizing themselves and worrying about Timara. The shops were shut and the streets were nearly deserted. Niere walked quickly along the streets, cursing herself for once again not changing out of her gown. The breeze tugged at her hair and at her cloak hem as she steadily climbed higher to reach the palace level. The gates were barred against her, but Niere was too determined to let that stop her. She bypassed the gates and found a rough place in the wall. Tucking her skirt into her belt, she took a deep breath and began climbing.

I must be mad. I'm going to be punished for this, she thought as she climbed higher. When she got to the top, she swung a leg over and contemplated the few lighted windows belonging to the keepers of the throne of Gondor. Well, she'd come this far, it would be cowardly to back out now.

She climbed down a bit and then dropped to the ground, the shock jarring her body and making her half-fall on her side. Standing and drawing her hood up, she stayed in the shadows of the wall, wondering if anyone would be about or if fate would simply take a hand.

Fate had her own ideas.

A hand reached out of the darkness and grasped Niere's arm. Reacting instinctively, she twisted and broke free, bringing her other hand up in a defensive position.

"Of all the things I expected to find tonight, an incompetent female assassin was not one of them." The voice was masculine and commanding, as if he was used to being obeyed. He made a tall shadow against the lesser darkness of night.

Niere bristled. "I am neither incompetent nor an assassin," she snapped. "I came to speak with Captain Faramir." She jutted her chin out in challenge.

"Then you have found the wrong son, little one," the voice answered as its owner moved into the light. Niere recognized Boromir, the eldest son and heir to Denathor.

OOC: Dun dun DUN! I'll continue with this later... as soon as I talk some strategy with the Captain. PS. I fixed my last post, Unawen. Sorry about the confusion!

Inwe_Elensar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2005 06:30
Itama was just as startled as Timara nearly landed on her friend. She watched Niere stalk off and looked askance to her Captain. "Do you want me to go find her, Captain?" she asked Timara. "She looked plenty angry."
Niere
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2005 02:13
Fully aware of how futile it was to continue arguing, but still wishing to hold her ground somehow, Niere lifted her chin. "I am not little either, my lord Boromir."

"How strange," he said. He walked closer to her and held his hand just above her head to judge her height next to his own. "I had always thought ladies to be smaller than men. Perhaps I should address you as Lady Smaller-Than-I." He crossed his arms and lifted an eyebrow.

He must have decided she wasn't dangerous if he was taunting her, Niere thought. Nevertheless, courtesy should be observed before he changed his mind and dragged her before Denathor. "I am Sergeant Tathariel, of a small company of rangers in Ithilien. My captain had an altercation with Lord Faramir and I wish to speak with him about it." Her words were brisk and polite, as she knew Itama would come searching for her sooner or later.

"If you are a sergeant then you should have applied to the guard at the gate for entrance and a proper audience." Boromir looked suspiciously at her, his eyes questioning the truth of her words.

She tossed her head to get hair out of her eyes. "If I had applied to the guard, I almost certainly would have been turned away. I wish for an explanation, as I believe we are to set out for Henneth Annun tomorrow." Taking a deep breath, she gave him the look her mother had used that her father had usually wilted under. "Captain Wilwarin is my friend as well as my commanding officer. I want to know what Lord Faramir said that upset her."

Boromir held out his arm. "I believe he is still awake, if you are determined, Lady Tathariel. You'll not get far if I am not with you, so I shall escort you."

Niere eyed him for a moment then took his arm for purely conventional reasons. "I shan't take much of your brother's time, my lord. Thank you." They began moving in the direction of the lighted windows and Niere could vaguely see the outlines of statues and other passageways inside. It had been a long time since a man had escorted her anywhere, independence being the order of the day at home.

Boromir led her inside and down a hall, eventually stopping in the room Niere recognized as the one that had been reception area earlier that day. A man sat alone in it, staring off into the air with only his thoughts for company.

"I've brought you a visitor, little brother," Boromir said, and Faramir rose to his feet. "This is Lady Tathariel, an officer in one of the ranger companies."

"We've met, my lord." Niere let go of Boromir's arm and sketched a brief curtsy. "Captain Wilwarin is hurt and upset, and I wish to know why."

"That is not your business, milady," Faramir said stiffly.

"Very well," Niere said and shrugged out of her cloak. In a few long strides she was in front of Faramir, the better to snarl in his face. "Her face and hands are a mess of blood and cuts. You said something to her, and it upset her enough that she climbed onto the City's roofs. She fell and I would say is lucky to have gotten off so easily. That would make you indirectly responsible, Lord Faramir." She moved back. "Keep that on your conscience."

With that, she picked up her fallen cloak and stalked outside.

[Edited on 9/20/2005 by Niere]
Inwe_Elensar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2005 05:33
Seeing that Timara had disappeared from her sight (probably to be fussed over by some healer or another), Itama decided to try and find Niere before she did anything stupid.

Slipping out the door, she walked silently through the dark and deserted streets, finally coming to the gap in the wall where Niere had slipped through eariler and scrabbled up, skinning her knee in the process. Why, oh why, had she not changed before going off to find her friend? Itama cursed under her breath as her hard landing jarred her ankles painfully.

"Now, to find Niere," Itama muttered under her breath.

Niere
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2005 05:49
Niere took a few deep breaths of the cool night air to ease the tightness in her chest. Now that her head was clearing, she could see that what she had done actually had been a violation of her captain's order. It had been rash and idiotic of her to go rushing off to sneak into the highest level after dark. And what she had done could certainly earn her a reprimand, if not a public whipping.

I'll have to throw myself on their mercy, she thought. Swallowing hard at the thought of that punishment, she pulled her cloak around her shoulders again. The slight noise of cloth against stone behind her made her start and draw her sword. It was Boromir.

He held up his hands. "Peace, Lady Tathariel."

She sheathed the sword. "My first name is Niere, it will save time if you call me that." Staring down at the ground, she felt more like a small child than ever. "I apologize for disturbing you, and for sneaking about. My captain will have my hide when she finds what I've done."

"Well, I..." Boromir stopped, peering back to the spot where he'd found Niere climbing over the wall. Some of the shadows were darker than they should have been, and even Niere could see that someone was watching. In a few steps, Boromir was pulling a struggling figure out of the shadow of the wall.

"Let go! I came to find someone!" the girl yelled, trying to loosen Boromir's hold on her.

OOC: Is that an okay entrance for you, Itama? I figured I should leave the get-out-of-his-grip-and-maybe-kick-his-butt stuff to you.
Inwe_Elensar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2005 05:58
"Let me go!" Itama growled out as she struggled to get out of Boromir's strong grip, kicking him in the kneecap, twisting his arm, then ducking out of his now loosened hold and sidestepping away from him.

It was only after she'd freed herself from Boromir's grip that Itama looked at Niere. "I hope you didn't go off and say anything stupid to Faramir, or threaten him or anything - Timara's going to hang us for this as it is," she said to her friend with a grimace.

OOC: works quite well, thanks!
Unawen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2005 07:04
OOC sorry to backtrack a bit but I gotta...

A look of concern flashed momentarily across Faramir's face when Niere mentioned Timara being hurt then it dissappeared and was replaced by a look much like one of his fathers. He watched as she walked away "keep that on your conscience" her voice echoed through his mind long after she had left.
"I will check on Timara tomorrow" he said aloud to the empty space of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Timara was vaguely aware of her wounds being cleaned and dressed, salve was put on her face and her hands were wound in gauze. "Do you want me to go find her, Captain?" Itama asked "She looked plenty angry."
Timara looked at her and mumbled "she'll be fine...though if she's not back soon..." there she trailed off and fell into a deep sleep.

OOC I'll continue that later...I gotta get off now...
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 20, 2005 11:15
((OOC - I am sooo sorry!!!! Dude, If Cptn Timara is skinning anyone's hide, it's mine for being AWOL. Anywho, I'm sorry. With school and just crazy new stuff to do, I've been so busy and didn't realise we were going again. I'm back. I didn't leave. I'm sorry. Don't shoot me guys!))

Claira finally had a chance to be alone and change out of her now torn green dress and into her more comfortable clothes. She put on the only clean outfit she had with her. Tan leggings, her worn muddy boots, a light brown tunic and a belt with her sheath and sword. Her arrows hanging on her back, felt good as her back had begun to feel empty with out them. Her hair pulled back and everything was back to normal, or so she thought.

Though she was tired, she couldn't fall asleep, so she turned to find the captain and let Timara know she was going for a walk.

"Timara," she called as she turned the corner but she stopped suddenly as she saw the Captain having scratches and bruises being dressed, but seeing as Timara was half asleep, Claira didn't want to wake her. I'll just go quietly and be back soon. I don't want to wake her. She looks like she'd shoot me if I did, Claira thought as she slipped out the door.

Claira shivered. She had forgotten her cloak. Oh well, It felt good anyway. She walked around quietly when she heard voices. One was a girl who seemed to be struggling. She recognised the voices. She couldn't hear well enough or see them enough to know what was going on. But, not trusting the situation, she grabbed her sword (without pulling it from it's sheath) as she had also left her bow with her cloak. She wasn't the best sword fighter, but she would sure try if someone was in trouble. She quietly slipped into the shadows and trying to be unnoticed get close enough to figure out what's going on and who it was. It would be only that way that she'd figure out what she would do.

((OOC - She's hearing Boromir, Itama, and Niere so if you want to do something to see her or something go on. I don't care. Again, I'm sorry I disappeared))
Niere
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2005 03:54
"I hope you didn't go off and say anything stupid to Faramir, or threaten him or anything. Timara's going to hang us for this as it is," Itama said to Niere with a grimace.

Niere took a deep breath (she had been doing a lot of this lately) and stepped closer to Itama. "Well, I suppose that would depend on your definition of 'stupid'."

Itama's answer was to groan and bury her head in her hands.

Niere looked toward Boromir, who was looking at them both as if they both amused and annoyed him. "Lord Boromir, may I present my lieutenant, Itama Ulairi." When Itama had stopped muttering about irresponsible new officers, Niere spoke again. "I did not threaten him. I simply wanted to know what happened. I said nothing to Lord Faramir that he could not have thought of easily enough on his own." She crossed her arms, hugging herself against the chilly air.

"But creeping about like a thief is not proper for an officer, especially of the rangers," Boromir told her.

She smiled wryly at him. "I take your point. Though I do not always think clearly when I'm angry. I beg your pardon." And she curtsied to hide the fact that her face was bright red, even in the dim moonlight.
Unawen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2005 08:00
Timara awoke late the next the morning with a pounding headache and very sore muscles. "How are you feeling dear" came a familier voice, "I feel as though I've been trampled by a herd of horses". Anya's laughter filled the room like sweet music from a harp, "you must be feeling better...you have your sense of humor back, last night you were rather grumpy". Timara looked at her dear friend apologeticly.
"now don't you worry your little head about it, from what I'm told, you took quite a tumble last night"

"they told you I was on the roof?"

Anya only nodded,

"Anya I..." Timara started

"if you're hungry, there is some food on the stove for you and Faramir would like to speak with you when you feel up to it" Anya looked at Timara with a motherly look, gentle and loving, before she turned to leave.

"thank you" Timara said, suddenly tired again, she sat on the bed a little while longer before getting up and changing out of her nightgown I suppose I should find my rangers, I do hope they didn't get themselves into trouble last night...I really should see what Faramir wants as well...I'll find the girls first...then I'll decide whether or not to talk to him "but first...I need food" Timara stated out loud as she walked out of her room in search of the food Anya had spoken of.

OOC sorry if it's a little hard to follow...I'm not feeling well at all...
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 25, 2005 01:06
Claira finally was close enough to figure out that it was Niere and Itama talking with Boromir and it seemed that all was well, so she turned to finish her walk and late in the night returned to her room and fell on the bed. She was quickly sound asleep.

Claira awoke the next morning with a massive headache. She rolled up and sat rubbing her head. "What did I do to ask for such a headache," she mumbeled to herself. She slowly stood and straitened herself up. After putting on her cloak and seeing that she had her sword and her bow and her quiver in place, she walked outside wondering what she was going to do for her meal.

Claira walked through Minis Tirith, quietly watching the city wake up and get ready for the day. She bought a small loaf of fresh baked bread and a block of cheese and spent her walk munching on them. Thinking over the past and her time with the rangers she realised that she didn't have much for clean clothes or usuable supplies. She had left a bunch of them at home when she was visiting her family. "That's gonna help," she blurted out.

Claira walked through the town and over to the hungry Timara who was sitting and munching on the last of her breakfast.

"Good morning Timara, how are you feeling?" she asked the captain and before the captain had a chance to answer, Claira began to speak again, "Captain, I have a question. When we leave for Henneth, can I make a stop at my home? It's along the way and I need to grab some things that I left there. I'd stay no more than a night. What do you say?"
<< First1516171819
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email