Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
MarchwardenOfIthilien
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Sean Bean!!
on: December 18, 2004 04:45
I know! It's like it's set in stone that Sean Bean has to be a villain. I'll have to look for those other 2 movies if I can find them.

Yeah, he's scared of flying. Like he climbed a mountain in costume for FotR to get to the set. That would have been weird, to see someone walking up a mountain dressed as Boromir. But cool none the less.
legolasfan27
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2004 07:40
I rather like Sean Bean, it's just this unfortunate habit he has of always being on the "other side", you know? I think, outside of LoTR, my favourite movie moment featuring him is that scene in "Equilibrium" when he reads W.B. Yeats' "He Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven" which is some of the best poetry in the world, IMHO, and I just swoon to listen to his voice saying "Tread softly, for you tread upon my dreams"....very drool-worthy moment.
Josephine_jfh
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2004 06:03
Well, I juse saw NT today. At least Bean didn't have to die this time, he's just under arrest at the end. YA~~~
Maybe he can speak this line in jail, "...suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing..."

I don't want to offend Bean and all of you. But I really think he need Kyan(QE)'s help to take care of his skin, especially the face shape--the muscle looks looser than before...

Like he climbed a mountain in costume for FotR to get to the set.

And drove to South Island location with Orlando Bloom for hours during terrible rainfall, trapped in landslide, finally were rescued by helicopter, just in order to avoid the flight!?: :dizzy:
(Check this: http://www.orlandomultimedia.net/diary/fellowship_diary800.html)
My, my, my. I've never seen a man freak out like this...and poor Orli, he's the victim of Bean's aerophobia.
MarchwardenOfIthilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2004 12:30
That's crazy. I mean, all that trouble to not fly?? My my my.

I, too, saw National Treasure yesterday. Hooray!! I was cheering Ian On the whole time. Ian...cool name. Haha. Yeah, at least he just goes to prison. No death that we know of. Good show! Yeah, he does look like he's getting older, which he is. But at least he doesn't look bad, for like a 46 year old (or something along those lines).

Yes, the Declaration of Independance is "So small a thing...so little a thing..." Now that's just weird. The most important document of the Free World being called a 'small and little' thing. Makes you laugh.
Josephine_jfh
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2004 10:02
Have you ever seen The House of Flying Dagger? Andy Lau is just 2 years younger than Bean, and he still keeps in good shape like 30 something old!

I think Ian Hawe is just like Boromir who had already been controled by the Ring and lost himself. Do you think so?

According to the report of the website The Compleat Sean Bean, in the new film co-staring with Jodi Foster, Bean acts a pilot!!!

[Edited on 21/12/2004 by Josephine_jfh]
MarchwardenOfIthilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2004 01:36
Yes and no. I mean, he hasn't lost his mind, but yes, he is evil and yes, he is controlled by the desire to get the Declaration. I just read this really good book, the Lord of the Rings and Philosophy, and it was really enlightening.

A PILOT?? :twitch: Now that is something to see.

So does anyone know the names? Or are we all just in the dark? Either way, I can't wait. More Sean Bean.
Josephine_jfh
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2004 10:28
I mean, a man hates flying to act a PILOT!? It must need huge courage, of course, and excellent acting skill. Applause!
But I still wonder: when Bean got this job, did he think, "Oh, no. Flying an airplane???"

The information about the movie:
http://www.compleatseanbean.com/flightplan.html

[Edited on 22/12/2004 by Josephine_jfh]
MarchwardenOfIthilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2004 04:35
Thanks! I applaud the acting skill. My mom said 2 minutes ago that Sean Bean looked really cute in Nat'l Treasure. I think it's like a genitic disease, we both like Sean Bean.

I'll go check out the movie stuff soon! Thanks for it!
Josephine_jfh
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2004 06:31
My mom said 2 minutes ago that Sean Bean looked really cute in Nat'l Treasure. I think it's like a genitic disease, we both like Sean Bean.

Why not? For your mother, maybe 30 or 40 something, Bean is just fine!

It's too late to say Merry christmas, but it's the time to say Happy New Year to all the Bean's fans here! (Chinese)Shin Nian Kuai Le!!
Manephelien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2004 09:45
Gosh. I was a Viggonut (still am), but now I've been completely bowled over by the lovely Sean. He's done lots of villainous roles, but when I have 3½ hours to spare, I'm going to watch the director's cut of Lady Chatterley's lover. That may be a bit hard to get in some areas, because of nudity (it's rated 18 according to the British rating system).

His next movie will be The Dark, with Maria Bello (lucky woman, first Johnny Depp in Secret Window, then Viggo in A History of Violence -currently in post-production- and then Sean). Flightplan and The Island are currently filming.

In some interview or other Sean expressed an interest to do a sequel to National Treasure. He seems to be in Jerry Bruckheimer's good books, so I do hope that he'll get to do Odyssey as well. He'd be perfect as Odysseus.

I just got my hands on a set of Sharpe DVDs, and now when I watch FotR I always laugh when Boromir touches the shards of Narsil and cuts his finger, saying "still sharp." I'm pretty sure that was an intentional pun on the part of the scriptwriters.

[Edited on 26/12/2004 by Manephelien]
Precious!
MarchwardenOfIthilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2004 03:28
Yeah...can't wait! Huzzah! Yeah, the "Still Sharp(e)" Thing gets me every time. Classic. I'm eagerly awaiting the release, and yes, then my mom and I can go to the theaters and stand up and shout "We love you Sean Bean!" only to have two people in front of us say, "I've never even heard of him" (aka the National Treasure Incident).
AinarielPalantir
Maiden of Nienna and Éomer`s Loyal Puppy
Send Message
on: January 01, 2005 11:33
Yay, just saw the National Treasure. Sean is gorgeous as a blond! And the smile... :drool: :drool:

But I was a bit disappointed that he was the bad guy Well, at least he wasn't that in the Troy.
MarchwardenOfIthilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2005 04:34
Yeah, I know. It's refreshing to see him as a good guy once in a while. In Troy, I mean. It's coming out this month, so I'll rent it or something. Sean did look good as a blonde, although he does look good with his natural hair.
AinarielPalantir
Send Message
on: January 03, 2005 10:15
I thought he was good in Troy. And he didn't die or anytyhing

But I don't get one thing. Why was Brad Pitt the only one that had a decent hair in Troy and almost all the other guys had that weird curly "thingy" on their heads (like Orlando and Sean) I absolutely didn't like Sean's hair in Troy. But heyl, I guess you can't have all, can ya
MarchwardenOfIthilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2005 02:58
Yeah, as I've been told, you can't win them all. Anyway, it comes out on the 4th so I asked my mom if she'd rent it for me and we can watch it. Plus, I love the whole story on Troy and all that, so I can't wait to see it!
Manephelien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2005 12:46
I'm really, really hoping Jerry Bruckheimer'll do The Odyssey with Sean Bean as Odysseus. He was perfect in Troy. :love:

Also, Sean hasn't ruled out the possibility of doing National Treasure 2.
Precious!
Josephine_jfh
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2005 04:54
Also, Sean hasn't ruled out the possibility of doing National Treasure 2.

Why not? Just let Ian Howe escape from jail and take revenge on Ben (Nicolas Cage), and then we have the story to continue.

But...Bean still has to be the badie, sigh.

I prefer to see him act Bard in The Hobbits.
Lossendiliel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 04, 2005 07:50
Haha, that could be fun, he'd be great as him!!
MarchwardenOfIthilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2005 08:53
Yeah, or he could go Bad guy turned good...like Ian and Ben have to team up to stop some other dude, but in the end, they go their separate ways or something. I still think The Odessey would be a great movie, and National Treasue 2 would be really great! I was staring at the Troy DVD in the line at Borders, pointing out Sean Bean's name to my mom (I did not get it, however )
AinarielPalantir
Send Message
on: January 04, 2005 11:16
Aww, hope you'll get it soon :heart:

And National Treasure 2... A great idea. I loved the whole movie and a sequel would be great.

And that idea of Ian turing into a good guy, I love that kind of things. And besides, Ian didn't seem a REALLY bad guy in the movie so it could be possible... hmm... Who could volunteer and write the producers the idea?

(And completely OOT, I was thinking how to shorten you name, MarchwardenOfIthilien, and of course thought the first letters, MOI. That is a one word for "Hi" in my language, in finnish. MOI )
MarchwardenOfIthilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2005 03:57
Yeah. I mean, he was the bad guy, but he really didn't seem that bad. I mean, maybe Ben can bust him out of jail and then they can go stop some crazy guy from stealing...(insert very valuable item here). I know...my friend probably has Troy already and if she does, and if she comes over Friday, I am SO telling her to bring it!

About that OOT thing...sure, you can call me that! I already have people calling me March, but you can call me MOI if you like.
Josephine_jfh
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2005 07:10
Ian Howe has a line which touchs my heart:
"Do you think your lives are more important than Shaw's?"

Yeah, he's not really that bad. No villian cherish his partner's life!!
ruinithil65
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2005 04:27
I love every movie I've ever seen Sean in...and my friends can tell you I love him to death...and obsess over him...and spend hours on the internet looking for new pictures of him...and for all who think he is getting old: I actually couldn't believe him and Vig were the same age when I first found out, I think Vig looks quite a bit older...and he just looks weird in Troy (but still unbelievable hot...*sigh*):love:Ok...ending before Doodle makes fun of me....
MarchwardenOfIthilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2005 03:09
Yeah, for someone that old, he looks pretty good. Does anyone know the date(s) that Sean Bean's new movies are coming out? I'm a bit upset about how hard it is to get British movies in the US, it's a bit hard. Anyway, I am still waiting to rent Troy, like in a few weeks when I can actually watch it for more than 2 days, so...until then...happy Sean Bean watching!
MarchwardenOfIthilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2005 09:48
Well, today was a very interesting day. I had to take an entrance exam for Highschool, and I was gone 8:00 until 12:30. When I got home with my mom, there were a few DVDs on the table and I GOT TROY!! I ran around screaming for a few seconds, saying how happy I am to get to see Sean Bean, blah blah blah. Anyway, now I don't have to rent it, I can actually...own...it! I'm so happy! Anyway, happy Saturday!
Manephelien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2005 11:46
Congrats!

I just finished watching Henry VIII. It's quite gruesome in places, but Sean is fabulous as Robert Aske. A stunning performance from a talented and incredibly sexy man.
Precious!
MarchwardenOfIthilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2005 04:09
Was this a movie or a TV series or something like that? Can you buy it in the USA? I've seen quite a few Henry VIII things in the Borders, but I don't think any of them have Sean Bean, but I never looked that closely.
Lossendiliel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 09, 2005 12:55
He's in it?? Man, I so need to watch it!!

Yeah, there's several things about Henry VIII, so which one is it??
Josephine_jfh
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2005 12:56
No matter DVD or VHS, I just can't buy them in Taiwan.:cry:
Our Public TV often airs BBC's TV programs. Now I only hope they can air Lady Chatterly sometime--even cut some "sexy" scenes...
To tell the truth, there's still a good thing living in Taiwan: our cable TV channel fee is very cheap, and we have many movie channels. So I can see Bean on screen easily. Like I'm preparing to see Ronin and Don't Say A Word tonight, and Patriot Games tomorrow, and again and again and again...

Hey! My random block is Boromir in the Council now.
And congratulations! We have page 3. YA~~~
MarchwardenOfIthilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2005 05:54
AHHHH!! I finally saw Troy last night. Ahhh! Sean Bean was soooooo good looking, with the beard thing, plus Oddysseus was alyways one of my favorite characters for his brain power. Anyway, I'm off to look up some pictures. Haha. Happy viewing!

Hooray page 3!
Manephelien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2005 09:00
It's a TV movie, 250 minutes, made for ITV.

Here's the IMDB page for it:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0382737/
Precious!
MarchwardenOfIthilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2005 11:51
I must say there are a sad amount of Odyssues pictures floating around out there on the web. I think I've seen the same 3 every time I type it in the search. Does anyone know how to screen cap. movies so I could get some up? Or does anyone know any websites that have them?

I'll go check on the Henry VIII thing. Also, I'm talking my mom into buying the Sharpe Series. She read the book and thought it was boring. I said, wait until you see the series! You'll like it. She just laughed.

Josephine_jfh
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2005 05:31
Has anybody found this: Odysseus often touches his beard while thinking some tricks?
MarchwardenOfIthilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2005 11:09
Exactly! My friend and I watch Troy and she noticed that every time he's thinking or coming up with a plan he touches his beard. He does that as Boromir, too, I think one time.
dragon_maiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2005 02:07
It might help you guys wanting Henry VIII that Ray Winstone plays Henry VIII - hope it comes in handy!
That series was soo good! Mmm...Sean Bean :love: ! He is very yummy! Hehe! I've got a feeling that the Sean Bean obsession could be genetic in my family cause my mam thinks he's great and absolutely gorgeous too!
I'm desperate to watch Sharpe, i have to have it! :drool:
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email