Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Laurie_Rokkoriel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Hi, this is my first RPG, its a free thread, I just want to see what happens.
on: December 12, 2004 09:15
Sellaurëa walked slowly to the healing room back at Imladris. She was absolutely exhausted. Then again, she thought, smiling, I guess everyone will be whipped out after today! After the fight, she had rumaged around in the rubble and picked up several of the unfamiliar blades. She had them in her cloak now, and was taking them to Lord Elrond. Sellaurëa strode wearily into a healing room. Lord Elrond was there, attending to Pengillen and Nenndil. Aleas, the Dwarves, and the rest of the warriors were also crammed into the room.

"Pretty uneventful day so far...I wish some excitement would come along!" She said kiddingly, earning herself glares from everyone. She laughed a little and addressed Lord Elrond.

"My lord, I found these on the battlefield. I thought you may like to have one for study." She produced one of the Orcish weapons from the inside pocket of her cloak. "Also," she continued, now addressing everyone. "I have enjoyed my brief stay in Imladris quite immensly, and wish I could remain, but I must return to my homeland of Mirkwood...I must take the other weapon to King Thranduil for him to examine, and also I need to return to my post as a Greenwood centurion." She gazed around at all of them, and her eyes lingered on the Dwarves.

"Say 'Mae Govannen from Mirkwood' to Lord Gimli when you see him; tell him it's from Legolas. He will know what it means!"

They nodded. Sellaurëa said,

"I will remain in Imladris for one more night, then in the morning I must ride."
LegolasGreenleafGilEstel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Hi, this is my first RPG, its a free thread, I just want to see what happens.
on: December 15, 2004 03:05
Pengillen stirred slightly, and let out a moan as he felt pain wash over him, returning to consciousness.

"Easy pen-neth" a voice could be heard.

Ignoring it, he sat up, realising he was lying on a bed. Lord Elrond was wrapping a bandage round his head, looking down Pengillen could see that his side had also been bandaged up.

"what happened?" he asked groggily.

"You were injured in battle, Nenndil carried you here, the fight is over, the orcs had been driven off, and we lost no elves, although there are many injured."

Pengillen nodded in relief, then turned to the door as someone knocked and entered...
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 16, 2004 12:05
Nenndil looked up when he heard Pengillen's voice, but only briefly before dropping his head back down, trying to sleep a little. He managed to fall into a doze, only for it to be broken by a knock on the door.

Cillith came in, his face pale and worried. "Pengillen, Nenndil, you are both IDIOTS!"

Nenndil groaned, fully expecting a lecture. "Oh no..."

((Sorry Megan for pinching Cillith...))
LadyYavanna
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2004 11:50
Cillith came in, his face pale and worried. "Pengillen, Nenndil, you are both IDIOTS!"

Aleas rose. She couldn't believe that he was yelling on the Houses of Healing.

"Calm yourself. There are others here who need their peace and quite. Besides what reason have you to come and yell at these two brave souls, who risked their lives to defend their homes? Why not yell at all the wounded for they were also upon the battlefield much like Nenndil and Pengillen."
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 17, 2004 06:16
((Megan's gone off for four days, leaving me at the reigns of our favourite brothers... **Snicker** Well, technically she hasn't, but she did say before that if she stops posting I could pinch 'em for a bit...))

"Don't worry, Aleas." Nenndil said, sitting up again. "He doesn't mean it." He turned to face Cillith. "Well, he normally doesn't, anyway."

Nenndil stood up. "I'm going to my room." He told Elrond. "This bed can be used for someone who needs it." Stalking past Cillith, he walked straight of the room.
Laurie_Rokkoriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 17, 2004 08:49
Sellaurëa gave Cillith an appraising look..she knew he was probably just worried sick and had let emotions run wild, but still. She turned her head and nodded to everyone.

"I take my leave," she said, and followed Nenndil out of the door. She easily caught up with him about halfway down the hall.

"Don't much feel like visiting, how about you?" she asked with a grin, throwing a glance back at the healing rooms.
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 18, 2004 01:26
Nenndil started. "Hmmm?" He asked, before the words she had said managed to make sense in his mind. "Oh, yeah, I guess." He sighed. "What do you think's going to happen now?" Nenndil asked, suddenly, after a brief pause.
Laurie_Rokkoriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2004 10:45
Sellaurëa gazed steadily at Nenndil before answering. Her eyes were bright and peircing as she talked; her features seemed to deepen, and the humor was wiped from her brow to be replaced by wisdom of many years, many more than seemed to be fitting for her age.

"Nenndil...I can't answer that absolutely...I can only give you my speculations. I have been thinking - Thranduil and Legolas along with me - that something may well be stirring in the evil place of Dol Guldor. Long ago indeed was it that Sauron possessed the land, but his foul stench is still smelled, felt, and sensed around the area. I perceive that something, or someone, is once again returning to the fortress...fear has been growing among the forest, and our armies are preparing for the unconcievable."

Sellaurëa straightened and looked to Nenndil once more.

"It is rumored in my home that another has come to Middle Earth, one more powerful than Sauron could ever be. One of the Istyari, but not one of them...part Rider, but not so...not an Elf, or a Man, or a Dwarf, but no beast; cunning, strong, and pure evil. What this person is, we do not know. He comes from afar, to plague these beautiful lands with his filth!"

Her face grew hard and cold, still retaining wisdom, but now chilled as the Misty Mountains.

"Alas!" she cried. "Alas, that we should be burdened with yet another tyrant! May the fire of the Valar burn him!" she cursed. "Uruks attacking Imladris, strange of nature, and evil stirring in Greenwood once more..."

She stopped dead and turned to the other Elf.

"Nenndil, someone has returned, and if we don't stop him now, the only other outcome is war."
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 19, 2004 11:28
Nenndil froze at Sellaurëa's outburst.

"I... I don't understand." Nenndil stammered. "What type of beast are you talking about?"

But he understood her last statement only too well. And it looked to him that war was upon them no matter what was done about it.
Laurie_Rokkoriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2004 05:08
((Ooooo, war's a'brewing! Action...go, go, go!! I tried to come up with a scary sounding name for this evil guy...I know it's a cheesy name, but it's the best I could do! BTW, sorry for stealing Nenndil for this one.))

Sellaurëa glanced at Nenndil and said,

"We have heard rumors of a name for this fell monster, who dares to enter my home again...the Elves call him Raj'had, and as I said before, he comes from afar. Not from the land of the Valar, but from some other foreign place. I have no other information on the matter save for my gut feelings, which offer no comfort." She paused, then sighed and said,

"I feel I offer you and everyone an explanation." When Nenndil looked confused, she continued. "You may have noticed that at first I bore hatred towards the dwarves, but I turned around in time and now harbor no hard feelings. You probably wondered why." Nenndil nodded. "Well, when I was young, about 1400 years old, my parents were fighting in a far away land...I was staying with the King, who was a personal friend of my father. They were fighting around the Halls of Moria; in that vicinity, I should say, when a score of dwarves came upon them...when the fighting disbanded, my parents were dead." Her shoulders slumped slightly, and her eyes dulled a bit. When she continued, her voice was thicker than usual.

"For years now - how long I lost track - I blamed the dwarves for their death. I lived with King Thranduil and Legolas, who became as a brother to me. They taught me everything I know about being a warrior. Anyway, I blamed the dwarves and hated them, but now...I talked to these two a few days ago, and they said that their ancestors had been there, and that no dwarf had laid a finger on my parents. They had been killed by enemy forces...the dwarves had come out to try to help them. So now you know why I was so bitter," she finished.
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 21, 2004 12:13
"I'm sorry." Nenndil said. "I know what it's like to loose you parents..." 'Or all memory of them...' He thought, silently. He pasued for a moment, gathering his thoughts. "Does Lord Elrond know of this... being?" He asked, a little nervously. Why was he always caught up in these kinds of things?
Laurie_Rokkoriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2004 01:08
Sellaurëa glanced at him as she sensed a flicker of sadness ripple through his mind, but decided to let it go. Instead, she answered,

"It's all-right..it was a long time ago. I wish they were still here...Valar knows I could use their advice right now, but oh well." Her normal look returned to her, all traces of weakness dissapearing.

"As for your last question, I'm sure Lord Elrond must know it by now...King Thranduil surely would have contacted him by now. I just don't know what he plans to do about it."

She was silent for a minute, then asked...

"Now, my turn to ask a question...what do you think is going to happen? I've pondered and studied until my mind is completely clogged* and I need somebody else's opinion on it."

((*That applies to me too; I had seven - seven - semester tests today!!! Yikes!!))
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 22, 2004 12:20
((Tisk. I just messured myself and I'm a lot shorter then I thought I was - 5"! I could almost pass as a dwarf... ¬_¬))

Nenndil was a little thrown by the question - as one of the younger elves he was not used to discussing such matters. "Me?" He stammered, playing for time. "Um, I'm not sure. Something in my gut tells me that war is upon us, whether we like it or not..." He paused for a moment, arranging his thoughts into some time of intelligable shape. "I think that if the being is all that it seems to be then it is likely that the only reason it is here is to harm the free peoples of middle earth... somehow."

He stopped again and glanced at Sellaurëa. Did that make sense? Did she understand.

"I think..." He added, slowly, "I think that the only way we can stop another darkness is to fight now."
Laurie_Rokkoriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2004 12:25
((Tough luck with the height! I had two great-aunts who were both about 4 ft. 6 when they graduated. It's about time to speed this conversation up...what say you?))

Sellaurëa nodded at Nenndil's answer.

"Makes perfect sense to me." She was silent for a moment, then sighed and yawned.

"Tell you what, why don't you tell the others about our suspicions, Lord Elrond in particular? I think it's time we threw caution to the winds. I'll be leaving tomorrow to go back to Mirkwood, and I don't know how long it will be before I am able to return. Maybe a week, maybe never."

Sellaurëa bowed her head and put her hand over her heart, then placed it on Nenndil's shoulder.

"Good-bye, mellon-nin, and may the Valar protect you."
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 24, 2004 01:25
((Posts may die out a bit... I have to go visit family, and do other christmas stuff... BAH HUMBUG! I'll post as much as I may.))

Nenndil bowed. "Namarie, and may the Valar be with you." He said in response, before starting off down the coridor. Sighing deeply, he wrapped his arms around him, trying to decide what to do. Eventually he decided to tell Pengillen and Cillith - they'd be in a better position to speak to Lord Elrond... Nenndil slowly made his way back to the rooms of healing. Cillith was sitting on the end of Pengillen's bed, and they were talking quietly. Nenndil came and sat next to his old teacher. He sat quietly, his legs crossed until the two older elves turned their attention to him... and then explained to them what Sellaurëa had told him...
LadyYavanna
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2005 07:41
Sellaurëa and Nenndil both walked out of the room. Aleas decided to stay in the Houses of Healing and help treat the wounded. She had gone to many of the rooms and decided to check up on Pengillen. She removed the bandage slowly as Pengillen groaned. She apologized, but he just tried to put on a brave face.

"This is healing quickly, but it needs to be changed. I'll be right back." She fetched some bandages as well as a small bottle Glorfindel had given her. It was to speed the healing process even further. Aleas was about to enter the room, when she heard Nenndil's voice. He was describing some beast come to ruin the tranquility of Middle Earth. They became silent. Perhaps they had heard her. She decided to back away and return later, but she accidentally knocked a tray over. It crashed on the floor.

"Well they've heard me now"
Laurie_Rokkoriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2005 12:05
Sellaurëa turned in her tracks as a big crash came from the Healing Rooms.

'That sounded like it came from Pengillen's room,' she thought, and quickened her walk. She turned a corner and saw Aleas outside the door of the room and an upset tray on the floor. She stooped and picking it up, handed it back to Aleas.

"Here, Aleas," she said smiling.
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 09, 2005 01:09
Nenndil jumped at the crash from outside the room. Jumping up he went to the door, but paused for a moment, and looked out. Nenndil sighed in relief as he saw Aleas. "Are you all right, Aleas?" He asked, opening the door.
LadyYavanna
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2005 01:25
"Here, Aleas," Sellaurëa said smiling.

Nenndil hurried out to the hallway to see what has caused the crash. He was pleasantly surprised to see it was Aleas.

"Are you all right, Aleas?" He asked, opening the door.

Aleas couldn't think. A new evil. Those words loomed in her head. She didn't care who was around her or what they said. A new evil has come to Middle-Earth. She could no longer ignore Nenndil's and Sellaurea's stares ans silence.

"Umm I 'm sorry for the disturbance." She turned to Nenndil. "I..I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but I couldn't help it. I was on my way back to Pengillen's room to change his bandage and I happened to overhear your conversation. Ummm well I better change the bandage and let you get back to your conversation. Excuse me." She slipped into the doorway and nervously looked around the room. She sat next to Pengillen and slowly removed the bandage. She applied the liquid from the phial onto a cloth and pressed it lightly upon the wound. She had to let it sit there for about ten minutes. There was a strange silence. She was waiting for someone to say something.
LegolasGreenleafGilEstel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2005 03:14
Pengillen nodded thoughtfully. The news of the creature trying to take over middle earth was indeed rather worrying.

Of course, he was somewhat drugged at that moment in time, and it was difficult to work himself into too much of a panic.

"I think" he said,"Weshould really tell Lord Elrond. I would volunteer to do it myself of course, but I rather think that the Lady Aleas here wouldtry to kill me if I do..."
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 11, 2005 03:16
Nenndil looked pleadingly, first at Pengillen, then at Cillith, hoping that one of them would go and tell Lord Elrond. Nenndil was far too scared to do so himself, but he recognised that someone needed to be told.
Laurie_Rokkoriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2005 03:01
((Hey guys! We've been absent for a while...thought it was time to get this thing going again.))

Sellaurëa, who had been leaning up against the doorpost listening to everyone, looked around to see who would volunteer to tell Lord Elrond. When she saw no one coming forward, she realized that she'd have to do it. She walked a tad farther into the room so that everyone could hear her.

"I'll tell Lord Elrond, if one of you can tell me where I might find him." Inside she thought,

'Goodness, I'm going to be exhausted tomorrow on my way back to Mirkwood.'
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email