Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
LadyYavanna
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Cover of Darkness
on: January 13, 2005 03:57
(I think he should remain alive. He might help the rest of us understand Syl's past)

Eruant's horse had left and was leading him back to the inn. Faelwen and Syl were at the edge of the town, just outside the city gates. Syl had ignores Faelwen's request to mount her horse. Faelwen looked around and saw the shadow of her horse slowly disappear. She had very little time to catch up with him.

"This man has done you some great wrong in the past, I presume, but spilling his blood will not ease the pain. Please lower your weapon. I cannot leave until I am sure that you will not do something foolish. I do not know your name, but I am begging that you spare his life." Tears streamed down her cheeks as she turned and the shadow of her horse was gone.. Soon she would lose the trail and her friend would be lost. Syl slowly began to lower her weapon, but the anger and hate was ever present in her eyes. A loud was heard approaching. People from the inn had come to investigate.

"That man is wounded. See that he is taken care of. Keep watch at the door and make sure he doesn't escape. Once he is healed bind him." With that Faelwen rode off after here horse, leaving a very stunned Syl kneeled on the ground.
LadyLegolas113
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2005 07:50
" I guess we will won't be going on a walk tonight."

Adonnen laughed as Eruant said this, at least he still had his sense of humor. He softly took her hand, and she grasped his hand with both of hers. "Eruant, it's o.k. There will always be another time for a walk. You just set your mind on getting better. I will remain with you all night, I won't leave you." Adonnen realized that she felt a strange connection with Eruant, though she was not sure what it was. She leaned forward and kissed his forehead lightly, then leaned back and began singing a slow song in Sindarin. All was quiet, with just Adonnens voice in the air along with Eruants shallow breaths.
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2005 08:01
Syl listened to Faelwen's words, dropping her daggers at her side. She stayed upon her knees, so many thoughts racing through her mind, she could not separate one from the other.

She wasn't sure how long she sat there, but when she was finally roused by Lhunatal, everyone had gone back to the inn, the only thing remaining of the man was his blood, which stained the ground before her.

She stood up, hugging her horse close. Without speaking, she began walking back to the inn, Lhunatal and Draey following behind. She put Lhunatal in the stables, hesitantly.

She looked down at her hands, which were stained with the man's blood. She went inside, going to the room she had managed to get before the horse incident. Draey sat upon her shoulder, giving her a little comfort.

Slipping into her room, she washed up, scrubbing away the blood from herself and her blades. She then sat upon her bed, laying back as she closed her eyes. She fell into a light sleep, Draey perching comfortably upon a chair in the corner.

((feel free to have someone rouse her))
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2005 06:35
Eruant felt Adonnen kiss him lightly on the head. After that everything went numb on his face, so he no longer felt hot and feverish. Then she began to sing a song. An elvish song that carried him into a deep sleep.
In his dream he saw valleys and small forests that painted the landscape with misty like beauty. He was walking and he had wonderfully silk clothing, with elven elegance. He began to dance and frolic about, like a little boy in his younger days. Just then he saw a beautiful maiden come from the forest, she smiled and walked away. He came to run after her, but she was always just a bit away. He stopped, exhausted. He looked at her one last time before she went into the woods, her face was fimiliar, but he couldn't put his hand one it. He became anxious and began to move about, to try to figure out who it was. His face began to sweat and his eyes moved about rapidly.
He felt a hand come on his forhead and he awoke...

(Woh! The relationship between Adonnen and Eruant is really cute!!!!!!:love: )
LadyLegolas113
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2005 09:10
Adonnen noticed Eruant growing restless. So she put her hand on his forehead to see if he was feverish. He was not hot, so she decided he must be having some kind of dream. In a few moments he awoke, looking around as if wondering where he was. "Eruant, I am here. Are you hungry or thirsty? I have some water and some warm soup if you want to eat. If not I will eat it myself, so if you want it you better tell me." she said jokingly. Looking at Eruant she noticed some color coming back into his face, and she was relieved. The herbs seemed to be doing him some good, and now if only he would eat. She tried to wave the smell of the soup in his direction, hoping he was so hungry he would eat and become stronger. "Eruant, do you wish to eat?"
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2005 08:26
Eruant smelt the soup, his hunger quickly came to him, he had not realized how long he had not eatin. He nodded his head and said, "I would like some soup,please."
Adonnen gave him a bowl and eat ate in hardely. It felt good in his empty stomach. He wipped his lips form the soup brouth and looked at Adonnen, she looked tired.
"You don't have to watch me, Adonnen. Why don't you sleep awhile."
LadyLegolas113
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2005 09:01
"You don't have to watch me, Adonnen. Why don't you sleep awhile."

"Don't worry Eruant, as soon as you fall back asleep, then I will sleep. But until then, I shall watch you." She smiled to herself. She had a special ability that she rarely told anyone about. She could sleep anywhere. If she wanted so could lean her head back against the wall where she was sitting and sleep. She could curl up on the floor, just about anywhere and she would be out. As Eruant's eyes seemed to get droopy, she got up silently and walked into the room next door, plopped on the bed and fell asleep.

((Eruant doesn't have to be asleep, he could be faking it just so Adonnen would leave, thats wy I said his eyes SEEMED to get droopy. Hehe. Also, someone could wake Adonnen if they want to .))
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2005 01:33
Eruant slowly closed his eyes, he pretended to sleep. As he did so, he watched Adonnen leave the room and go to another. When all was silent he let out a small laugh. He had tricked her, he thought.
Silently he got up from his spot and streched a little. He limpted over to his ranger bags and pulled out a small pouch. He went back to his bed and sat down, and then he pulled up his pant leg. The sore was deep, but it didn't look to bad, already the blood was doing a good job a cloting. He opened the pouch and removed a small amount of its content. He rubbed it in the wound, he hissed in pain. Then the pain went away and the sore began to heal rather quickly. His ranger abilities not only helped others but helped himself.
He wondered how the others where. If Syl got her friends back or if anyone made it back without getting to hurt. He stepped toward the window of his room and watch as the dawn was approaching. The sun could be seen just above the mountain tops. He sighed and looked as farmers and local business men got out to start the days work.
Relief came to him when he saw Syl in her covering clothing walk back into the inn, he wondered what happened with the men, and if Syl knew the man, as he guessed.
He walked into Adonnens room and watched in the door way as she slept. She looked very peaceful considering she was still dressed in her ranger atire. He crept close to her bed and sat in the chair near by. He lay his head back and drifted into a dreamy state.
LadyLegolas113
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2005 04:41
When Adonnen woke up sunlight was streaming through the windows, right on to Eruant face. "Wait a minute," she thought. "Eruant shouldn't even be in here. He should be in his bed." She quickly got out of bed and walked over to Eruant, where he was dozing in a chair. She gently put her hand on his shoulder and shook him awake. When he opened his eyes he looked around sleepily, looking so cute as many men do when they first wake up in the morning. "Eruant, why are you here? You should be resting. Your leg needs to heal!!!" She was going nuts trying to figure uot why on earth he was in here.

[Edited on 16/1/2005 by LadyLegolas113]
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2005 12:54
Eruant felt someone shack him awake. He opened his eyes ever so slightly and saw that it was Adonnen, she looked confused. He rubbed his eyes like an infant child and looked at her for a moment.
"Ummm....I was feeling better, and" he looked at his leg, the pant leg was pulled up and a scar was all that was left. He smiled and looked at her reaction. "I have an old herb that helps heal things well." Thats all that he could say, for the actual name of it was unknown to him.
"Did I scare you, Adonnen," he said it sweetly, he liked how she looked with the sun casting it's light on her.

(AWWWW!)
LadyLegolas113
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2005 02:20
"Ummm....I was feeling better, and".................

As he pulled his pant leg up, Adonnen gasped in surprise. There was no gash in his leg. Instead all that was left was a scar.

"I have an old herb that helps heal things well."

Adonnen looked at him in surprise. So many hidden things about this man that she did not know about! She wondered where he got this herb. She finally decided that he must have gotten it on one of his travels.

"Did I scare you, Adonnen?" he asked in a sweet little boyish voice.

"No of course not!" Adonnen replied indignantly. "Well, o.k. maybe just a little bit. I wasn't expecting to wake up to find you sitting next to me in my room! Wouldn't you be scared? Well, no, I don't suppose you would, being a tough Ranger and all." She looked at him with a teasing grin on her face.
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2005 12:38
"Hummhum, I am a tough ranger...you better believe it." He laughed out loud and got out of his chair. He could walk normally now and he felt even better than before.
He decsied to be flirtaous and he grabbed a broom stick and play sword. "I wonder whos a better swords master, the tough ranger man...or the lovely elf women." He swung the stick and made it whistle past Adonnens ear. He laughed lovingly.
LadyLegolas113
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2005 05:16
As the broom stick whistled past Adonnen's ear, she quickly ducked out of the way, grabbed a chair, and snapped a leg off. "Do you dare challenge me? My father was the greatest elf swordsman ever known." With that, she lunged at Eruant, trying to get at him with her little piece of chair leg. He blacked many of her moves, and she blocked many of his. She twisted, turned, rolled, and used every other technique to stay out of his way. She finally managed to get him pinned up against a wall, then she leaned in close to him and said, "You want to know a secret?" She leaned in as if about to kiss him, then quickly pulled away and lunged at him.
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2005 12:51
She lunged at him and he quickly moved out of the way, by ducking down and rolling under her. He managed to get behind her and pinned her hands up behind her back. He laughed,exhausted and came in close behind her. He put his mouth close to her ear and whispered, " I win."
He let her go and sat on the bed, he was smiling with a sheepish grin. Then he commented aloud, "I wonder where the others are."
LadyLegolas113
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2005 06:52
" I win."

Adonnen whipped around as Eruant sat on the bed with a sheepish grin on his face. "Only for now, one day I will kick your butt. I will learn your weakness, don't worry about that for a while though. I need time to check you out first."

"I wonder where the others are."

"You know, I've been wondering the same thing too, it's been a while since we saw them. I'm not really worried about Syl, she can take care of herself. You know, it's about time for me to begin thinking about where I am going to travel next. I get restless being in one place for too long."
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2005 04:06
Eruant sat in thought. His mind was full of many different things an dhe wondered why she was restless in this place.
He looked up at her, his eyes trying to hide his pain, "Why be so restless, haven't you ever wanted to have a place of your own."
He had thought of this many times, and imagined a beautiful place to live. A small cottage with barn and some land to grow food. A little creek near by to play in and get water from.
He smiled foundly about it, and looked up at her, "Haven't you ever wanted happiness that can't be found in a rangers life?"
LadyLegolas113
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2005 03:52
"Why be so restless, haven't you ever wanted to have a place of your own."

"I have always wanted a place of my own," Adonnend replied. "But I've never found a place that I would love to settle down in and grow a little farm and live in a little cottage. I've just never found my place. That's where I'm going when I leave here. I'm gonna find somewhere to live. I'm beginning to get tired of the Ranger life. I shall set out tomorrow."
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2005 06:43
Eruant grew sad, he realized that these days of somewhat carefree ranger times would be over soon, and he would have to set out as well. His time here was great, he would say aloud, if he could. And he truely enjoyed Adonnens company.
He looked out the window, trying to hide his disapointment.
"Well," he said as he got up, "I suppose breakfast would be served for us guest."
With that he left Adonnen and went into the main dinning hall. It looked different than the night before. The sun can truely shine upon things and reveal there true form. He sat down at the old table and waited for service.
LadyYavanna
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2005 05:26
Faelwen's horse began to tire as she continued to ride after her horse's thief. Apparently the thief had tired as well and decided to rest. Faelwen dismounted and decided that the horse should go back to the inn where it belonged. She let it go and watched it ride away safely. The thief was lying under a tree, not asleep, but soon his exhaustion would overcome him and once he had fallen asleep, Faelwen would make her move.

Back at the inn, Adonnen and Eruant were sitting down to breakfast, when a black horse came galloping down the street ans stopped in front of the stable doors. The inn keeper ran out.

"It's my horse. The one I lent to that Rohirrim girl, but where is the rider?"
LadyLegolas113
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2005 07:45
Eruant, looking slightly disappointed, left the room to go downstairs and eat breakfast. Adonnen sat down on her bed, thinking. "I don't want to give up my Ranger life, but I want someone to spend the rest of my life with, and I want children to teach how to swordfight." She also thought about how much she enjoyed Eruants company. With this thought, she got up and went downstairs to join Eruant at breakfast, still thinking about where to go.
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2005 05:36
Eruant stood up when he saw the horse. He had a worried expression and quickly passed Adonnen coming down the stairs.
He ran outside where the inn keeper was petting the horse.
"I lent it to the Rohirrm women," he said to Eruant.
Eruant's mind thought of many thinsg that might have happened and he went back inside to get his sword.
He bumped into Adonnen in the door way.
"Sorry," he said as he picked up his stuff, " I fear our friend is in danger."
He paused and said to her, "Will you join me, one last time."
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2005 06:17
Syl woke up as the sunlight spilled across her eyes. She groaned, throwing the covers over her eyes. As the events of the past night came rushing back to her, she sat up. The anger that had overcome her last night was at the back of her head, whispering to her. She shook her head, pushing the voice away.

She looked around for Draey, who must have been off hunting. Sitting up, she replaced all her weapons and headed downstairs. Her head was aching again, as were the scars on her back. Taking a leaf from her pouch, she placed it in her mouth, chewing it slowly.

Syl didn't see any of the others so she figured they must have left. She had wanted to thank them for their help, but at the same time, she felt as if she couldn't. Taking her seat from the night before, she ordered herself a glass of water.
LadyLegolas113
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2005 05:19
Eruant bumped into Adonnen running up the stairs. He looked disheveled, as if something was wrong.

" I fear our friend is in danger. Will you join me, one last time?" In answe,r Adonnen ran up the stairs next to him, grabbed her stuff from her room, sheathed her sword, and ran back downstairs to saddle Thalion. Eruant was right behind her, and they entered the stables at the same time.
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2005 03:59
Eruant ran past Adonnen and saddled up Lorenelle. He watched almost dazed as Adonnen readied her horse.
"tell me something," he said quietly, "Of all the things in this world, what do you want the most?"

He tightened the girth of the saddle and jumped on.
"let us ride!"
LadyLegolas113
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2005 05:58
"Tell me something," he said quietly, "Of all the things in this world, what do you want the most?"

Adonnen thought for a moment. "There are many things in this world that I want, but most of all, I want to live. i know I'm living right now, but I mean LIVE! I want to find out who I really am, and I want to find my place in this world. And I want to be free for my life, to have a chance at valor and honor, and not sit idle and unaware. I want a chance to show my great worthiness.......but what I want most rgiht now, is to ride out with you." With that she jumped on her saddle and began to follow Eruant out of the stable.
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 10:56
(LadyLegolas, that was a cute reply. )

Eruant came out of the stables, his hopes where high within him and he sat proudly on his horse. Lorenelle seemed to absorb his energy and came out with as much valor.
Eruant saw the inn keeper and said to him, "Dear sir, We will be gone for some time. If you see anyone who is looking for us, please direct them to the woods."Eruant pointed to the forest about a mile away.
He turned to Adonnen and took her hand. He looked inot her eyes and said, "Let's go live."
With that he let go and quickly spired Lorenelle into a gallope. He rode like the wind, he felt higher than he had ever felt before.
But now it was time to find their lost friend.
LadyLegolas113
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 06:45
((*hugs SilverLoom* Thanks))

"Let's go live."

The touch of Eruant's hand was all Adonnen needed to go with him. He truly understood her and what she wanted out of life, and that was a treasure rarely found in a person. She spurred Thalion into a gallop, catching up with Eruant fairly quickly. The freedom she felt as she rode her watersmooth black stallion was incredible. She felt as if she could leap of the earth at any second. As they were riding, a sudden movement was seen in the shrubs and trees off to their left.

((I figured I'd let you SliverLoom, tell us what that "movement" was.))
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2005 01:03
Eruant saw the movement and quickly put his attention on it. He saw the figure of a man, who seemed to be hiding. He galloped up to the shrub and jumped off even before Lorenelle had stopped. He pulled out his sword and shown it aloft, for the man to see.
"If you mean no harm, then this sword means nothing to you. But if you do mean harm, I will not show you much mercy."
He noticed the man quaver under his words.
"Will you not answer me?"
He saw Adonnen out of the corner of his eye and said, "As you can see, I am not alone, and my partner is not weak."
The figure came out of the shrub, he was one of the thieves of the horses.
Eruants eyes widened and he gave a large sigh.
The man shook, "I mean no harm. I know of you, your sword is quite ...sharp."
Eruant smiled, "You know what I did to your leader friend then."
"Yes," he said softly, "The other horse we stoll is off with the other and a women was after him."
Eruant pulled the guy close and looked him in the eye, "You will tell me where they are."
The man gulped and said, "They are that way."
His finger travled upward toward the darkening forest. Eruant let him go.
LadyYavanna
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2005 01:55
Faelwen waited about five hours or so before the thief finally fell asleep. She climbed down the tree slowly and quietly. She neared Naur and he neighed in welcome and gratitude.

"Hush. Do you want to get killed. I have no weapons on me. I would certainly lose of he awoke. Now be still." She undid the rope, but luck was not on her side that night. Horses. The sound of horses rang through the air. A large group was approaching and their horses would wake up the thief. She tied Naur back up apologized to her horse's pleading eyes and resumed her hiding spot. A large group of men rode up and stopped before the thief. The obvious leader dismounted and kicked the thief.

"Wake up!!! We're off working and here you are sleeping. What have you brought?" The thief awoke startled and frightened.

"My Lord I have brought this mighty beast from the lands of Rohan. Does this beast please you?"

"It is a mighty steed indeed. We best be off. Night is about to fall. We need to get moving."

Naur was mounted by the thief and they company began to ride off leaving Faelwen behind.

"Great now I wish I hadn't sent that horse back. Only an elf can run with the speed pf a horse, and I am no elf. I need help." A small eagle flew across the sky and landed on the exact same branch that Faelwen was sitting on. "Too bad you're not one of he great Eagles then I could fly over those miserable thieves and get my friend back. Wait you look familiar. You're that Eagle from the inn. If only I could speak to you then I could tell you to go back to the inn and fetch some help, but....." The eagle flew away, not letting Faelwen finish her sentence. It began to rain. Faelwen couldn't so anything but cry. She was alone, her best friend was kidnapped and she had no way of helping him. She pulled her cloak about her and cried.

(Is Zita still in this? If she is I want to help include her in this rp. If she's not then disregard the bottom part of this post)

Caladon rode into the grimy town,, looking for his sister. He wore the official garments of a Rohan guard and so it was easy to guess where he was from. He headed towards one of the local inns and questioned one of the maids as to the whereabouts of his sister.

"Excuse me, my lady (Zita), but I am looking for a young Rohan girl. She was supposed to meet me, but I think she might have gotten lost. I'm her brother and it's very important that I find her. Have you seen her?"
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2005 05:56
((is the eagle Draey? If so, he's a hawk, just so that's clear. If you weren't talking about him, just ignore this, lol.))

Syl stepped outside, a weight upon her heart. She sighed, looking to the skies as Draey flew towards her. She held out her arm, allowing the hawk to land. He looked into her eyes, communicating with her.

"What do you mean she's not back?" Syl whistled and Lhunatal came galloping from the stables towards her, waiting for her order. "Come on boy, we've got to go help a friend. She stopped me from doing something I would have regretted forever, now it is time to re-pay the favor."

She mounted the horse, Draey taking flight. Lhunatal ran quickly, even when the skies opened up and it began to rain. Draey was forced under the shelter of the trees, making it harder for Syl to follow him. She ducked her horse into the trees, slowing him so they didn't have an accident.
LadyLegolas113
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2005 06:35
Adonne watched the scene with the robber and Eruant unfold, terrified the entire time. When Eruant jumped off of his horse, she jumped off as well, and unsheathed her sword. She stayed back, letting Eruant do the manly stuff and handle the situation. When he let go of the man, she turned to him and asked, "What shall we do with him? Shall we leave him?" She turned to the man with a look of dusgust, then back to Eruant's dirty face.
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2005 06:00
(**Chuckle** I suppose I would ahve a dirty face. )

Eraunt thought a moment, "We will tie him to a tree. Maybe that tree over there."
There was a large oak tree near the edge of the forest. He looked at it for some time and noticed something move within its branches.
He spoke in a whisper to Adonnen, "There is something in it, suppose it is a cougar?"
The man was very afraid, "Please sir! Don't hurt me, I have done many bad things but let the Lord be the judge upon me."
Eruant picked the man up and threw him up on his horse.
He tied him by legs and feet and lead the horse to the distant tree. There he tied the man to the tree and stood back with a grin.
"So," he scratched his head, "I suppose this is the end of things with us. Good day sir."
With that he left, or just simply walked slowly away. The man yelled out to him and begged him to save him. Eruant stopped and looked up into the tree again. This time he didn't see an animal but a person. He pondered and put his hand on his hilt.

(I'll let whoever be the one in the tree, maybe you LadyYavanna.)
LadyYavanna
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2005 03:47
The band of thieves departed and Faelwen was left alone to think of a plan. Two other people approached. It was still dark and th figures were not easy to discern.

~"Probably more thieves. The only way for me to get Naur back is to capture them and make them tell me where to go."~

Faelwen jumped down and grabbed on of them by the throat and pointed her dagger at the dark figure.

"Lead me to your camp and your friend will walk away unharmed."

(It's dark and Eruant and Adonnen can't see Faelwen clearly)
SilverLoom07
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2005 05:44
Eruant noticed the person jump down from the tree and without much warning put a weapon apon Adonnens neck. Eraunt pulled his long sword out and stood his ground.
He heard the person say something about telling her were to go to get back to town. Eruant spoke up for Adonnen since she seemed clearly alarmed.
"There is a town..." his words choked him, " not to far from here." He paused, he was looking for the right words so that the stranger would not hurt Adonnen. "Please, if you should take your wraith apon someone, let it not be her...I beg you."
His voice was very sad and seemed to cut the night was errieness. "Please," he said again.
He noticed the person seem to let their grip lose, were they leting go?

(Thought I'd put Adonnen into that, since she hasn't been here.)
LadyLegolas113
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2005 07:00
((O.k. wow sorry i havent replied in so long.....Ive been loaded down with homework.))

As Adonnen followed Eruant toward the tree, leaving the man behind, something quickly jumped out of a tree and suddenly, she felt something very sharp and cold graze her neck. A familiar voice spoke, asking her a question. But Adonnen was so terrified she could not answer. She heard Eruants voice coming out of the dim light, trying to get her captor to release her. As Adonnen stood frightened, the person seemd to releae their grip at the sound of Eruant's voice. In that split second Adonnen made a decision. She could faintly see the outline of the dagger her captor was holding, and she quickly ducked out of his grasp, aimed a kick at the dagger, and kicked it out of her captors hand, causing it to shoot upward. She quickly grabbed her captors hand twisting it around behind his back and holding it there.

(Sorry, couldnt think of any other way to throw myself back into that)
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email