Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Gimli_and_Gollum
Superdwarf
Send Message
Post RE: American Idol #4
on: May 25, 2005 04:29
Well I am very glad with the outcome of the show. The person who I wanted to win won, so I am excited. I didn't want to use any pronouns to give it away to those great fans still viewing it on the west coast.

Congrats to both Bo and Carrie!
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: May 26, 2005 03:46
I wanted Bo to win, but they were both awesome. I'm sure that they both have wonderful careers ahead of them.
LadyCeleborn
Palantir Mod, Guardian of Ulmo's Realm & Resident Eomer Fancier
Send Message
on: May 26, 2005 09:42
I was so disappointed that Bo didn't win..:cry: But a very wise friend did point out that no matter if he is 1st or 2nd we will definitely see lots more of Bo. (Look at Clay. Ruben may have won the last Idol show but you hear lots more about Clay than you do Ruben.)

Bo is a winner no matter what! He is awesome and we're going to hear him on the radio some day soon..:disco:

[Edited on 26/5/2005 by LadyCeleborn]
Angel_Of_Athens
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2005 01:57
I voted for Constantine! I love him. I cried when he was booted. I'm happy Carrie won though. I hated Scott.
Bo is awesome too!
Nerwin_Artanis
Queen of the Night
Send Message
on: May 29, 2005 06:19
Well, I'm not surprised, anyway. I would have been much more thrilled about Carrie's win in the pre-Constantine elimination days, but somehow my original favourites in the show got all messed up after that, and I didn't enjoy her as much.

But...you know...I think she'll make a good American Idol, and she really does have a great, strong, pure voice. I'll probably buy her CD.

For you fellow Constantine fans, I heard he's looking at movie and TV scripts. So we could be seeing our boy soon, in an entirely different capacity! Wasn't he fantastic in the 'Simon Expose' spoof?
I loved the Beach Boys medley at the beginning. Mainly because I've always loved the Beach Boys and it made me weak in the knees to hear Anthony sing Surfer Girl and Constantine sing I Get Around. Heh.

I loooooved Bo singing Sweet Home Alabama with Lynyrd Skynyrd! The smile on his face....I'd be tempted to think that meant more to him than being named the American Idol would have. Vonzell and Carrie were also great in that part, but I felt rather sorry for Anwar and Anthony being saddled with Kenny G, and that awful, awful cliche song. :sleepy:

Anyway....as worked up as I got over AI every week, I'm kind of glad it's over, just to end the stress. Hehe. I don't know if this will mean anything to any of you, but George Huff, 5th place finalist from Season 3, has a CD coming out this summer! *does a little dance* I loved George Huff. John Stevens (6th place finalist, usually referred to as 'That redhaired kid') and LaToya London (4th place) also have CDs coming out soon. I'm really excited about all the Season 3 Idols' CDs coming. I was pretty wrapped up in the show last season, too.

I guess this probably my last post in this thread, so thanks for discussing Idol with me this year, guys! It was great.
Amrod_Isilra
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 29, 2005 08:20
As a die hard rocker into the darker side of things, I would have loved to see Bo win. But it was not to be, As always middle America won out yet again.

Not to worry , in son's elementary school there are this year more rockers and goths than pop and rap fans.

There is hope people. One day a rocker will win.

Who knows Brian Johson may yet be a guest judge some time this century

And as for Carrie, I'm not a massive country fan, but she was at least as good as the top country women seem to be .....
Beriedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2005 10:36
I read that Carrie had only 168,000 copies of her single sold in the first week. And Simon said she'd out sell everyone else? And of course, we are seeing more of Bo (well I am, anyway). He was HILARIOUS on the View today. Great God in Heaven you know I love you, Bo!!!!!!!! My cousins were also at the Piston vs. Spurrs game...and Carrie's voice cracked in the middle of the performance. My cousin KNEW she couldn't tackle that song just yet. And her children saw Bo driving while they were playing! I must move to California...*rushes off to get Bo-dose.*
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email