Register

Author Topic:
Mhiko
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Strength to Continue. []Not scripted. Free for all[]
on: February 01, 2005 04:42
Tavlie scoffed at Meruna.
"Horses." she said curtly, pointing to the three horses who began to wander around. Grey Dusk and Zuma were among them. "But no food, water, or other supplies for such a journey." She paused, thinking. "Unless we can head to a nearby village and beg or..." she shook her head. "No, I will not force you to stoop to the level of entertainer. I put you here, I shall get you out." She tried to stand, only to find that her legs refused to work. She muttered a few Elvish curses and rubbed them.
"Assistance would be appreciated..." she mumured quietly.

(where did Triple Crown Champ go?)
Aragorns-Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2005 03:42
"oh, the horses did show up," said meruna, rubbing Zuma. she reached out her hand to Talvie.
"need a hand?" she pulled the girl to her feet as she steadied herself on her horse.
"no, we do not need to stoop the level of entertainer. i would never in my life. We will find a way. at the moment we need food, water, some way home, and some weapons would come in handy." Meruna tried to tabulate that in her head. "Let's go into town," she decided. "We can find some help there."

((idk where TTC went. hrm....))
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2005 05:57
"Hmm," she remained silent as her eyes skimmed the fields with intent. Her mind reeled quickly then finally slowed as her hands reached over to snatch the reigns of the last remaining horse. She gave the creature a light pat on the neck and chuckled. "Hir, my boy. Have not seen you since feed time," she mused quietly before looking back over to the others. "I believe there is a small town north of here but I'm not completely sure. i never got a good look at the maps..."
Aragorns-Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2005 03:42
meruna pondered her thoughts for a little bit.
"yeah...there is a town north of here. i dont know its name, but we need to get there or we will end up dying." she mounted Zuma.
"who's up for a ride?"
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2005 05:44
Eèlen looked over to Meruna and gave a small nod and she mounted atop of Hr who whinnied loudly and dug his hoof in the earth. "easy now," she whispered and pulled the horse so it was standing nest to the other horses--instead of behind them.
Mhiko
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2005 03:49
Tavlie smiled and nodded at the other two, mounting Grey Dusk's bare back with ease. She whispered a set of commands in the mare's ear and they began following the others.

(sorry i was gone so long. i'm sick )
Aragorns-Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2005 11:04
(glad ur back Mhiko! )

Meruna and Zuma set off in the lead north. She was almost positive a town lay not far off. they needed all the food, shelter, and weapons they could get.
she was right. the town wasnt far, and it wasn't long before the three ended up at the little town. they got off their horses and stayed in the shadow of the buldings. Meruna didnt exactly trust these people, but they were all the help she could get right now.
"Ok guys, these people here are very suspicious of newcomers and people not like them," gesturing the to the one with them who looked most elven. "and we have no money, and we have to have food and weapons for the journey. the only way to do this is to steal." stealing was one of Meruna's talents. it would come in handy. she knew that Talvie was good with stealing, thought they didnt needto steal any more horses, but she didnt no about the other girl and her moral values.
Huar_Mynatur
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2005 04:30
((This is my first RPG on this site, help appreciated!))
An elven man walks up to you. He has dark brown hair and grey eyes.He is tall and has a white cloak that have elven tengwar in golden embroidered around the edges. "Welcome to this town," he says, " I have been living here for the past few days, and these people do not take too kindly to strangers."he smirks."Luckily, they are easily swayed in your favor with money."He looks over you quickly,"I see you have no provisions. May I offer you assistance?Oh and forgive my rudeness, I am Athramir, a traveling elven wizard from Rivendell, and I can help you with healing also."
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2005 06:59
Eèlen smirked slightly as Meruna mentioned stealing. It wouldn't be her first and it urely wouldn't be her last. She took a small step away from the group and slyly sunk her hand into a pocket of another passing by. She gave the man a small smile as he walked off then snickered, eyes darting low to her palm, scanning the coins.

Her head perked at a voice and she quickly glanced over to the newcomer. By the looks of him, he was of the elven sort and she quickly smiled, stidying the fairness of his face. She quickly gave a frown, the rememberance of her station sinking back in and she took a step back behind the others.
Huar_Mynatur
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2005 04:34
"So, would you like my help? I can heal you if that is what you need.Perhaps a few gold peices," he says.
Aragorns-Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2005 10:41
Meruna eyed the newcomer with interest and suspicion. she, unlike many of her friends, did not fear the elves, but she was suspicious of them.
"Provisions would be very helpful," Meruna finally said. "as would weapons of some sort. but we majorly need directions to Minas Tirith."
Mhiko
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2005 10:51
Tavlie twisted a lock of her red hair nervously.
"Stealing?" she ventured. "I'd rather not, if it's at all avoidable."
An elvish man approached, introducing himself as Athramir, and elvish wizard from Rivendell. "I can heal you if that's what you need." He offered. "Perhaps a few gold pieces..."
Talvie ignored her shaking hands. How very perceptive of him.
"Money, food, and blankets are what we need." she put in after Meruna. "Among other things. But" she warned. "we have no means of repaying you until we return to Minas Tirith.
Huar_Mynatur
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2005 12:46
The elvish man smirks."My friends, I did not mean you to repay me, but me to give you some gold pieces,"he says."you can follow me, I know the way to the marketplace, and if you need a place to stay, I've become friends with the innskeeper,"He says as he leads you up a road.He again begins speaking'"These are the stables, you may keep your horses here, if you wish. I can come with you to Minas Tirith if that is so what you need, but i suggest staying here for a night, the journey will be a long one, of atleast a few days, if we make haste."
Aragorns-Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2005 10:30
Meruna looked at him and at Zuma. She didnt want to leave her horse in the stable.
"I really don't trust him," she whispered to Talvie. "do you think we should leave them here? all he has to give us is a map and stuff and we can go. he wants to go with us. i wonder the reason."
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2005 02:01
She stared inently at the man, studying his face. It wasn't often she would see an elf. As he mentioned stables, she slowly looked over her shoulder to Hir, who knickered and impatiently stomped his hoof. Another look was sent to Talvie and Meruna, their whispers practically silent. "A stable may be a good choice, if my input is accepted." Eèlen murmered quietly, her fingers twinning with the pockets in her cloths. "I mean, we can't just expect the horses to follow us about while we get ourselves lost and such." Her hand flicked the reign's of her horse were firmly clasped in her hand. She then turned to see what the others decided upon.
Mhiko
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2005 08:57
Talvie nodded at Meruna. "I don't trust him." she whipered. "He's an elf." she wrinkled her nose. "A Rivendell elf, no less." She tucked her hair behind one pointed ear and sighed. "But, we seem to have no other alternative." She gave Athramir a blank, searching stare. "Grey Dusk can wander around on her own," she continued in a hushed tone. "but the others... What do you two think? And this traveling with us business. Well the three of us should be strong enough to overtake him if he gets out of hand, right?"
Talvie had to smile at herself with the common ground she and Meruna had found. Neither seemed to trust the elves as far as they could throw them and Tavlie had never been very good at throwing things. Even though Talvie was half-elf herself, she had found that most of them tended to look down on her. In the end, it was best that they just went their separate ways.
Aragorns-Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2005 02:31
"i think we can overtake him if needed," said Meruna, smiling at the new found common ground between her and Talvie. "And I know Zuma can be on her own and find me wherever I go. i guess we have to go along with him. my family is probably worried sick about me."
Meruna didn't hate elves, she just distrusted them. They seemed stuck up to her, and they looked down on everyone. They thought they were better because they were immortal and had hundreds of years to practice their fighting. meruna was all Gondorian human, and was completely proud of her country and home city of Minas Tirith/
Huar_Mynatur
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2005 03:56
Athramir gives an odd smirk to Meruna, as if he heard what she said."I can lead you to the marketplace..or maybe the inn.If you would like we can set out tomorrow,I plan to leave anyways, I must get back to Rivendell soon, but I don't mind traveling."
Mhiko
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2005 01:32
"Pardon me." Talvie said. "I believe we have reached a descision. We will acompany you for the time being, but if you suddenly become... difficult, we will not hesitate to take desperate meaures. Is that perfectly clear?" Her icy blue eyes glittered with subtle anger. Today was not her day and by gummit, no one else was going to screw up what was left of it.
Aragorns-Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2005 02:32
Meruna hated the smirk the elf gave her. it was like he read her mind. she grinned when she heard Talvie's reply.
"yes. and I will not hesitate to take depserate measures, either," she hissed. "We will go. But remember, we are keeping all six of our eyes on you."
Mhiko
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2005 05:33
Talvie gave Meruna an affirming smile. She was fast beginning to think that perhaps they could be friends after all. It had been so long since Talvie had a friend, it would be nice to gain a confidant that, unlike her beloved horse, would actually be able to carry on a two-sided conversation.
"Well," Talvie said, glancing at Eelen, "are we ready?" And with that, the shaky three-sided alliance was transfixed in her mind. Subconcsiously she wrapped part of her heart around the other two and her loyalty took a firm grip on them. She would protect them now, no matter what, and somehow she knew that there might be a slight inkling of the same feeling with the others. Perhaps now, she really had some friends. Perhaps her trust could once again be won...
Aragorns-Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2005 02:18
"Yep," said Meruna. "i think we are." she was surprised at how she and this half elf were going to kill each other one minute and were now basically friends. Meruna had a few good friends back home, but most girls she knew were shy and quiet with dark pasts they never wanted to talk about. she hoped her new-found friends would be a little more open. closed people bugged her.
Mhiko
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2005 07:20
Talvie tapped Meruna on the arm and motioned for Eelen to come closer.
"These are for you." she said quietly, taking two silver coin-shaped objects out of a pocket in her cloak. They shimmered in the Rohan sunlight as Elvish inscriptions waxed and waned on their surfaces. Both were pierced in the center with a hole just larger than Talvie's little finger, which wasn't much considering the coins filled her palm.
"If you are in need, these will let me know." She murmured. "It is a safety precaution in light of our new... guest. Keep them well, for they are precious; hard to make and even harder to come by." She pressed the coins into Eelen and Meruna's hands and shut them.

[Edited on 21/2/2005 by Mhiko]
Aragorns-Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2005 06:54
"Hannon le," replied Meruna quietly, using the tiny amount of elvish she picked up from visitors. She slipped the coin into her pocket. she would have put it around her neck if she had a chain.
"so, i suppose we must get going now," she said. her fingers itched for a bow or a knife or something. she hated being unarmed.
Mhiko
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2005 07:35
"Hannon Le" Meruna replied. Tavlie smiled and turned her eyes to their guide.
Aragorns-Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2005 04:05
"Right," said Meruna. she turned to the guide. "are we leaving yet?" ((u need to step in here, Huar_Mynatur ))
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2005 02:37
[]sorry i haven't posted in a while, i've been sick out of my mind...[]

Eelen snapped back to the conversation as the small group decided that the newcomer would guide them, but if there were any slips from him, the consquences could mean his life.
She smirked slightly and gave a soft nod but before she could take a step, Talvie motioned for her to come over and she quickly did as instructed."If you are in need, these will let me know." She murmured. "It is a safety precaution in light of our new... guest. Keep them well, for they are precious; hard to make and even harder to come by."
As the coin was laid into her palm, her eyes widened and seemed to smile at the shiney-ness of it bu as quick as she looked, she plopped it into one of the few pockets of her cloak. Now everyone seemed ready and all that needed really to be done was for Athramir to lead them so they could be on their way again.

Mhiko
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2005 05:28
((did it die??? :cry)
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email