Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: A young Princess * need an Eldarion - free to all!*
on: February 15, 2005 12:10
Glyndr glanced up as Ceinwyn kissed him, he turned to watch her as she walked away, she was everything he ever wanted in an Elleth, grace, beauty, wisdom and the heart of a warrior.
He needed no pale, simpering Elleth who would obey his every demand,He was easily bored, and tired easily of them , as he had done many times, of Elleths who once claimed, submitted, and lost their fire.
Ceinwyn would never lose that flame that set her apart from all the others,
Only one thing worried him, she had given up her immortality to become a woman in the race of men.
Glyndr had time yet to concern himself on this matter, he had not yet won her from her father.
He turned back , he watched Eldarion and Coenaneth as he refilled his goblet for the fourth time, Mead was a definite favourite!,
"We shall start out for Edoras today then?" he licked the sticky wine from his slender fingers where it had run from the flagon across them."I do not want to waste any time".
His cold eyes studied the other two intently, he smiled a knowing smile, "Your expressions tell me you trust neither me nor my intentions".
He moved to perch on the edge of the table, he took a long drink of mead, as his icy stare watched for any telltale sign of their feelings.
"Think what you want" he tossed his long hair back over his shoulders,"but I warn you, do not cross me,I can be very kind to those I learn to trust,yet very cruel to those I do not"
The demon mood seemed to vanish as he smiled, "I do not think that we need this so called honour guard, the fewer of our party , the less likely we are to be noticed,What do you warriors think?"
Glyndr gave them the chance to say exactly their thoughts on him and the guard.

ladyofthewood234
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2005 02:05
Coenaneth listened to Glyndr's comments with steady eyes. When he finished, she turned to Eldarion and said, "Well, 'e 'as a good poin'. Bu' d'yeh think we kin afford teh lose th' guard?"
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2005 03:45
Eldarion frowned in thought. "You both have good points. However, moving faster wtihout being noticed would probably be the best. So perhaps we should include as few as possible in the honor guard." He looked at Glyndr. "I would rather not risk doing away with them completely." The prince smiled; it was a little uneasy. He was a little ill at ease with Glyndr; not because of what the elf's intentions may be, but his insistence to be cold towards Coenanth and himself and to automatically assume that they did not trust Glyndr. Eldarion did not take pleasure in being second guessed or treated as an enemy when he was trying to be friendly.
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2005 12:57
Ceinwyn flung her gown's irritablty in a scrunched pile to the corner, eying the greedy faced, squat shouldered maid whom scuttled about with firm contempt. She looks at me as if I were below her! she mused inwardly - well what does it matter? I may choose as I wish..let her try to stop me, she reassured herself with bold defiance, resting her palms on her hips as the mess about her gathered. " And where might you be going then? You ain't supposed to leave on the King's royal decree" one of the pressed earnestly whilst Ceinwyn rolling her eyes merely shrugged " I am the Princess and I may do as I wish - that is my decree" she answered with a brazen grin, tugging the white shifted over her shoulders when, smoothing her fingers along the silken greenfabric of another gown thrust before her, she smiled indulgently, braiding her hair in a low bun at the base of her neck, stray wisps of fiery tendrils falling over her forehead.Snapping the dragon clip at her shoulder shut, she paced back from the hut with the sheen of magesty shrouding her figure, tall and slender as leaned idly against the pillar awaiting Glyndr. Only he knew of the stubborness which lay beneath.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2005 07:31
The Elf watched Eldarion and Coenaneth carefully over the rim of his goblet, his acute senses told him that he had perhaps gone a little too far in his mistrust of the race of men.
He replaced the goblet on the table," Forgive me," he nodded a bow, "My words seem to have caused you some unrest, I apologise, the people I usually deal with trust me as little as I trust them, To trust is to be betrayed in that world,"he paused to run his finger around the rim of the goblet, "I am sorry for my coldness and sharp words, you are obviously not of that world" Glyndr smiled as he looked into the goblet, " I perhaps should not drink so much of this, it seems to enhance my gift of icy impoliteness".
He glanced round as he heard soft footsteps approaching, "Ceinwyn", Glyndr walked to meet her,
"How soon do we leave?" Glyndr was impatient to get started, "I have thought that we need no honour guard, too many may not move secretly and silently in these wild lands, however Eldarion and Coenaneth, have suggested only a small number, but we must have them they say, The choice is obviously yours to make, Whichever , I suggest we leave very soon."
He turned back to Eldarion, "Shall you or our Lady lead us? for I must know to whom I answer to on this journey"
Glyndr knew instinctively that this would not be an easy journey to take in many ways.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2005 02:10
Eldarion's shoulders relaxed and he accepted Glydr's apology with a slight nod and a more genuine smile. The princess' re-entrance prevented more conversation as they stood. Glyndr walked over to speak to Cienwyn. Eldarion sat again and turned to Coenanth.

"Well, this is going to be an interesting journey." he said light-heartedly. "At least you won't be bored."

He looked up again as Glyndr addressed him. "Shall you or our Lady lead us? For I must know to whom I answer to on this journey."

"Oh..." Eldarion hadn't thought of that and stood again. "Well..." He stared uneasily at Cienwyn. She was strong-willed and he did not want to offend her in any way, but..."With all due respect, my lady, I would be more at ease if you...I mean, that is, I need to continue to protect you. I would find that easier as the leader of our group."

'Bloody hell...' he thought inwardly. Why was he so awkward with her? He wished all women were more like Coenanth; warm and easy to get along with. Cienwyn, beautiful as she was, made him feel as if he were walking on coals.
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2005 01:24
" Indeed?" she raised an arched brow, tapping her foot irritably on the flagstones of the hall until sighing, she fixed Eldarion with a slightly curious stare, noting how anxious - no uncomfortable, he seemed to be around her. Am I really that awful? she cursed inwardly, drawing subconciously closer to Glyndr. Ceinwyn being so used to people either scorning or being in awe of her, felt slightly perplexed at this forgien notion. Frowning, she stepped forwards. I want no ill feeling between us - perhaps he is not used to women with lips which speak as freely as mine? " Prince do what you will..I'm sure I can keep myself occupied" she smiled easily, hoping it settled the tension between them..though Ceinwyn could hardly explain why. He was kind to her when with all rights he could have made the situation infinetly worse. For that she owed him gratitude and, clasping his hand in her's in a token of friendship between royals, she only hoped he noticed.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2005 05:09
Eldarion's shoulders relaxed and his boyish smile returned as he and Cienwyn clasped hands.

"Good. Then perhaps I should decide who will be traveling with us and we can prepare for our journey. Perhaps we should plan on leaving early tomorrow morning?" he looked to the others for affirmation; once he felt they agreed, he would go and recruit two or three trustworthy soldiers and then would make sure provisions and such were perpared.

(Hey, I am going to be out of town this weekend; I won't be able to post until Sunday night. Just heads up; if you go on, don't forget me!!)
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2005 08:54
Glyndr watched as Eldarion and Ceinwyn clasped hands.
He shivered, an icy bolt ran down his spine,They looked perfect together,both of the same high born status , both royalty who understood each other.
he glanced at Coenaneth, she too , he felt, saw the same aura they had together,
He looked away quickly, as the girl's eyes met his, he did not want a mortal to see thevulnerable fear in his eyes, a fear that he may lose the one thing he loved beyond his own life, to one of her own kind. A mortal royal.
"Very well, tomorrow it is", Glyndr said, "My Lord", he now addresssed Eldarion as his status as leader befitted."Shall we take the west road or the north? I recommend the north it is more dangerous , yet the quicker, " He glanced towards the sky, "The weather turns against us, Lady Ceinwyn must not suffer hardship on the journey",
Glyndr rubbed the bridge of his nose, he suddenly felt very unwell, "Coenaneth, " he looked at the girl, "Shall you join me in another mead? I feel I need its warmth".
Glyndr felt the pangs of a deep love, one his ice cold soul could not understand, It was melting , and it hurt.
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2005 09:28
" And why should I suffer?" she arched a brow teasingly, moving to rest her arms in a loose arc about his neck, smiling with every ounce of warmth she possesed " why should I suffer when you are with me my love" when catching the faintest trace of - what? Vulnerability? Kissing him tenderly, she nestled her fiery head on his shoulder, twirling a lock of his hair in her fingers. " I told you I shall never leave you. I am yours" she voiced her assurances earnestly, pulling back her avid green eyes without a trace of anxiety. With him, she felt safe, free, alive - he was and always had been her soulmate and while the breath still ran through her body that would never change. Never. " May I not drink some ale with you as well my love? I am game for anything you men can do" she prodded his chest playfully, her proximity meaning the scent of rosewater drifted subtly from her skin. " I love you Glyndr" she sighed simply. Perhaps it was unwise to clasp hands with Eldarion as such...it meant little but a token of friendship to her, a mere act of royality. To him though, she could extend her understanding. And so resolving herself, she strived to show her love for him with a gesture only he could understand, the tear necklace at her throat once a prize jewel of her mothers. Taking it from her own neck, she settled it about his. " My token to you" she almost whispered
ladyofthewood234
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2005 01:01
Coenaneth looked around apprehensively at Ceinwyn and Glyndr. The passions of the high-born had never been to her taste. And yet before she could speak to Glyndr, Ceinwyn moved in on him and spoke softly to him. Coenaneth blinked a few times, annoyed, but waited with patience, bright eyes moving between her three companions, for Ceinwyn to finish.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2005 08:11
The Kelquenti Elf closed his eyes in a sigh of relief,as Ceinwyn confirmed her loyalty and love.
He did not understand this new emotion, one that had stayed fozen in him for so long, It frightened him how vulnerable it made him feel ,he closed his mind to it and hid it well.
For once Glyndr could find no words as Ceinwyn placed the necklace around his neck,he understood how important the jewel was to her, "I shall treasure it ", he finally found words.
He kissed her softly,"Thank you", ice blue eyes told her as he nipped her ear gently before standing back.
"Let us all finish the mead, there is enough and it is a sin to waste such fine honey wine"
Glyndr poured four goblets of mead, one he gave to Ceinwyn,two he took to Coenaneth and Eldarion, he had noticed Coenaneth's look. "I must speak with you before we leave", he whispered discreetly as he gave her the pewter goblet. "Let me know when and where" Glyndr turned to take the other goblet to Eldarion, "Which road?" he asked again. Hoping the north.
Glyndr walked back ,taking his own goblet he stood at Ceinwyn's side."I wonder where we shall be at this time tomorrow, I'll wager we shall not drink mead with our meal"
He was not looking forward to the possibility of having to set camp outdoors, Glyndr loved comfort, and a meal at a campfire was not his idea of comfort at all.
ladyofthewood234
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2005 02:12
Coenaneth took the goblet from Glyndr, and blinked as he told her he wished to speak with her. What could he want? she asked herself. She knew he had seen her irritation, and probably wasn't immensly pleased, but she had no idea what he might want from her. After taking a few sips from her goblet, she casually brushed past Glyndr. As she passed him, she hissed, "Toni'ht--after they've gone to sleep." Then she moved back past him, pretending to have forgotten what she was doing, and stood by Eldarion.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2005 06:36
Eldarion took the goblet. "Thank you." he paushed to take a sip then nodded. "The north then. If it is less hardship, the faster we can move."

Glyndr nodded and went to stand by Cienwyn again. Eldarion took a breath and then decided to finish his mead before going out to pick the honor guard. Looking up, he smiled warmly - and a little bit in relief - as Coenanth came to stand next to him.

"I figured two or three warriors should be enough." he stated and looked at her. "You've probably had better luck than I in getting to know the soldiers about; any ideas for whom we should choose?"
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2005 01:04
" North so it is" Ceinwyn sighed, turning on her heels and marching back to the wicker framed stables, eager to dispell the anxious limbo which was nagging at her spirits. Her father, ever a man of volatile temper,was ill that much she could sense from the remnants of her elven instincts. Would that he could see this from my view! Now I have to go to him bearing nothing but ill favour...well, not that it has to be that way. Perhaps he and Glyndr will forge a sense of companionship...they are both warriors after all and between two of that kind, thier must be some common sense of pride. Wincing at the notion, a bitter smile spread upon her lips as she noted that pride was something both she and her father suffered from - Glyndr too. My, my what a party we shall have...The stable lad blushed as she glided past, darting to where her stallion Ea had been housed. Smoothing her hand along it's silken mane, she sighed before saddling the beast with perfect ease.
ladyofthewood234
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2005 10:52
"Well," Coenaneth said jokingly, "I only know o' two contenners fer this prestigious position..." She laughed and continued, "an' those are Aoife, th' girl from Edoras tha' came teh Gondor with me, an' Ryd, or ol' Horsemouth, as th' soldiers 'ave dubbed 'im. Th' choice is yers on th' third."

((both of the soldiers are in the DB, I've used them elsewhere, they can just sort of hang out behind us...))
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2005 12:56
Eldarion nodded and smiled. "Good. Woud you mind speaking to them for me?"

After Coenanth gave her answer, Eldarion went in search of Cienwyn. He found her in the stables, saddling her horse.

"Anxious to leave?" he asked, then reached out to brush the horse's forehead. "It is too late to leave now, your highness. By the time we would get far enough to matter, it would be too dark set up camp." He paused, realizing he had just said more than a sentence with out mentally grimacing.

"Cienwyn," he stated, deciding to use her name instead of title. "I...I hope we can be friends. I am not used to female company, so I hope that will not be held against me. I just wished to, well that is we will be traveling together. I did not want it to be awkward."
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2005 02:51
Glyndr looked anxious as Ceinwyn went towards the stables, They were not due to leave until the morning, What was she doing?
He saw Eldarion follow her, he hoped that he would put a stop to any ideas she may have of riding out so late.
As darkness fell Glyndr slipped silently out into the shadows beneath the walls, He threw a pebble at a window he knew to be Coenaneth's. He waited for her in the darkness under the watchtower,
As the girl arrived, he pulled her quickly into the darkness. "I shall come straight to the point," The Elf's eyes reflected the moonlight in ice blue.
"I know you from the past,You, and er, how shall I say? a friend have done many errands for me, You know me, and the world that I sometimes inhabit" Glyndr ran his hand anxiously through his hair ,"I am here to ask you never to speak of that past, Eldarion, I feel does not know of it ,yet I am not certain"
He looked deep into her eyes, "If he does know it would make it very difficult for me in Rohan, many questions would be asked of me by the Rohan king".
Glyndr moved closer "I know that you are no longer a part of that world, but I ask that you use your skills to find out if the prince knows anything of my past or that world"
His gaze became more anxious "Ceinwyn is my life, I cannot lose her, shall you do this for me ?. I shall grant you anything that is within my power", The proud Kellquenti was not afraid to beg for this one desperate thing.
ladyofthewood234
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2005 03:31
Coenaneth, hearing a tap against her window, glanced outside. Seeing a form that could only by Glyndr's, she quietly slipped out of her room and walked to the watchtower. She listened in silence as Glyndr pled his case, then looked on him with pity. She knew how it felt to want to cover up a past of piracy.
"Well," she said, "I can promise yeh this much: I won' le' Eldarion know anythin' 'bou' yer past tha' yeh don' wan' 'im teh know. Wha' 'appened with you an' me an' Addy's behin' us." She paused, drumming on her chin with one clawlike fingernail. "I dunno 'ow yeh wan' me teh fin' ou' wha' Eldarion knows abou' yeh, bu' I s'pose I can ask aroun' with some'a th' people tha' came teh Gondor with me. Aoife and Ryd, th' guards that're comin' with us teh Rohan, mi' know somethin'."
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2005 06:03
" Anxious?" she repeated with a wry shake of the head" I'll save all my anxiety for later I think...goodness knows it will be of better use then. An adrenaline rush" when sighing, she leaned idly against the wooden pilars, tilting her face upward to the beams of honey gold spilling through the gaps in the thatched roof. Smiling at the almost forgien warmth in such a bleak, dry summer, she turned a wolfish grin to Eldarion." Not used to women? Really, and a Prince as fine as yourself.." she tutted playfully when, sobering the warm glint of curiosity mellowed in her eyes. " And what of Coenaneth? I see you are good friends.." though also do I see she yearns to be more..or at least, honours you more, she mused inwardly, keeping her voice perfectly neutral. " Of course we can be friends" she smiled brightly " I could think of nothing better - and between friends" she added ruefully " what awkwardness is there?"
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2005 06:33
Eldarion relaxed even more and his smile was genuine. "Thank you, that releives me very much." he admitted. "As for Coenanth; well...she's not like other girls. I mean, she is almost as good as a man. That is to say...I mean..." Eldarion broke off and blushed deeply. He rubbed his head. "Anyway, get a good night's rest, Cienwyn." Eldarion quickly walked out to avoid saying anything else stupid.

(Ladyofthewood, perhaps in your next post, you can introduce your soldiers as we meet to leave?)
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2005 07:34
Glyndr watched Coenaneth with eyes that told her nothing as she spoke, his pride forbade him to show too much of his true emotion,She would help it seemed.
"Thank you", he nodded a bow,"These soldiers, are they trustworthy enough not to suspect your reason for asking?"
Glyndr chewed thoughtfully on the knuckle of one finger, "Ryd?" He said quietly to himself.
The Ryd he knew he had met between punches in a brawl , this man put his own liking for ale and wine to shame,He was intrigued to find out if he would be in the honour guard .
He walked back to the building with the girl. "until tomorrow then" his bright eyes seemed to look straight through her. "Remember I shall grant you anything in my power,tell me your wish".
Glyndr left her there,to wander, he could not rest, his mind too full of the journey and the inevitable meeting with the Rohan king.
He spent the night in the stables, crosslegged on a straw bale,
Morning dawned, he waited for the others, he was ready to face whatever fate held in store for him.
ladyofthewood234
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2005 01:38
Coenaneth walked back to the building with Glyndr, thinking hard. She had no idea how she was going to find out what Eldarion knew--she'd have to settle with consulting Ryd and Aoife.

Ryd and Aoife. It seemed Glyndr knew Ryd, and she wasn't surprised. Ryd had once been a town drunk, and had probably fought Glyndr at some point.

Presently Coenaneth stepped back into her room and threw herself onto the bed. She forcefully shut her eyes, and was asleep in a few minutes.

The next morning she awoke and promptly walked down to where the guards were quartered. She beckoned to two of them--a tall, dark-haired man in a brown cloak, and a raven-haired young girl in a rust-colored dress. "Ryd, Aoife, c'mere fer a minute."

The trio walked out the door, and Ryd promptly began to speak. "Wha' issit, Coe?" he asked, and Coenaneth laughed.
"Well," she replied, "Prince Eldarion asked me if I mi' fin' some guards teh serve us on th' way teh Rohan, an' who better than you lot?"
Aoife laughed. "Seems more like an excuse to get us along with you."
"Yer skilled fighters," Coenaneth replied. "Also...'ey, d'yeh know anythin' 'bou' Eldarion knowin' somethin' 'bou' that Glyndr fella?"
Aoife frowned. "What do you mean?"
"D'yeh think 'e suspects anythin'?"
Ryd studied Coenaneth for a moment, then replied, "I fought Glyndr once. If you mean to ask if Eldarion knows anything about those days, I'd think not."
Coenaneth smiled. "Thanks, then. C'mon, we 'ave teh get you lot acquainted with our companions." With that, the trio entered the building in which everyone was housed, and waited for the rest of their entourage to wake up.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email