Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Yaviel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: ~*Roaming the Woods*~ (Note: Please keep it realistic, but HAVE FUN!!! Welcome to my first ever thre
on: February 21, 2005 08:36
Etteleni rode along in a dream. She was happy to have finally found some companions and happy that at last they were leaving the bog. She looked up into the trees as the wind made the leaves rustle and then looked at her companions. Both Rhuanion and Etearion were riding along side Laurelin and Etteleni grinned to see how Etearion blushed when Laurelin looked at him.
"I hope they don't fight over poor Laurelin or anything like that" she muttered quietly to Minuial.
Culfanion
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: ~*Roaming the Woods*~ (Note: Please keep it realistic, but HAVE FUN!!! Welcome to my first ever thre
on: February 21, 2005 12:56
The Elf's eyes shone with amusement at his own ridiculousness. His thoughts were scattered like windblown leaves and could not rest on any one subject. This was very unlike him. Usually he was at least moderately focused and did not let his mind wander in such a way. It was as if the fire of his fëa were being blown hither and thither ... Memories long forgotten. Chasing a fair maiden. The trees so old, like a green sea of a drifting weeds that had lain there for eternity ..

This wood was dark and moist and the air was absolutley thick with the aura of ... history. He could not describe it accuretely. It was as if time only passed within the bounds of this forest.

In death they are darkened, they drop their leaves
from blackened branches bled by Morgoth
and Ungoliant the grim the Gloomweaver.
In spider's form despair and shadow
a shuddering fear and shapeless night ..

But to him at least the trees did not seem evil. Watchful, rather. Cautious.

He released the reigns, and Mithrethel dropped back until she was trotting next to Nenndil's steed. His gaze softened as he watched the Elf play with his hair, a lovely dance of white fingers against black locks. A song rose in his heart, and a peace that he had not felt in many, many months. A small laugh escaped his lips, and he let his head sway slightly with the tune that desired release into song. He tipped his head back slightly and sang to the dark canopy. His voice was soft and low, demure as an Elven child.

"Ar lómelindë-lírinen,
entúlan yanna ettullen,
nu menel elentintaina,
hrívëo lómessë sina."

[And by the song of the nightingale
I return to whence I came
under the starlit heavens
in this winters evening]

For a moment all was still and quiet, and he merely let the taste of the words remain on his lips, savoring the old song. But to his ears there came the sound of .. creaking. Like wood being bent slowly. The leaves rustled but there was no wind. His eyes opened and he looked about the netted trees, alarmed, his heart thudding in excitement. His voice came out as an urgent whisper.

"Ela, my friends. Do you hear that?"

[Edited on 21/2/2005 by Culfanion]
Lady_Elbereth
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2005 01:04
((Heh, this will be interesting, will it not? XD WHAT WILL HAPPEN??? Well, see for yourself, silly! ))

Laurelin smiled and looked over at Rhuanion.
"Yes. I left a few days ago, with only Hawkrune to travel with..." she said as she pushed a lock of hair behind her ear then gave the shining jet black mare a pat on the neck.

She sighed in frustration at her hair as it kept falling infront of her face, and decided put two thin braids along both sides of her head and connected them at the back of her scalp to get it out of the way.

She looked at Rhuanion again.
"Oh! And yes I do live in Lorien!" she said, smiling, "I may have seen you around, but I'm not completely sure... oh and if any of you are hungry, I'll be happy to stop any time you all want! I think I've got a few rations of Lembas in here somewhere...enough to feed all of us, anyway!" she said as she began rummaging through the leather bags on her saddlehorn.

"Oh where ARE they??" she sighed as she pushed aside two canteens, a rolled up cloak, and a few other items.

She couldn't help but notice that Rhuanion had been shooting odd looks at Etearion, and wondered what was going on between the two.

Laurelin looked over at Etteleni and grinned, mouthing the words 'What's gotten into these two??' and pulled her hood over her head, stuffing her hair messily into the back of the cloak.

She tugged gently on Hawkrune's reins as the mare had started prancing.
"Hawk what's the matter with you?!" said Laurelin, sitting deep in the saddle and keeping her hands low. The horse hadn't been so jumpy until just now...

There was a crashing through the distant trees, and the creaking had gotten substantially louder since the last time Laurelin listened to it.

She looked from Etearion, to Rhuanion, to Nenndil and Etteleni as she said, "Did you hear that?" and then looked back ahead of her, peering through the large trees.

Laurelin had been very anxious to meet the Ents, for she'd studied them often and had waited for the day when she would wander into Fangorn and run into one...

"Ents..." said Laurelin under her breath, riding on with Etearion on her right, Rhuanion on her left, Etteleni on the right beside Etearion, and Nenndil on the left beside Rhuanion. She looked at them all, then looked up ahead...

There ahead of them, was the Entwash.

"Are those what I think they are??" muttered Laurelin as she spotted a few trees... that were walking, "Ents!" she said aloud.

((Okay! Elanor, yah wanted the Ents to come in, and i think it'd be fun to have them, so, have at it! ))
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 22, 2005 03:26
((ENNNNTS! ^^))

Nenndil also heard the creaking of wood, and started round, a wild smile on his face. "Ents!" He repeated. Losel whinnied and reared, taking Nenndil by suprise. He managed to stay seated, and started playing with the mare's mane, whispering to her. "Valar, Losel." He cursed. "I've wanted to see Ents since I can remember, and now you turn out to be scared of them." The horse seemed calmer now, so Nenndil rose a little, and kissed her muzzle.

"Maybe we should make our presence known to the ents." Nenndil suggested to the others. "I do not think that Losel would appreciate being trodden on."
Yaviel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2005 10:11
Etteleni stared in wonder.
"Ents!!" she whispered, "Wow!! My great-grandmother used to tell me about the Ents but i thought that they were just a bit of a travellers tale. I never thought i'd actually see any!!!"
Minuial pranced around and whinnied, catching Etteleni's excitement.
"And i agree with Nenndil, we should definitely make our presence known to them. I would not like to be stepped on!!!"

((This will be VERY interesting!!! ))
Lady_Elbereth
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2005 09:31
((Hey guys...this'll be my last post for the weekend. I'll be going on a trip and will not have access to the internet while I'm there. Now if you guys want to continue I have no problem with it but someone will have to update me on what's going on.
You guys can play Laurelin or I can pretend she went off on her own for a while or got lost or something, or you can pause the RP, or you can just keep going. But I figure I'll be back online on Monday, I may be able to get on tonight but I can't promise anything. so *hugs* and hannon le (thank you) very much everyone for posting at my first thread^_^ So I say, namarie for now, my friends, and may my trip be swift! ~Elle~)
Culfanion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2005 01:25
[ Well .. xD I don't want to let the thread die .. I mean, it won't, but I'd rather keep it from getting buried under a mountain of other threads. Plus I'm in the mood for a post. =p Let's keep it going, at least a little? Until Lady Elbereth gets back .. then we can *really* get into it again. Come back safe, Elle! ]

Intense were his eyes, ears alert to any sound however minute. He had never seen an Ent in his long life, merely old tales told by the folk of Imladris and Lothlorien. He never quite understood how they looked - if they were more tree-ish than human, or human than tree-ish. He had wandered for many years, and in the back of his mind perhaps he had always kept an eye out for hint or rumor. But until this moment naught a whisper of Ent or Ent-wife had come to the ears of the Sea-born Elf ..

The lyrical songs that had been running through his mind in a dreamy haze seemed to burst - and words unbidden slipped from his lips. It was a very old song, one that he had forgotten many years ago. His voice was soft and chanting, present yet remote, as if recalled out of the very air.

"Penyá untúptal ar heldevá palure im marah i nore
nin vaima nar narai ar untúp litharim oiomanar
im echú ingole nataina nin culle
si ..... el! I aldar gwinar!

[Barefoot and naked of breast
I mingle with the people of the world.
My cloths are dust laden and I am ever blissful ..
I use no magic to extend my life ..
now, before me, the trees become alive!]

Indeed, the trees seemed to come alive before their very eyes. First it seemed that the leaves rustled again, and the thatched canopy moved. A thousand dappled shadows of sudden light shone down on the leaf-strewn ground, dust wavering in air. The sinewy branch of a large grey-brown trunk moved into view, gently parting the netted trees before him .. what followed shocked the young Elf so much that he would never forget it.

The tree was alive! It was tall, very tall, so much so that the tips of its rough 'hair' (which seemed to stand on end like a wiry broom) brushed against the top of the canopy. It's legs were long as young trees, splitting into many toes that resembled roots. Its body was thick and covered in layers of dark colored, rough and furrowed bark. It's long limbs ended in knotty fingers, and from them extended dark green leaves that quivered in his movements. It's eyes were enormous and brown, shot with green.

He took immense strides, standing before them in mere seconds. Mithrethel neighed in an uneasy manner, tossing her head up and down and shifting her position. She wanted to dart away, and Eteärion could hardly control her. He leaned forward in his saddle, stroking the long neck in an attempt to calm her, but his eyes could look at nothing else but the creature before him.

A booming voice issued from what was apparently a mouth, hidden by rough strands of leaves and moss. It was low and gravelly, rumbling like the noisome distant growl of thunder. It contained curiosity, but also a hint of warning.

"Hmmmmm ... hrummmmm .. indeed ... Elven-folk, come wandering into my glen, so late in the day? .. Hmmm .. rhr-ummmm .. now why would you be here, in this place? This is not a place for Elves to wander .... Or are you tricks of foul Wizards in their lofty towers, come to draw me out with beauty bright? I shall not fall for such tricks, little phantoms .. "

He leaned forward to peer at them, eyes glinting dangerously.

[Edited on 25/2/2005 by Culfanion]
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2005 03:01
Rhuanion looked at the Ent and smiled.
'Please, Sir, Or what must I call you? We mean no harm, We just wish to travel through these woods.' Rhuanion bowed a little bit and smiled at the Ent.
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 27, 2005 01:18
((Be safe, Laurelin, and I hope you had a good trip.))

Nenndil glanced up at the ent, suddenly feeling short... so very small. He had always known that he was small, expecially for an elf, but at being towered over like this he began to feel smller then usual. He felt himself sit up straighter, as he unconciously tried to make himself bigger. Nenndil felt nervous and edgy; he realised his hand was resting on his quiver. Closing his eyes for a moment he focused on breathing, trying to calm himself down. As he did so he realised that Losel was shaking. He placed a hand on her neck, trying to reasure the horse.

Opening his eyes again, he looked up at the ent. Now he had calmed down he saw the being with awe. He started when the ent spoke, but then relaxed again.

Rhuanion replied to the ent, and Nenndil nodded his agreement. "We are no phantoms." He added to what his friend had said.

[Edited on 27/2/2005 by purplefluffychainsaw]
Lady_Elbereth
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2005 11:04
((I'M BAAAACK! ^^ and geuss what?? I got 3rd place in my division at the archery competition!! w00t!!!!))

Laurelin rode forwards a few feet and gazed up at the Ent.

"We are no phantoms, sir, we are naught but travelers, come to visit the Forest of Fangorn." she said, smiling.

Hawkrune's ears perked up as the Ent leaned forwards, and the horse backed up a few feet. Laurelin halted her and spoke a soft word in her ear, calming her down as they spoke with the Ent.

[Edited on 1/3/2005 by Lady_Elbereth]
Lady_Elbereth
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2005 02:43
((HEY Y'ALL!!!!!! I'm back from Nevada! now we can continue fully^^ yay!!)
Lady_Elbereth
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2005 03:47
Er... is anyone there? What I mean is, isn't anyone going to post here again? I missed yah, guys! I was off in Utah this past weekend, so I wasn't able to post... Hopefully the thread will keep going, though!!!!
Culfanion
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2005 07:52
( I'm still here. xD I thought the thread had died - plus I just haven't had much inspiration lately. Also, I'm not so good at playing Ents. xD But I'll try. *Hugs* And welcome back! ^^ Hope you had a good time in Nevada. :heart: )

The Ent merely blinked curiously at the group before him, and great bristly brows furrowed in deep thought. Indeed, they seemed real to him. As real as Elves could seem. They had always appeared as ethereal beings to him - half-illusion and half-dream, only the present beauty of the youngest of them rooting them in reality. He gazed away from them slowly, low murmurs issuing from a hidden mouth.

Hurooom ... hrrrmm .... bahroommm ...

His gaze rested on the Elven woman before him, looking for the face of the foul wizard. He tried to lift the intangible veil, to cast away the miasma of false beauty.

But it was real. There was no veil, no miasma. Her visage was one of sincerity and purity. His eyes traveled to each of the folk before him, judging them each and all with careful scrutiny. He straightened his back, humming deep in his throat. After a moment he nodded.

"Well, well, well ... I must ponder this for a while. I cannot say I do not believe you, but in these days it is not wise to trust even your own eyes. Therefore if you are truthfully Elves, forgive my suspicion."

He slowly lifted his head, raising his long leafy arms to the tree canopy above him, parting the woven branches. A beam of bright golden light shot through the air and dazzled his blinking eyes.

"Ahh yes. It is almost sunset now."

He looked at them curiously once more, lowering his arms again. The tops of the trees wavered for a moment then closed, and all became dark. It seemed he smiled at them with his eyes.

"Follow me. You appear as if you need some rest, and fresh water perhaps? These things I have much of. And if I find that you are Saruman's illusion, then there will be no leaving my wood."

He turned around and took a few long strides into the trees.

"But if you are the folk of the Elda, you shall all enjoy what comforts I can give you."

Eteärion's face was full of silent amazment. He did not appear to take notice of his comrades. Rather he urged Mithrethel forwards, the wary mare allowing this only because she smelled no danger from the moving tree - only strangeness.

[Edited on 8/3/2005 by Culfanion]

[Edited on 8/3/2005 by Culfanion]
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 08, 2005 05:27
Nenndil followed the ent, thinking carefully. He was curious about the half answer Eteärion had given him when he had questioned him on his past before; if the other elf knew something of his past then he wanted to know it, and soon. He had been travelling through the world for long enough, and he felt that he deserved to know.

But even as he thought this something pulled him back. A slight misgivings, a foreboding of sorts, but it had long been Nenndil's way to ignore such thoughts.

Nenndil looked up to the ent, trying to to move his thoughts on. He was in such a morbid state of mind lately, and he wasn't much impressed by that.

((My posts might be a bit thin on the ground for the while - I've been banned from the Internet. LOL, not that that ever stopped me! I'll re-appear in my soon glory sooner or later Also sorry if this makes no sense what-so-ever - writting at three in the morning isn't much good for the mind! Love, etc. Elanor xxx))
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2005 01:46
Rhuanion followed the Ent towards a huge cave entrance. Inside was a small waterfall. There was also a big table with large plates on it. What was on the plates, Rhuanion could not see. 'How will you be able to know that we are real?' He asked curiously to the Ent.
'Hrooom... Well... I Think I Have To Talk... Brooom.... With A Few... Other Ents... BaHroom.' The Ent said and he gestured them to sit down. 'If You Will All... Hrooom... Be So Kind... To Wait For Me Here... Braroom... Then I Will... Come Back Soon...' And with that the Ent left them, and he walked of, away from the cave.
'So, We will just have to wait till he returns? What are we going to do with the time? I have hear Ents talk very slow when they are talking together...'
Yaviel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 02:45
((Sorry i haven't posted for ages!!!! Even if it's a bit late, i hope you had a good trip Laurelin!!!!! ))

Etteleni followed her companions as they went with the Ent. The Ent had said there was food and drink waiting and she thought of this with pleasure. It had been ages since she had last eaten.
"Horses are so much better equipped for travelling" she thought "They can eat grass!!!!"
She rode up to her companions.
"It will be good to have a rest from travelling, won't it?" Etteleni remarked to no one in particular.
Just then they came to huge cave and as they entered, Etteleni heard the sound of a small waterfall somewhere inside. She also saw, in the dim light, a table laid and ready.
"I wonder if the Ents eat?" she muttered quietly to herself "And if they do, what do they eat?"
Lady_Elbereth
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2005 12:15
((Hehe..Yep! Had a very good trip! Two of them, in fact! One to Nevada, and one to Utah! Both of which were extremely fun! Glad to be back! -Elle-))

Laurelin gazed around the massive cave and had dismounted Hawkrune, now leading her by the reins of her bitless bridle. She wondered how long it would take for the Ents to speak together, for she had learned they took their time to say things.

She walked over to the waterfall and sat at the base of it, brushing the surface of the water gently with her fingertips.

"Well...at least we've a nice place to wait!" she thought aloud, rummaging through her pack and finding what she was looking for, "Anyone for something to eat?" she offered, bringing out a few wrapped slices of Lembas.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2005 12:43
Rhuanion smiled and said:'I would like some, If you have enough offcourse.' He was handed over a piece and he bowed his head slightly. 'Thank you.' He sat on a rock outside the cave, waiting for the return of the Ent, while listening to the sound of the forest and its birds and trees and the waters.
Culfanion
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2005 01:48
[Whuups, my bad. xD I've been absurdly busy what with work and running around and having company. But now hopefully I'll have a little more free time to post? ^^ *Luff*]

At the entrance of the cave Eteärion dismounted with a slow caution, for although he was amazed by the sight of a walking, talking tree - he was also apprehensive. Eteärion could not claim to be an expert when it came to reading Ent emotions - but the living tree did not appear extremely concerned if they were one or the other. More like he simply wanted to know. Apparently the Ent did not fear them at all.

He followed the creature past dark trees, and suddenly came to what looked to be a wall of broad leaves and thickly netted ferns. The Ent turned to look at them, eyes shining. He then pressed forwards and to all seemed to disappear into the vegitation.

The Elf's lips parted in a sigh of surprise as he realized there was a cave beyond the growth. He gingerly pushed it aside and took a step forward.

It was not dark and dank as one would expect a cave to be. Rather it was expansive and light, though the source of this soft illumination could not readily be discerned. It seemed that the very walls glowed with some ethereal shimmer, golden and silver all at the same time. Once and a while he perceived a flash and a glimmer as of stars embedded on the smooth stone walls, catching the light and throwing it in a rainbow of marvelous colors. He heard the trickle of a clear waterfall, and the sound of flowing water - a fairer sound he had never heard.

He felt he had stepped into a waking dream. His eyes seemed to glimmer with a hue of deep blue for the diffusion and radiance of the cavernous hollow - and his pale visage shone with utter wonderment. He reached blindly for his mare, touching her mane and leading her along. When he had taken several steps he halted, eyes wandering to the vaulted ceiling. Clear as water turned solid, great crystals jutted out from the roof. He could actually see a distorted image of himself and his friends mirrored in the smooth side of one of the largest. He laughed - he was truly a mess. He looked down at his leggings and boots, caked with the muck of the swamp.

.. "Ed' i'ear ar' elenea!" [By the sea and stars!"]

The Ent had now left them, and he watched as leafy limbs disappeared behind the lush green curtain. Mithrethel shook her head, whinnied softly, and looked to the ground. The grass seemed to cease growing halfway into the cave. She flicked an ear, turned right around and without a second look nudged her way past the vegetation, going in search of a more hospitable accommodations. He smiled at her and then turned to look at his companions, or at least the ones that remained in the cave. They seemed to him part of the dream, insubstantial and remote, as if a great expanse of time passed between him and them. Their skin shone and glittered with the same pale luminosity as the light itself. They appeared as living images out of an old book perhaps, ancient and beautiful, majestic even. Yet he looked at his white arms and saw the same might be said of him.

Nenndil again captured his attention. His fairness was still vibrant, despite the filmy transparent light. He realized that behind the Elf's alabaster complexion was a thinly veiled hint of troubled thoughts, indifferent to the present. Eteärion suddenly felt a pang of guilt. He had hinted to Nenndil that he knew about something important about him - and yet had not explained further for his own inattentivness and the appearance of the Ent. But he was a young distractable Elf, and not wise enough to deeply comprehend and forsee these things.

"Forgive me, mellon. Now is the time for tale-telling. I shall not withhold anything you wish to know. I did not know if this matter was so near to your heart .. "

The Elf and his black locks shone strangely, and without thought Eteärion reached forward to touch the strands. He realized this would look unseemly. But he was indeed lost in a dream.

"Aiya .."

[Edited on 22/3/2005 by Culfanion]
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 22, 2005 08:27
((Look on the bright side, me love, at least you didn't have two coursework deadlines and a drama performance on the same day... JEEZ! Anywho, I am also baaaack.))

Nenndil caught the older elf's hand as it crept toward his hair, and smiled, lightly.

"I would know all you could tell me." He replied, trying to remain still. His heart was beating so fast, both at the thought of the knowledge of his past being so close at hand, and... something else. The darker mood from earlier had passed, and Nenndil was himself again, joyful and light, and he wanted to dance and sing, although he knew that now was not the time or place. He noted that Eteärion seemed as though he was about to speak, and silenced him swiftly with a movement of his hand. "Lets go a little way from the others first." Nenndil suggested, and started to move towards the waterfall.
Lady_Elbereth
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2005 09:59
Laurelin sat at the base of the waterfall, leaned up against a rock, seemingly deep in thought.
'Nothing's changed, then...' she mused to herself, knowing all too well that she could almost always be found sitting and thinking...

Laurelin brought out a worn leatherbound travel-sized book and a quill and ink well from her pack. She opened the book to a certain page and started writing an entry in elvish script, finished the page a while later, and tied the bonds of leather that kept the journal closed. She tucked everything back in her pack and got up.

She strode to the opening of the cave and stood leaning on the rock wall, arms folded, as she gazed out of it, leaning her head back on the solid rock wall behind her. The elf took a small bite out of a piece of Lembas she'd brought out from her shoulder pack and slid down to sit on the stone floor, pushing the hair from her eyes.

She set the leaf-wrapped Lembas down on the ground and began re-doing the thin braids along the sides of her head and connected them at the back of her head.

Laurelin gazed outside, one leg outstretched and the other drawn up to her chest as she set her chin on it, watching Hawkrune right outside as the mare grazed peacefully..

((Welcome back, y'all! Good to have you back again! And it's good to BE back, as well. ))
Culfanion
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2005 01:10
Eteärion did not readily let go of the hand - rather he let Nenndil choose his own moment to disengage. It was soft and warm and smooth. Rather unlike his own as of late. The touch though brief was enough to leave him feeling somewhat flustered. He knew he was blushing.

The Elf smiled softly towards his companions before turning and following Nenndil further into the cave. At the very back of the cavernous room was a waterfall and small stream of clear water which pooled for a moment before trickling away out of a small crevice. When they reached the edge the Elf kneeled before it, leaning forwards. He let his fingers dance across the surface. Ripples radiated outwards, obscuring the incandescent reflection ..

He removed his quiver from the belt around his waist and unclasped Nárrussë and Artathren from his back, laying them carefully aside. He then removed his black leather greaves and the delicate leather strips that twined around his fingers to protect them from bowshot. He unpinned a cranberry red tunic, slipping it off and revealing a surprisingly clean undershirt of some shimmery gold material. Muddy boots were kicked off and washed until he could once again see the fine gold tengwar script. His black leggings he could do not much for, as he was in the presence of ladies. Rather he washed the cloth around his lower legs until the dirt had more or less fallen off. Fingers unwound the braid that flowed down his back, and all of his auburn hair was gathered over one shoulder. Perhaps he would get a chance to wash it too?

"Ah. Much better."

He looked sidelong at the Elf next to him, looking apologetic.

"My mellon. I do not know where to begin. I must first tell you that I was indeed born in Mithlond. I lived there not long as the Eldar reckon it, thirty-odd sunrounds, but it was enough to .. "

He stopped and looked up at him. There was a softness to usually keen eyes, now thoroughly dark blue. His expression was impossible to divine.

"Perhaps I should start by asking what exactly you wish to know?"
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 23, 2005 07:37
Nenndil sat down by Eteärion and pulled off his boots, and pulled off his various weapons, before resting his chin on his knees and wrapping his arms around his legs.

"I know not what to ask." Nenndil replied. "I just want to know. I've been without a past for...so long." He paused for a moment, looking down at his feet. "Just anything you can tell me... please." He added quietly, almost in a whisper.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2005 07:00
Rhuanion smiled at Laurelin when she came into view. Then he looked back at his clothes. Luckily there was some sort of waterfall thingy not so far. He looked back at Laurelin. She was writing something. He smiled again, blushing slightly, and walked a few metres away.
Then he unbuckeled his sheathed sword, got off his bag, unbuckeled his two long knifes and got is boots off. He sighed and felt lighter than he had been in a long time. First he tapped off all the dried mud of his boots, and then cleaned them with water. then he tapped the mud off his dark green leggings. He folded his cloak and stuffed it in his back.
Then he buckeled eveything up again and he got his bag in his hands.
He walked back, with clean boots and less dirty clothes. Laurelin was now braiding her hair. Rhuanion followed her example and braided his small braids to behind his ears.
'So mylady, do you have friends elsewhere but Lorien? I have a few friends, they do not all live in Rivendell, so that gives me reason to travel even more, do you travel often?' Rhuanion asked so Laurelin could hear him.
Yaviel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2005 09:38
Etteleni sat on the ground of the cave with her back resting on a wall. She watched her companions lazily. Minuial was wandering around, nosing the floor for something to eat. As Etteleni's eyes travelled on to her mare, she noticed how dirty they were. Her boots were caked in mud from the bog and Minuial's once white coat was now brown. She stood up slowly and began to scrape the mud off Minuial with her fingers. After a few minutes she realised that this was never going to work and looked around for something else to use. There was a waterfall in the cave but Etearion and Nenndil were by it and she didn't want to disturb them.
Then she saw a small trickle of water, too small to be called a stream, running along the wall from the waterfall. She led Minuial over to it and began to clean the mud off her.
When she had finished she let Minuial go and cleaned her boots, but, after looking at the rest of her clothes, decided there was nothing she could do about them and that trying to wash them would just smear the mud around even more. She went back to the place where she had been sitting before and leant against the wall. Her thoughts drifted on to the Ent and she resolved that when she could she was going to learn more about them.
"Or maybe i'll just ask someone about them" Etteleni thought sleepily.
Lady_Elbereth
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2005 10:08
"So mylady, do you have friends elsewhere but Lorien? I have a few friends, they do not all live in Rivendell, so that gives me reason to travel even more, do you travel often?" Rhuanion asked so Laurelin could hear him.

Laurelin had finished rebraiding her hair and looked up at Rhuanion, a small smile dancing across her lips as she shifted position slightly.

"Aye, I do," she answered, "some in Lorien, most in other places. I've only been to a few places just yet. Rohan, Rivendell, the Shire...Gondor..." she trailed off, smiling at the memory of all the places she'd visited, how glorious they were...

She then remembered she had been speaking to Rhuanion and snapped back to reality. Her dark brown gaze drifted around the cave and rested to lock with Rhuanion's for just the smallest moment before darting away hastily, just feeling the color creeping up into her face.

She observed Hawkrune next, who had found a nice place to graze just outside the cave. The black mare had been untacked by her rider, and stood saddle and bridleless, idily ambling about until she stopped at Laurelin and sniffed at the elleth lightly in greeting...

"Suilaid, Hawkrune mellon nin..." Laurelin said softly with a laugh as she stroked the mare's neck gently and watched as Hawkrune moved on to find more grass...

Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2005 03:15
'I have been in Gondor, Rohan, Ithilien and offcourse Lothlorien. Most of my friends I have met in Rivendell.'
He saw her blush, so he looked away at her horse, meaning not to make Laurelin feel uncomfortable. Seeing her horse made him think about his own. He looked around if he could see Miriel. She was grazing not so far away from the group.
'Did you have your horse for a long time? I have got Miriel for three years now.'
Lady_Elbereth
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2005 01:22
Rhuanion had apparently saw Laurelin blush, and she looked back at him as he asked her about how long she'd had Hawkrune.

"I've had her for about 6 years..." she replied, smiling and looking back at Rhuanion, "...I had her mother before her, and then her mother had her...Rogue was a great horse. Tall, graceful, of a darker bronze color."

Hawkrune sniffed at Laurelin as the mare walked over to her and layed down in a small patch of sun, resting her nose on the ground as she fell into a doze.

"Hawk's father was my brother's, he was a large black stallion." Laurelin said, running a hand along the crest of Hawkrune's mane, "His name was Goliath, because of his size. I suppose he's where Hawk got her size and color...her personality was Rogue's, though...sweet and calm as could be, but with a fiery temper."

Laurelin turned back to rest her gaze on Rhuanion, smiling and laughing lightly.
"I'm rambling, am I not?" she said, "I apoligize if I was...I get going on talking about a subject of interest to me and I can't stop." she said, smiling and realizing she hadn't looked away, but didn't actually care...though Rhuanion might, she thought.
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2005 11:30
Rhuanion smiled. 'You're not, I can talk much too, though it does not happen very often. I found Miriel when she was small and I raised her, sort of. When my old horse died she was eager to do his job. She is calm most of the time, but when a fight is near she hides or she will run around.' He smiled and looked at his mare who was peacefully grazing. He suddenly though of a merry hobbit song. He began to hum it first, but he couldnt help to sing it softly.

"Oh you can search far and wide,
You can drink the whole town dry,
But you'll never find a beer so brown,
As the one we drink in our hometown.
You can keep your fancy ales,
You can drink them by the flagon,
But the only brew for the brave and true,
Comes from the Green Dragon!"
The musical sound of his voice faded away and he smiled.
He doubted that much elves sang it, but he liked that song.
'I am sorry, I got sort of carried away by the tune. Do you have a favourite song?'
Yaviel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2005 02:59
((Hi, I hope it's ok if I bring an Ent or two back in!!!))

Etteleni woke with a start.
"Oh, I must have fallen asleep" she thought, "i wonder what time it is"
She looked up at the gleam of sunlight coming into the cave and decided it was sometime in the afternoon. After standing up, she stretched and walked to the cave entrance. As she moved, a deer jumped out of the bushes in front of her and leapt away. Etteleni smiled. The forest was very quiet and all she could hear was the quiet voices of the people in the cave.
Then there came a loud rustling and one of the trees began to move. Etteleni stared for a moment then grinned. It looked like the Ents were finally back. The Ent regarded her slowly for a moment but then seemed to lose interest. It moved off in the direction of the cave but remained outside. Etteleni, seeing no reason to stay out went back into the cave and sat down again, making sure that she could still see the Ent.
"I wonder if they still think we are phantoms" she whispered to Minuial, who had wandered up beside her in search of food.
Lady_Elbereth
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2005 11:09
(Huh..decided to check back on me old thread teh see if it was still alive. ^_^ *posts something*)

'Do you have a favourite song?' Rhuanion asked Laurelin after he'd finished the song.

Laurelin smiled and nodded gently as she looked back up at Rhuanion.
"Actually, yes I do... it was an elvish lulliby that my mother sang me when I was young..." she answered, smiling more broadly now. Her eyes lighted up as she remembered the song and began softly humming it.. (I don't know any elvish lullibys, or I'd type it in...)

Hawkrune lifted her head slightly to look at Laurelin as she softly sang the elvish lulliby.. the elf stopped short and smiled embarrassedly, opening her eyes to look back at Rhuanion as she did so.

"I'm sorry, mellon nin.. I get caught up in memories when I sing that song..." she said softly, fingering a silver ring on her right index finger. She looked back up at Rhuanion, smiling as she did so, and then turned to look at Hawkrune, who had now stood and ambled her way over to her elven friends for a visit, and possibly some sort of treat...

[Edited on 26/5/2005 by Lady_Elbereth]
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2005 12:48
'It's allright. I get caught by songs too sometimes.' Rhuanion said and he smiled. He saw her ring and asked: 'Who gave you that? It is a nice ring.'
Lady_Elbereth
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2005 08:29
"My parents and younger brother. They gave it to me before I left to travel...a memory of them, you could say. Not that I would forget them...ever..." Laurelin replied, smiling distantly as she gazed at the silver elvish band.

((Yay! I'm glad this thread hasn't died. I'd been having fun ^_^ donno about y'all, but I was! )
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2005 10:56
[though i think we 2 are the only ones left remembering this thread ]

Rhuanion smiled. 'I'm glad that you have family. My parents sailed west a few years ago.' He showed his necklace, wich had a blue pendant hanging from it. 'I got this from my parents, I dont have any siblings.'
Yaviel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2005 10:44
((Wow, i'm really glad this thread isn't forgotten!!! It's so much fun!)

As Etteleni sat with her back against the wall, she looked over at Laurelin and Rhuanion. Her eyes caught a flash of silver on Laurelin's finger and she smiled to herself. Her aunt would have spotted that immediately, as she loved silver things. Etteleni sighed. She even missed her aunt, whom she had hated.
As Etteleni daydreamed about her family, Minuial came up beside her. Etteleni got up and stretched.
"Maybe i'll go for a ride" she thought.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email