Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post In the Winter... (free for all!)
on: April 29, 2005 10:57
(OOC: Its Narmion! He's been taken prisoner and its during winter.... and thats about the only scipt I have. join, if you have any ideas or want to be the bad guy/girl! ^_~ as always, please no 2 sentence posts! if no one joins soon I'll delete this so as not to take up room.. )

The air was bitterly cold, as it usually is during winter. It blew into the cave, tearing at Narmion's hair and biting his senses. Only a few hours had passed since he'd been brought here, but he already felt that he would go stir-crazy from being inclosed. They had taken his weapons from him shortly after shooting their sleeping-darts, though, and he was still too drugged to try an escape.
Bloody things. He thought, and unconciously massaged the small bump on his arm where the needle-point had entered. That was the only wound he'd recieved, save for a small cut on the head from falling.
It had been a routine scout; he had been checking the area for his small scout-group, when it had happened. Narmion was still unsure about who had attacked him....
A guard was set at the mouth of the cave, and the elf got some satisfaction from knowing that one was getting the cold face-first. But the chill wind still wound around and found its way into the confines of his coat, making him shiver.
Suddenly, a figure walked into the small area where the elf was sitting. The figure was shadowed, though, and wrapped heavily in furs. He/she drew out a blade and sat in a makeshift chair on the other side of the small area, eyeing Narmion with smiling eyes. There was a long silence, and his heart pounded with anticipation, but nothing happened.
"What do you want?" The elf finally asked, being irritated and in no mood for games.

[Edited on 29/4/2005 by dreamdancer]

[Edited on 29/4/2005 by dreamdancer]

[Edited on 30/4/2005 by dreamdancer]

[Edited on 1/5/2005 by dreamdancer]
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: In the Winter... (free for all!)
on: April 30, 2005 05:27
The guard paused for a second, staring doubtfully at the Elf. "Shut it pointy ears," he growled, "Save it for your new buddy." And at this something large and bearded was thrown into the room, growling as it went. It sailed majestically through the air, and crashed gracfully onto the cave floor, opposite the Elf.

An axe was thrown in after it. "Here, catch this short stuff," came a cruel laugh.

The dwarf hurried over to retrieve his weapon, snarling curses upon the guard as he did so. As he bent over to pick up the axe, a large and heavy pack sailed through the air and knocked him over.

"You can have this too!"

The dwarf reached into his pack and began ferriting around.

"Damn Men, they've taken my gold. Thieving sons of dogs, I'll kill them. I swear."

Taking out a long pipe, he reached into a pouch on his belt and taking out some pipe weed and flint, he began drawing on it.

This particular dwarf, was not of noticable appearence, he pocessed a large bushy beard, like all of his kind. The worn travel worn clothes, weather stained, and over these a short, stout shirt of chainmail. About him was swathed a thick cloak, damp from the flurry of snow. As he sat againist the wall, smoking away, he suddenley became aware of the Elf in the cornor.

"What are you looking at?"

(ooc - time to try something different!)

[Edited on 30/4/2005 by LoremasterMiar]
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2005 08:11
((ooc: I'm trying out a new character - Telerea, she's in the database. Hope she'll fit...))

Before the elf could answer, the guard came in again, this time dragging in a girl, recognizable as an elf by her pointy ears.
Without another word he pushed her twoards Narmion and the dwarf, throwing a staff in after her.
Carefully she raised herself her hands held in front of her, feeling for something in the air.
Then she suddendly stopped. "What is this place?", she said in a low voice, more to herself than to anyone present. It seemed like she had not noticed the presence of the others. Then she remained very still for a while, as if listening for something. "Please," she said aloud, "I know there is someone else here. Could you hand me my staff?"
She continued to take some unsure steps in the direction of the two others, still feeling for something in the air.
"Please," she said again, pleading with whomever was in the room.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 30, 2005 05:42
"Yes, there are two of us."
Narmion glanced at the dwarf again, then stood and retrieved the staff, putting it in the she-elf's hands. She was blind, obviously, and he inwardly cursed anyone for taking advantage of that. Standing silently for a moment, he rubbed his hands together for warmth. The one who had come in with the sword was gone once more.
"I suppose we should introduce ourselves, since we are all in the same mess. I am Narmion. Come, lady, sit down."
He guided the elleth and sat her in the sheilded place he had been in, then turned to the dwarf who was puffing furiously on his pipe. The elf disliked the smell of the plant burning, but he said nothing of it.
"Master Dwarf, do you know anything of those who hold us here?"

(OOC: hey yall, welcome and thanks for coming!)
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2005 10:18
"Thank you," Telerea took her staff and a sudden change was visible. Where there had been insecurity a moment ago nothing of that sort remained. Nevertheless she let herself be led to a sitting place.
I suppose we should introduce ourselves, since we are all in the same mess. I am Narmion.
Telerea nodded at Narmion and managed a smile. "I am Telerea. And you, Master Dwarf? I guessed a dwarf was here, I can smell a pipe..." Despite herself she had to grin.
"Well, this is a pretty mess we are in," she started, maybe just for conversation's sake. "Narmion, do you know where we are?"
She sivered, only now noticing the cold. She touched her shoulder - no wonder her coat was gone.
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 02, 2005 01:56
[OOC: hi... decided to try out my new character... She's not in the db yet but I shall try to remedy that once exam week is over...]

WHY?! Why was this happening to her? She hadn't done *anything* to *anyone* - she had just been passing through!

Bronwe struggled as the hefty guards bodily heaved her into the cave, causing her to land with a thump on the sandy floor. She was a slight elf, looking to be the equivalent of 15 in human years, with pale blond tresses and purple eyes.

Valar! It was cold! Bronwe groped around for her cloak, then realised the guards had taken it.

//Damn//

[OOC: And by the way Bronwe is mute - she won't talk. Will explain more later.]

[Edited on 2/5/2005 by Sirithros_Lirenel]
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 02, 2005 10:40
"No my good elves, I'm afraid I cannot. Please excuse my previous gruffness, but I was ambushed by these bandits. I was travelling south along the great road, on the way to see my kin in the mines there. When the blizzard set in I took shelter in a nearby wood. As I slept that night, these cowards surprised me, bound me and brought me here. I killled two for their insolence, before they could restrain me. But they have taken my gold, my hard earned wealth. And I intend to make these dogs pay for that insult. Might I propose that we join forces to escape this place?"
Elven~Princess
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 02, 2005 11:01
"Don't bother." A deep voice sounded through the quiet of the cave.

"You are all wondering why you are here. Simple: You have all tresspassed in the realm of the Harishem Clan. But I shall be very surprised if you have ever even heard of us." With a laugh, the stranger left.

(OOC: The Harishem are just a small clan from Harad. Any more you will have to figure out on your own. Does anyone object to being so far SOuth in ME? If so please let me know)

[Edited on 5/3/2005 by Elven~Princess]
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 02, 2005 12:09
(OOC.-- would it be snowing so far south? maybe the harad clan has moved further north for some reason- maybe because of the thread of a clan in their homeland. *shrugs*)

"Narmion, do you know where we are?"

"I do not, lady. I was.. indisposed.. on my way here, so I remember nothing. In a cave is all I can say.."

Another she-elf was suddenly pushed into their small quarters, and she hit the ground hard. Before Narmion could help her up she was up, and reaching for a cloak that wasnt there.
"They captured you too, eh?" he offered, but she made no reply.

".....I killled two for their insolence, before they could restrain me. But they have taken my gold, my hard earned wealth. And I intend to make these dogs pay for that insult. Might I propose that we join forces to escape this place?"

The dwarf finally spoke. Narmion was not fond of people of that race, but he had no choice in the matter it seemed.
"If you have a plan of escape, please let me in on it. I have been here for nigh to an hour, though, and I have seen no way out that is not heavily guarded."

"Don't bother." A deep voice sounded through the quiet of the cave.

"You are all wondering why you are here. Simple: You have all tresspassed in the realm of the Harishem Clan. But I shall be very surprised if you have ever even heard of them.

The one who had brandished the blade earlier had returned.
Narmion was irritated now.
"We did not know it was your land- and this land has long gone without claim by anyone. What right have you to claim it? There is no way for us to get from one place to another without crossing it-- if you wanted land you have chosen a bad place!"
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 02, 2005 01:05
"They captured you too, eh?"

Bronwe was panicking. There were too many people here. She was claustrophobic. THERE WAS A DWARF TOO.

She was forcibly reminded of that winter years ago when a band of Haradrim slave-traders, seeking to add something "exotic" to their bounty, had killed all the family she had and taken her for her novelty value as an elf and her strange purple eyes.

Backing against the nearest wall for the scant security it offered, she gestured with her hands, trying to make them understand she couldn't speak.
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2005 12:16
"We did not know it was your land- and this land has long gone without claim by anyone. What right have you to claim it? There is no way for us to get from one place to another without crossing it-- if you wanted land you have chosen a bad place!"

"Indeed, I agree. But I think that this is not the time for argueing," the dwarf at last broke his silence, "So, I propose that we all pull together and get out of this place. I for one do not intend on sticking around to find out what these people want with us. By the way I am Thrain, son of Borin, of the House of Durin. And I am at your service my dear Elves."

Then extinguishing his pipe Thrain moved to the centre of the room, and bowed in the dwarven fashion to the assembled Elves.

[Edited on 3/5/2005 by LoremasterMiar]
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2005 01:21
"I agree with you, matser dwarf", Telerea said slowly. "But tell me, what can we do in our present situation, because, forgive me for saying so, but I am not much of a fighter. So if you three, for I believe there was someone else thrown into this - cave, are up to fighting, I'll do my best to help and stay out of the way."
In this situation she could not help being sarcastic. How much strength did they think they had. This cave seemed to be well guarded and without their cloaks they would not survive outside, even if they managed an escape.
"Who are you?" she asked gently in the direction where she thought the third person had been thrown. Recieving no answer, tried again. "Don't be shy, nobody of us will do anything to you..."
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2005 10:50
Bronwe was almost taken in by the friendly voice, but at the last moment, recoiled.

//Fool! Remember what they did to you? And Daernaneth? Nobody would truly be friendly. They might hurt you again. They only seek to use you for their own good.//

//But they are elvenkind too! Surely others of your own race would be more kindly disposed than some dark Haradrim slave traders...//

//See? You trust too easily. That was what lead to them killing Daernaneth in the first place. Will you ever learn?//

She was confused. Frightened and confused. Frightened and confused and miserable. Wouldn't they just ever leave her alone?

And yet, almost against her will, Bronwe felt herself drawn out of the shadows towards the scant warmth offered by other living beings.
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2005 02:36
Thrain watched this creature with great interest, he thought that this elf behaved more like a frightened beast than one of the Firstborn. But he made no move to approach, he knew better than to get involved. So instead he turned his attention to the matter at hand.

"I do have an idea, but it is risky. There is a river, some five leagues south of here, I guess, though I do not rightly know where we are. I came down from the north earlier in autumn, by boat. I hide the vessel there, so I would have a means of returning home quickly before the winter set in. It is only a small vessel, but it can hold many people, at least our number. I would propose that we break out from there, obtain the vessel, and sail southwards to milder climates. But of course, first of all we have to escape from here, and I can't do that alone. What do you say, are you with me?"
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 04, 2005 07:14
"...What do you say, are you with me?"
"I'm with you. But how do we get out of this wretched place?" Narmion stood and walked a few steps to where the silent she-elf was. Why was she so frightened?
"You really have nothing to fear from us. We've all been thrown together against our will, but we mean you no harm. You must trust us in order to get out... if we can get out."
He cast another look at the dwarf.
"They returned your axe to you, and that elleth's staff. I have no idea where my sword is. One of them probably kept it for their own- it was an exquisite weapon..."
Elven~Princess
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2005 05:41
Kadin was bored. He had been given the dull task of sorting through the various items the prisoners had on them.
"why couldn't we have left them?" He thought. "If anyone discovers they are missing, especially if they thought they would be near the Southern edge of Middle Earth, then our plan is shot. If it is known where we are going, surely someone must guess where they are headed."

Kadin picked up the sword he wasn't supposed to take. They had no use for the prisoners, but if they knew that, then they would escape to alert someone before the plan can be carried out. Nonetheless, it was a cool sword. He then started playing with the cool elven sword he had taken. Unfortuanately, swords do not spin to well on their point. As the sword clashed to the ground, Kadin heard someone coming.
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2005 10:57
"You really have nothing to fear from us. We've all been thrown together against our will, but we mean you no harm. You must trust us in order to get out... if we can get out."

Valar! Wouldn't they stop talking as if they expected replies! Didn't they understand at all? She drew a finger across her throat, indicating the long, fine scar that marred her otherwise pale skin.

//I suppose it's my only chance for now. Once we get out of here, though...//

Bronwe fingered her small dirk (Scottish dagger thing. Or long knife, if you please. Actually, a cross between the two is more accurate.), which she always kept concealed up her long, wide sleeves, and drew the thin but sharp blade. The only hope she could see was that she was no stranger to bloodshed, and, with luck, the rest weren't too.
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2005 12:45
"Very well then," Telerea said. "I'll try my best to help you." Then she went in the direction of the stranger. Walking with her staff it was hard to notice that she was actually blind.

She had trained long and hard to be able to decieve people like that. But it only worked if she could use the staff to make shure she would not run into anything or anyone. Without it, she had to admit to herself she was helpless or at least dependent on other people's help.

Coming to a hold not far from the stranger she sensed fear, which she could not explain. She was certainly no danger...
Again she said softly. "Hello, I am Telerea. You need not be afraid. Won't you tell us who you are?" Long practice had taught her to speak directily to a person and to sense which way she had to turn. But her eyes never looked at anyone directly and that was when most people discovered that she was blind.

Still recieving no answer she carefully streched out her hand towards the stranger. She had to find out who it was. "May I touch you?" she asked carfully.
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2005 02:12
It was hard not to recoil. Long years with temperamental Haradrim slave-traders had taught her to get away fast whenever somone proceeded in her general direction purposefully. And yet she sensed something different in this individual, this Telerea. The eyes... they were staring, and strangely unfocused. She wouldn't be able to see the cut that marred her throat, that had taken away her voice.

It took nearly all of Bronwe's self control to allow Telerea's hand make contact with her own arm. She hoped the other elf would understand her silence and not mistake it for hostility - she didn't mean to offend anyone.

She was uncomfortably aware of the stares she was getting from the rest of the group.
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2005 03:08
Carefully Telerea touched the stranger. She started with one hand, feeling up the arm and toward the face. The other hand she held lightly in her hand. After a short while, she concluded that the slender hands and the delicacy of the face would mean that this person was female. The pointed ears showed her to be an elf. Carefully and slowly her fingers felt for every detail.
Finally she touched the throat, and felt ... a scar? Her fingers went over it again, tracing it in all its length. No wonder this girl had not spoken. She probably could not.
"You can't speak?" she asked aloud "Just squeeze my hand if I am right." she felt a light squeeze.
"Merciful Valar...., " she turned back to the others. "Are you still so sure we can escape - one blind, another not able to speak..." she shivered, then she added more to herself than to the others "What do they want with us?"
She let go of the girls hand. "Thank you," she said, "I wish you could tell me your name..."

[Edited on 6/5/2005 by Liswen]

[Edited on 8/5/2005 by Liswen]
Elven~Princess
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2005 10:23
"What are you doing?" asked the stranger that entered the room where Kadin was.

"Entertaining myself. What of you Cassain? You should still be on watch duty until midnight." Kadin replied.

"Really? my watch ends at midnight?" Cassain replied jokingly. When he saw the look his friend had, he laughed and said, "My watch was over an hour ago. I can't believe you are still here."

"I am here to guard the *prisoners* supplies. What Mahari is thinking I have no-"

"Shhh....do want Mahari to overhear, or worse Shahar who will turn us in to Mahari and makes it sound even worse than it is?" Cassain quickly said. then in a quieter tone continued, "I have no idea either. This is going to completely mess up our plans."

~)*)~*)~*)~*~)*~)~*)~*)~*)*~)*~)*~)*~*)

Ghazi listened quietly to the mindless escape plans of the prisoners. "What chance do they think to escape? A band of well trained elven warriors cannot escape, let alone an elf, a dwarf, a mute elf, and blind elf?"

He sat there counting the minutes until they had to start a war with a country and keep the powerful nation next door out of it. Yet, Mahari was willing to jepordize any hope of victory by kidnapping a few weary travelers who could easily warn any other land of their prescence a lot farther North than recognized by any but the conquered land they were on.

"Why did Mahari have to be the only tribe leader who did not support rule of a different clan.....every other tribe had submitted to the request, and now, now they were stuck, in the snow, trying to take on some of the greatest powers in Middle Earth...the element of surprise was all they had, and that was currently being compramised...."
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2005 10:31
Bronwe felt the first stirrings of anger. Just because she was mute and didn't have a big liking for other living souls did not mean she wasn't able to fight, or look after herself, for that matter. She had been on her own for years, now!

//If I could talk, there'd be a lot I'd be telling you now.//

She went back to checking her slim blade and glanced at the others with a "Well what are we going to do?" look.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 07, 2005 09:01
"We have no other choice," Narmion sighed, "Unless you want to sit here and wait to see what happens. I've known elves who were taken by an enemy, and none of them came out unscathed. She has a sword, so I assume she will fight. The dwarf has his axe. And I... well, I have my hands until I find a sword to hold in them. Either way, we should find a way to get out of here. One of us needs to sneak ahead and see what we can- perhaps the silent elleth will be more stealthy than I?"
He turned to her with a questioning look.
"That is, if you don't mind. If you do not want to put yourself in more danger, I will go and see what I can see."
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2005 09:25
"I've got a better idea you filthy, ignorant son of-" Torlith's words stopped abruptly, the beastly Southron grabbing him by the arm and jerking him from the cell.

"What were you about to say thief?" the Southron shot at him intimidatingly.

"Nothing. But I was about to rip your throat out had you not been accompanied by this clearly uneducated lackies of yours." Torlith was enraged, obviously. Anger was something he didn't deal with very well, nor controlling it.

"Fiery one you are. I'll give it a few days before your begging at my feet." A smirk formed across the Southron's face, but it was hidden by the vast amount of armor he wore.

"You keep telling yourself that. I'm afraid you'll end up very dissapointed." The Southron was practically infuriated by the man's insolence, but forced himself to let it pass.

"Anyways, your being moved to a different cell. We've got a whole new batch of prisoners for you to get along with." Torlith was more or less tossed into a new cell, a strange arrangement of captives within it's walls. The Harad men laughed heartily at the situation of the captives, not to mention the fact that they enjoyed setting their prisoners' tempers ablaze.

Torlith clenched his hand around a palm sized stone and launched it at one of the helmlet-less guards. The guard howled after it came into contact with his cheek bone. All the other guards broke into hysterical laughing. Little by little all guards had made their leave, heavy footsteps echoing through the corridor as they left.

".....You probably shouldn't speak amongst yourselves so loudly. I could hear it in my cell in the adjacent corridor. Sound echoes greatly between these walls. The guards have been on full alert ever since they nabbed all of you. Something's about to happen."
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2005 05:07
With a small nod, Bronwe slipped into the shadows once more, moving silently towards the entrance of the cave. She *was* scared, though in the present situation common sense had taken over. Besides, she knew how to sneak around. It had been a vital skill for survival in a slavemaster's home, especially for a young, still defenceless, and very much outcasted elleth.

But she didn't get very far before someone else was flung in, narrowly missing her as she shrank back against the wall. Bronwe's heart was pounding by now.

".....You probably shouldn't speak amongst yourselves so loudly. I could hear it in my cell in the adjacent corridor. Sound echoes greatly between these walls. The guards have been on full alert ever since they nabbed all of you. Something's about to happen."

Silently, she strengthened her resolve, and continued on her way to the entrance.

~*~

From what she gathered, these Haradrim were the Harishem clan, and they were about to go to war with another. A large rival clan, by the sound of it. Harishem was a very familiar name, now that Bronwe came to think about it, although she did not yet remember where to place them. It was her luck that she understood the language of the Haradrim; even better, the guards had been changed; now there was a small group of drunkards, bawdily and loudly talking. [OOC: I took it that the guards, with the exception of the ones Elven~Princess is playing, are free since noone else has taken them...]

"How long d'you *hic* think?"

"I dunno. They're talkin' a couple of days before all hell breaks loose."

"Then these?" he hiccupped and motioned in the vague general direction of the prisoners.

"Mahari's got special plans for them." (He grinned evilly.) "From what I hear, he thinks a few extra slaves - them elves, especially - will go down well as peace offerings. Those that aren't of the temperament... Remember what he did to the last lot we captured?"

His friend let out a roar.

"The uncooperative lot, y'mean? Oh that *was* amusing! He set them free alright! Free as the birds!"

They collapsed into raucous, sinister laughter.

Bronwe had heard enough. Quickly and silently as possible, she returned to the others. Now she'd have to figure out a way to communicate with them the terrible news she'd just heard.
Elven~Princess
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2005 05:22
OOC: Feel free to use any Harad member

A few minutes after Cassain and Kadin had started talking, Shahar entered. The two stood up immediate to pay respect to their superior.

"What are you two maggots doing?" Shahar yelled.

"We were just-" Kadin started

"Nevermind, that's not important. Both of you need to gather your cintecs and be prepared to leave in five minutes." Shahar interupted.

"Wait, I thought that Mahari needed both of our cintcs next week, my men are tired and Cassain's are...nevermind." Kadin said.

"Cassain, are your men all those stupid drunk guards that are SUPPOSED to be guarding the prisoners?" Shahar said in a nicer tone than he had been using. Cassain was at a loss of words. "Whatever you do, don't let Mahari find that out." Shahar advised.

~_~*_~*_~*_~*_~*_~*~_~*_~*~_*

Ghazi wasn't happy. He was one of the unlucky men from Cassain's cintec who had to bind the prisoners, and since he was a Cintèchub of the third cintec.

"All right everyone," he addressed the band of prisoners, "You can either cooperate and not beinjured, or you can attempt to resist....."

OOC: a Cintè is the leader of a cintec. A cintec is just a part of the army. a Cintèchub is just another leader under the Cinte. (the order of authority: Mahari, Shahar, Cintè, Cintèchub, and any other random thing I may think of)

[Edited on 5/8/2005 by Elven~Princess]
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2005 10:54
Telerea felt herself handled roughly. She tried to brush the hand away that took her arm, thereby she dropped her staff. "Stop," she said, the panic was audible in her voice. "My staff!"
But the guard disregarded her comment and dragged her along. She started kicking at him and putting her whole weight against his draw.
The guard stopped and hit her in the face, hard. Telerea fell to the ground, her mouth bleeding.
"Get up," the gurard said. Telerea struggled to her feet, waited a moment and tried to appear reallly weak. Then when the guard felt save and continued his way towards the entrance she just let herself dropp to the floor, draging the guard down with her. But the guard was back on his feet quicker than her and before she could do anthing there was another blow against her head. She screamed, but had no time to recover because a series of blows came down on her. She tried to shield her head, but not seeing where they came from she was hit quite a few times, not only in the head, but also in her stomack.
When it was all over she lay on the floor, crying softly and unable to get up.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 08, 2005 05:22
Narmion had been silent when the men had come in to bind them. He searched the shadows for the silent elleth, but he didn't see her anywhere. He hoped, for her sake and theirs, that she could remain hidden.
Suddenly, one of the men started treating Telerea roughly, and soon she was on the floor with blood trailing from her mouth.
"Get off!" Narmion angrily shook one of the men off of him, pulling away before any blow could be given and kneeling beside Telerea.
"We have no time for this!" One man said to another, but the elf ignored them.
"Can you stand?" He asked, wishing he had his sword. "I'm afraid you'll have to try it without your staff-- unless you want them to think you're weak, and I know you're not."
"Enough!" The man grabbed Narmion's elbow and yanked him to his feet. The elf gave the man a hard shove out of anger, and recieved a blow in the gut for his trouble, before his hands were pulled behind him and bound. He resisted the urge to spew a string of curses at their captors.

Any plans they had been hoping to make for escape were gone, now. And where were they being taken? The outlook was bleak...
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2005 02:47
Now while all of this had been going on Thrain had been quietly observing from the back. He had to admit it that the plan had been a good one, but as is usual with the Elves they had managed to screw the whole thing up. Now it was his turn.

With a terrible roar Thrain lept at the first guard, hacking his arm off. The second one lost his head, literally. And a third would definatley have trouble concieving in the future. The ground was now saturated with blood. Throwing the weapons of the the others, Thrain turned and called back.

"With me, we have a fight on our hand. Baruk Khazad!"
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2005 05:55
Telerea had managed to get to her feet. Narmion's words had helped her. She felt the guard's hand on her arm and felt the pull forward. Then, the pressure on her arm was gone and she could feel something wet on her dress.
"With me, we have a fight on our hand. Baruk Khazad!"
She could hear Thrain, the dwarf shout. She did not know where the girl was, or Narmion. She felt dioriented and she was scared. Her body was still acheing, but she ignored it. She tried to find out where everyone was, but at this momnets she could hear loud voices and people running. She stumbled backwards and luckiliy found herself against a wall. The only thing she could do now was wait and hope they would not forget her.
The running steps came closer and then she she knew they were must be in the cell....
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2005 01:10
Bronwe was glad she knew how to hide. The shadows and sandy cave walls provided more than one opportunity for her to stay hidden. Silent as ever, she followed the group, waiting for a suitable chance to reappear. As long as she stayed out of the cell, the others had a chance. She knew from experience she would be able to steal the key from the guards, if they had any. If they didn't, and they had guards with the ability to stay awake for long periods at a time... Well she'd come to that later.

//Isn't this just the way I got out of Harad all those years ago?//

She was starting to feel an overwhelming sense of deja-vu.

[Edited on 9/5/2005 by Sirithros_Lirenel]
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 09, 2005 02:13
(OOC: they're in a cave- so I guess its a cave thats been turned into a makeshift cell )

When the dwarf lept into battle, axe, swinging, Narmion was shocked by his boldness. In a few strokes three men were dead, including the one who had been binding the elf's hands. Struggling only a moment, he managed to get loose, then picked up the fallen sword of one of the Harad men.
"New plan, I assume?" He said as three more men entered the cell. Leaping forward, he tried the unfamiliar sword on one of them, and blood sprayed the air as that soldier fell. Another one had his legs hewn out from under him by Thrain, and Narmion killed the last one with one swing. Running to the door, he looked out.
"There's no one there- we need to take our chance."
He didn't know if Telerea would be able to run behind them with her staff, but he didn't want to take the chance. Stooping and lifting her staff, he put it into her hands and lifted her off of the ground with a quick 'Its me!" before noving out of their cell with the dwarf close behind. Where was the silent she-elf? He didn't know, but he hoped she was alive and that she would find them.
Elven~Princess
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2005 03:57
"Idiots!" A voice yelled from the entrance to the cell. The men quickly backed out. An attack had been expected by Cassain, but the stupidity of his men not to use the precautions made him angry. Half his cintec were slaughtered before he had realized their disobedience to follow orders, or rather, pay attention.

Quickly the last of the Haradrim made it out, but before the prisoners could take advantage of the sudden retreat, a poisonous fume was sprayed into the cell; not one that killed, but one that would make any who inhaled it uncounsious for a few hours. They had stronger gases of course, but it would be more to their advantage to simply knock them out and them tie them up and see what they did from there. The plan, after all, was not to kill them (at least not unless they gave them reason to) or even to sell them as slaves, only to see what they would do. The Harishem were at the moment observing what various races could and would do in various imprisonments, to see what would be the best for thier bigger plans....

OOC: there ya go, I finally figured out a purpose to having such a strange bunch of prisoners together captured by the Haradrim who are much further north than they should be.
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2005 12:37
"Indeed," Torlith said, watching in absolute amusement as the dwarf easily cleaved the three guards. The one called Narmion immediately armed herself with one of the Haradrim blades. Torlith followed example, carefully clenching the hilt of the Haradrim blade in his weathered hands. It felt light, too light. The caliber of the hilt was extremely low and the blade was obviously too thin. Chances that it was made by an actual, skilled, blacksmith were extremely partial.

The majority of them were swiftly into the dimly lit corridor, the dwarf stepping heavily along, anxious to meet the next enemy that would inevitably cross their path. This time, Torlith leapt at the enemy. He clashed his blade with the Southron's with a sharp clang of metal. Torlith threw his wait into his thrust causing the Southron to stumble back just in time to meet one mightly blow to the neck area. He hit the ground heavily. The commotion ended as they lifted their heads, noticing something strange in the air. It wasn't uncommon for Haradrim to use tricks such as gases to knock out their enemies and possibly kill them.

Torlith raised his head slightly, sniffing gently at the air. He caught an immediate scent and quickly covered his face with his hand. No doubt about it, it was some form of gas to leave them immobile, paralyzed.
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2005 10:37
Bronwe recognised the distinctive odour in an instant, and pulled a corner of her sleeve over her nose and mouth as a screen of sorts. The whole situation was so chaotic she realised it would be safer to lie low until the guards were distrcted or off, then she could make her move. This was one of the more simple tricks the Haradrim had; she for one knew a well-placed slap would suffice to bring its victims round, though they would be having a nasty headache for a few days afterwards...
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email