Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Amrod_Isilra
Council Member
Send Message
Post The New Doctor Who
on: May 30, 2005 11:01
Who is watching and enjoying the show thus far.

I'm loving it, but news to some is that Ecclestone is gone and Billie Piper (the lovely Rose) is set to be written out of the show in the second season. No time given yet for her departure as they are writting the story arc still.

So far favorite episode has to be "Father's Day"

Only time since Adric died that an episode has so gotten to me so completly.

j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The New Doctor Who
on: May 30, 2005 11:31
I've also been loving it. I think Ecclestone is a great doctor and piper has proven she can act.
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 30, 2005 11:34
I quite like it too. I think Ecclestone has done well portraying the Doctor, it will certainly be a shame to see him go. Although I'm sure David Tennent will do just as well in his place!

I didn't make much of Piper's acting at first but I think she has slipped into the role nicely
GrimaWormtongue
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 30, 2005 12:59
I love the new Dr Who - it's just as good as the old ones, I reckon.

As for favourite episodes, I'd have to say the last two with the little kid in the gasmask. How freaky was that!!!
I loved Saturday's ep though, and my favourite bit would have to be at the beginning -

Dr Who: Go to your room! Go to your room! I am very angry! I am very cross! Go. To. Your. Room!!
*weird gasmask people start walking away*
Dr Who: I'm glad that worked! They would have been the worst last words ever!

*lmao*
Amrod_Isilra
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 30, 2005 07:26
I love the new Dr Who - it's just as good as the old ones, I reckon.

As for favourite episodes, I'd have to say the last two with the little kid in the gasmask. How freaky was that!!!
I loved Saturday's ep though, and my favourite bit would have to be at the beginning -

Dr Who: Go to your room! Go to your room! I am very angry! I am very cross! Go. To. Your. Room!!
*weird gasmask people start walking away*
Dr Who: I'm glad that worked! They would have been the worst last words ever!

*lmao*

Indeed great words on that show .

Wea re delayed by two weeks in Canada and our broadcast day is Tuesday , tommorow I'll be seeing "The Empty child"

So till further notice, "Fathers day" is the only episode of the Doctor ever to make me

1- Have chills several times
2- Cry like a baby at the end
3- Feel deep sorrow throughout for Rose and symapthy for the Doctor.

As for Rose........she had me at OI! :love:
GrimaWormtongue
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 31, 2005 02:17
'The Empty Child' is very disturbing, believe you me! It was shown at 6:30pm last Saturday (or the week before last) and it was the most disturbing thing I have ever watched before th 9 o'clock watershed.

But enjoy!
Amrod_Isilra
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 31, 2005 06:29
'The Empty Child' is very disturbing, believe you me! It was shown at 6:30pm last Saturday (or the week before last) and it was the most disturbing thing I have ever watched before th 9 o'clock watershed.

But enjoy!

Saw this night at 9 pm on the satalite. Hats off to thre writters. Proof that Brits realy know how to a fine evenings worth of apocalypse. Will Earth be converted into a zombie planet? Who are these Time agents and will we se them again? ( sound amn awfull lot like time lords OOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!), preview bits realy made me want to open the door to strangers !

General mood reminds me of Unearthly child , dark damp gloomy awith just a touch light at the edges.

Bring on the zombies then !:evil:
Ring_angel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2005 03:13
:love: that captain jack is well fit! the new dr who who's taking over from next series is georges he was casanova from the program of the same name

[Edited on 1/6/2005 by LadyCeleborn]
Amrod_Isilra
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2005 05:25
:love: that captain jack is well fit! the new dr who who's taking over from next series is georges he was casanova from the program of the same name

[Edited on 1/6/2005 by LadyCeleborn]

Well fit he may have been but i didnt like the way he was going after me Rose:evil:

I'll miss her when she finally leaves :cry: Besides being fit, Billie Piper has proved to be one the best companions the Doctor has had since perhaps the Romallas specially the second one .

I hope the writters kep it up, regardless of the cast!
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2005 07:20

But enjoy!

I'm glad that I wasn't the only one freaked out by that. :blush:
ElavielEvenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 02, 2005 04:28
I guess I'm the only one to think how bad Dr Who is. I think it's been so badly made, it reminds me of something you'd find on cbbc, not peak time bbc!!

Apart from Ecclestone, he's very good!!!
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2005 10:59
But then Doctor who was always kinda like that. It IS SUPPOSED to be a kids tv show. You may not realise because you haven't seen the old series for a LONG time.
Amrod_Isilra
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2005 04:03
But then Doctor who was always kinda like that. It IS SUPPOSED to be a kids tv show. You may not realise because you haven't seen the old series for a LONG time.

It's beeen a kids show , but just barely, Tom Bakers doctor was certainly not for little kids
ElavielEvenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 03, 2005 04:41

Hmm that would make sense, plus it's on at a very kid friendly time.

I never dared to watch it as a kid
Ovëlyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2005 06:41
I am very afraid of watching the new Dr. Who... I literally grew up on watching the old Dr. Who and I'm afraid the new one just won't compare!

I'm too old for all these changes, *hobbles around on her walker*

j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2005 10:34
My mum, dad and my dad's siblings like it (my dad is +50). There were things that I wasn't keen on, but then you just have to get used to the fact tat it's a new doctor in a new era.
delerithoflorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2005 12:45
i grew up with the old series of Dr Who and loved it and I love the new series as well. I think they have done very well in adapting it for the 21st century. Some of the special effects have been really good. I think the best episodes so far were the last two concerning World War 11 and that kid with the mask was so creepy. I could just imagine when I was a kid that would have been one when I would have been scared witless and literally would have been hiding behind the couch.

Shame that Eccleston will be leaving at the end of the series but there is a story in one of the national papers today of what the final episode will be and it looks like it will be a really good one - wont go into details as it may not be true plus don't want to spoil it for others.

I could`nt wait for this programme to start and have not been disappointed in it all so far.
Even the smallest person can change the course of history.
k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: June 04, 2005 04:01
Ive been watching the new Dr.Who with interest. I greatly enjoyed the old ones and remember being quite scared of the Daleks, the Candy Man, the Cyborgs and for some reason one that always sticks in my mind is the freaky circus episode.

Anyway up until the last two weeks i was quite disappointed with the newer Dr.Who, especially the Dalek one. The last two, the ones set in World War II were great!

I also have to admit im not that impressed by Eccleston, he just strikes me as someone who isnt eccentric trying to play an eccentric and just keeping on getting it wrong, perhaps its that bizzare grin of his or something... he just doesnt cut it for me. Having said that, if he wasnt quitting after this series i would probably still watch him second time around, i think hes just taking me a while to get used to.

Anyway, my point? I do love the whole Dr.Who thing, though i have to admit to perferring the old ones- perhaps thats just an age thing though
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2005 04:41
I didn't like the derlik one either, it just seemed too. . . underlikly. I know that was the point but it didn't ring true for me.
werewolflemming
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2005 02:21
What happened to this thread?

Doctor Who is brilliant! It's a pity that Christopher Eccleston left, but I'm sure that David Tennant:love: will be good as well. Series 2 looks to be interesting-visiting alien planets, the return of K9 and cybermen!

I can't wait until the Christmas Invasion-so little time left! Anyone else as excited as me?

[Edited on 24/12/2005 by werewolflemming]
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2005 12:21
I saw it, it was great. The new doctor's good and there was some VERY funny moments. But I didn't like how they suddenly changed what the prime minster was like. In the last series she was the greatest PM Britian is ever supposed to have and now she's a malicous person.
werewolflemming
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2005 01:43
I know, I didn't like how they changed her either, but the rest of it was really good. David Tennant certainly didn't disappoint, and I enjoyed the funny parts.
Anyone else press the red button after the episode? My brother did that, and he let the bad guys win.
Charli
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2006 08:49
Yep I pressed the red button, and according to David Tennant we were amazing! But then it ended with him saying i'll go and find Rose
I thought David Tennant was good but he was kinda girlie and weird - Christopher Eccleston was just plain cool. I think Tennant will get better as it goes along but i'm gna miss Eccleston's...coolness!
werewolflemming
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2006 07:04
I pressed the red button after the repeat, and I got everything right, but it was going funny, and there was no sound, so I could see David Tennant, but couldn't hear him.
I'll miss Christopher Eccleston, but at least I've got the DVD box set.
I can't wait til the new series starts in the spring!
Eressëa
Melkor's Apprentice
Send Message
on: April 30, 2006 07:49
Now that the second series has begun surely there must be several Whovians hiding under rocks and pillows

I was introduced to this show in the Easter holidays which was spent downloading one episode after the other of the First Season... I simply loved it!!!! Christopher Eccleston was such an amazing doctor and even if I love David Tennant as Ten -and believe me I love him very very much!!!! I still sometimes miss Nine...

I'm also slowly, incredibly slowly, trying to dig into the old series... So far I've only seen City of Death with Four and Romana -it was great in my opinion!!!

What are your thoughts on the new season so far?
werewolflemming
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2006 08:04
new series is good!!! Especially episode three so far. K9!!! I'm loving David Tennant as the Doctor, and he manages to mix humour and seriousness very well. (hugs the Doctor):love:
And one of the episodes will be on my birthday! July 1st!
The first episode lacked a good plot, but was so much fun to watch, the second episode had the most amazing CG werewolf (that should have been Lupin in HP3) but had a very annoying queen victoria and some rather pointless monks. Episode three was superior (K9=:love, creepy, exciting, emotional, thoughtful. Awwwwwwww. OK, I'll stop now before I go a bit too far. (leaves to try and find a TARDIS) More people should post to this thread!!!

j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 02, 2006 11:49
I'm loving the new series as well, The last episode was the best, partly cause it had ANTONY HEAD in it, and he rocked But I would have liked the doctor to seem alittle more tempted by the offer.
It's odd when he mentioned that he was very old, when you look at him it's not something you think. It was kinda cool.
Eressëa
Melkor's Apprentice
Send Message
on: May 08, 2006 11:38
Yay!!! I definitely agree about School Reunion, it was a wonderful episode -and made me wail terribly!!! Poor Sarah Jane!!! And K-9, so adorable -affiirmative!:love:
The Girl in the Fireplace was yet another great episode!!!! I really loved it - and the dresses... Plus it had me crying once again...

It's terrible how much power this series is getting over me -my life's happiness depends on whether I get to see Doctor Who or not... It's just such a wonderful show and so hilarious...

werewolf, I agree about David Tennant as the Doctor... He's just amazing - I love him!!!:love::drool::drool::drool:

Looking very much forward to Saturday and the Cybermen, weee!!!!:love::drool:
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2006 05:34
lol Eressëa I agree with everything you've said!
werewolflemming
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2006 02:41
The Cybermen are back! What does everyone think? I don't like the villain, but cybermen are cool, and scary (no, really, they are) The scientists in the factory making them, now they were really creepy. And I used to like that song, now all it will do is remind me of cybermen. Why are so many scientists in sci-fi portrayed as evil or emotionally lacking?
The start of the epsode though, with the TARDIS, didn't see that coming at all, brilliant!
I want to see the next episode-how cruel they are to make it a two parter...I've got to get through my physics practical exam first, no fair.
pippin_is_god
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2006 05:55
The cybermen... *cowers at thought* They were SO scary!! I've seen them from the old series, and they just made me fall about laughing, but these ones were fantastic! Though creepy... I didn't like the way they were made, that song's officially been ruined for me! They're such a sad race... you can't help but feel a bit of pity for them. I mean, they've been wrenched from their bodies and trapped in a metal casing forever.... sorry, I tend to go on. Yeah, the villains not that scary (but he's cool cos he's Trigger from Only Fools and Horses!! ) but the cybermen are totally CLASSIC!
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2006 02:57
I must say, I think I'm developing a slight crush on Mr Tennant !!!

By the way who in this thread is from the UK? I'm just wondering if everyone is.
pippin_is_god
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2006 05:51
I'm from the UK. I don't think everyone is though... some people don't get the new episodes until a few weeks (or something like that) after they're aired here.
delerithoflorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2006 02:21
I`me also from the UK.

Loved the cybermen episode last week. What a tantalizing built up it was. And those creepy marching feet. THUD THUD THUD - now i definitely would have had nightmares when I was a kid. I can`t wait for the second part tonight.

David Tennant is coming over as a really good Dr. His character is going to have a lot of depth. He is so witty and those faces he pulls has me in stitches every time.

I did think this season to start with was not as good as last years but I blame a weak 1st episode for that. Each episode since has just got better and better.
Even the smallest person can change the course of history.
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2006 11:36
I'm from the UK. I don't think everyone is though... some people don't get the new episodes until a few weeks (or something like that) after they're aired here.

That's why I was wondering, because everyone here is talking about it just after the episode has been aired.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email