Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
truegirl
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Favorite Childhood TV shows
on: July 26, 2005 02:07
Did ANYONE here watch 'The Cities of Gold'? I am all alone for this. I'm in the oppion that it's possibly the best cartoon made in the 80's.
I never saw 'The Mysterious Cities of Gold' but, from what I understand, it was made by the same folks who did 'Ulysses 31' - which was one of my favorite animated series ever.
Power Rangers
50% (5)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
40% (4)
Blue's Clues
10% (1)
LazyTown*I know its new, but still...)
0% (0)
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 28, 2005 06:03
Did ANYONE here watch 'The Cities of Gold'? I am all alone for this. I'm in the oppion that it's possibly the best cartoon made in the 80's.
I never saw 'The Mysterious Cities of Gold' but, from what I understand, it was made by the same folks who did 'Ulysses 31' - which was one of my favorite animated series ever.

I'm not sure about Ulysses 31 I'm afraid. But it was a great anime. It's possible.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: August 02, 2005 04:42
I watched Romper Room and Bozo's Circus when I was really young. And also Captain Kangaroo. I liked Speed Racer, The Banana Splits, and HR Puffenstuff when I was older. I enjoyed watching Fraggle Rock with my kids, and Power Rangers and Pokemon. I didn't enjoy Barney very much, but my oldest was stuck on that show when he was a tot. (sorry Moria_orc2004, for telling on you.)
sairina_star
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 06, 2005 05:52
I used to love to watch Power Rangers. My friends and I would pretend to be them. :blush: I also used to like to watch Ninja Turtles but not the news that are on now.
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2005 12:16
I watched ninja turtles as well, well sometimes, I wasn't a big fan. I was only into Power Rangers for about a week, and then my Sanity returned and I stopped watching it. But the first time I heard of it was when my friends were playing and I wanted to be the pink ranger, but I had to be the Yellow becuae someone else was the Pink ranger
sairina_star
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 09, 2005 02:32
I was a really big fan of Power Rangers... I always wanted to be the Pink Ranger as well but my friend, so she seemed, was the one and I got stuck as the Yellow one, too.
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: August 10, 2005 07:28
Thunderbirds, Batman, Lost in Space, Bewitched... Reveals my age all too well...
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2005 08:35
I love the muppets, and I miss The Muppet Show.

For Christmas I got like every show the Muppets did (or taped at least) on DVD. I was soooo happy and I watch all of them in like a week! My favorite is the one with Senor Wences.
sairina_star
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 10, 2005 01:02
Oh yeah. I have forgotten about the Muppets. I really liked that one too.
Prisca
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2005 07:02
Another one that I loved when I was a kid was Batman with Adam West!! Also does anyone else remember the Monchichis or Shirt-Tails? I loved those shows. I had a Shirt-Tails comforter. I only recently lost it, forgot it at a park :cry:
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2005 11:27
I've been getting the DVDs of Around the World with Willy Fog. It's so funny. Epecially the opening line of the film.
HerenyeofRohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2005 09:19
wOOt! Go Scooby Doo! I got obsessive about that show....I also watched some animated Garfield, Johnny Quest, Loony Tunes, and The Flintstones. And yes, I was brought up in the 90's.
Prisca
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2005 04:11
In my teen years, I LOVED the Animaniacs!!! It was a very smart funny cartoon with great songs!! And the orginal Looney Tunes are a forever classics!
longbe4thesun
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2005 01:48
In my teen years, I LOVED the Animaniacs!!! It was a very smart funny cartoon with great songs!! And the orginal Looney Tunes are a forever classics!

OH man, those two are even ten times better! I also miss Tale Spin with Darn Karnage and Fraggle Rock *starts singing Fraggle Rock theme*. I remember at one point I was in love with the Power Rangers, what's happened to that show. I swear it's not the original. But my childhood TV show love still stays with Thomas the Tank Engine.

[Edited on 17/8/2005 by longbe4thesun]
sairina_star
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 17, 2005 02:46
Over the weekend I just remembered about Swat Cats. The cartoon seems to be more for boys but that didn't stop me from watching it. I also used to watch He-Man.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email