Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
TwilightMyst
Council Member
Send Message
Post Pets
on: August 31, 2005 11:56
Hey all! I think this is the right section to be posting this topic in, but if the moderators think different I am not offended.

So anyhoo, this is a thread where we can talk about our pets, favorite animals (breeds), and all that.

I'll start.
My dog's name is Falkor. He is going to be 2 years old in October. His coat is white with reddish brown spots - one big patch at his neck, a few on his ears, and some down his back. We are unsure of what his breed is, but we are guessing some kind of terrier/lab mix.

I will post a picture of him here, if it is allowed.

Mysti
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
Post RE: Pets
on: August 31, 2005 12:09
As long as it's not too big, it shouldn't be a problem.

I have two kitties (though my beloved Tomasina passed into the Summerlands almost 2 yrs ago), a dog, a horse, two fuzzy worms (and not the sort that turn into butterflies), and a couple of plecostami in a 40 gal tank that used to be home to a number of African cichlids. I'm so bad with fish. >.<
TwilightMyst
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2005 12:29
Cool! My dad used to keep angel fish and Discus. They were soo beautiful!
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2005 06:00
really? my dad used to do that too...right now we have two outdoor cats- one is black with yellow eyes named stormy and the other is one of her kttens, a grey kittywith green eyes named cloudy...both are..I dunno..average cats, Iguess..no real breed and I love them and miss them muchly (I'm away at college)
Mon coeur est genre, mais je suis un monster. (My heart is kind, but I am a monster.)
~Celebwen~of~Ithilien~
Altariel's Sky Painter
Send Message
on: September 01, 2005 10:40
I love cats! :love: I'm really one of those catpersons that can't pass a kitty and not stop to pet it.

I have a cat, Lotte. As you can see, she's not a breed or anything just the cutest cat in the world. I know she looks a bit weird in this picture, but it was sorta taken by force. This was shot in the only second that she would sit still.

[Edited on 1/9/2005 by ~Celebwen~of~Ithilien~]
BelleBayard
Send Message
on: September 01, 2005 11:27
Oh, what a cutie, Celebwen! Heh... yeah, she looks less than happy with sitting still. Not unusual. Most of my pics of my kitties are when they are sleeping or just awakened. LOL
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2005 03:01
Great post, TwilightMyst.

Aww....so inicent-looking, Celebwen! *lol* She really is too cute. There was a cat that came by my house once that kinda looked like your kitty. Very sweet cat, but I never saw him/her again. *heh*

No pets for me right now. I used to have eight rats at once time, and the ninth one (Obi-One Kenobi....don't laugh ) passed away this January on the 16th. Best rat in the world - he thought he was a dog more than anything.

The closest things I have to pets right now are two kitties that come by my house everyday to get petted, named Bonnie and Clyde. They're our neighbors cats.....at the moment. *lol* j/k

If you'd like to know, the names of my rats (in order) are:

Martha

Rachel

Hannah

Abey

Blackie

Brownie

Suki

Micki

Ben

Ratties rock!!
Sweet~Athelas
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2005 06:13
(Woohoo! First post other than saying "hi" in the Newbie thread! :disco: )

I'm a complete cat person :love: I have two cats, a small 4-year-old silver tabby named Mimi and a pudgy 1-year-old Siamese named Gracie. Gracie has been with me for only two months, and Mimi is obviously trying to make me feel like I betrayed her, the spoiled furry-footed princess! They haven't even swatted at each other, though, thank heavens :angel: My life will never be the same with the two of them together :rolling:
LotrLuva
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2005 12:30
Well, I've got this one gorgeous kitty called, uh, kitty. He's gorgeous, but spoiled rotten.
TwilightMyst
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2005 02:19
Wow everybody has cats! I love kittins, but my mom is alergic.
Ataralassë_Manveri
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2005 02:52
I have quite a few pets. They all live with my grandparents, so I don't see them much. I'm in college now. I live in an apartment. Community colleges don't have dorms. I can't afford to keep a pet. Just to KEEP a cat here, not to feed, groom, or care for it, but to KEEP it, costs $100/month!!!

I have 2 dogs, 4 cats, an a plecostima fish, because our bettas keep dying. I did have one betta for two years once!
Anoria_Miriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2005 01:06
I have two cats. One's a tabby tortois-shell(sp?), named Tabitha. The other is black and named Moppet. We got the names from a Beatrix Potter book! They're about 9 or 10 in human years, I think, and they're very fat and lazy, but sweet nevertheless.
ashe
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2005 03:21
I have a black and orange kitten named Emma and a beagle mutt named Draco. Emma is about 4 months old. Draco is 2 years old. I also have two very old gold fish.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 05, 2005 01:28
Woo, pets! I live with a zoo! Here we go:
Cats: George, Buck, Blue, Tart, Smoke, Penny, Leo, Romper, Bullet, Corn-Dog, Heckle, Jeckle, Mr. Priss, Teeny, Wicket, Nicky, Alex, Miss. Priss, Uggy, Dazzle, Billshe, Skip, Black-Tabby, Pollywog, Rotten, Turley, Gray Baby, Nala, Woglet, Sassy, Gabby

There are 31 cats, but be assured we love every last one of them equally, and we *can* tell them apart. (and they don't all live in the house!)

Dogs: Dixie, Dolly, Lucy-Belle

Rabbit- Casey

yup.. thats the zoo. I love animals Our oldest cat (George) is nearing 15 years
Aranel_Elenlin
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 12, 2005 02:32
wow eryone has soo many pets!!! i just have two cats... MJ (Midnight Jade) and Nikki.... and NIkki is a boy and MJ is a girl (dont ask me... i diddnt name them!!)

here r some pics!! :love:

http://tinypic.com/eiusrn.jpg
MJ

http://tinypic.com/eiurup.jpg
Nikki

[Edited on 13/10/2005 by Aranel_Elenlin]
Tyrann
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 12, 2005 04:52
So many pets...I only have two

One is a Welsh Cardigan Corgi named Phantom, he's 10 years old and a wuss, but a good wuss, all the same

My second is a cat named Flash...but she's just a blob that happens to either be on your lap or in the road. She's so fat and lazy.

I used to have budgies but they're all dead now.

I'd like to have a cool cockateel though...they'd be fun. Wish I could also have an eagle or falcon for a pet...they'd be cool, but I don't think you'd be allowed!
Celedë_Anthaas
Stargazer of Ithilien
Send Message
on: October 13, 2005 03:08
I have one cat, called Pussi:love: She's adorable, white with black spots:love:
A while ago we also found a homeless cat which stayed with us for about two weeks until we found a new owner. He was black with white paws and a white nose:love: And I called him Llama
Nienna_green
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 17, 2005 10:11
Hello. I am a new member! I have a tabby cat named Willy
~Namarie, Nai aurelya nauva mara!
Nienna
ImageImage A carë tittë nati alta melmen
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: November 14, 2005 09:42
Hello, peoples! I have:
30-35 chickens (five of which are chicks). I have a rooster named Attercop (from The Hobbit, heehee) and my brother has a hen named Missus.
3 cats. 2 are tiger-striped, one black. Tiger and Lucy are the striped ones, Elizabeth (other known as Lizard Breath) is the black one. Elizabeth likes to lick peoples fingers and sleep on the couch. Tiger catches shrews on a regular basis (he is slightly retarded, by the way) and is really jumpy. That is hilarious. Lucy likes to think herself "dignified", but she has this really annoying meow and likes to eat beans.
2 dogs. Jack is a Basset-German Shepherd mix (in other words, really short and really long) with Shepherd markings. He has been hit twice by cars. The first time he broke his front leg, the second he broke his pelvis, surviving both times. Duffy is a Golden Retriever that will eat anything (including asparagus, tomatoes, apples, green beans, etc) and loves attention. I'm staying away from him now because I got poison ivy from his fur. Jack is approx. 11, Duffy 8.
1 horse. Colletta is a chestnut Moab (Morgan/arabian). She is 6 years old and loves to eat. Her favorite thing to do is graze or eat grain (the latter is rarely done). Once she got into our grain bin and ate 40-50 pounds of grain. The odd thing is, we were sure she was going to die, but the only bad thing that happened is that overnight she got really fat. So, her nickname is "the Horse with the Iron Gut." She is really well-behaved. I am in the process of buying her from my older bro, who is in the Coast Guard. So far i have $500 dollars to go, out of the original $600.

Sorry! Have to edit due to the fact that Duffy died of cancer a week ago! sniff, sniff :cry:

[Edited on 21/1/2006 by Shadowfax_Pip]
hobbitnamedeliza
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 15, 2005 07:09
Always been a pet fancier. Currently our household is enriched by the company of:

1 dog-Shih Zhu (Molly)

2 Cats (Milo and Ginger)

1 Cockatiel (Catfood--yes, that IS his name!)

3 Guinea pigs (Goofy, Edmund, & Pie-Rat)

Triwi
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 23, 2005 06:55
I have a very fat greyish tabby cat named Liger (his predatory powers are magical). Hes ten months old and weighs ten pounds. I tried doing the diet thing with him but he keeps eating the dog food and the rest of my family keeps filling his bowl when he empties it. I also have another white and grey tabby named Sabrina. She is going to be 8 in the spring and has never been fat when I had her but when we moved from a house to an apartment I had to give her to my friends family she got a little over weight (I still call her mine and so does my freinds family...I have visitation rights). She also thinks she is a princess, ironically her name is a Galic name for princess (I found that out 6 years after naming her). We also have a little dog named Chihiro ( I call her Chi Chi Ro Ro or just little miss fluffy) shes annoying. I am not realy a dog person I like big dogs but I cant stand little ones.
minyaliel_níniwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 27, 2005 04:50
I have three longhaired persian cats. They're soo adorable! The oldest is called Rafael, he's almost six years old (in January), and is a shaded silver (much like the cats in the James Bond movies) with lovely, green eyes. He's the father of my second cat, Silwen (we used to be breeders), I picked her name myself because of her fur colours, she's like her father, really, but she's very small and thin, not what show judges would call perfect, but I love her dearly. She's very shy, so I spent years trying to gain her trust... she's crazy, though, still acts like a kitten eventhough she's 3 yrs old. My third cat is a thick, spoiled creature we bought in Germany. She's a golden shaded, and is the only one who really can purr (and she does so all day long ). Whenever I sit down, she's likely to be the first one to jump up on my lap and starts sounding like a chainsaw immediately. Usually, if I lay down on the couch, within five minutes I'm covered with cats (rofl). They're so cute, I really love them :heart:
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
on: November 30, 2005 03:22
We have to parakeets a white one named Spirit and a blue one name Max. We also have a 6 month old miniature dachshund puppy named Charlie, that we got for our kids. I am more of a cat person. Our 5 year old cat, Freak, died over the summer and I haven't had the heart to get a new one yet.
Vanyariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 17, 2005 10:51
I have two wonderful dogs. Abbey is a six year old yellow lab mix, and quite possibly the smartest dog I have ever met. I've had her since she was a baby, and she's my joy. Holly Golightly is a 7.5 year old cocker spaniel mix. Bless her, she's just as sweet as can be, but she's dumb as a box of rocks, lol! I love both my girls though, they're awesome! :love:
PrincessPana
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2008 12:05
I have a beautiful Black Cat called Emerald, called this because she has Green eyes and comes from the Emerald Isle !!

She is about to celebrate her first birthday, which means she is now an Adult

I love cats and have thought many times to get another kitty to keep Em company . . . I would especially like a 'Siamese Cat', which I believe have an entirely white bodu, with mink brown tail and legs and ears and very bright blue eyes !! :love:
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2008 03:28
I used to have two llamas, Miss Minnie and Priscilla. I don't have them manymore...
Alyanome
Norn av Urd
Send Message
on: April 16, 2008 04:59
We have three rats at the moment, all females. Taika, Telle and Tove. We had five before but we had to put down two of them because of mycoplasm. Tilli was our dearest rat.

Apart from the rats we have a winter white girl Tessa. I love all of our pets very much.

winter white = dwarf hamster
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2008 09:09
I have a dog named Zeta. She's a deep red color with amber eyes, black marking on her eyes and muzzle. She's really smart, muscular, and stubborn but I love her, there's a pic in the gallery under the name Faroth. (her alias ) I have a cat named Alliey, also in the gallery under the name Elaelin (alias), a cat named Princess Patches (Patchy the Pirate), and Spookers (Chubbles). Then we have a random molly fish in a ten gallon tank with no name, except Fishy.
Caden
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2011 01:34
I have a Rott/Lab mix named Scout. He has the body of a Lab with a sturdy chest and markings like a Rott and has a mean streak in him against anyone I don't like. I got him for my 11th birthday and he's been my baby every since.
I also has a Red Sable German Shepherd who stands taller then I do on her hind legs. She looks like a Timber wolf and our neighbors have concerns, lol. Seriously, people have asked us if we're allowed to have her.
We also have an American GSD that is black and cream colored and she has to be the stupidest creature on the face of the planet!
Ellirwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2011 01:11
I have a cat named Adelaide. She's black with white one her face, chest, and paws. :love:
I used to have a fish named Lalaith, but she died recently. :sob: She was a bright pink glofish. My sister dubbed her Neon-nose.

I'm definitely a cat person though.
"Though she be but little, she is fierce." -A Midsummer Night's Dream
BelleBayard
Send Message
on: December 06, 2011 10:49
Down to 4 cats , 2 indoor, 2 outdoor, and a dog. I have a couple of plecostemi (algae eaters) in my fish tank. Lost my horse and my ferrets within the last year. My indoor kitties do NOT like my outdoor ones and vice versa. The dog is mostly indoor (beagle/shepherd mix), but does love to run around in the woods when we go.
vanyar
Nessa’s Head Llama
Send Message
on: December 09, 2011 10:39
I have a long-hair full size dachsund named Bug. He'll be a year old in February and he is adorable!!!!! Here's a few piccies if you want to see him!!! And yes... I am one of those insane people that forces my poor dog to wear clothes sometimes...

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/382606_10150522696777316_563857315_10802800_630317181_n.jpg
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/299129_10150426679162316_563857315_10358314_1480539225_n.jpg
Sponge Fighting Instructor, and Keeper of the Llamas for the Realm of Nessa! "Dance hard, laugh loud, and never misplace your sponge"
Luewyn
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Pets
on: March 07, 2012 01:24
I have two rabbits named Thumper and Clover. They're both black but Clover has white flecks and Thumper has a very faint butterfly shape on her back. They are very spoilt and awesome! I have been begging my parents to let me get a red and a white bearded dragon. On called Brisingr and the other Wyrda, or maybe I would call them Ice and Fire or maybe... Yeah, you get the idea, I have a lot of names in mind!
Lanyare
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2012 03:29
Crazy cat-person and proud slave of four indoor cats... We started with a pair of female kittens actually, but then we adopted a long-haired male whose 'owner' was moving to another country, and later still a stray cat decided he wanted to come and live with us too.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: March 21, 2012 09:03
^I love cats.

I have 2 cats, one indoor and one outdoor. The indoor is half Siamese and is colored like one plus with tabby markings. Very pretty! My outdoor one is her son and he is just black.

I also have 2 dogs, one Aussie and the other Aussie/Collie mix. Their names are Missy and Tator, respectively.

I also have 3 horses, an Arabian named Desert, a Quarter horse named CC, and a yearling Quarter horse named Copenhagen (or just Cope).

That's the end of my zoo. Though I do want a couple fish, and some chickens, and maybe rabbits...
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email