Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: Emotional Times (free, see OOC board)
on: November 12, 2005 06:17
Aregwyn was torn between the two. She glanced over at where Kaen was and sighed softly to herself. She looked up, troubled as Thalianost answered her. "Is this a bad time, my lady? I could return later or not at all if you perfer." She started and answered softly, "No Thalianost, you should return, I don't how you could think that I would not want you to. It's just I am a bit distracted... perhaps we can talk later?" She suggested hopefully, silently wishing that he would not be offended. When he agreed she smiled, "Thank you." She said and felt guilty as she watched him go. The princess turned to where she knew Kaen was hiding. "Kaen?" She whispered in shock, not being able to believe in her heart that it was in fact him. After all this time...
Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 12, 2005 08:37
(This post was a colaboration of Arwen and me.))

Kaen stepped around the corner at the sound of his name being spoken by her. A smile spread across his face though he did not know the reaction he would recieve from her. He brushed dark hair out of his chocolate eyes so he could truely see her.

"Hello Aregwyn, it's been a long time,"he said almost in a whisper.

The princess gazed at him sadly, still in the shock of seeing him. She moved towards him, a small smile slowly creeping onto her face. "Kaen? I cannot believe it is you. You have returned, after many, many months." She said, softly in a questioning way.

Kaen nodded silently, wishing to touch her face, to pull her in and hold her close, but that would not be right. His heart felt warmer now, he had even frgotten about the man that had been here just moments before though it nagged at him in th back of his mind.

"Everything has changed, I feared you would not remember me,"he replied.

Aregwyn shook her head, "How could I not remember you." She whispered, quietly, "I loved you, Kaen." She said, remembering the time when he had held her close and comforted her. How she wished that it had stayed that way. She turned to him now, "Then you left...because your sister needed you." She said, simply, one single tear glistening on her pale face as she spoke.

With out realizing it his hand lifted and his long fingers gently wiped the tear away, his fingers lingering gently on her face before returning to rest at his side. Kaen's head was bowed now, hair shadowing his face.

"I truely am sorry for ever leaving you, I truely did think she needed my help Aregwyn. She is my sister even if we only share the same mother...I should have known better," Kaen's tone was regretful, the memory of their fight returning to him.

It was silent for a moment, he raised his head against to look her in they eyes, which reflected Aregwyn's own feeling, sorrow, pain, happiness. He could hardly make out how she felt for him now.

"You say you loved me in the past tense, Aregwyn, but I still love you."

The princess stood still, closing her eyes for a moment when he reached up and brushed the tear away. She listened to him, eyes closed sadly and she was biting her lip. Her eyes snapped open when she heard the last thing he said, "You do?" She said, looking up at him, more tears brimming in her already glistening eyes, "I *loved* you Kaen... but it has been so long. I don't know how I feel." She said, softly, deciding on the honest truth. She'd wasn't sure how she felt about Kaen, and him appearing again out of the blue after years was a shock and she was still surprised. She looked up at him, lots of tears now running down her face, "You haven't changed a bit since I last saw you." She remarked, smiling softly as she looked up at him. She hesitantly touched his cheek gently but then drew back her hand, "I..." She was lost for words...

Kaen's eyes softened and tears shone in them but he did not let any fall. How could he expect her to know how she felt? He was being cruel and he knew it, her father had just passed and he had just returned. This was a very emotional time for her and he was being selfish, besides there was that guard. Now he suddenly remembered him and anger sparked with in him but he said nothing. He didn't want this to end just yet, he didn't want it to end in anger again.

He took a step closer to Aregwyn and his arms encircled her. His head bowed, resting softly on her head.

"Aregwyn, I should not expect you to answer so soon," Kaen said, trying to keep his voice calm. Now a tear did fall, a diamond of water rolling slowly down his face and he did not bother to wipe it away.

She sniffed slightly, trying in vain to stop the tears, but now they flowed again as they had done so many times in the past 24 hours. When his arms encircled her and held her tight she relaxed and put her head to his shoulder, "I'm sorry Kaen... it's just that...well I...don't really know." She said, softly, crying even more as tears dripped down her face. Aregwyn took her head from his shoulder and looked at his face. She saw a tear falling down his face and she gently wiped it away, "I'm sorry." She said, simply, burrying her head into his body, glad of his warm embrace and comfort.

They stood their and the minutes seemed like hours. The sun seemed to shine brighter and even a bird dared to sing on this day of mourning. Kaen sighed softly, despite how close she was, she felt so far away. Aregwyn looked up at him, sorrow still clear in her eyes.

"You should return now, your mother will be wondering where you are and it would not be good for them to catch you with me. I doubt they would enjoy seeing my face and nor would the guard..s,"He seemed to emphasize the last word but his face showed nothing.

His old smiled returned to his face for a moment,"Aregwyn if you keep crying you will have the whole world flooded for the sky weeps when you do."

He had said that once before, long ago when he had first met her long ago. In fact this very courtyard had been that place, a dark night lit by stars, the moon glowing over head. The flowers closed in sleeping until morning though one rose had remained open. Kaen had picked that rose for her, an apology for startling her. He returned to the present and looked into into her eyes.

"Just promise me you won't go to anyone else until you have truely discovered your feelings for me,"he begged, unsual for him. Indeed the princess had changed him in ways he would never truely understand.
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 02, 2005 09:18
((Sorry for the huge delay guys! If any of you are still interested in this rpg, I would really appreciate it if you could post. I am sorry for my absence, but I really don't want this rpg to die, we have some great characters here! If still interested please post as soon as you can!))

“Aregwyn if you keep crying you will have the whole world flooded for the sky weeps when you do.”

Aregwyn looked at Kaen as he spoke, then smiled brightly. Yes she remembered when he’d said that to her previously. The night they’d first met. In the courtyard and he had come out of the shadows, startling her and so to make up for it he’d bent down and picked the only red rose that was still blooming as the night wore on.

"Just promise me you won't go to anyone else until you have truly discovered your feelings for me,” he begged, unusual for him. Indeed the princess had changed him in ways he would never truly understand.

She bit her lip, confused by what she was hearing. ‘…You won’t go to anyone else until you’ve truly discovered your feelings for me…’ How could he think that she would have done so now he had reappeared. Of course in the past few years she’d learnt to move on with life, though every day she’d woke up and remembered him, remembered his handsome face, his smile… and she’d missed him and yearned things to be the same as they once were. But in the end she had told herself that that was not possible, they had fought…argued and shouted… She closed her eyes in shame now as she remembered that day, when they had argued over Kaen and his sister’s plea for help.

The princess remembered how the angry words had slipped out of her mouth, not knowing entirely what their effect would be. And here she had it, the result of that argument, was him leaving. ‘Perhaps if I’d have tried to understand…’ She often found herself thinking but soon forgot that. Her and Kaen were in the past… and she didn’t know whether she could forgive herself for what she’d said in the past… She looked up at him now, as he stood there apprehensively, awaiting her reply to his plea. Aregwyn looked at his face, he had certainly changed from the first time she’d met him all those years ago… not just in his ways but in his personality.

She was the reason he’d changed and he’d often said so! She looked at him, remembering the good times they’d had and she slowly nodded, “Yes Kaen. Until I know what I feel for you… then I will not go to another. I will promise at least this to you, until I know my true feelings. I’m sorry Kaen…” She sighed softly, a single tear dripping down her face and landed at her feet. “My feelings and emotions are kind of a mess right now. I- I’m sorry… but I promise not to go to another until I know.” She nodded, and looked at him, he opened his mouth to speak.
Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2005 10:49
Kaen opened his mouth to speak and could not find any words to say. The fact that tears were now rolling down her face made him want to scream at himself for causing her pain. The guard would be back soon, he did notk now how long it had been since began speaking with Aregwyn.

"There is no need to apologize, your promise is enough,"Kaen replied, a sad smile in his eyes.

He looked past her out into one of the entrances to the coutyard and could see an approaching figure, though he could not make out who it was. He had faced the princess finally but he could not face anyone else of the palace just yet. She had welcomed him but he doubted the others.

"I should be leaving now but maybe I will see you later on or tomorrow. There's no need for a certain time, I always seem to have a way of finding you,"He said with a small grin, a small lock of hair falling in front of his eyes giving him the appearance of the man he used to be before he left.

He kissed her gently on the forehead and wrapped his arms around her one more time. He whispered gently in her ear.

"I love you Aregwyn, always know that."

Then he turned and was gone from the courtyard just as he heard the approaching steps of the person enter the courtyard.
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2005 07:37
Thalianost returned to the courtyard just as Kaen was leaving. He caught a glims of Kaen out of the corner of his eye but thought little of it. He approached the princess. "Good day, your highness, would you care to talk again? Or would you rather I came back later?"
Visit my Etsy Shop: The Tower of Or and Sable
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 07, 2005 07:00
"There is no need to apologize, your promise is enough," Kaen replied, a sad smile in his eyes. "I should be leaving now but maybe I will see you later on or tomorrow. There's no need for a certain time, I always seem to have a way of finding you," He said with a small grin.

Aregwyn looked up at him and smiled. He was exactly the same person he was when he'd left all those months ago. She smiled up at him and wiped the tear, that had fell on her face, away.

He kissed her gently on the forehead and wrapped his arms around her one more time. He whispered gently in her ear.
"I love you Aregwyn, always know that."

The princess nodded and smiled as he left. As she watched his retreating figure a small smile reached her face, and it was a true smile. "I will always remember that..." She murmured, quietly to herself, deep in thought. She was shook out of that deep thought when she heard a voice from near her, "Good day, your highness, would you care to talk again? Or would you rather I came back later?" She looked up and saw Thalianost, the royal guard standing there. She shook her head slightly and blushed, "Oh I am so sorry Thalianost! Earlier I just... ummm well I- I just..." She didn't know what to say and sighed, "That would be nice." She said finally, turning round, "Would you care for a walk?" She asked, motioning towards the palace gardens.
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 07, 2005 01:17
"As you wish, my lady." They began strolling around the courtyard. "How have you been since we last talked? You seem to be feeling better. At least you're not crying."
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 08, 2005 06:32
Aregwyn laughed and smiled at Thal, "Yes..." She agreed, shaking her head, "I think I was just... thinking that tears would bring back my father. And they won't." She sighed slightly, "No amount of tears ever gets you what you want. And I guess in a way my father has not gone, of course he is gone from this earth, but he's out there somewhere, watching over us all and..." She paused and blushed, "I sound rather foolish don't I?!" She said, face turning slightly red, as she looked round at him
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2005 03:42
"Not at all. You sound much wiser than som of the men I have fought with. Many times when a fellow soldier falls in battle several of his friends can't cope and loose themselves in a bottle. They cannot accept that their loss something which you have already done. Your father is watching over you, and if I may say, you couldn't be in safer hands." Thalianosts hand took Aregwyn's without him even realizing it.
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 09, 2005 07:11
"Not at all. You sound much wiser than som of the men I have fought with. Many times when a fellow soldier falls in battle several of his friends can't cope and loose themselves in a bottle. They cannot accept that their loss something which you have already done. Your father is watching over you, and if I may say, you couldn't be in safer hands." Thalianosts hand took Aregwyn's without him even realizing it.

The princess smiled slightly as he replied. "I've never been in battle... though I know archery and how to weild a sword. I don't think the Princess of Gondor would ever be allowed in battle anyway!" She joked as they walked along. She looked down when she realised that Thalianost's hand was in hers and she smiled up at him when he realised where she was looking. She held his hand gently and then realised, she liked Thalianost but what about Kaen? She sighed inwardly at herself, she had just promised Kaen not to go to another until she knew her true feelings for him, but... did Thalianost like her in the same way she was beginning to feel?
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 09, 2005 06:49
"I've never been in battle... though I know archery and how to weild a sword. I don't think the Princess of Gondor would ever be allowed in battle anyway!" Aregwyn said.

"No I suppose not." Thalianost chuckled. He saw the princess look down and realised he was holding her hand. He released it quickly. "I...I am sorry, I forgot myself." He knew he shouldn't have done that even though he wanted to. 'No, she is the princess' he thought to himself 'you are not worthy of her, not yet.'
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 12, 2005 10:06
He released it quickly. "I...I am sorry, I forgot myself." Thalianost murmured apologetically and her face turned slightly pink but then she sent him a reassuring smile, "No it's fine, really..." She said, smiling. Aregwyn looked around at the palace gardens. They were most beautiful at that time of the year, and it was one of her favourite places in the whole city. She gazed around and smelt the gorgeous smell of the rows of blooming flowers. A large tree grew in the centre of the gardens, pink blossom covering it's branches and lots of petals fell at the base of the trunk. She picked one up and smelt it happily. "This is a beautiful place, don't you think?" She remarked.
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2005 05:44
"It is very beautiful." Thalianost said watching the princess but what he was thinking was 'Not nearly as beautiful as you.' He walked with her through the garden taking in every minute. He hoped their time together would never end.
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 22, 2005 11:10
While she walked, Aregwyn's thoughts were tied up with Kaen...and Thalianost. What was this she was beginning to feel for the guard? Something she had not felt in many months...love? She thought to herself, questioningly. She smiled at Thal as they walked through the gardens. Then she noticed just how long they had been in each other's company for she sighed and piped up, "I'm afraid I must be getting back to the palace soon." She said, "My family may be wondering where I have gone too... especially Eldarion." She added, sighing. "I'm sorry we could not spend more time with each other." She said, looking up at him as they both came to a halt.
Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2005 08:17
Kaen had returned to the stables where is horse stood at peace among the others. He reached up and stroked the stallion's nose, the fur like velvet underneath his fingers.

"Athrun,"Kaen said to himself, it seemed to match the horse, he had Raina to thank for that. The horse neighed gladly for having a name, Kaen had been simply calling him well, horse.

His thought were wandering to Aregwyn as he stood in thought. If anyone was in the stable he never noticed, his hands now unconciously stroking the stallion who rather enjoyed it.
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2006 11:14
"That is quite alright, my lady. You should return. We wouldn't want your family to worry about you. May I walk you back to the palace?"
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 03, 2006 12:36
Aregwyn paused for a second and then nodded, "Of course..." She said finally, turning to leave. As they walked her mind was all messed up. What was she feeling for Thal? Was it what she had once felt for Kaen? But how could she know what she truly felt? How could she go through the same thing all over again, if she did see Kaen again? She sighed slightly and then seeing the guard's concerned look she managed a smile as they walked across the garden and back to the Citadel.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email