Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Rhysenn
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Tea or Coffee?
on: February 25, 2006 06:21
I can't stand coffee, but once in a while i drink tea (with plenty of honey of course ). Green tea is my favorite, and I just read an article today that said that when you get old green tea reduces the likelihood of cognitive impairment.
Tea
34% (2)
Coffee
22% (1)
Neither
6% (4)
Both
38% (2)
ViggoBliggo
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2006 10:36
Yes....I like tea....but I cannot stand it with honey....always with lots of sugar.....sweet is nice.....but coffee is a necessity for me when I have slept too little and when I am thus unable to survive at school.......
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2006 10:00
I like both coffee and tea with or without honey and milk but not with
cane sugar as I have a hard time with that...

More often then not it is quinine water that I drink [the type with sacharine not with sugar].And also grape juice especialy in the hot days of summer...

I'm not fussy these days so if I'm cold and it's hot I drink it [no soy for me],
the same goes for hot days hand me something cool and I'll drink it soy free. That is except for alchohol which I don't drink at all...:nono:

elvishmusician
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 21, 2006 02:29
:disco::disco::disco: Coffee :disco::disco::disco:

I have tea occasionally though... usually when I just want something hot and more calming... coffee is used for waking up in the morning... break at work and just before I start music teaching in the evening ... so despite my reputation amoungst my friends (as Coffee Queen) I probably have no more than 4 cups in a day ... usually around 2 ... though there was one 24 hour period that I had 8 cups of coffee (and just under 2 hours sleep) :dizzy: but that was due to some very stressful assignments due the next week . I have coffee with a small amount of milk and no sugar ... tea is the same - milk but no sugar
Vanime18431
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 31, 2007 01:35
Love both tea and coffee - but am limiting myself to only two cups of coffee a day...if that! Sometimes it's only one.

I do love tea! Especially red tea, ginger peach tea and pomegranate tea. They are really good... mmmmm

Vanime18431
nightfairy
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 01, 2007 01:20
I need my coffee in the morning...I have problems waking up properly up before I've had it. I guess it's a form of addiction....I can actually work without if I have to, but then I notice it time and time again over the day, getting dead tired all of a sudden.

I love tea as well, though. Tea is mostly for afternoons or a nice chat with friends. I have - much to the annoyance of my very tidy hisband - a vast collection of loose teas (black, green and Rooibos ones, mostly with nice creamy flavours added to them) all over the house.

Another thing most people consider weird - I like my coffee black, without sugar...but Tea I enjoy most with a good bit of milk in it.

hugs
bowman
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 03, 2007 05:44
....coffee FTW.
MerryandPip
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 04, 2007 02:45
I HATE coffee. I had a bad experience with it once, I thought it was hot chocolate and I got a nasty suprise.

I do LOVE tea, however. I like to drink it in the mornings and evenings, 'specially when I read. Green and Earl Grey are my favorites.
frodofan14
CoE Volunteer & Realm Head of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
on: December 02, 2007 06:00
COFFEE!!!!!!!!! i like it but my parents say it stunts kids growth but i think i am quite old enough to drink it.
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: December 02, 2007 06:31
Heh... My folks tried to tell me that, too, but I'm 5' 7" and hate to think how tall I'd be if it were true. It IS a stimulant and shouldn't be overdone, but a cup in the morning won't hurt you. My grandmother used to make it for me in the morning when I'd stay over at their place and I always looked forward to it. Can't drink as much as I used to because I have brittle bones now (osteoporosis) and too much caffeine can cause problems. Too much can also raise your blood pressure. Moderation is the key.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2007 09:22
I like tea, but coffee is oh so much better.^_^
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2007 01:37
I voted coffee because its an addictive requirement for me in the morning. I do drink tea usually anytime after lunch when a hot beverage is wanted. So I guess I should have voted 'Both' but I love my coffee, and only like tea.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
ainaloth_duredhel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2007 12:46
coffee = :love:

I have always liked coffee, but now I absolutely require coffee to function.

I worked at a Moxie Java cafe over the summer, and we got a free drink every day we worked. Didn't matter what kind, what size, how many shots...just as long as we put it in the computer for tax purposes. So now I am a junkie, and a picky one at that.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2007 03:53
Welcome to the Council ainaloth_duredhe!
I could see working at a coffee establishment making one into a coffee junkie!

I becaoe one when I was 15 and the place to hang out was Marijoe's Cafe where I could buy a coffee for a half dollar and get free refills until I couldn't stand it anymore! Speaking of which... does any place still give away free refills? Denny's maybe?
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
silivra
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 13, 2008 09:23
Tea! Especially peppermint tea - delicious!!!
Eletúrë
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2008 08:37
Coffee!
I love coffee. I don't mind tea, but I don't like it as much as coffee. :love:
Rainyaviel_of_Rivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2008 09:31
Tea i reckon.i dont drink it all the time though.a hot Milo is just as good anyway.i dont drink hot coffee,but i dont mind iced coffee.
PrincessPana
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2008 11:00
I like both Coffee & Tea

Morning Coffee (Freshly ground Columbian) and Afternoon Tea (Earl Grey with Lemon) . . . No Sugar in either.
Gumawerian
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2008 03:46
I like herbal tea (peppermint and sage are among the favourites :love: ) with a little milk. At any time of day! Mmmm :heart:
Eowine
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2008 05:08
I drink both. The tea needs to be strong with just a bit of sugar, and the coffee very strong and black.
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: April 07, 2008 11:07
COFFEE! Black and strong. NO decaf, ever.

I can't begin my day without one or two cups of java. And I suffer withdrawal (dreadful headaches and general grumpiness) when I have been deprived.

When I spent time in the hospital in Ireland, when they finally allowed me to eat or drink anything, it was always tea, tea, tea. As soon as we landed in the USA, the first thing I looked for was any place that sold coffee. It was like a taste of heaven for me. *grins* Next time I go abroad, I'm packing a jar of instant coffee.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Eowine
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2008 05:16
Agreed Bereth, Decaf is evil! Fit only for Orcs! lol! I must say I have to VERY desperate to use instant tho.
parabola_weed
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2008 05:09
Both!
but mostly coffee ;D
Alyanome
Norn av Urd
Send Message
on: April 25, 2008 04:16
I love coffee but I'm very picky about it. There's precisely one cafe here in my hometown where they make good coffee. I mean espresso based coffees. They roast the beans themselves so they are always fresh, they know which is best quality of the flour.

What becomes to the ordinary coffee - I prefer Blue Mountain from Jamaica - one of the most expensive coffees in the world - but sadly that cafe doesn't sell it anymore. Should order from internet if I wanted it. Instead I like australian coffee Mountain Top I. :love:

But I also love tea, both green and black. They made so great green tea in Japan! I have tasted white and yellow tea as well but didn't like them that much. Rooibos is also good time to time.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2008 09:15
Coffee and tea. I drink coffee in the mornings cause without I'm dead until about 10 or 11 in the morning. I hate starting class at 7:30, it's waay too early...During our big tests in the spring however, I go with Code Red Mountain Dew. Nothing like a jolt of caffeine, sugar, and red dye to get you gonig in the mornings...
I drink tea in the evenings, during the day, and at night. I love iced tea and hot tea, I just like it in general. If I drink anything other than green tea, peppermint, chamomile, any other herbal teas, it has to be very strong, I do not like it light, I suppose I'm not average in my family for that. Both my cousin Jordan and I will not drink hot tea at my grandmother's without milk, it's just not done for us.
Narylfiel_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2008 04:27
Both!! Really I like any hot beverage, be it Coffee, Tea, Hot chocolate, esspresso or cappucino.

I am a sucker for GOOD cofee type beverages(eg. Starbucks!) and I LOVE:love: their Caramel Machiato, and I'd love to be a part time barista.
Lorien~ethel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 02, 2008 05:01
I'm a tea person. Personally, I think coffee stinks to high heaven (no offence intented).
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email