Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Walkers_Shade
Council Member
Send Message
Post Travels in a Dark Land
on: February 16, 2006 03:38
The White Horse Inn in Rohan was busy that night. The common room was busy with the usual occupants, travelers, people socializing and the occasioanl drunken letch, and of course the on dark cloaked man in the back drinking ale. That person was Héalic.

He had a five o'clock shadow, short hair and had pierceing blue eyes. He was waiting for a friend that was to be meeting him here. He scanned the room wondering where he or she would be...

[Edited on 2/17/2006 by Walkers_Shade]
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Travels in a Dark Land
on: February 16, 2006 04:59
((mind if I join?))

Anga entered the inn rather laxly, almost wishing he were back in Bree, at the Wolf--people were harder there, and provided more of a background for him to blend in to. As it was, everyone here seemed rather controlled. Not at all what he was used to.

Spotting the man he searched for in a rather shady corner--he'd chosen well, that--and meandered over, trying not to look too purposeful, and sat gently on the only other chair at the table.

"Why are you late?" the man asked rather pointedly.

"That," Anga replied softly, "is none of your business. I have a message for you."

[Edited on 17/2/2006 by pitya]
peonyfoxburr
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2006 07:03
((Hope its okay for me to join... and I hope my character's interest is okay.))

Marwen was disappointed as a stranger sat next to the mysterious man she had been watching all night. She had wanted to go over and talk to him all evening, but now he was with someone else.

It was probably for the best. Her brother wouldn't have approved. He would say the man looked like trouble, which was half the attraction... Her brother had got her the job at the Inn. He was always getting her out of trouble. She was supposed to be settling down now.

She wasn't working tonight, but the place was pretty busy... Maybe she should help out. Marwen casually walked over to their table. She thought to herself that she was probably interrupting something important by the look she got, but it was her job. "Can I get you a drink?" she said to the newest man seated at the table as she smiled at the mysterious man with blue eyes peeking out from his cloak.
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2006 03:18
((Do you mind if I join?! You can find my character in the db under Celaireth Eryniel...))

Warm and smokey air enfolded Celaireth as she entered the crowded inn. It was a strenge feeling for the slim young woman to be back in her homecountry again. She stood for a moment in the door and looked around. She really felt tired after the long journey through the wilderness. Her long curls hung down her sweaty face and her green dress looked dirty. A sword was on a belt arount her waist. "I really need a rest", she said to herself.
Then her glance fell upon thin lady sitting at the end of the bar. The seat next to this woman was still empty. So Celaireth decided to go there to get a drink and perhaps a room for the night.
"Hello", she said. "Can I sit here?!"
Walkers_Shade
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2006 03:20
Héalic sighed.

"Anga," he said lening in, speaking in a dangerous voice. "Do you have any idea how serious this is? Everyday longer this takes the less time we'll have to -" the pretty barmaid appeared. She was the most beautiful woman he had seen in a long time.

"Can I get you a drink?" she asked.

Héalic pushed his mug forward. "A cup of your strongest ale," he tossed her a bag weighed down with silver. "Keep them coming and buy yourself a glass of wine and join us." he smiled at her.

"Hello", said a woman. "Can I sit here?!"

"Of course," said Alec, he motioned to the barmaid for another ale. "Have a drink."

(((OOC: I created an OOC thread, please check it out.)))

[Edited on 2/17/2006 by Walkers_Shade]
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2006 11:47
Anga didn't know why all these pretty women were appearing all of the sudden, but he had no arguments. "Mordor can wait, Healic. Morgoth did not fall an hour."

"But you said--"

"Should I really be speaking of it in front of strangers anyway?" Turning to the two women joining them, Anga querried, "So, who exactly are you?"

[Edited on 18/2/2006 by pitya]
Walkers_Shade
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2006 03:03
Healic stood up and crossed his arms.

"Well everyone's going to now in a few months if things don't go right so they might as well."

Healic and everyone sat down and he leaned in.

"What I'm going to tell you is going to shock you, and you're not going to want to believe it but every word will be true. It is also very dangerous and if you follow along it is very likely that you won't live through it all. So if you want to leave then you better do it now."
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2006 11:36
Celaireth looked a bit confused. She didn't mean to interrupt an important discussion, but with the voices of the two getting louder, her interest was awoken. They seem to talk about something really important. She had heard rumours in the country herself, but nevertheless, she couldn't believe that there was something that needed to be kept secret from the rest of the world....
"Sorry, guys", she said. "But what exactly are you talking about?!"
Firearrow6
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2006 10:41
(Can I join? My character is in the database, but I need to update it)
Kel entered the Inn and looked around. This looked like an...interesting place. Such as those three(?) in the corner. "Hmmmmmm..." she thoght, "this looks interesting". Walking over, she leaned on the table, fluttered her eye lashes, and said"Know where a girl can get a drink?"

OOC- Kel isn't usualy this dumb, but I don't know how else to "butt in". Oh, and you can kick me out if you really want."
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2006 11:59
((I think there's four of us at the table already...now five, with you))

"Know where a can get a drink?"

Anga, slightly surprised by the audacity of the woman, interuppting an obvious conversation. But then, she was pretty enough, he supposed it wasn't too much of a bother. "You can get a drink at the bar..." Seeing her curiosity, Anga added, "Then you can join us. Healic here was just about to impart a dangerous bit of information, if you'd care to listen."

The maid got a pint, then returned to the table, pulling up a chair--it was getting to be a bit crowded. Anga, seeing she was settled, continued. "So, Healic, shall we let these women know about the inevitable destruction of the world of men?"
Walkers_Shade
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2006 01:29
"I guess we have no choice," said Healic. "A few weeks ago I was in Rhun, traveling home, here to Rohan we I got word of a string of murderers and sighting of a Balrog in Mordor. I didn't think much of it but my curosity got the better or me so I set off South to investigate. I probably went farther than anyone had seen The War of the Ring. I was about two miles from the sight of the Morannon Runins when I saw them.

Orcs, Trolls, and Men, their numbers had to be in the hundreds of thousands, maybe in the millions. I don't know whose leading them or what they're trying to do but I intend to find out. As soon as I can I'm going back to Mordor and I'm not leaving until I find out what's happening. If you come with me there's a better to fair chance you won't come back from this alive. If you're with me you're in it until the end. Make your choice."
Firearrow6
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2006 03:23
(OOC-For some reason, my computer won't do Italics, so when Kel thinks, there will be *'s at the beginning and end of the though.
"I'm coming! You'll need good fighters, and I can hold my own. I'll be with you till the end, as long as this fine fellow comes along." Kel winked at Anga. *I must have had more ale than I thought...I never act this way. But hey...he's somewhat handsome.* "When do we leave. I need a short time to prepare, but the I shall be ready."
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2006 12:35
Celaireth sat there for a moment, not moving. She thought about a similiar situation, 7 years ago. Her parents told her and her siblings to hide from the enemy. She din't know who the enemy was. As she came back to her house, her parents were dead. If these rumours should have to do something with them over the last years, then this was the only way for her.
She took a deep breath and then said:
"Well, I'm also a good sword fighter. If you need another person, then I'll go with you."
peonyfoxburr
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2006 09:50
Marwen had remained quiet as the two other women joined them and while they were being told what was going on. She was thinking of everything she would have to do before she left. She had already decided to go. She would tell the barkeep she was quitting and leave a message for her brother. She didn't want to face him in person. He would only try to talk her out of going. Then she would run up to her room and gather a few things in a bag and be on her way. She would have to 'borrow' a horse from the stable.

Marwen finally spoke up, "I'll go if you'll have me..."
Walkers_Shade
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2006 01:47
Healic slightly smiled. He stood up and cracked his knuckels.

"If you're going to com with me meet me in the stables in one hour, it's best we leave undercover of nightfall."

Healic got up and felt,for the strangest reason, that there was someone watching him.

It turns out that he was being watched. By the forgotten wizard's Alatar and Pallando, the Blue Wizards.

The two wizards had passed into the East with Saruman at the start of the Third Age and had been presumed long dead, but now they had returned, and now amongst the ruins of Bara-dur, they had salvaged the palantir of Mordor and were now watching the lands for any who might oppose them. As they searched for the one who way be a threat they saw Healic.

"Do we fear this one man?" asked Alatar.

"He is resourceful," said Pallando. "One man may be able to slip past us."

"Then we shall destroy him before striking," said Alatar as the two left the tower ruins into the open land.

As the wizards stepped out they looked towards Mt. Doom, which had again erupted in flame and was pouring smoke into the air, over there army of hundreds of thousands of Orcs and Trolls, being held in ranks by the last Balrog. The wizards looked at the front of the army to a troop of about a dozen Troll beserkers and spoke.

"Hunt down and kill anyone within 20 miles of the ruins of the Black Gates."

The Trolls roared and ran off towards the Black Gates.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2006 05:21
"If you're going to com with me meet me in the stables in one hour, it's best we leave undercover of nightfall."

Anga said nothing further, rather pleased that the women had decided to join. It would make things more interesting, at least. He'd never say it to his face, but Healic could be rather serious at times--perhaps the others will lighten his mood. And he'd seen the other woman's face go dark at the news of Mordor (he still didn't know their names, any of them), but he supposed she had her reasons. It was, after all, a dark subject. And that other woman--she'd winked at him. He'd definitely have to find out her name.

An hour later he stood outside the stabels, horse reigns in hand, waiting for the others. It was Healic who first appeared. As the other approached and stood beside him, Anga queried, "Do you really think it was wise, to tell them about Mordor? We do not even know their names."
peonyfoxburr
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2006 04:12
After writing the brief message to her brother, Marwen went to the barkeep and told him she was quitting. He only rolled his eyes at her. He wasn't surprised she was leaving. She ran up to her room, threw a few things in her bag, and she was off to the stables.

She snuck in the back. Marwen often visited the stables to escape her boredom. So she knew exactly which horse she was going to take. She was a gentle, dark brown beauty. Marwen had stood by her stall many times and told the horse of her past adventures. Now they would go on one together.

She quietly got the horse ready and led her out to meet the others who were already waiting. As she approached, she heard the last few words Anga had spoken, "...know their names..." She hadn't even realized she hadn't told them her name!

She snuck up behind them as she was so good at doing, "Well, I am Marwen and this is my horse, Ari."

[Edited on 24/2/2006 by peonyfoxburr]
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2006 06:28
After she had finished her drink, Celaireth went up to a little room and washed her face with clear cool water. It was really refreshing!
Then she went outside and made her way to the stables. Ther her black horse, Saphira, was waiting.
"I'm sorry my dear," she said to her. "But I think that there won't be any break."
Then she saw one of the women. She also made a horse ready and went out then.
Celaireth decided to follow quickly, because she didn't want to come late.
She heard the woman tell the others her name. "Oh, it's the time for introducing ourselves", she thought by herself. "Well, why not."
She went to the group and said: "My name is Celaireth. But now I want you to tell us yours, too!"
At these words she looked to the men provocative.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2006 03:48
"Well, I am Marwen and this is my horse, Ari."

"My name is Celaireth. But now I want you to tell us yours, too!"

Marwen had hardly introduced herself before the other maid jumped in. Celaireth it was then; someday he would have to ask her why she had looked so sad. Understanding Healic and he could not possibly have a private conversation now, he gave up for the time being. After all, they didn't look at all dangerous, at least not to those who were on their side. "I'm sorry I haven't told you my name sooner! Forgive me my m rs," he apologized, "It is never polite to keep a woman waiting." For fear of the consequences, he added to himself. "My name is Anga...Youa re both of Rohan?"
Walkers_Shade
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2006 06:30
Glad to finally hear the women's names he noticed that Anga had his eye on Celaireth. He smiled and slightly chuckeled, he prayed they'd all get out of this so maybe something could develop for his friend.

"My name is Healic," he said stepping forward, his dark cloak draped over his shoulders in a mysterious and slightly attractive way. "Thank you for accompining me us. If what I think is true then we'll need all the help we can get."
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2006 01:25
"You're both of Rohan?"

The man called Angar really seemed to be careful on whom they can take with them on this dangerous journey. Celaireth could understand him. She also didn't trust everyone at first.

"I can only speak for myself, becasue I haven't met Marwen before. But yes, I was born in Rohan and lived there in my childhood."
With these words all her feelings came up again. The sadness and the hate. With this the wish for revenge.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2006 01:46
Once more Anga felt Celaireth's sorrow, and again puzzled over it--perhaps later. "I was born Gondorian, though I have traveled over much of Arnor;" he didn't mention what he had been doing there. Suddenly remembering the other woman, the one who had winked at him--he smiled slightly as he recalled it--was not with them, he added, "Do either of you know where the other maid is?"
peonyfoxburr
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2006 08:15
"I have no idea where the other is. Hopefully she will be here soon so we can be on our way... I am also born of Rohan. I left when I was sixteen and have only just come back recently... I had many adventures that got me into quite a bit of trouble..."

Marwen stopped herself abruptly. She had a way of rambling on when she was nervous. She had no idea why she should be so nervous even if Healic was handsome. She had seen many handsome men in her time and none made her so nervous. Perhaps it was his mysterious nature...

She tried to look anywhere but at him. She hoped he didn't notice her strange mood.
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2006 12:44
"The last time I've seen her, she was with us at the table. But I'm sure she'll join us soon."

Celaireth thought that Marwen was quite a nice woman and she was glad to travel along with these people. The first time not alone.
She noticed, that Marwen stopped abrubtly and saw her glance. She couldn't hide a little smile....

(OOC: I only want you to know that I'm off until Saturday. I'll on holiday, skiing and there I don't have any computer. You can also play on with my character, doesn't matter.... Have a nice time!!!!)
Walkers_Shade
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2006 03:02
Healic mounted his horse and ran his fingers through his hair to get it out of his eyes. He noticed that the one woman, the barmaid, Marwen, was trying not to look at him. He was a good enough rouge to know when someone was trying not to look at him. When her eyes did meet his he flashed her a smile and winked.

"We'll have to leave shortly," he said at large. 'We may all be dead if we don't.' he thought privately to himself.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2006 02:00
Acknowledging the fact that they needed to keep moving, Anga consented, "Well, we might as well start. I suppose if the other maid," --however pretty she may be-- "must catch up with us if she is to come. I daresay she can find our tracks, at least out of the stableyard." Mounting his horse, he offered, "Shall we?"
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2006 04:45
"Ok guys, I think you are right", Celaireth said after a while, "let's start the journey." She wasn't tired anymore and she couldn't wait to move again. She swang herself into the saddle elegantly and patted her horse. Then she asked: "Do you have a plan on which ways we are going to travel?!"
peonyfoxburr
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2006 01:55
Marwen could feel Healic watching her. She finally looked up at him and he smiled and winked at her. She quickly turned to her her horse and said, "I agree. We should be on our way." She blushed as she fumbled to mount her new horse.

The horse protested a little wondering who this person was taking her out of the stables, but she quickly gave in as Marwen calmed her. She hoped the others had not noticed her small difficulty calming the horse. She was also glad they were leaving soon. She didn't want the owner, whoever that may be, coming back to find their horse missing.
Walkers_Shade
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2006 03:13
Healic nodded to everyone and they set out. He rode at the front and gave them his plans.

"We're going to follow the Anduin south until we reach Osgiliath. We'll cross there and head towards Mordor from the ruins of the Black Gates. Any questions?"
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2006 01:53
"Yes," Anga returned, drawing his horse near. "Are we stopping in Minas Tirith?" He owed some men there, and wasn't at all eager to pay them with the empty purse he had. "If it's all the same, I'd rather skip over it." In fact, he was rather happy to have left so soon--he didn't know how much the money meant to his...benefactors, and he didn't want to find out.
Walkers_Shade
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2006 06:04
Healic looked at Anga.

"I doubt we'll go to the White City yet. We will have to go there eventually to tell the king what force is marshalling in Mordor."
peonyfoxburr
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2006 08:14
((I don't want this thread to die!! So, since no one else was moving forward, I hope everyone is alright with me moving the story forward a bit. If not, I'll delete it.))

They left quickly. That ensured there wasn't any trouble with the former owner of her new horse, Ari, and she was glad. She wondered why Anga didn't want to go to Minas Tirith. She had only been there once as a small child and in all her adventures she had wanted to go back, but had never had the chance.

Healic, Anga, Celaireth, and Marwen barely spoke the first day of their journey. When the night became too cold to travel any further, they made camp on the bank of the Anduin. With the river to one side of camp, they really only needed one watch at a time.

Marwen volunteered for the first few hours. She knew she wouldn't be able to sleep anyway. She never could on the first leg of any exciting adventure. She sat on a fallen log a few yards from where the others lay and got out a cask of ale from her bag to keep her warm. After about a half an hour, she heard one of the others restlessly moving about. Then he got up and came over to her. Apparently, Healic couldn't sleep either...

((Hope that's okay Shade...))
Walkers_Shade
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2006 03:08
Healic tried to go to sleep but he couldn't. Images kept filling his head of his childhood. His childhood hand't been bad by any means but it hadn't been the best. His father had been a merchant trading in everything from furs to weapons. He had left one day, on a long caravan down the Anduin but had never returned. Healic had been ten that day.

Healic got up and walked over to Marwen. He saw the flask in her hands, took it from her and gave her his cloak. Not the most original advance but it'd keep her warmer than the ale.

"It will keep you warmer than the ale." he said. He took the lid off the flask and sniffed it. "Warmer than this kind anyway."

"Couldn't you sleep?" she asked, grateful for his cloak.

"Nightmares," he said. "I could feel them brewing. You?"
peonyfoxburr
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2006 09:15
Marwen was a bit surprised when Healic gave her his cloak. It was sweet and it was keeping her warmer than the ale was. She was surprised because she hadn't been treated this way by most men she had met. On other journeys with other men, she was treated as 'one of the guys.' She was growing up though, she thought.

"I couldn't sleep even if I wanted to. Never could on the first leg of a new journey - especially one as dangerous as this."

They chatted a long while telling each other things about themselves. Despite the fact that she was excited and nervous, Marwen began to get sleepy. It must be the ale,she thought to herself. She didn't want to go to sleep though. She was having such a good time talking with Healic.

She had almost run out of things to talk about. So she decided to ask more about the journey. "How long do you think it will take us to reach Osgiliath?" She hoped he didn't notice her stifling a yawn.
Walkers_Shade
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2006 02:57
Healic was starting to like this girl, he hadn't opened up like this to anyone before in his life. She just made him feel so comfotable and so relaxed. The two had gone through nearly every topic when she asked more about the journey.

""How long do you think it will take us to reach Osgiliath?" she said, stifling a yawn.

"Hopefully no more than two days." he said. Healic stared to the East, towads Mordor, which only Elven eyes could make out at this distance. He couldn't see the Mountains of Shadow but he did see a red ripple of the dawn coming.

"Valar," he muttered."We've been up all night." Healic got up and searched around in a saddle bag. He took out several apples, a wedge of cheese and a loaf of bread.

"Breakfast." he said as he distributed everything through himself, Marwen and the rest of the people who were beginning to wake.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email