Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post Mission to Haradwaith - Please Join!!!!
on: March 11, 2006 04:47
A diplomatic mission? Denethor wanted them to go on a diplomatic mission? That didn't seem real likely. Denethor had asked a group of his soldiers to go on a diplomatic mission to Haradwaith. Denethor wanted to try and make peace with their southern neighbors. Fairion had no problem following the orders of the steward, but lately the steward's orders seemed to be quite odd. Almost as if he wasn't thinking clearly.

Fairion turned to the bag that he was packing. He had a change of clothing, an extra cloak, and then a small journel and a quill and ink. He also packed a little bit of food. Denethor had promised to supply them with all the food they would need, but Fairion's sister had wanted to be sure he had some.

Fairion looked around him to make sure he had everything. He had his uniform on. He would also have had armor, but Denethor had sworn they wouldn't need it. It's a diplomatic mission. Still, if he had extra room in his pack or saddle bags, he'd make sure to pack some of his armor. He did pack his sword and his bow and arrows. If anyone asked, they were for hunting purposes, even though Fairion believed other wise.

Fairion grabbed his things and headed outside where his horse waited. He tied the pack to the saddle and mounted his horse. Then he headed down where he was meating the rest of his group. THen they would leave to Haradwaith.

((OOC - Pretty much anyone can join. We start in Minas Tirith then head down south on a diplomatic mission for Denethor. It's pretty much not scripted. I'd pretty much assume most of us are Gondorian, though a few others won't surprise me. Anyway, let's have fun and explore the south! Come and join me! I'd love to roleplay with you. And if you decide to play a Gondorian soldier, you can assume you know Fairion. I won't care!))

[Edited on 16/3/2006 by musicalgal123]
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Mission to Haradwaith - Please Join!!!!
on: March 11, 2006 01:14
"Get out of here!"

Durroch was thrown without prequel out into the street by the nape of his neck. Had he slept anytime recently, he would have fought back, but as it was, he took it without objection. He landed right in the path of an oncoming horse, and the driver bellowed,

"Hey, out of the way!"

Durroch did roll out of the horse's path, then puzzled--where was his horse? Probably still in Bree. Or Rohan. One of the two.

"Are you alright?"

He looked up to find a rather tall youth staring at him with concerned eyes. He had red hair, something Durroch was quick to note--that held some significance, he thought. Wasn't he looking for someone...No, that was a year ago. Before he lost his job.

"I'm okay," he assured, trying to rise; he failed.

The other helped him up. "I'm Garaf. You're covered in mud!"

"I'm okay," Durroch repeated. "I do this all the time."

Garaf hauled him to his feet. "I can see that." Garaf was torn--he needed to report. He was part of a mission the Lord Denethor ordered to Haradwaith; but this man seemed in need of help. "Can I do something for you?"

"Find me a horse. And a job."

"Well, I can't really...I mean...I'm a guard, you see, and I need to report--"

"I can be a guard," Durroch retorted defiantly. "Where do I apply?"

He needed to leave. "You don't really apply, you need to--"

"Good. Then I have the job. Show me where to go."

Garaf had a bad feeling about this. With unease settling in his stomach, he lead Durroch through the streets and finally came upon the designated meeting place. He spotted Farion, whom he knew, already atop his horse.

((sorry about the length...))

[Edited on 11/3/2006 by pitya]
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 12, 2006 01:11
((OOC - Don't be sorry about the length because I like long posts... I just usually have trouble coming up with a little post))

Fairion headed stopped at the meeting place and waited. No one had arrived yet. He was probobly early. It wouldn't surprise him if Denethor decided to see them off, although, he didn't really want that to happen...

Fairion couldn't shake himself of the feeling that something was wrong. Denethor didn't seem to be in his right mind, yet, Fairion could not admit that the steward was going insane. He had made an oath to the steward, and even a hint of insanity would not make him break that oath. Still, the mission had a bad omen about it. Ever since the orcs had started attacking more often, it also seemed the rangers who held Henneth Annun were also trying to hold off the Haradrim in the south. Would he had his company even be able to survive their mission.

Fairion's thoughts were broken by the sounds of a horse trotting upon the cobblestone streets of Minas Tirith. He looked over and saw a fellow gaurd, Garaf and... and a dirty and gruff looking companion.

"Greetings Garaf! How are you and... and who is your companion?" Fairion asked with a look of curiosity strewn across his face.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2006 01:15
"I'm Durroch," the mud-covered stranger answered. "I'm coming with you."

At this Fairion raised his brow, a silent question.

"I found him in the street," Garaf cut in, rather woefully. "I told him he couldn't but..."

"I need a horse," Durroch interrupted. "Do you suppose they'll give me one?" Where was his horse? Then he remembered--hadn't he been over this already? Although, he did miss it. Rather like being stuck in a boat without a paddle, that. "And who are you?" he added, turning to Fairion. "I think I've seen you, in a tavern maybe? Or not. Maybe in Rohan. Though I don't suppose you've been to Rohan. Where exactly are we going?"

[Edited on 17/3/2006 by pitya]
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 20, 2006 02:16
"I'm Durroch," the mud-covered stranger answered. "I'm coming with you."

Fairion raised his eyebrows in a silent question. What did he just say? Did Fairion hear him correctly?

"I found him in the street," Garaf cut in, rather woefully. "I told him he couldn't but..."

"But what!" Fairion tried to ask, but he doubted that Garaf even heard. Durroch had spoken at the same moment.

"I need a horse. Do you suppose they'll give me one?" he blurted out.

A horse? Fairion rubbed his eyes and took a double take. He had to be dreaming. No one just randomly decided to join Denethor's army on a whim. Why would this man? Many people saw the changes in their steward. Still no one would dare mention them. They couldn't take the chance that he believed it was treason. With their steward not thinking clearly, Fairion doubted that many people actually felt safe in Gondor.

"And who are you?" Durroch added, turning to Fairion, "I think I've seen you, in a tavern maybe? Or not. Maybe in Rohan. Though I don't suppose you've been to Rohan. Where exactly are we going?"

"I am Fairion, one of Lord Denethor's soldiers. I haven't been to Rohan and I definately don't go into taverns." Fairion sighed. He was lieing. He had been in taverns. He had gone to Rohan. And, for some reason, Durroch's voice did sound familiar. Still, he would never admit that he didn't serve the steward as well as he was supposed to. He couldn't admit that. It would just cause too many problems...

"We are going south, to Haradwaith. If you insist on going along, I'd advice you to speak with Lord Denethor. It is likely that he will arive to see us off!"
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2006 07:32
Durroch didn't particularly like this idea--from what he'd heard of Denethor, he wasn't a man for less than intense conversation. And, our had it, he had begun going mad. "Do you suppose you could just give me a horse and be off, before he gets here? I don't think it's really necessary--"

"Oh, but it is," Garaf cut in, seeing his opportunity to dump the rather eccentric stranger. "He'll be here any minute."

Men continued to filter into the commons, mounting horses and readying for the journey. Durroch shifted uneasily back and forth, unsure--he really didn't fancy the idea of talking to Gondor's Steward.
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2006 04:08
(Hope you don't mind if I join, Larin is a northerner who joined the Gondorian army some years ago, he is in the database)

Larin rode his horse into the commons. His twin shortswords and mace were attached to his belt for all to see. He rode up to Garaf and Fairion and dismounted. "Good morning gentlemen, ready to ride are we?" Larin said with a smirk on his face. Larin noticed the filthy looking stanger standing next to them. "Who's this one?" He asked.
Visit my Etsy Shop: The Tower of Or and Sable
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2006 04:50
Durroch wasn't intimidated. "I'm Durroch, my good sir. And your mace is entirely too flashy to be of any use to you."

Garaf knew he had some explaining to do. "I found him in the streets, and now he wants to be a guard on the mission. We told him he needs to talk to Lord Denethor..."
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2006 09:24
Larin drew his mace from his belt and held it up to Durroch. "I will have you know, sir, that this mace has broken many a skull in my hand." He put it back in his belt. "Both orc and man. And yes, he should consult the Steward before joining us."
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 29, 2006 12:24
Fairion rolled his eyes. If Durroch was actually going to join them on their mission, it would be quite... well... interesting, you could say. On the other hand, Fairion wasn't quite sure how much he could take.

Still, the idea of having an extra hand was very appealing. The mission gave Fairion shudders. Haradwaith was working with Sauron. How then could they pull off a diplomatic mission? As far as Fairion was concerned, they were already close to death.

Still, having sworn an oath to Denethor, Fairion would follow orders and go on the mission, even if it was risky.

"Larin, Garaf, do we know when Lord Denethor is going to come see us off? Do we know how many soldiers he is sending on the mission?"
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2006 04:41
"The Lord should be here any time," Garaf offered, shifting uncomfortably--despite Durroch, he wasn't sure he wanted to go on this mission.

At that moment, sennets announced the entrance of Lord Denethor.

He was tall, solemn, stern; Denethor was the kind of person whose gaze withered others' security. His eyes roamed over the men, scrutinizing each one. Eventually he noticed the pair of legs attempting to hide behind Garaf's horse.

Riding over to the cluster of men, the Lord barked, "Who is that?"

Garaf stuttered--"M-my lord, he...That is...I..."

Durroch gathered his courage and stepped out into the open. "I am called Durroch, Milord. I am to accompany your guards on the mission."

"Indeed," Denethor mused, stroking his chin. For some reason, this seemed to please him. "I daresay you look dirty enough." After a short pause, he decided, "Yes. You shall." He turned, motioning to his personal guard. "Outfit Master Durroch in Guard's livery, and--"

"I have no horse," the man added boldly.

It amused the Gondorian Lord. "--and find him a horse," he finished.

Garaf couldn't believe it--how could Durroch talk like that to the Lord and not be incarcerated? And the man was now coming with them on the mission! What was the Lord thinking? Probably doing it just to make things difficult for us, Garaf thought bitterly.
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2006 04:55
After Denathor was out of earshot, Larin burst out laughing. "I like this man." He said giving Durroch a friendly swat on the back. "I have a feeling this will be an interesting journey."
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2006 01:16
Durroch, as promised, was outfitted acceptably for the post of a Gondorian guard ready for a long journey, and soon joined the others again. Riding up on a black gelding, sword at side, he looked a bit more imposing that the dirty rat he'd been. Pulling up beside Garaf, he saw the thought reflected in the other's eyes, and barked, "What is wrong, sir Garaf? Do you suppose I look like a clown?"

"No," Garaf was quick to recover, "I was just thinking--"

"I may not be as young as I once was, but thirty three is not a very old age for men, and if you intend to say more about it I dont' suggest you say it in my presence." He was rather pleased to have a sword at his side again--he enjoyed scaring the embarassed Garaf. After all, the boy blushed at the slightest prompting.

Garaf tried to recover; "I never said--"

"But you thought it," Durroch barked, mock angry. Garaf was the only one who didn't pick up the sarcastic tone. "I'll have your head if you so much as think about my garb, are we clear?"

Garaf nodded his head vigorously, turning a little pale.
Sirthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2006 03:26
(I hope you don't mind me joining?)

Ge’eth rummaged through his bags one last time. Noting that the small chest with his herbs and healing equipment was secured in its hold on the saddle he returned to his bag. He fitted his saddle bags in place, the black mare looked adorned with the red headpiece he had manufactured the past few weeks. He had made the saddle as well, a kind that the people from the north never taken a liking to; instead of a whole saddle this was separated over the horses back.
About a month earlier he had been approached by a man he had worked for on several occasions, Fairion who had asked the somewhat unwilling man if he could go with them on a mission to Haradwaith. Fairion had also said that armor wasn’t necessary, Ge’eth had laughed at this. His simple answer had been that he had no death wish. Ge’eth was now donned in black multilayered robes, wide and loose fitting, successfully hiding a metal-plated coat, and of course; a variety of daggers. He had his bent back bow in a holster on the right side; the string in place in a small pouch, of course he had extra hidden away from any damp. He glanced around at the place that he had started to call home, as he effortlessly jumped up on Ahm’s back.

He came to the meeting point just as Denethor left it, Ge’eth was just as glad, his allegiance to Gondor was adamant, but the man made him disconcerted. The few encounters he had had in person with the Steward had been ended with cold glares.
Ge’eth leaned back as he neared Fairion, Ahm stopping next to Fairion’s horse.
“I see that you have a new guard with you this time,” he smiled to Fairion.
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 03, 2006 03:33
"But you thought it," Durroch barked, mock angry. Garaf was the only one who didn't pick up the sarcastic tone. "I'll have your head if you so much as think about my garb, are we clear?"

"Durroch, I'll have your head delivered to the Steward on my sword if you dare! Just because you are a gaurd now, doesn't mean you can order everyone around. You still have your own orders to follow, including those of your superior officers. The only difference now is that disobeying them has higher penalties..." Fairion rattled off quickly, putting a little emphasis on the words "higher penalties". He wasn't in the best of moods and he surely wasn't going to let this new gaurd get the better of anyone. He remembered being a new gaurd... All too well... In fact his mistakes had almost cost him his life... He was lucky to have found Denethor's more merciful side. Even now though, that didn't stop Fairion from making risky choices...

“I see that you have a new guard with you this time,” Ge'eth smiled to Fairion.

"Indeed..." Fairion replied noticing Ge'eth's bulkier appearance. Fairion smiled inwardly. He had followed Denethor's orders completely. Recruite men for the mission. Explain that no armor was necessary. Still, seeing his soldiers in armor made him more comfortable. He still had a bad feeling about this mission.

"We will wait a little while longer to see if any other soldiers decided to come," although the penalty for disobeying the stewards orders was death, Fairion would easily understand if no one else showed up. Their mission was risky. The outcome did not look good.
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2006 05:03
"I say we leave now." Larin said impatiently. "let them catch us up if they really want to come. Besides, if we leave now we might get back in time for dinner." he joked. He adjusted his saddle and mumbled to himself. "Everyone knows this mission is a crock anyway."
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 13, 2006 12:54
Fairion looked around him. If they left now, they'd never have enough people to defeat the people of the south if they were attacked. That and they still had to worry about orcs along the way down. Still, if they waited any longer Denethor would be annoyed more than anything. That was the last thing that Fairion wanted. Fairion was far from Denethor's good side. Maybe that's why Denethor chose Fairion to lead it. Maybe Denethor had the same suspisions that Fairion had. Maybe Denethor wanted Fairion to be dead.

If that was the case, then Fairion almost deserved it. Fairion had royally messed up. After swearing allegiance, he went on a mission to Rohan. Against his superior's orders he went into a small tavern and got into a fight. Things got out of hand. Fairion should have been punished more than he was...

"Let's head out," Fairion called out as he shook his memories from his mind. He was on a mission right now and he didn't plan to screw this one up. Fairion kicked his heels into the horse's side and began to trot down and out of Minas Tirith.

"Henneth Anun, where the rangers of ithilien are, is only about two days ride from here. We'll stop there for a small break before returning on our mission south!"
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2006 03:25
Durroch said nothing on the way through the city--it was the first time he'd actually seen it sober and in daylight. And atop a horse. When they'd reached the city gates, he pulled alongside Ge'eth and growled, "I think I've seen you before, lad. Were you ever in Arnor?"

Garaf rolled his eyes, cursing the good intentions that had ever made him think of Durroch kindly.
elven_princess14
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2006 08:10
(mind if I join? My char is in the database, and I thought I should start rping again.)

Mounting his new ride, after quickly packing all that he would need for the journey, Targon left his house near the city gates just in time to meet up with the rest of the group as they were passing the tall double doors. Finding his way to Fairion's side, he addressed the fellow soldior and reported that he was now here. "I am terribly sorry that I was late. I had things to attend to." Looking to see who all was here Targon then commented on the few soldiors...and one other. "Is this all Lord Denethor could send? Does he seriously think that we will have no trouble? " The seemingly new stupidity of they're Steward annoyed Targon easly. He looked behind him to make sure that all his belongings were still tightly bound to the horse, a habbit ever since he was a boy when once he lost a lunch when he tied the pack wrong. He had gone without food for two days because of it and always slightly feared losing something again. Targon's eyes fell onto a familiar face then. " Is that you Larin? -It is! I haven't seen you since that false alarm on the second level of the city when we were on guard there...Do you remember?" A big smile stretched across his face to see his old buddy again.

Ooc: Hope you don't mind Thal, I couldn't think of anything else to type then to have someone he knew on the journey. lol /Ooc
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2006 10:53
(That's fine, ep)

"Vaguely" Larin said with a smile before mounting his horse. "How have you been, my friend?"
Sirthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2006 11:27
Ge'eth looked at Durroch, his dark eyes calmly assessing the new guard, his smile widened.
“Arnor? I have travelled so far north, but that was nearly ten years ago,” he said with his usual melodic voice. He pulled his knee up and rested the foot on the saddle, it looked rather uncomfortable and hard to keep one’s balance but Ge’eth found it relaxing. He was used with many hours in the saddle. “However, you might have seen me in the City, although I seldom have time to visit any taverns,” he continued as he glanced over at the man that joined them, Targon was it? He only knew this one by sight, but from what Ge'eth heard, he was a fierce warrior. He returned his steady gaze to Durroch, letting the other know that he was unfazed by his prior demeanour against the younger Garaf. The man looked at the horse, a dark gelding, not as dark as his own Ahm, it seemed very keen and energetic and Ge'eth decided that he liked the animal.
“You should name your horse; he is too fine of an animal not to have a name.”
elven_princess14
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2006 04:13
(Thanks Thal^_^)

Guiding his horse next to Larin's side, Targon sat back into a relaxing position. "I have been well, for the most part. -You? It seems as though we have to catch-up somewhat." He looked around at the others and vaguely recognized one but could not recall his name. Oh well, sooner or later he would find out.

(If you guys looked at Targon's bio, you know I haven't put up a picture. I'm thinking about drawing one but I don't know how long that will take since my days are busy for awhile. Let's just hope I can find time.)
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2006 05:48
"Well, I have been moved around from batallion to batallion. The captains and I seem to always have.... disagreements. What about you? What have you been doing?"
elven_princess14
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2006 04:25
A sigh escaped the opening of Targon's mouth before he answered his friend. " Aye, That's sounds like you. Always creating trouble." A short laugh proceeded, then. " I myself have been traveling more then often and it seems I have brought myself into yet another lengthy excursion. I don't know how I seem to do this to myself...Ah, oh well." As they continued down the beginning of a long trail, Targon started to wonder what exactly would happen...How he took it, it seemed as though there was something..well, different about this trip. After a few minutes of debating on whether to talk to the others about his hunch or not, he decided it would be best to drop the subject until later if anything concerning the matter rose. Reluctantly Targon pushed the thoughts from his mind.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2006 05:13
“You should name your horse; he is too fine of an animal not to have a name.”

Durroch scrutinized his horse as if seriously considering this. "You know, I never found a horse deserving of a name. Disconsolate beasts the lot of them. The last one I had, a great chestnut, I think he was, ran out from under me during an orc-raid." Sighing a bit, he shook his head. "No, horses don't deserve names. And I trust them about as far as I can throw them, give or take...Does your...fine steed...have a name?"
Sirthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2006 07:35
Ge'eth looked at the man, his contagious laughter evident in his voice.
“Her full name is Ahm- Fadila Dua. She has a linage longer than mine and I count my family back to the Second Age,” he said as he glared at the man. “Her grandsire carried me from Harad, to safety. Her lady saved my life in Ithilien where she stood her ground against wargs. Horses are as loyal as you are against them. And you better be faithful to that one or he will leave you under the harsh sun of Harad.”
With that he regained his seat, ushered Ahm forward and as the smooth mare gained her speed he let go of the reins, whilst doing this he strung his bow. Ge’eth felt like playing and even though he knew that Fairion most likely would yell at him he couldn’t really resist it. The man leaned down on the right side so that his precious horse hid him from the others sight, he knocked an arrow and as he silently willed more speed from Ahm. He bolted back into the saddle just as he passed the small column, his arrow aimed straight for Durrochs face.
“That, my friend is how the desert people ride and fight,” he said as he took the arrow into his left hand. He grinned and winked to Gareth as he rode up to Fairion well knowing that he might be in for a yelling.

elven_princess14
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2006 10:05
Targon watched the feat before sighing a little and changing his gaze to Fairion to see what he would make of it.Personally he liked how smoothly Ge'eth practiced the maneuverer. He himself had never been able to do it without it looking like an age-old man doing it. Targon wasn't a smooth kind of guy unless it came to sword fighting. He could handle a sword easily since he was seven. But with any other form of movement it seemed he could not grasp the 'smooth' way of doing it. In some ways he was jealous but he learned to live with the things he had, and all those feelings he would turn away from his mind quickly. " Very well done soldier. I wish I could say that I could pull that off just as well...-I don't believe that we have ever worked together before." Targon said to Ge'eth. "What be your name?" He continued to say. A proper greeting was in hand, If Targon was to be riding with these men for so long, he figured it'd be best to get to know them now.
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 24, 2006 11:03
Fairion secretly laughed in amazement at the accuracy of the arrow. Shooting from his horse was never something that he could accomplish.

"Please don't kill each other. I'm assuming we'll need each other alive when we arrive south..."

Fairion wasn't angry. He was more distracted by the possiblitity that Denethor was using this mission as a way to get rid of Fairion. Maybe that's why there were so few of them. Maybe Denethor had grudges against the whole group. Wahtever it was, the idea was bugging Fairion. It was the last thing he wanted...

The horse Fairion rode lunged foward quickly. "Careful Demetrius," Fairion called out. "I know you like to run, but not now..."

Demetrius had been with Fairion for years. They were family. Fairion remembered when his father had purchased a much younger Demetrius as a gift. Fairion spent a few years training the horse. Now they were like brothers. It wasn't hard for either of them to just know what the other was thinking or feeling. That was just how they knew each other. It was how much they cared for each other.

((OOC - sorry about my short disappearance. Didn't mean to not tell you that I wouldn't be here. Probobly won't happen again.... I would have written more but I'm not thinking much so I'm not sure what to write... Yeah... I'll be back later...))
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 05, 2006 11:56
((OOC - yeah... I'm waiting for someone to post something because I'm not sure where to go with what I wrote..))
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2006 01:57
((sorry, wasn't quite sure if I should jump in))

Garaf laughed good-naturedly at Ge'eth's manuevering, and the look of annoyance on Durroch's face--probably because he could do no such thing, Garaf guessed, amused.

"You know, Fairion," Garaf said, pulling up next to his friend, "If I should try that, you'd have my head on a pike." He tried to ignore the disturbed look in Fairion's eyes--none of them, except perhaps Durroch, liked the idea of this mission.
Unawen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2006 07:06
OOC hello all! :wave: this thread looks like fun and I thought it might make for an interesting time to throw a female into the mix.
The name is pronounced Kah-tear-uh, for those who might care about that sort of thing...yea...anywho...hi!

Before Caterra could recieve her final instructions from Denethor the group she was to be traveling with had already left he probably didn't even mention me to them she thought to herself as she readied herself to leave, checking to see that her sword, bow, quiver, dagger, and small knapsack were all in place; she mounted Harmanin and pulled on her hood, to hide her ears, before taking off as fast as she dared through the busy city streets.

Once outside the city walls Caterra scanned the horizon in all directions until she saw a group of riders moving towards Ithilien,"how did they get so far already? Come on Haramanin let's catch up" Harmanin took off running gaining ground quickly, they'd overtake them before they reached the edge of Ithilien.

[Edited on 5/9/2006 by Unawen]
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2006 01:52
Larin looked back behind him and spotted a figure on a horse riding toward them. "We are being followed." He said loosening his mace on his belt. He wasn't sure the rider ment them any harm, but he knew Denethor and several Gondorian captains did not want Larin around, hence his assignment to the mission.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2006 02:25
Garaf heard someone say they were being followed, and noted with surprise that Durroch instantly wheeled his horse around, looking back in--was it fear? Garaf dismissed it as he had everything else about the man.

Several men gathered around Larin, the one who had spoken, and Garaf joined, looking in the direction Larin had. "Who do you suppose it could be?" he asked no one and everyone.
elven_princess14
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2006 07:30
Slightly surprised that someone else would be traveling this road, Targon remember that they were not yet that far away from the city. He'd set his mind a little to early for only seeing the people with him now for possibly a long while. In any case he looked behind his shoulder to see who this person was. When the other got close enough he almost gasp at what he saw, then quickly regained his composer..A woman! That was the least thing of all that he thought that he would see. It was not uncommon for there to be woman soldiers, travelers and such but he, yet again, did not expect it to be. Targon glanced at the others to see what they're reaction was, then remembering his manners he carefully approached the lady. " Are you friend or foe?" He called out to her before reaching the traveler. No matter what, safety always came first when on a 'mission'.

She was obviously accustomed to fighting noting her weaponry and attire. And automatically he slightly backed off, he did not want to start anything if she was against them.
Sirthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2006 08:14
((sorry for my delay... I have been up to evillry...))

Ge'eth looked back towards the city, surprised to see a woman ride after them. He was better aquinted with female warriors than most of the Gondorians. Four of his half-sisters had been counted among the best of their warriors and his mother Maar'hol had been a leader of the Wings. Even his favorite sister She'aree had been a fierce fighter even though she had only been eight when their clan had been wiped out.

His dark eyes unwillingly darted to the still pink scars scattered across his arms and he suddeny wished that he had said no to this. Ge'eth forced himself to looked up at the approaching woman.

Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email