Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Eveligh
Council Member
Send Message
Post ooc for Winter's Deep
on: April 19, 2006 07:32
It is the time of Helm Hammerhand and the Long Winter has made itself known. It has been four years since Helm struck Freca, since Helm declared that Freca’s son, Wulf and all his kin and loyalties enemies to Rohan. Fresh assault has fallen upon Rohan and the Dunlending once loyal to Freca are now led by his son for Wulf seeks the throne of Helm. Rohan is weak and no aid from Gondor can be sent. The telling begins on the day before Wulf comes to Edoras, before Helm flees to the Hornburg.

Ealdor, friend to Helm’s son Haleth returns one night from an outride to hear news that Wulf is coming and Helm still decides on what he is to do. But the choice is soon made for those of Edoras when Wulf, the Dunlendings and other enemies to the Rohirrim overrun Rohan and Edoras is taken. Helm flees to the deep. But in the madness Ealdor must search for his sister and he witnesses the fall of Haleth defending the door to Meduseld.

Things become more interesting here; Ealdor now wants vengeance for his friends murder and so knowing the forces of Rohan are not at their peak he decides to take the guise of a Dunlending. At the Hornburg, Ealdor’s family discover that he is among the missing and fear that he has been enslaved by Wulf. Now Ealdor’s siblings, Gloedwine his brother and his sister Indryhten begin to search for those willing to brave the cold of the Long Winter to return to Edoras and face Wulf to save a brother.

~*~

This is still a thought very much in the process, but I hope you get the general idea. The types of characters needed for this thread are Men. Meaning, no hobbits, elves and so on. That said both the good and the bad would be needed for this thread, such as the roles of Helm or Wulf, Dunlendings and Rohan warriors, the number of maidens will be limited also. I will be playing, Ealdor and Indryhten. The role of Gloedwine has already been claimed by gwendeth. :love:

I’m looking for lengthy/detailed posts, and yes, that means more then one paragraph. (At least 2-3 of detail would be nice.) Any ideas, twists and turns in the plot are welcome and are to be discussed here first. I would like this thread to be posted in, somewhat regularly to keep it moving and it will be a scripted thread and hopefully based in TT.

Anyone interested should post here or PM me, Eveligh to join.

[Edited on 19/9/2006 by Eveligh]
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
Post RE: ooc for Winter's Deep
on: April 19, 2006 09:05
Yep, I'm going Gloedwine!

I should have his profile up later today!
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
Annûniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 20, 2006 06:33
Eve! You're making me create *more* characters! That's so evil!

It sounds very interesting indeed. *nod nod* You seem to like Rohan a lot, so that's good I'll see what I can do about characters.

Crazy character making....

[Edited on 20/4/2006 by Annûniel]
Eveligh
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2006 02:21
Annuniel! hehe yes, I'm evil that way! :evil:

And yes, I have an obsession with Rohan. I can't wait to see your characters! They are always so great!
Annûniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 21, 2006 02:41
Yay! Frédel is done and ready for any possible critique!

Oh and because she's tied to Wulf, I'd be willing to take on that character if no one else wants to take him. I have some ideas for him anyway. Let me know if I have to make a profile for him too.

I'm going to create one more character for the RP. He'll probably just be some Rohirric Rider that journeys with the brother and sister for whatever reason. I have no ideas as of right now but I'll come up with somethin'.

[Edited on 22/4/2006 by Annûniel]
Annûniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 22, 2006 05:08
Double post, I know

I just wanted to make sure all of you saw that I finished my other character, Béomund.

Eveligh told me through MSN that a profile for Wulf would be nice so I'll come up with that soon too Hooray for charrie making! Lol.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: April 24, 2006 02:10
I told Eveligh via MSN this, but as an FYI, have a 'start' on Gloedwine's profile up.
Eveligh
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2006 01:49
Annuniel, I love your profiles, your characters are just amazing! And yays for the starting on Gloedwine's profile! Very nice thus far.

As for starting the thread, I'm thinking/working on a post at the moment, just enough to get us going.

[Edited on 25/4/2006 by Eveligh]
Eveligh
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2006 06:05
Double post, I know.

This is just a quick note to say that I have started the thread and it can be located here! Go forth and post when you can, hehe and if there is any toubles with the post, let me know.

You can't half tell that I'm excited about this thread, huh?
Annûniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 25, 2006 08:00
Hooray for starting threads!

Hooray for character profiles! I finished Wulf the other day.

Just so you know, I may be slow with posting over the next month or so. Next week is the last week of classes, and then evil finals so... Busy busy busy! I'll try to post when I can, but bear with me!
gwendeth
Send Message
on: April 25, 2006 03:32
Heys! Awesome profiles, Annûniel!

Just so you know - I'm working on the first post for Gloedwine - have gotten a bit 'sidetracked', however, because I've got to do some data entry stuff for my hubby (and it's due on Saturday) - so I'll get the post up as soon as I can.
Eveligh
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2006 02:33
Just a note to say that I have not forgotten this thread...

I just got so caught up with school starting but now I'm finding the time to Rp again! And so at the moment Gwendeth and I are working on a post and then hopefully soon we shall have things moving along again.
NellasTaralom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 28, 2006 03:23
ok Eveligh, I've made up a profile for a Rohirric rider, here's the link:

here

He's more of a work in progress; I'll probably add more depth to his character later. But for now thats all I have time for.

So my character not going to be that involved until the siblings leave the Hornburg to find Ealdor, and then he (I've called him Beorlaf) will join them.

I can't wait to get started!
~nellas

edited url to shorten page stretch
BerethEdhellen, Moderator

[Edited on 29/7/2006 by BerethEdhellen]
Eveligh
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 28, 2006 08:38
Yays Nallas! Wonderful begining to you character, Beorlaf! And welcome to the thread.

And just as a side note, Annuniel and I are working on a post now!! Yayness for sharing posts!

[Edited on 29/7/2006 by Eveligh]
Annûniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 28, 2006 11:27
Welcome Nellas! I hope you enjoy RPing here with us!

Beorlaf sounds wonderful so far. I can't wait to hear from more of them.

And yes, yayness for shared posts!
NellasTaralom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 01, 2006 08:30
Hi Everyone!!

I'm sooooo sorry for this, but something came up and I won't be able to commit to this thread after all. Oh well, at least I hadn't posted yet, right? Anyways thanks, have a great time posting!

~Nellas

Eveligh
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2006 03:21
Hey Nellas, thank you for letting us know that you can no longer join us.
LizzyB
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2006 11:32
Gwen!!! Ok.. Lol Sorry but we were in a Rohan rpg awhile back

I'd like to join.. if you don't mind. I can play either a really nasty male character named Navinai... I'm not sure if he's in the db or not or I can play a half-elven maid called Ramo. Either one is fun.. Just let me know which you'd rather ^_^
gwendeth
Send Message
on: August 07, 2006 02:51
*Squees* LizzyB!!

*flying tackle-hug*

Eveligh? :angel:

LizzyB
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2006 04:43
*is glomped by an over-excited squeeing Gwen* Heya darling! Glad to see you're glad to see me ^_^

At the request of Fearless Leader I have made a profile for Navinai.

click me

No picture yet but I'm looking...

[Edited on 7/8/2006 by LizzyB]
Eveligh
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2006 05:45
Just a note saying that gwendeth and I are working through a ost at the moment and that should be up soon enough.

Also welcome to the thread Lizzy B! I have sent you a pm with details and have also sent one along to Annuniel. I'm just working through a few things at the moment, such as how long it will take the Rohirrim to reach the Hornburg when we come to that. As well as other finer details, so bear with me.
Eveligh
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2006 10:18
Oh my goodness Annuniel! Absolutely awesome post, poor Beomund indeed! :cry:
Annûniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 22, 2006 07:29
Aww, thanks. :love: I felt fairly inspired last night.

Yes, I feel terrible for Beomund. It was hard to write it actually...
gwendeth
Send Message
on: August 23, 2006 04:57
:hug: Those kind of posts are hard to write - one feels so for one's characters! It was an awesome post, Annûniel!

Well, lol I've posted... whether it 'helps' or 'hinders' I don't know - but lol there it is!
Eveligh
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2006 03:05
I'm just putting in a note for Annuniel, at the moment she's having computer troubles so Winters will be on hold temporarily. We'll get moving along again once we can and shall wait as long as we need!
Annûniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 31, 2006 11:34
It appears my computer was just hiccuping or something. Cause it appears just fine at this point. I don't understand it either, but I know I shouldn't be complaining!

Sadly, I am going to be rather busy for the next few weeks anyway. I am going with my college to the Yearling sales. (Which means we'll be selling the college's yearlings (horses)). We're selling 6 or 7 at the New Jersey Classic, and then the rest (5 I believe) at another sale in Maryland. The classic is the weekend of the 9-11th of Sept and the one in Maryland is the next weekend.

I'll be busy so I don't know how much I can go about posting but I'll try my best! :love:
Eveligh
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2006 05:38
*looks about* I know we've been very quietly lately but that won't be for too much longer. At the moment it seems we're all working on posts, so I'm just making a note on that.

Also, I have a new character introduction coming up soon. Of course you both know about this. Her profile is here, welcome Ryd!

[Edited on 19/9/2006 by Eveligh]
Eveligh
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 11, 2006 04:26
Just a little overdue note saying that Annuniel and I are in the midst of writing the second half of our joint post.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: December 08, 2006 04:50
'Nother note - Eveligh and I are working on a joint post, too! :disco:
Eveligh
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2007 08:36
Oh my goodness, I am so sorry that this thread stalled. I had big issues with my internet for the past month and so I couldn't get online. Hopefully thats no longer a problem and we can get this RP rolling along again.

As far as I can remember I was working on a post with both of you. I'm hoping I'll be able to get the chance to get those moving as well.
Annûniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 25, 2007 06:28
Oh no internet troubles! No wonder I didn't see you online... I'm glad you have gotten it all figured out!

I knew I should have finished my half of the shared RP... b/c now my computer is somewhat messed up! I'm currently using my dad's RP but as all my character info and such is on the old one, its difficult to make a post!

Anyway, I hope to get it fixed soon, but I may need a new motherboard for my laptop (as its decided to stop being able to recharge the battery). I'll keep you guys posted! I'm really sorry about this!
Eveligh
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2007 07:42
:hug: Annuiel! I'm sorry to hear about your laptop troubles! I hope it doesn't cause you grief for too long. As to the thread, we can keep it on hold a little longer I think. The posts are always worth the wait.
Eveligh
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2007 02:09
*blows dust of thread and coughs* Hello ladies! Its been a while and I apologize for abandoning this story for so long. Things in real life got very crazy there for a while. But I was really hoping to revive this story! Would you both be interested in joining me once more for this adventure? he he
gwendeth
Send Message
on: August 11, 2007 06:48
Sure!! I think we were working on a joint post, weren't we eveligh? :hug:
Eveligh
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2007 09:37
yes, thats right gwendeth! I can dust that off also and get to working on that! yays! Annuniel, you with us?
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email