Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Journey to Minas Tirith (open for everyone!)
on: December 22, 2006 07:15
Earendil urged the group forward. "we are only about a 1/2 mile from good shelter."

She nudged Hyldo right up the hill.

It did not take long for the group to approach the topf the hill. She spoke loadly to be heard. "we will be able to have a bit of a fire once we get there, just a fewmore minutes"
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2006 03:23
Arnarel heard the group approach and drew his bow. MIrelwen got her daggers out and both stood up in the defensive position, while under the cover of the evergreen trees around them.
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: December 23, 2006 07:00
We prefer more than one-line posts in CoE... a good size paragraph with a tad more information is welcome. Please do not waste space on a single line that offers no opening for your fellow players.

Thank you,
the Moderators
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Finduelas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2006 09:42
Taking swift steps up the hill, Ainelad nodded to her companion's message: 'We will be able to have a bit of a fire once we get there, just a few more minutes.'
She had seen the shadow, and though it was raining hard, and little was heard through the thunder, she had heard voices. Ainelad decided to keep her peace until they got there. Suddenly, a gust of wind blew her hood back. In her struggle to pull it back, lightning flashed, causing her to see not one shadow, but two behind the cover of evergreens.
Making a gesture of silence, Ainelad ran up further.
"If we're to make a fire, we should have wood. I shall go fetch some." Quietly unsheathing her sword, she went up to the evergreen trees. Her steps slowed, and the young woman prepare for a stab of cold steel, or the piercing of a sharp arrow. Taking a deep breath, Ainelad pushed back the branches.

(You guys's call. Either Ainelad dies, or lives. Whichever one you choose, you have my consent)
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2006 02:42
MIrelwen sheathed her knives and offered her hands, palms out, in a sign of peace. Arnarel did the same. He put his bow on his back and looked slightly confused.
"Who are you, if I may ask? I am Arnarel and this is Mirelwen, my companion. " He waited for a reply paitently. Mirelwen was confused. These were the first people they had met on the road. She shrugged one shoulder and picked up her blanket so she could attach it to her horse.
" Do have any other companions with you? If so, I would like to meet them." Mirelwen was anxious to meet some other people and talk to them.

[Edited on 24/12/2006 by Elfalas]
Finduelas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2006 06:07
A wide grin spread across Ainalad's face.
"Hello there, Arnarel," she bowed to him. "And Lady Mirelwen. I am Ainelad, yes my companions are not far behind. Come, I will introduce you." Ainelad bowed again, totally oblivious that she was talking to total strangers. Coming upon her companions, Ainelad motioned to them. "Friends, may I introduce Lord Arnarel and Lady Mirelwen."
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2006 01:22
Earendil pulled up short when their companion reappeared not with firewood but with 2 more travelers.

She poke in common tungue, "greetings, please for give us if we dont wish to stop for long we are not far from a sheltered area. If you wish to come along that is fine by me, cannot speak for the others in my group. I must warn you we will be crowded."
Finduelas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2006 06:39
Ainelad nodded, "It's alright with me. Well then, I'll get the fire started, so we all may rest."
With the fire built, and the flames waving, Ainelad got a good look at Mirelwen. "Lady!" she exclaimed. "If you haven't already noticed, you have quite a gash in your side!"
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2006 05:35
"Yes, I did already notice, I was simply trying to ignore it so I could make it to the hill and lay down to rest. My body is telling me I have lost much blood, so forgive me if I do not answer at some point, as I will be unconcious. Is anyone here an excellent healer, for it seems that I am in need of one." Mirelwen looked around and waited for a reply. Arnarel heard her and moved to her side, to catch if she fell.
"I think you had better lay down so I can at least wrap your side tightly, you know as well as I do that you have lost too much blood. Do not make me force you like last time." The last part was whispered, only audible to an elf. Arnarel smiled when he saw her reaction.
"I think she could use some water, does anyone have any to spare? Ours ran out three days ago." He looked around their shelter at everyone.
Finduelas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2006 03:00
"Here," Ainelad said, taking out her gourd of water. "I don't have much, I was hoping to refill it when we passed either the Entwash or the Anduin, but if it were to help her, take as much as you wish."
Sighing Ainelad continued, "I am sorry to say I am not skilled in the field of healing, all I could say were to clean the gash, sew it together, and bandage it with clothes soaked in hot water, so as to sterilize them."
Ainelad smiled half-heartedly.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2006 03:06
"Thank you, my friend. She can use it to heal. I have some Athelas I think I will boil and pack her wounds with it. THat will ease the pain that comes with these hurts." He smiled at Mirelwen and took out a few leaves. Then he boiled some water and crushed the leaves in it. A sweet, wholesome fragrance filled their cramped shelter. HE packed her wounds and then wrapped them and left it for a little bit. Then he cleaned the wound and sewed it together.
Yaviel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 31, 2006 06:15
(sorry it's been so long, guys! Christmas was quite busy for me!)

Etteleni smiled at the two strangers Ainelad had brought with her. It was nice to see other elves around.
"Suilad! Where do you come from and where are you traveling to?" Turning to Lord Arnarel, she asked. "Do you reckon we need more firewood? And, if you don't mind me asking, what happened to you both? Are there orcs around?"
The rain had stopped now and the moon was shining weakly through clouds. Etteleni shook out her cloak and dismounted. She took her packs off Minuial's back and opened the biggest of them. She took out a leather bag and a small pan.
"Does anyone want supper? I have dried meat or we can hunt for something if you want fresh meat. I have herbs to flavour it."

(suilad=greetings)

[Edited on 31/12/2006 by Yaviel]

[Edited on 31/12/2006 by Yaviel]
TurinTurimbar
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 31, 2006 04:26
((ooc: I hope it is ok if I join. my character is in the DB))

Langon had seen the different people wandering about and coming to the place he had picked as shelter for that night, but no matter, he would enjoy company.
He crept close to the shelter so that he could see what he was dealing with before he just walked up to the shelter and he found that he would be in good company amongst the strangers there. Langon decided that it would be best not to startle the strangers by appearing suddenly, so he walked around into the open and slowly approached the shelter.
Once he was right outside of the shelter he threw off the hood that had covered his head and said "Hail strangers, might I join you and get out of the rain?"

[Edited on 1/1/2007 by TurinTurimbar]

[Edited on 3/1/2007 by TurinTurimbar]
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2007 05:44
((Thanks TurinTurimbar and welcom))

[Edited on 3/1/2007 by tawar_meldis]
Yaviel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2007 07:58
((yeah i'm reading the previous posts the same as you tawar_meldis, but don't worry, TurinTurimbar, our characters can just not have noticed Langon yet or Langon could be in a slightly different place or whatever you like lol! You're very welcome to join, anyhow( is anyhow actually a word?! ))
TurinTurimbar
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2007 02:38
((Sorry bout that. I thought y'all were still on the road, I shall edit it immediately!))
Finduelas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2007 07:52
(It's ok, TurinTurimbar!)
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2007 04:14
(thanks again and welcome again)

Earendil spoke in common tongue, "hello, yes come in from the rain. There isnt much room, but welcome."

[Edited on 6/1/2007 by tawar_meldis]
Finduelas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2007 07:35
Ainelad finished chewing her piece of dried meat, and swallowed. "Yes, welcome, stranger! Come by the fire, will you? My friend, here, has shared some food with us, if you would like some. But if you do not desire such, I'll gladly go with you to hunt whatever squirrel or chipmunk that may be scurrying about in this terrible weather." Ainelad patted the spot beside her.
TurinTurimbar
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2007 04:10
"Thank you very much," said Langon, "My name is Langon if you wish to know, though people know me by many other names." Langon came in out of the rain and sat down in an empty spot. "And thanks to your offer of food, but I have some with me." Langon reached into his small pack, pulled out some dried meat and cram and began eating. "So, what is such an odd, for lack of a better word, assortment of people doing in the wildes of Eastemnet?" Langon asked.
Finduelas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2007 08:12
"We all have the same destination." Ainelad replied. "At least I believe we all do. I know this of Earendil and Etteleni, but of our new companions I know not. I met Earendil and Etteleni in the woods not far from here. I will admit though, it is quite strange to come across our strange assorted company."
She laughed.
"Now, tell us of yourself, Langon."
TurinTurimbar
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2007 11:54
"Ah myself," started Langon, "well, I will not say much about myself as it would take many days, possibly weeks to tell it all, but I will tell you that I know most lands very well as I have traveled as far north as the wastes of Forodwaith and as far south as the blistering sands of Haradwaith. I have also traveled as far west as Forlindon beyond the Ered Luin and as far east as the strange lands of Rhun. I have also journeyed these lands for many years as I have served at whiles under both Ecthelion, Steward of Gondor, and Thengel, King of the Mark. I also have many names in the different lands. In the north I am known to my fellow Rangers and the Elves as Langon, but to the other peoples of that land I am known as Silversheen. In Rohan I am known as Holdhean and in Gondor, Ceretor. In the Southlands and Rhun I have no name as I never stayed long in those countries. But all of this should not sound so strange coming from me as I am a Ranger of the North, known to the Elves as the Dunedain. Now, where is the company traveling?" After he had finished, Langon to a drink from a water skin and focused his attention on the company.

[Edited on 19/1/2007 by TurinTurimbar]
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2007 09:28
Earendil looked at the new comer very closely. Then she spoke" I have heard stories of the honorable Holdhean and the serivices he did for Rohan and Thengel. If you truly be him, you are more then welcome."

She had also heard of the rangers who did not age like humans so it did seam possible.

Then she continued"my fathers family has long served the Lord of the Mark, so to meet one of a like mind is always welcome." She hoped he was exactly what he said but there was no way to know.
TurinTurimbar
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2007 02:49
Langon had lived many summers and could usually tell the general thoughts of most people and as this was he could tell that Earendil was wary about his identity.
At length Langon spoke in Rohirric, the language of the Rohirrim which is known only to the Rohirrim and their friends, "I am Holdean who has served King Thengel, be comforted daughter of Rohan."
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2007 02:16
Earendil spoke softly, "I am honored Holdean, I am also sorry that I am not trusting. I have had to deal with few trators to Rohan lately and it has made me warey of strangers." She also spoke in the Rohannic tongue which came as easily to her as breathing.

She sighed, "one gets tired of burying those you care about because of trators."

Then she remembered that not every one here spoke Rohonnic. "I am sorry, some things really cant be said properly in common tongue."

She hoped those who had been left out of the words would understand. She looked mostly to the evles to be up set but if they were that would be delt with. After all whats done is done.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2007 12:38
Arnarel smiled and nodded, understanding to what she was reffering to. "All is well, I understand. Some things cannot be said in the Comon tongue." He looked at Mirelwen who was unconcious right now and sang softly in Elvish the elbereth Gilthonel chant and recited some poems for her to wake. It worked, for she came to and her eyes focused on the surroundings, forgetting where they were. "What happened and why am I so achy? Arnarel, was that you singing, it sounded lovely, that is made me awaken." She looked at him and smiled. Then she saw the others and remembered.
Yaviel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2007 10:54
(Hi guys! I'm really sorry i haven't posted for ages. School suddenly rushed up and my teachers have been working me soooo hard. But hopefully i'll be able to post more, now i've recovered the shock(sort of lol) )

Etteleni looked thoughtful as Langon spoke. She thought she had heard the name of Langon before somewhere. And he might have heard news of her family whilst he was traveling around. Turning to him, she said.
'Langon, when you were traveling, did you hear news of anyone called Eruvandi? She is my great grandmother, but i got separated from her when passing through the Misty Mountains. I would love to hear news of her and the rest of my family who were traveling with her, though i still plan to go to Minas Tirith for a while.'
Suddenly, she heard a voice singly softly in elvish. She looked at Arnarel and smiled as Mirelwen woke up.
'That sounded lovely. I haven't heard anyone except myself singing those for a long time.'

[Edited on 18/1/2007 by Yaviel]
TurinTurimbar
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2007 05:24
Langon sat thoughtfully for a moment and then responded, "I cannot think of anyone I know with that name and I came across the Northern Mountain Pass into the land of the Beornings, and I heard that there was a company of elves up that way, but I did not search them out and instead went to Laketown where I got a boat and traveled down the river to here."
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2007 10:27
Earendil listened closely as this older man talked a bit about his travels. She smiled at him. "you have most assuredly traveled much and seen much. I myself have not left Rohan in ages. " She stopped herself that had came out wrong.

"I seldom, until now even left a 2 village area. But now I am setting out to go futher see new things."
Yaviel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2007 11:09
Etteleni's heart leapt at Langon's mention of a company of elves. That could easily have been her family. But they were probably long gone now, and anyway, she'd find them some day. Etteleni suddenly yawned. It had been a long day. Getting up, and stretching, she turned to her packs and pulled out her extra cloak. Even though the storm had stopped, she really didn't want to get too wet. Looking up at the others, she smiled.
'I think i shall sleep now. Is it ok with you if we move on at sunrise?'
TurinTurimbar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2007 02:51
Langon had already fallen half-asleep. "That is quite fine with me." he said. Langon then propped himself up against the back of the shelter and wrapped his cloak about him. THough he seemed to be asleep, he was only half so, ready at any moment to wake up in case of an emergency.

[Edited on 6/4/2007 by TurinTurimbar]

[Edited on 6/4/2007 by TurinTurimbar]
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2007 01:42
Earendil sat just barely out of the rain. She rested most most of the evening staying awake.

By first light the rain had stopped. The sun sore closely over the horizon and greeted the group with a feeling of hope with its brightness.
Yaviel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2007 02:03
(Ok, forget having more time to post lol! Anyone got any ideas on what to do in Minas Tirith or whatever, because to be honest, not much is happening in this RPG at the moment! Shall i set up a OOC post so we can dicuss what is going to happen, or are we ok as we are? Let me know, either by PM or in this post.)

Etteleni shifted as the first rays of sun hit her eyelids. Then she groaned and sat up. The raindrops from last night's rain glistened on the grass and the birds were singing raucously. As Etteleni pulled herself to her feet, Minuial raised her head and wandered over to her. Etteleni smiled and rummaged in her pack for a treat. As an after thought she took a brush out of her pack, began to brush Minuial and waited until the others woke up.
Finduelas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2007 07:42
(Yeah, Yaviel, we probably should discuss ahead of time what is to happen so we don't just sit around eating lembas or something, lol. But we can continue this way if everyone else wants to)
Anelaid sat up, yawned, and groaned. She blinked a couple times before looking around, and saw Etteleni brushing her horse.
"So," she said. "What do we do now?" Ainelaid looked back at their sleeping companins. Looking back at Etteleni, she grinned, "Should I wake them?"
TurinTurimbar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2007 03:20
((ooc:: I say that we start an OOC thread so we can discuss what course of action to follow. it gets boring just sitting around going through petty conversations and having no action.))

Langon had spent the night uncomfortably and the sun coming up was a blessing. He got up and stretched, he was also beginning to feel old. "I say we press stright on to Minas Tirith." Langon said, "The sooner we get there the more comfortable I'll feel because the orcs are getting bolder and coming across the river at whiles."

Langon then pulled some honey laced cram out of his pack and his breakfast before throwing his small pack on his back. "If I disappear during the march to Minas Tirith, do not be alarmed because I will be nearby, scouting ahead." Langon then pulled his hood over his head and leaned against a nearby tree.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email