Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Eletúrë
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Ideal Job!
on: March 30, 2008 08:41
I wouldn't mind being a chef. I love cooking.
I'd love to be a professional dancer too
Rhysenn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2008 12:43
I'm working on my PhD in cellular biology, and research is what i want to do long term. however, ideally i would be doing something with more fieldwork and not always be cooped up in the lab all day!
LOTR_obsessed_loony
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2008 01:15
I want to be a dog psychologist. I've had plenty of practise yelling at the TV during It's Me Or The Dog and Dog Borstal, analyzing every dog that comes on.
I'd also like to be an author, possibly, but my creativity seems to be taking an extremely long holiday ever since I stopped using my old computer. If anyone finds it, please tell it to get back to where it belongs.
"...Though thereafter we may walk in the shadows, I will not go forth as a thief in the night." – Boromir, FotR, The Ring Goes South Image Image Image Image Image
Eowine
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2008 05:43
I want to be a horsetrainer and/or farrier. Anything to do with horses!
Burzlondewen
Realm Head of Tulkas
Send Message
on: April 07, 2008 08:01
I would love to have a job with National Geographic as a photographer so that way i could travel the world.
Alyanome
Norn av Urd
Send Message
on: April 09, 2008 07:02
Hehe, I don't want that job but there's one open for a pirate here in Finland. That made my day when I read about it.
Electra_Calen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2008 03:21
NOT a Graphic Designer... Lord (and I) know there's no cash in it.
Needless to say I made bad choices when I was younger....
A bestselling author would be awesome or an editor for a major publishing house. My true dream job would be a professor of Anglo-Saxon at Oxford, like someone else I know.
Alyanome
Norn av Urd
Send Message
on: April 16, 2008 04:54
I would like to be a horse/animal photographer. Since I'm on temporary retirement pension that's what I do as a hobby. Not that there was an open job for such photographer here in Finland at least.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2008 09:54
Hmm...well, I am a writer right now...and I wanna be a writer for all eternity. I am a writer at heart. I think, for me, it doesn't matter what I'll do on the side, or where I end up as long as I have some paper (or a laptop) and a pen (or a keyboard) I shall be happy. As long as I can write my ideas down I will be able to live my life in happiness.

Now...that mentioned, there are other jobs that'd I'd like to do, or at least try. Right now (at least) I really want to study the paranormal. (You know, ghosts, fairies, spirits, etc...) I write about death a lot so I guess I should get closer to it. That said, I think that otherwise I'd be content to live in a nice place out of the way, but not too far, and just write (hopefully the house will be haunted). I dunno. There are a lot of things I want to do and to try.

I want to try storm chasing for a year or so. I'd like to get back into horseback riding. I'd like to study space some more, (I've been studying it since I was 4 as an amateur). I'd like to swim with dolphins, and I'd like to continue to paint. I do so enjoy water colours. I'd like to have a little garden, and I'd enjoy just travelling a bit more. There's a lot of things I want to do, or at least try. I'm still young, there's to much in the world for me to say what I want to do. Except for writing. I am a writer, and that's all I'll ever be. But what I do on the side, will always enrich my writing so I want to be everything.

(except a dentist. They freak me out)
Eslyssa
COE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 19, 2008 04:00
Well, I'm currently studying to go into my ideal job, and that's as a medieval history academic...

But in the mean time, I'm really happy with my "casual"/paying for uni job, which is in a bookshop... Dangerous, but I like it...

~Eslyssa
Donry
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2008 06:16
Fav job would be 'retired'.
parabola_weed
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2008 11:51
zoo keeper ^^;;
heri_sinyë
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2008 07:19
I just want to keep studying through my whole life... My dreamjob would be to spend hours studying astronomy and physics in my very own laboratory...though I wont get much money.....
Eletúrë
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2008 10:05
I would LOVE to be a stunt girl. Hahaha - now that would be heaps of fun.
Echileruwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2008 04:05
Let's see....

First choice--copy editor for any new books that Christopher Tolkien might put out so I'd get first dibs at reading them. (That would be my dream job!)

Second choice--working for the forestry department.

Third choice--teaching classes on some of my hobbies.

But right now, I'm just hoping to maintain my sanity until retirement.

[Edited on 11/8/2008 by Echileruwen]

[Edited on 11/8/2008 by Echileruwen]
Lurearanel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2008 05:21
I have too many irons in the fire as it and I don't even have a nine-to-five...lol... seriously I enjoyed homeschooling my kids last year but I'm kinda glad their back at public school for now. When answering this question befor I've said I wanted to work for the Pixar company and make 3D animation. Right now I'm studying up on some things. In a way I'd like to go back to painting oil on canvas but with such a virtual world now it's tempting to get into graphics. If it involves designing/making/creating I'm there!
FiRWEN
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2008 10:58
I want to do interior design or some other type of designing...I also like photography and writing, but those are more like hobbies.

heehee
xXxArendilxXx
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2008 01:37
Tolkienian Linguist! That would be awesome! to study something I love for a living!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email