Author Topic:
Solaris
Council Member
Send Message
Post What did you like best about TTT?
on: December 17, 2002 10:50
Perfect movie!!!

But really hard to follow!:dizzy::dizzy:

My most favorite part was Golum's conversation with himself..
fantastic!!

Kory
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: What did you like best about TTT?
on: December 18, 2002 12:36
Perfect movie!!!

Oh yeah!

But really hard to follow!:dizzy::dizzy:

Yup..you are annoying! you kept asking me questions :dizzy:

My most favorite part was Golum's conversation with himself..
fantastic!!

Yeah you laughed most of the time gollum was talking to himself! Its just like you!!...

My favorite part was...(hmm gotta do 2)
1: Pippin yelling to Merry "Don't encourge it!" When he spoke to Treebeard
2: When Frodo was in Osgiliath and he was like possed by the Ring and he went those stairs and like offers the Ring to that Nazgul. Poor Sam...I wonder what it felt like to have a sword pointed to your throat after you just saved the guys life!

[Edited on 18/12/2002 by Kory]
Solaris
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2002 01:03
Yup..you are annoying! you kept asking me questions :dizzy::

Thats...my...job...:evil:

Yeah you laughed most of the time gollum was talking to himself! Its just like you!!... !!

Thats not the only reason i liked that part!! ((I think talking to your self is a normal stage..i'll grow out of it...eventually.
AND I'M THE ONE WHO CARRIES THE RING EVERYWHERE!!(based on true life)
It talks to me! I have to answer..if i dont its really rude!

You had like 5 jumbo thingys of popcorn..i like popcorn as much as gollum likes that elven rope wrapped around his neck!
hobbit_girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2002 01:31
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Jealous!:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
I really really really want to see it and i don't get to till next week!!!!
Um, solaris and kory, i take it u went together right?
Solaris
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2002 02:26
Yup

Saw it on Tuesday at 10 P.M.
(after Kory wouldn't stop bugging me...saying that i couldn't win the blasted tickets*for a 'special screening' of it)
Got the E-mail...she flipped...
leterally(sp?)

Its a good movie..but i warn you..its really confusing at the beging
OlorinTheWhite
Wandering Istari
Send Message
on: December 18, 2002 03:25
I loved it so much it just can get kinda tiring going like through 3 different stories at once. Other than that it was fantastic and I loved Gollum!!
tracy
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2002 10:29
Gollum was definately the star of TTT!

I loved seeing Frodo's character become darker and his inner struggle. The dead waters were cool too, especially when Frodo fell in.

I liked Hildar's death, it was sad. But I'm obsessed with Hildar to begin with.

The Ents stroming Isenguard was cool, they did an excellent job with the Ents.

And Gimli rocked! I love Gimli. I'm also glad we got to see Gimli and Legolas's characters develop more in this movie.

Gimli to Aragron: "toss me" "don't tell the elf"
I couldn't stop laughing.
Go Gimli!
Gypsy
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2002 10:30
I thought Gollum was fantastic. The fish song! LMAO.

Although all of the *many* deviations from the book annoyed me, most of all what they did to Faramir. Dammit! :angry:

Um, anyway...Helm's Deep was the best battle scene I have ever seen. EVER! and the Rohirrim were great...and Grima! How good was Brad Dourif! So creepy and lecherous...I thoroughly enjoyed him. I also thought Miranda Otto was great - I was pleasantly surprised that she pulled off the part so well.

Sean Astin was brilliant again...I swear, that guy is one of the best actors in the whole thing. and when Frodo turned on Sam with the sword... I mean I NEVER thought Elijah could scare me so much, but the expression on his face totally had me freaked out. Which is, of course, a sign of a brilliant actor!
tracy
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2002 10:38
I thought Gollum was fantastic. The fish song! LMAO.

Although all of the *many* deviations from the book annoyed me, most of all what they did to Faramir. Dammit! :angry:

I totally forgot about the fish song! That was so funny!
And when Gollum was argueing with himself was funny too!

I was really annoyed with what they did to Faramir too. He was my favorite character from all the books. He was still clever and wise as in the book, but he gave into the ring too easily. In the books he resisted the ring right away, in the movie they made that apect of his charater weaker and took his resistance away. But looking at the bigger picture I can see that they did it to create a climax in the movie, when Faramir lets them go. Theres more suspense.

I didn't like the elves in Helms Deep just because it wasn't in the books. But I have to admit it did work in the movie.
~Ascarantwen_the_Elf~
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2002 12:06
Gotta agree. GOLLUM!
Kory
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2002 12:24
Thats not the only reason i liked that part!! ((I think talking to your self is a normal stage..i'll grow out of it...eventually.
AND I'M THE ONE WHO CARRIES THE RING EVERYWHERE!!(based on true life)
It talks to me! I have to answer..if i dont its really rude!

When are you going to take that darned thing off!?

You had like 5 jumbo thingys of popcorn..i like popcorn as much as gollum likes that elven rope wrapped around his neck!

*grabs elvish rope*:evil:

So, BTW you had like 4 large pepsi's! I'm supprised you didn't have to go to the bathroom a million times during the movie
Iarlachien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2002 12:24
I loved TTT! Gollum was great, but I completely missed the scene where he was arguing with himself!!! :angry: I picked the wrong time to dash off to the bathroom. Stupid tiny bladder...

Anyway, besides the awesome Helm's Deep, I really liked the Ents destroying Isengard. The Entmoot scenes did seem like they were missing something, but when you saw those great big tree-people throwing rocks and stepping on orcs and tearing the place down... whoo hoo!

On another note, I didn't think the Nazgul were as scary this time around. Their steeds looked great, don't get me wrong, but it's just that the Nazgul seemed so much further away on them. For example, I find the velociraptors scarier than the T-Rex in Jurassic Park. ::shrug:: Does anyone understand what I'm saying?!

And after that movie, the Legolas Fangirl within has assumed complete control. Fwee!
Solaris
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2002 01:07

When are you going to take that darned thing off!?]

Whe Frodo does...

*grabs elvish rope*:evil:

So, BTW you had like 4 large pepsi's! I'm supprised you didn't have to go to the bathroom a million times during the movie

you evil evil person you...

and i have special powers!
I was :drool: ing so much i needed something to drink...
I actually did have to go to the bathroom...but the power of TTT kept me there
pipsqueak
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 19, 2002 01:53
yeah, Gollum was great, especially his little song and dance routine at the pool...
Gypsy
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2002 01:59
yeah, Gollum was great, especially his little song and dance routine at the pool...

"I only wish to catch a fish, so juicy and so sweeeeeet..."

Ha! Classic.

and does anyone else really love the word 'hobbitses' ? It's the coolest word ever!

When Gollum called Sam a stupid, fat hobbit...I've never heard so much laughter in my life.
Solaris
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2002 04:08
I luv all of Gollums lines..but Hobbitses is by far the best!
Andtalathiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2002 04:11
I loved Gollum! :love: He was fantastic! And really sweet!
The fishy song...argh that was almost too cute..."we only wish, to catch a fish, so juicy-sweeeeet"
*picks up Gollum, hugs him then runs away with him over her shoulder* Mwahahahahahaha
The arguement with himself did make me laugh a little, and everytime he called Sam a fat hobbit...ROFL!!! and the bit with the rabbits...when they were talking about fish... "Give them to uss rrraw and wrrriggling! Keep nassty chipss!" Everyone laughed then
Tookishbliss
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2002 05:15
My favorite part was...(hmm gotta do 2)
1: Pippin yelling to Merry "Don't encourge it!" When he spoke to Treebeard

LOL that whole scene was great, except that Treebeard decided to play :angry: *lets squish the hobbitses to death* :angry: grawr!! My poor pop can has suffered my wrath both the times I went to the movie and watched that scene, lol. The second time, my poor friend Adam felt my wrath as I squeezed his arm in anger! rofl....
I think it's the look of pain on their faces as he does it that gets to me, call me crazy, I get an odd pain in my stomach, kind of an angry maternal instinct, lol.

When Pip tells Merry to RUN o_o;; I actually was kinda afraid! I'm like "YES GET OUT OF THERE!! noooooo leave them alone! big mean stupid bully Ent!" :angry:

[Edited on 22/12/2002 by Tookishbliss]
Solaris
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2002 07:51
yeah..that was a good scene but really Treebeard was really iss informed... Billy and Dom actually looked like they were in pain...
SadisticYoda
Danger to Mankind
Send Message
on: December 22, 2002 08:41
I've said this somewhere before, but oh well, I'll say it again!
I really liked the Warg battle. I love watching a fight on horseback, very exciting (ever see crouching tiger hidden dragon?)
My favorite part was Theoden's charge at Helm's deep. Very heroic and well accordinate to the music.
truebizotic
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2002 04:41
I loved all the character development that went on in TTT. I think that was really awesome.

Fave parts: (besides the whole thing)
1) The Orc Count *squeaks* THEY LEFT IT IN!!!!!!!!!!!
2) "Toss me." "What?" "Toss me. and don't tell the elf"
3) Legolas:You're late....[time lapse] you look horrible.
4) Gollum talking to himself
5) Frodo and Sam talking about themselves being in a tale.
"And what about Sam? I want to hear more about Sam, dad. Frodo wouldn't have got very far without him."
"Now, Mr. Frodo, don't make fun. I was being serious"
"So was I"
That's just so....soo.....sweet! (for lack of a better word)
*note: quotes not exact, i've only seen the movie once....so far
Tookishbliss
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2002 05:56
Yep Sol, when they can make you believe they're in pain <=O then THAT is good acting

Next time you watch that scene, try to picture yourself in their place....it's kinda scary o_o;;
PervyOrcFancier
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2002 07:43
my absolute favourite part in TTT, is probably a scene thats not paid attention to alot..
in the beginning.. well, sometime in the beginning, or alittle after the beginning.. or was it in the middle of the beginning and the middle? its somewhere in there.. anyhoo, its in the shots of the Uruk-Hai birthing in the caverns of Isengard.. when saruman steps out.. and following him is a very happy looking OrcOverseer.
THATS my favourite part of ALL time!! why? becuase not only is saruman there, but my favourite orc aswell! ^^ go little overseer!

...and I did enjoy the Uruk-Hai +merry and pippin bits, very cool.. I especially enjoyed the Orc with the large teeth and a slight lisp.. he was cute, until he got horribly eaten.. then there was Grishnakh.. WHEE! grishy was great! but I was disappointed abit, he needed some of his lines from the books.. it would have been funner that way.

and the battle at Helms Deep, I love the part when the Orc is running to the hand-made-bombs with a torch.. it reminded me of the olympics..and the giant ladders were fantastic..

but overall, the movie was to quick and should have slowed down just abit.. just so people could follow it better, and we could see more of certain things ((ORCS!!))

[Edited on 24/12/2002 by PervyOrcFancier]
Anduriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2002 08:09
I loved the movie! Best parts of all? Well they would have to be....
i) Gandalf falling at the very beginning ((I really didn't expect the movie to start there))
ii) When Legolas flips up onto the horse during the battle scene on the way to Helms Deep ((a lot of ppl. missed it, but let me assure you, it was amazing...))
iii) And of couse, when Gandalf and the Rohan soldiers come charing down the hill, I love the camera sweeping around to give you a really great "action shot"
Lil-Hobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2002 09:33
Letsee.. what did I like best?.. hmm..

Okay. Obviously, I loved the whole thing (must pursuade parents that they *need* to see it and *need* to take me along..) apart from the deviations from the book. Evil Faramir just doesn't bode well..

1) Gollum/Smeagol!! *Dances from foot to foot.* I never thought of him like that; he seemed somehow more.. human.. than I expected.
2) The whole Sam-Frodo conversation at the end! SO SWEET! And so true, I might add.
3)The Aragorn and Legolas talkin' Elvish and arguing with each other was really good. Legolas' character is being expanded all the time, and the portrayal of his relationship with Aragorn ("You're late.. you look terrible..") was phwar-some- I mean awsome..
4)

ii) When Legolas flips up onto the horse during the battle scene on the way to Helms Deep ((a lot of ppl. missed it, but let me assure you, it was amazing...))

I saw that! Go Leggie! Matrix-style!
5) Gimili! His being the comic-relief actually worked v.well! And how many of us will be quoting those lines over and over and over and over..?
Tookishbliss
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2002 08:22
I especially enjoyed the Orc with the large teeth and a slight lisp

YES, i can totally agree on that! I'm glad I'm not the only one who really liked that Orc!! rofl! Of course, didn't like that he wanted to eat muh babies ^_^ but oh well, lol.
Gypsy
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2002 07:19
YES, i can totally agree on that! I'm glad I'm not the only one who really liked that Orc!! rofl! Of course, didn't like that he wanted to eat muh babies ^_^ but oh well, lol.

LMAO "What about their legs? They don't need them..."
"How about just a mouthful?"

I thought that was pretty hysterical...but of course, only coz I knew Merry and Pips got out ok in the end. Otherwise I would have been MAD...

Saw it again on Sunday. Hee hee. What a great film.

"You've left out one of the chief characters. Samwise the brave."

AAW! *squeals over Sam and Frodo. Such a cute couple...*
pipsqueak
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 25, 2002 07:39
ack, it's scary a bit...I get too into it and it really...ugh...eating Pippin and Merry....:cry: :cry: a bit scary...
Gypsy
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2002 08:27
ack, it's scary a bit...I get too into it and it really...ugh...eating Pippin and Merry....:cry: :cry: a bit scary...

*hands pipsqueak a tissue*

Don't cry...no-one will eat Merry and Pippin. They wouldn't risk it with you around!

I agree though, it was a little disconcerting the first time around. When that orc said "What about their legs? They don't need them..." I was like "Yes they do! Don't eat their legs!!" ugh. Nasty orc. *hugs Merry and Pippin* There there hobbitses...I won't let the nasty orc eat you...

I just love all the Sam and Frodo bits. They better kiss in RotK, or I'm gonna ask for my money back

PervyOrcFancier
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2002 08:28
"I'm going to cut maggot-holes in your belly."

I guess i'm the only one who absolutely loved those bits, so great.. but I think the parts could have been longer..

LOL!! he's great, isn't he? :drool:

Gilraen*15
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2002 12:17
'Do you want me to describe it..... or shall i find you a box.'
is that not the best line in cinema history ever.......
Gimil is just great in this film and legolas.
i did not like faramir either. how does he Know Boromir is dead?
pipsqueak
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 27, 2002 06:04
"I'm going to cut maggot-holes in your belly."

I guess i'm the only one who absolutely loved those bits, so great.. but I think the parts could have been longer..

MUCH longer...in the books it was a long, dirty, exausting run, and they outwitted the orc instead of watching an ent squish them.

"Untie our legs."

"Untie your legs?I'll untie every bone in your body!"

this chapter's my favorite in the book...got it bookmarked forever, so I can read it over and over and over and over and over....they did a good job in it.

PervyOrcFancier
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2002 06:14

MUCH longer...in the books it was a long, dirty, exausting run, and they outwitted the orc instead of watching an ent squish them.

"Untie our legs."

"Untie your legs?I'll untie every bone in your body!"

this chapter's my favorite in the book...got it bookmarked forever, so I can read it over and over and over and over and over....they did a good job in it.

mine aswell..
it should have had most of its original lines.. I would have liked to see Grishnakh get outsmarted, rather than just get squished..

"Enjoying your nice rest? or not? a little awkwardly placed perheps: swords and whips on one side, and nasty spears on the other! little people should not meddle in affairs that are too big for them."-Grishnakh

I would have liked to see that, despite the fact in the movie it was my favourite part, I was still disappointed alittle by it..
Ainulindale
Last Homely Housekeeper
& Gallery Shirriff

Send Message
on: December 27, 2002 07:18
A while ago I thought that PervyOrcFancier was rather weird.... but now i understand you a bit better. After TTT, i find orcs quite cute. Especially the part one of them said 'they don't need their legs do they?' somehow after that they don't seem so detestable after all. I'm quite sorry for them.

I liked all the Gimli and legolas parts. I'm glad that Legolas got more than just 'orcs!', 'goblins!' and 'the ring must be destroyed!'. I'm not really head over heels about him, but I'm glad he and gimil got all those parts.

I liked Faramir in the book and after watching TTT three times, i grumpily admitted to myself that PJ had to do that to Faramir to make Aragorn look even more heroic. Imagine in ROTK, when he is crowned, you might be thinking.. hey, he's no differen't from faramir.... why all the fuss.

I loved sam.

Oh! and the Rohan music is awesome! I love orchestral music and this is the best! they have that special theme for the rohirrim. Eowyn was brilliant, too. At first i thought Otto was too old.she's 30 over and Eowyn is 23. But when i saw her acting, i realized she suits the role very well. A bit too warm though.

I don't disagree with Arwen in the movie... Liv Tyler doesn't overdo it. It's not like this part never hapened.Tolkien just didn't mention it.

About Faramir now.
Honestly, wouldn't you be a bit confused if everyone, yes everyone, was tempted by the ring except Faramir? He would be more heroic than Aragorn,(not a good idea) and he would also be destroying the image of the ring that was built in FOTR. I would much prefer one Aragorn in the movie, thank you very much. However i didn't like how they shoved the hobbits. It's not like they could resists huge men anyway.

On the whole, THE BEST MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!

By the way, can someone enlighten me about gimli's toss me thing? I watched it thrice and all i could see was a reference from FOTR. Never heard of the phrase before.

And oh yes! Merry and Pippin rule. As well as all their captors. Love those orcs!
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: December 27, 2002 07:30
Gollum ruled! I like the part when he was talking to himself. Legolas also kicked butt! :blush: Gimil was funny
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email