Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Johan_Oder
Council Member
Send Message
Post Escape From Angband(open to all)
on: June 02, 2006 12:25
Baisically this game is set in the dungeons of Angband. As the name suggests you are an elf, a dwarf or a man and you have to try and escape from Angband with the other cell mates. The story starts here:

Johan tunneled through. It seemed that only the way out of the dungeons cells was blocked. it was easy enough to move about between cells it seemed. Johan had been in his cell nearly all his life. He was in his cell at the creation of the orcs but Morgoth couldn't turn him into an orc. There was too much light in him. He was regually beaten and tortured yet he still wore a smile and laughed. He could also speak the language of the orcs. He reached the end of his tunnel and smashed through the floor above him. He poped out his head into a cell. The startled occupant looked at him and Johan said
"Mae Govanian!" and laughed.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Escape From Angband(open to all)
on: June 03, 2006 03:26
The pale white figure looked up at the cheery face of another elf. Silithlach felt chilled, as if suffering from a fever, it was not the caves, he actually enjoyed caves alot, it was the orcs that had done this to him. He had been beaten, tortured, and now left with food and water just beyond his reach.
"Mae Govanian." He said weakly, trying to smile. "How did you get here?" His voice was a little stronger, "To my cell at least, I thought that the orcs would never let their prisoners escape." He shifted, the iron shakles on his wrists and feet grating across the rock floor.
Johan_Oder
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2006 05:23
"I was left in the back dungeons of Angband after the first siege. I've lived of orcs and rats for years." He smiled "But all is well now! A friendly face at last! Pray tell are you planning to stay in Angband?" Johan then untied the other elves bonds and jumped back into the tunnel.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2006 11:57
Silithlach stared at the elf for a moment, then smiled, a genuin bright smile, "I do not think that I shall tread upon their hospitality any longer!" He said swiftly rising to his feet.
With a grin he ran after his rescuer, as sure footed as a deer.
"We will need some weapons...I am Silithlach, by the way."
Johan_Oder
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2006 11:06
"Silithlach!" johan said "From now on that name shall mean victory to me." He laughed as he tunneled. He broke through to the next cell and pulled his new friend up with him.

Unfortuanatly it was filled with orcs eating at a table. 6 in all
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2006 11:17
Rhunig snapped out of a half-sleep when he heard voices--smooth voices. Non-orc voices. It had been so long since he'd heard anything but he snarls of beasts and orcs, he'd almost forgotten what they sounded like.

"We will need some weapons...I am Silithlach, by the way."

It was then he saw two figures--free of chains--dart in front of the bars of his cell. They weren't orcs.

"Stop!" he hissed. "Hey, stop!"
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2006 11:43
"Stop!" he hissed. "Hey, stop!" Silithlach heard this and came to a halt, Silithlach saw a person in the cell and quickly ran over to him and unbound him. The orcs were still slightly dazed by their untimely arrival.
"Can you stand?" He asked. He looked back to Johan, "I suppose fists will have to do for now in place of more effective weapons!" And with that he began his assult against the orcs.
Johan_Oder
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 05, 2006 12:13
Johan darted forward and pulled from his pocket what looked like a huting knife made out of sharpened stone. He drove it into the head of the nearest orc before the rest could react. He then ducked and stabbed the next one through the chest.
"2 already!" he laughed
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 05, 2006 09:49
Silithlach snatched up a sword from one of the dead orcs and sliced through the chest of another.
"Die orcs!" He shouted as the orcs rose to attack. He threw himself into the fray and slew another.
"Two down, two to go!"
Johan_Oder
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 05, 2006 11:20
Johan grabbed the last two orcs and knocked their heads together making them disey. He the gutted one and pushed hte other to Silithlach.
"Do what you will" said Johan
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 05, 2006 11:42
"With pleasure." He whispered.
His sword thrust upwar, cutting a part of the bone that would paralize the orc but still keep him concious. Silithlach smiled grimly. "Poor little orc, your life is now at an end." his voice was icy, brutally cold and angry. He twisted his sword, and he killed the orc. A grim look of satasfaction on his fair features.
Johan_Oder
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2006 07:31
"Right lets go" said Johan and shot of down the corridor
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2006 09:36
Silithlach smiled, and ran after Johan.
"So," He said, "Where to now?" He felt tired, and hunger knawed at him painfully. He was tired and thirsty. He wanted nothing more then to fall asleep in a glade somewhere int he middle of nowhere.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2006 12:32
Rhunig had barely risen to his feet when the orcs fell --he felt slightly disappointed at not having a part of it. Ah well, he shrugged, there's sure to be more. Silently he slunk after Silithlach and the other whose name he didn't know.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2006 01:00
"Rhunig, walk beside me." Silithlach said though his throat hurt. "It is to dangerous to walk alone."
The white haired elf stood out in the dark caverns, his pale skin illuminated by itself. The only dark about him was his blue eyes. But at the moment, Silithlach appeared as a ghost. Pale, thin, one could count his ribs. His face was hallow, and he walked with a slight limp.
"So, where are you from?" he asked Rhuning.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2006 01:05
Rhunig glanced suspiciously up at the elf's face--years in Angband had taught him to be wary. "The East," was all he responded; his accent was thick. "The Darkness came, and I did not flee." A rock clattered behind him, and the man hurried his steps. "How did you escape?"
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2006 01:40
"If you mean from here, then it was Johan who found me. But I was captured by orcs as I was exploring caves in the Misty Mountains, they brought me here after a while. I have not seen the sun for...oh I don't know how long. Caves are fine, but I do miss the sun." Silithlach winced slightly.
Johan_Oder
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 09, 2006 03:34
From up the corridor the two companions heard the sound of metal on metal and men shouting.
"Heca, firimar!" Stand aside, mortals!

[Edited on 10/6/2006 by Johan_Oder]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 09, 2006 03:36
"I don't know how you feel, but I sense trouble up ahead." Silithlach said quietly.
He heard the sound of metal and winced, bringing back memories of torture, and hard labour.
"What shall we do? We have been lucky for now, but it can not last this long."
Johan_Oder
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 09, 2006 03:51
Johan far ahead of his companions was wonderfing when thay were going to turn up. Strong as he was he could not slay 10 men himself!
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 09, 2006 04:08
Silithlach came up beside Johan as silently as a ghost. Startling the elf.
"10 men, three of us...and we very well can't split one now can we?" Silithlach tried to joke, to ease the tension, in all honesty he was terrified. "Winner takes all?"
Johan_Oder
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 10, 2006 03:45
"Don't worry there as much men as orcs are elves! They will fall upon the own swords!"
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 10, 2006 04:26
"I do hope you are right..." Silithlach said, looking on the ground nervously.
He picked up a sharp flat rock from the ground.
"We can use these rocks to disable the men, and antoher thing...orcs were elves once."
Johan_Oder
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2006 11:17
"Exactly!" shouted Johan "In my eyes they renounced there claim as childeren of Illuvitar when they served Morgoth!"
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2006 02:31
"Shhhhh!!!!!!!" Silithlach said suddenly, at Johan's shouts. But it was to late the orcs, and men had heard.
Silithlach tossed the rock in his hand, dissabling one of the men. He hefted the orc sword he had taken.
"Oh well, so much so for a quiet escape."
Johan_Oder
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2006 06:15
"Who said I had escape planned!" shouted Johan and jumped into the fray.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2006 10:29
"What? did you plan on taking the whole of Angband down? How can three of us...tired, weak, and sore as we are, even hope to defeat Angband?" Silithlach said as he cut down another orc.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2006 05:45
"If you wanted to bring the whole of Angband down on us, you've done it!" Rhunig barked across as he sliced through a man with a spare piece of shrapnel he found on the ground--not quite thin enough to be wielded as a blade, but sharp enough to mow down an enemy. Knocking an orc's head from its shoulders, he continued, "Now what's your plan?"
Johan_Oder
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2006 06:01
A fire blased in Johans eyes as he cut down orc and men with a fury unbefitiing an elf
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2006 08:17
I do hope he has one. Silithlach thought to himself.
"Rhunig, stick together, if the separate us we are doomed!" Silithach shouted.
He swung his sword and gutted an orc. Johan was frightening him at the moment. Such anger there was in his eyes.
"Johan, come one, join us over here!"
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2006 12:24
One orc looked the same as another, and Rhunig cut through them indiscriminately. Evil as they were, they were smart, and fought with a frenzied accuracy. One tripped him, and he almost fell onto a blade before lacerating the arm that held it.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2006 10:07
Silithlach pulled Rhunig back sharpley. Stabbing an orc and moving back as quickly as he could.
"Rhunig, are you alright?" Silithlach was gasping for breath. His chest hurt slightly, along with hunger and thirst. But Silithlach wasn't giving up yet!
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2006 12:06
"Fine, thank you," Rhunig returned, anger igniting.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2006 02:05
Silithlach nodded. He could not find the strength to be angry. Though he knew he should feel it. He felt only numbness. Nothing more. His sword arm ached as he cut through another orc. So tired...he thought...must not fall asleep...must not...give up. Silithlach was weakening. He could feel blood running down his brow from a cut he did not remember recieving. He could feel that his heart beat was irregular. No pain, only cold.
"Johan...we can not win this now..." He said, he could taste blood on his lips.
meatcar
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2006 10:57
Dûrîmbôr was chipping away at the floor, finishing up the fnal touches on his masterpeice, an engraving of the Kûmór caves, his home before the orks came.

Suddenly, he heard sounds of a comotion somewhere in the halls. "Somebody getting a beating again... Lets hope I'm not next" "Die, orcs!!!" "No, it cannot be..." Dûrîmbôr whispered to himself. "Crakling thunders, somebody got the gut to attack the orks!!!" The idea gave Dûrîmbôr a wave of strength. It has been a long time since he tried to break out. But the doors were fresh back then... His eyes fell to the floor. His engraving... the 20 years of carving has worn the stone thin in some places. WIth a well aimed throw of the food bowl, the stones might be broken free.

Dûrîmbôr reached for the bowl. It was made of iron wood, with a brass rim. He lifted it up over his head, and slammed it down on the ground with a bang. The floor cracked. A little peice of it popped out of it place. Dûrîmbôr picked it up, and wedged it into a crack in the door, and hammered it in with a bowl. he proceded on, ocasionaly breaking off a bit more of the floor. eventually, the door started to crack and bend all over. With a grunt, Dûrîmbôr threw himself at the door, and flew out of his cell. He looked around.

It was a dark hall, with a torch every few hundred yard. It seemed to curve around, hiding from him what was at the end. He heard voices down the hall, "In my eyes they renounced there claim as childeren of Illuvitar when they served Morgoth!" Dûrîmbôr jumped up, grabbed a torch, and ran to the voices. He heard a battle, getting closer and closer to him. and right there, before his eyes stood a bloody sceene. Three elves brandishing swords and knives mercilessly slaughtering a number of Orks around them. Brandishing the torch and his bowl that he still clutched close to his heart, Dûrîmbôr ran into battle.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email