Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks Mareth, I'm sorry that you can't make your room Lotr themed yet, one day I hope you will!
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Since I have last posted, I have added a few more things to my room.

I beleive I mentioned my centerpiece that I crafted...? Correct me if I am wrong...

I have also bought a bunch of iron-wrought keys on an old fashioned key ring, much like the Elves of Mirkwood use to lock up the Dwarves.

I will have a picture of that up in the coming days.

We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lady Miriel Gelliam
Council Member
Send Message
I'm back! Sorry, got "grounded" for a while... *hides face with shame* I was not spending enough time with "real" friends. Which really is a problem...

Anyways, YES!! Thank you so much Chris (and Finde!) for those awesome ideas! I have actually convinced my mum to let me redo my room!! *gasp* Turns out that she thought you can't re-paint flat walls more than once. But you can!! So I'm going to paint it a cream colour, and get a new (well, it's my mum and dad's old one, but new for me!) off-white bedspread with blue and coral birds and foliage, and possibly I'll get to buy a bed-curtain-hanging-veil-y-thing. And mum said I could totally put curtains over my bookcase and throws over my corner chair, and make parchment-y book covers for some of my more modern books, and make scrolls and silk-painting things if I really wanted to and - *pants* I'm just so happy! AAAHHH!! I am totally going to use all of your awesome advice, and make my room totally awesome and elvish-y, and be totally happy.

You should post a pic of your centerpiece, Finde! I want to see it - I bet it's amazing.
"In 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important." ~ The Eleventh Doctor
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
I look forward to seeing your pictures findemaxam48, sounds like you have some nice things.

Its nice to hear from you Lady Miriel, Sorry you got grounded! Its great to hear from you again through. I am very pleased your Mum agrees with letting you redo your Room, that Bedspread sounds very cool! I am so pleased for you, I can see your excited with is awesome! The best part of all is, "and be totally happy" - hearing that is a good thing, happiness is very important I look forward to see what you do with your room, do post picture's.

With my room I am planning to change the colour from deep crimson red to a parchment cream, I am also going to try and rearrange the furniture and just make things look a bit more balanced really.

-Chris

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I would love to paint my walls dark red or dark blue, but if I did that, I would need new carpet, preferably cream or brown shag.

Welcome back, Miri!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
I would very much like to have a Middle-Earth-looking room. Preferably elvish, Rivendell-ish. Problem is, I'll have to repaint my room, which is red and blue (I have no idea why I chose those colors. I must have been out of my mind ), but my mom is reluctant about it cuz it will cost money. And for me, it will be a lot of work to move the furniture, and my book cases are crammed. My room is crammed. It will all cost money, and my parents would rather spend them on more useful things.
Eglerio Eru o I gely bân siriar. (Praise God from Whom all blessing flow)
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I'll trade rooms with you, Alex! My room is very open. How do you feel about pink carpet and white walls? Just kidding!
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
I am sorry that your parents are reluctant Alexanda, I can only hope with time they will change there outlooks, all the same once you are older and have your own place, you can do what you want.

Deep Red and blue are beautiful colours findemaxam48, have you ever thought about wood flooring? however if your like me and find that's a bit expensive, you could use vinyl wood flooring, which is cheaper and works a charm.

Best of Luck to everyone in there Middle earth-y pursuits at home!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I would love to have wood flooring, but underneath the carpet in my upstairs bedroom, there is cold, cracked, red tile. Our house used to be a duplex somewhere along the line and my room was the upstairs apartments kitchen.
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
I can trade rooms, Maxie! White walls are fine and the pink carpet can be taken care of. kidding.
Eglerio Eru o I gely bân siriar. (Praise God from Whom all blessing flow)
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I might be doing some more stenceling on the walls or even door, the ivy still, but in the red and blue. I'd love to have maybe ivy crawling up one side of my door in black or green though.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Stencilling sounds very cool, when I was a small boy My parents did me a blue room with fish stencils, it was neat! But I think your ivy sounds very nice, you could always use some of this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-87-9-19ft-Artificial-Ivy-Vine-Leaf-Garland-Plants-Fake-Foliage-Flowers-Deco-/271387087017?pt=UK_Home_HomeDecor_Miscellaneous&var=&hash=item3f2fee50a9
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Im opening up that link now...
Oh, I like that a lot! But i couldn;t tell the price for it since it was in euros, I think. But Im sure I could find something similar to it in my Mom's store.

Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
I hope you can find it, I am sure you could find it in your country some where.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Update: I have ordered the ivy for ten dollars per two and a half yards. I will pick it up at the store when I have more money.
Eusonia
Council Member
Send Message
Post Wall space
on: June 08, 2014 03:09
I have even working, for quite some time now, on an eleven style bedroom and was wondering what creative or crafty ideas people had for filling wall space. I already have flower wall stickers, ivy drawings, carvings, maps, banners and the door to Moria. I know it's a long list but there must be something I haven't got! Thanks for the help in advance.
I miss you. I miss you both. I miss you every week, ever day, every hour, every minute. Every second I shatter once more under the weight I have to carry. My heart bleeds afresh from this old wound.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Have you thought of maybe gold stenceling in some Tengwar? Im sure someone here can translate what you want said for you.
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
*bump*
'Wall space' thread merged with this one.
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Its sounds like you have almost everything Eusonia, hmm maybe you could put up some shelves, and put things like bottles/scrolls/"elfy" stuff on them?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Maybe you can get some mosaic-y stuff, too. That might add to the look.
Eusonia
Council Member
Send Message
I miss you. I miss you both. I miss you every week, ever day, every hour, every minute. Every second I shatter once more under the weight I have to carry. My heart bleeds afresh from this old wound.
Eusonia
Council Member
Send Message
Some photos of my bedroom so far:
Some Ikea wall stickers
My headboard:
A Fairth, technically speaking from the Inheritance series but just as cool all the same:

This was made by my Great Great Grandfather!:
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Your picture's don't appear to of come out Eusonia, You could try using a photo hosting site perhaps?

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Something like Tinypic? You don't have to sign up if you don't want to. And it is free.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I was frittering away time searching on Google for some Middle Earth decorating ideas. Here are some of my findings:

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
The top is a table setup, the middle a doormat, and the third is my favorite, a pillow. How awesome is that?
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Nice pictures, I love the table top set up.

I have now redecorated my room, it used to be painted deep red, but now it is rich cream (kind of like bag ends walls). I also, with the help of my Father panelled one of my walls lower halves and wood panelled my wardrobe sides and doors, (still working on the doors. I too put up some Shelves. Here are some pictures,

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
That looks amazing! I really like the shelves and the color of the walls.
Feyna
Council Member
Send Message
I agree! That looks really amazing! And nice bottle collection too!^^

Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you very much for your comment. Collecting bottles is something of a hobby of mine, I am always on the lookout for something new/interesting/different
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Late to the party, but that looks amazing Chris! I love the wall color and the combination of candles, bottles and goblets. So Elvish.

[Edited on 11/06/2014 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I would love to get some bottles in my room. When the job comes, I will try.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email