Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lady-Arwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post The Truth About Faramir?
on: December 20, 2002 03:30
Okay, I suppose it goes without saying that most people highly disliked the way Faramir was changed in Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. And to be honest, it bothered me as well. I had liked his perseverant and sometimes even humorous personality and the way he was willing to simply refuse the Ring. He was a character easy to like and the fact that that was changed, I feel, was in fairly bad taste.

So of course the question I've ALSO seen moving around the boards is: Why did they do that anyway?

Well to be honest I cannot not give a definite answer, I have no way of really knowing, but judging from some of the things I have read on the subject and a long discussion my sister and I had upon seeing the movie, I think we have come up with the reason and something that made me like him a little more in the end.

The fact was that in the book (though it has yet to be seen in the movie) Faramir is out of his father, Denethor’s favor. His brother Boromir is preferred over himself, his father has always torn his younger son down and send him off on foolish missions he KNOWS will kill him. Faramir would then do nearly anything he could to get back into his father's favor. And in this case he knew that his father would enjoy the Ring. The thing about it is when you watch the movie, (due to David Wehnem's excellent acting) You can see all over his face that he, unlike Boromir, doesn't exactly want the Ring for Gondor. And also, unlike some may suspect, he doesn't seem to want it for himself.

He says the line: "Now for Captain Faramir to show his quality." And it becomes even more apparent that what he's thinking is: "If I bring this to my father I will be in his favor for sure!"

Now we get to his slow changing of mind. Slowly but surely his conscious and the doubts he all ready had are played upon seriously by Sam's tirade about Boromir, by Frodo's pitiful pleas and by the growing realization (due to the Nazgul and Gollum) that the Ring can only perform evil and will in fact bring down all who possess it.

Therefore upon reaching Osgiliath there is a final peak to his doubts and he realizes that he cannot do this. Now, however, his choice is even harder and there is much more at stake for himself than there had been for Galadriel, Boromir and Aragorn. Now he must not only refuse what surely would have brought him the favor he longed for, but it also forfeits his own life and brings down the wrath of his father for bringing the Ring so close and then refusing to bring it further.

There is a great amount of honor in this decision and though we are angry and annoyed that he made such a selfish decision in the first place. We are glad to see that, unlike Boromir, in the end he made the right decision.

I'm still not exactly glad that they changed this aspect of the movie, I would have preferred him simply be as he was in the books.

But seeing it more for what I think it was helps to keep Captain Faramir of Gondor a good character in my own mind. And upon refusing the Ring his character can only improve from here.

I hope.

~*~Lady Arwen
Elbereth_Jones
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Truth About Faramir?
on: December 22, 2002 05:02
Hmmm.... It's a good point.... I'll have to see the movie more times (looking for someone else to drag possibly my brother or my uncle) before I can know for sure. However as it stands I still don't like movie Faramir.
truebizotic
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2002 04:16
One of my views on the movie is that Peter Jackson knew he had to make a good movie, not just a visual portrait of the books. So he had to make some changes....and we all have to admit it was a good movie....
I did like Faramir in the movie, I think that he was believable as a character and that David Wehnem portrayed him very well, I hope we will be able to see the lighter side of his personality in Return of the King,though. I originally thought that he was sort of mean to Frodo then realized how stressed he was under the circumstances...I mean, Osgiliath is getting attacked...evil is about to overrun the world...how could he NOT be stressed?

[Edited on 24/12/2002 by truebizotic]
Lady-Arwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 24, 2002 11:20
Very true! I agree with that.

I also think that, from a director's prespective, there is a lot of planning that go into such changes, he had a chance here to either make another character simply refuse the ring. Or take the oppertunity to introduce an element that would come in later. Namely: Faramir's relationship with his father.

I feel sort of bad for David Wehnem, he is an excellent actor and that sort of got swallowed up in viewers disappointment in his character.

I too hope we get to see the lighter sides of him later on
BoromirsBabe
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2002 08:23
Wow, I hadn't thought of that Lady-Arwen! Hmm...it has made me think differently of Faramir now. I think I might like him now!

Good point(s).
Lady-Arwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 26, 2002 06:34
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed that and I'm sure Faramir appreciates it

Did anyone else read that GreenCine article?

It was an interesting look at Faramir from the Director and Co-Writer's prospective.

[Edited on 26/12/2002 by Lady-Arwen]
BoromirsBabe
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2002 09:37
you're welcome!! No, I haven't read the GreenCine article.
I'll hafta go find it an' check it out!

Ainulindale
Last Homely Housekeeper
& Gallery Shirriff

Send Message
on: December 28, 2002 04:45
I think i posted something like this before, but here we go:
Besides the abovementioned, they had to make the star of the show, Aragorn, look really good. Realize he's the only human who resists the ring! If Faramir resisted the ring aswell, Aragorn wouldn't seem half as great. Which isn't a good thing.

I agree with Lady Arwen about film.
Lady-Arwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 28, 2002 05:01
That is a very good point Ainulindale! And actually that was a similar point to one PJ made in that article!

Here's the part I thought you'd be interested in:

In the book, for example, Faramir is very pure and very noble, but here in the film, he's got this evil touch. He's even tempted by the ring.

Peter Jackson: For a short time, yeah. We made that change, just to use that example -- and this is really where being a filmmaker differs from being a writer. You make decisions as a filmmaker and, rightly or wrongly, you change things if you think they need to be changed. We wanted the episode with Faramir in this particular film to have a certain degree of tension. Frodo and Sam were captured. Their journey had become more complicated by the fact that they are prisoners. Which they are in the book for a brief period of time. But then, very quickly in the book, Tolkien sort of backs away from there and, as you say, he reveals Faramir to be very pure. At one point, Faramir says, "Look, I wouldn't even touch the ring if I saw it lying on the side of the road."

For us, as filmmakers, that sort of thing creates a bit of a problem because we've spent a lot of time in the last film and in this one to establish this ring as incredibly powerful. Then to suddenly come to a character that says, "Oh, I'm not interested in that," to suddenly go against everything that we've established ourselves is sort of going against our own rules. We certainly acknowledge that Faramir should not do what Boromir did and that he ultimately has the strength to say, "No, you go on your way and I understand." We wanted to make it slightly harder, to have a little more tension than there was in the book. But that's where that sort of decision comes from.

The reality is that The Two Towers is the slightest of the books, I think. We kind of have all the memorable moments of the book in the film and what we've done is to actually enhance and add bits of story that weren't in the book. For instance, we have Frodo and Sam arguing with each other at one point in the movie so that you can see that the tension of what they're doing is getting to them. And that wasn't in the book, but we wanted to develop these characters a bit.

So that's kind of THEIR view on it.

Also, in an interview with Elijah Wood, he made brief mention to the fact that Faramir did it in the main to gain his father's favor.

Something we now suspect

[Edited on 28/12/2002 by Lady-Arwen]
Ainulindale
Last Homely Housekeeper
& Gallery Shirriff

Send Message
on: December 28, 2002 04:33
I reallly like to read Peter Jackson's interviews because then i understand why he's doing all those seemingly silly stuff!

And about Faramir getting into his father's good books, i never thought of that proprely. It's true in the third book when he returnes to Gondor you can tell Denethor favours Boromir. They cleverly wove that into the second movie.

Thanks Lady Arwen.
Lady-Arwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 29, 2002 02:41
You're welcome!

Another point I caught from re-reading the book is that Faramir never actually *saw* the Ring in the book. The fact that he saw it in the movie putting the brothers on roughly the same ground.

I'll bet Boromir's wishing HE had never seen the Ring! *sigh*

Anyone notice the current poll?
Aowyn
Resident Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: December 31, 2002 05:38
I think I've made my peace with the character but one scene I absolutely love is when Faramir is watching Gollum/Smeagol talk to himself after he's been captured. That was great.
Lady-Arwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 31, 2002 03:00
Yeah! That was a good scene. Why did you like it exactly?
rhia
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 31, 2002 10:21
There's also the fact that they moved Shelob to ROTK. This meant that they needed a climax for Frodo's portion of the story.

I'm not saying I like or agree with this decission but its helped me see the more practical side of the change in Faramir's character.
Lady-Arwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 01, 2003 05:47
That's an interesting point rhia, I hadn't actually thought of that! But you're right.

I was telling my sisters the other day that I can't even imagine Eowyn and Faramir in the same scene because they were so distant in the story. Wonder how that will go.

Did anyone else know that there was supposed to be a sort of flashback scene of Faramir, Boromir and Denathor? I wonder if it was cut or moved. But that would have been interesting.
Elbereth_Jones
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2003 07:14
Ooh yeah I really would have liked to see Faramir, Boromir, and Denethor. If they wanted to show that Faramir craved his father's attention so much, it would be better if they had a scene like that. To me, it's just they took Faramir who was so pure and noble in the book, and made him all... :evil: nasty in the film. If they'd left in a flashback scene it could have given a lot more insight on his character right away.

Because to me it's that whole thing about first impressions. My first impression was, "This is not Faramir! Where's the real Faramir and what have you done with him?" Like the saying goes you don't have a second chance to make a first impression. No matter how much I try to sit here and analyze what they did to the character, and understand why, the first impression sticks more.

Of course I really want to see the movie again and see if I can't look at it differently.
Lady-Arwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 01, 2003 07:59
Yes, I agree that a flashback scene would have been very insightful for his character.

I mean, as it is, I'm thinking that all it will take in RoTK is one scene where Denethor bashes his son and if he uses ANY of the phrases he used in the book (such as: I wish you had gone instead of your brother) I believe it will sway people's opinion of Faramir.

And go ahead and watch it again with that in mind Elbereth_Jones, I found that, having come up with all this analysis, I was able to give Faramir more benefit of a doubt.
Aowyn
Resident Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: January 02, 2003 07:36
Yeah! That was a good scene. Why did you like it exactly?

Just because it's so well done...I think Andy Serkis was great at portraying Gollum and if you look at Faramir's expression, it looks to me like just for a minute he begins to realize what the Ring's all about...too bad it takes him so long to really get it in the movie...seeing Gollum makes it pretty easy to believe that poor Boromir lost his mind temporarily and tried to take the Ring, doesn't it?
Lady-Arwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 03, 2003 08:22
Yeah it does!

One thing I really like about Faramir is the way that David Wenhem did his looks like he was taking EVERYTHING in but was not letting on what he was thinking.

Like in that scene, he's just staring at Gollum and though you have an idea what he's thinking, you're not sure just how his mind is taking it, and how these thoughts are ultimately effecting him.
Aowyn
Resident Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: January 03, 2003 09:18
Just a thought--I wonder if this version of Faramir was written so that Eowyn could "change" or "redeem" him in RoTK? You know, he's kinda bad, but he falls for a good woman...yada,yada,yada....
Lady-Arwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 03, 2003 04:38
Well, if that IS gonna be the case it will be the most interesting irony of the century since I remember Eowyn saying something along the lines of: "Would you have them say, look there is the man who tamed the shieldmaiden of Rohan"! *laughs* I suppose it COULD work the other way around
Scothia
CoE Elder Sister
Send Message
on: January 03, 2003 08:57
So far, those who say they hate the representation of Faramir are ahead of those who say they can live with it, but not by an overwhelming majority--it's 46%-42% as I write. So it's by no means a cut-and-dried issue. And I think a lot of people voted negatively as a reaction to their puzzlement at the change, without having time to reflect on or understand why

I understood Film-Faramir (hereafter referred to as FF) from my first viewing. I've seen it four times now, and each time my understanding of the characterization becomes clearer. The excellent points by others here, and the interview with PJ, should serve to demonstrate that FF, while different from Book Faramir (BF), is no less noble. He is tempted by the Ring, yes. But so were Gandalf, Galadriel, and Aragorn--all noble characters. PJ gives us something really important to good filmmaking: proper development of characters. FF doesn't know who the heck Sam and Frodo are when he fiorst sees them. For all he knows, they could be Orc spies! There are all kinds of weird people running around his part of Middle-earth, none of them up to any good. Gondor is in danger. Plus, FF has the Denethor/Boromir thing to deal with, too. And FF arives at understanding the true nature of the Ring far sooner than his brother did.

BF was, as PJ said, almost too good for the book, and certainly too "good" for the movies. Why go to all the trouble of developing this tension about the Ring, and then have a character who is naturally impervious to it? And wouldn't he make not only his brother Boromir look worse by contrast, but also all the other major characters who suffer its temptation, as well? That would certainly slow down the pace of a film, and not make much sense either.

I think the ending of TT shows us a Faramir worthy of Eowyn and worthy to take his place among the heroes of Middle-earth. I'd be willing to bet we'll see that even more in the next film. I wouldn't give up on him just yet!
Lady-Arwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 04, 2003 03:24
VERY good points Scothia!

These are some views I shared in the first post but you really put them together well.

I especially agree with what you said about him making the majority of characters look worse, because this would have undoubtedly happened.

I think another part of the problem is that fans of the movie and book don't exactly put it into prospective.

Faramir did not instantly refuse the Ring as he had done in the book but then neither did Aragorn. He agonized over it for a few minutes before making his final decision.

Now this compared does not seem to make sense, but Faramir had several differences than Aragorn.

1. He was younger.
2. He thought Frodo and Sam may be spies while Aragorn was protecting them.
3. He had his father he was thinking about.
4. He had not been faced with the Ring's true powers of evil.

Therefore when Aragorn refuses it is a pivotal point and everyone breaths a sigh of relief, whereas when Faramir refuses it everyone is simply mad that he didn't refuse it sooner.

There again, as you said, there are some changes in the movie that are pictures of good character development. And I agree with you that this was one of them

I still hope to like him better in the next film, where we will undoubtedly see his GOOD side
Aowyn
Resident Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: January 04, 2003 07:59
Yes, I have to say that each time I see it I am more and more okay with Faramir in the movie. You both have very, very good points. Never hated movie Faramir to begin with, was just puzzled by the changes and having seen the movie a few more times, I agree that book Faramir just wouldn't have translated to screen as well as us Faramir fans would like to think. As you say, it wouldn't have made a lot of sense.
Lady-Arwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 07, 2003 10:51
Did anyone see that picture of Denethor? He doesn't exactly look pleasent.
Rivka
Frodo Fanatic and Head Oligarch
Send Message
on: January 07, 2003 11:06
All right, you've convinced me (well, your arguments and the 2 extra viewings of the movie have). I was never a big fan of Book Faramir, but was upset to see what they did to him in the movie. Your idea that his choices and actions are tied into wanting his father's approval makes a lot of sense, as well as the need to make this part of the story a little more dramatic. *is convinced and no longer hates movie Faramir*
"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
annunvingiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2003 12:01
'One thing I really like about Faramir is the way that David Wenhem did his looks like he was taking EVERYTHING in but was not letting on what he was thinking.'

this makes me think about how the nobles way back when were able to disguise their feelings. like, if they felt one way, they said the opposite. also, they could mask their feelings. it was very important that they did this (just read crown duel by sherwood smith~you'll see what i mean). i liked faramir, but he kind of annoyed me the third time i saw the movie. oh well. i enjoy it more now...lady scribe of avandell (formerly annunvingiel)
Rethehare
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2003 01:08
No, no, no. The Faramir's change of character was taken too far. He was tempted in the book and he may have been tempted in the film. The really good scene was the one when he held the Ring chain at the tip of his sword. But going to daddy was not true to the character. The whole point of Faramir's disgrace had been best summed by Denethor himself "Boromir was always loyal to me and no wizard's pupil." So why suddenly such change of heart. If PJ wanted really to make Faramir more mean and influenced by the Ring he shoud have shown Faramir planning to take the Ring for himself to "show" daddy, not to give it to him. And the whole sequence in Osgiliath was really waste of time and spoiled the plot.
Lady-Arwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 09, 2003 05:14
Interesting points Rethehare, however you must keep in mind all the elements of his character change, Peter Jackson COULD NOT have Faramir be the only one to refuse it so easily. And frankly I am at a loss to understand why taking it for himself to 'show' his father would have been better than taking it to give to his father. Either way the choice is selfish, but at least he is longing for something more important than power when he wants his father's love.

The fact is that all along the line they gave characters more serious reactions to the Ring and in the cases of Galadriel, Bilbo and Gandalf they simply had to inhance slightly what they had had before, and with Aragorn they had to go a little bit farther, so by the time they reached Faramir, something serious had to be done, they couldn't suddenly have him be as good as he was in the book and because the animosity between him and his father had been so great it was a good time to introduce that.

Osgiliath WAS surprising, but in the end it didn't bother me very much because it simply became a detour to complete a point and I think that what they've done with Faramir will help them later, however now it is not doing them too much good.

Annunvingiel: Yeah, that is pretty interesting all right. Oh and I'm glad you like him more

Rivka: *laughs* Yeah a couple extra viewings usually help! I've still only seen it a couple times, but I even felt better about his character the second time round!

This report brought to you by Lady-Arwen who lives 1 hour and 1/2 from the nearest theater and feels it is a conspiracy
Rethehare
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2003 11:09
And frankly I am at a loss to understand why taking it for himself to 'show' his father would have been better than taking it to give to his father. Either way the choice is selfish, but at least he is longing for something more important than power when he wants his father's love.

My Lady, remember the Ring is evil, it seeks the greatest weakness. If Faramir wanted his father's love at any cost he would just become another Boromir. It is much easier for me to imagine this hollow whisper "he wil never love you, pay him back for sending you to death again and again".
But actually, my whole point is .the change in Faramir's character was much too drastic. Boromir under constant influence of the Ring still has time for compassion, friendship, care. After seeing the film for the third time the word that will best summ my reaction to Faramir is "frossst".

Lady-Arwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 11, 2003 05:31
My Lady, remember the Ring is evil, it seeks the greatest weakness. If Faramir wanted his father's love at any cost he would just become another Boromir. It is much easier for me to imagine this hollow whisper "he wil never love you, pay him back for sending you to death again and again".

*Laughs* That, unfortunately, is going to remain a matter of oppinion, Rethehare. You can see the thing both ways. I completely agree that the Ring finds the point of longing within a person and uses that for its own defices, but I do not see Faramir's situation as:

"Use it against your father."

Rather that the Ring saw how much he longed for his father's love and said:

"Use it to please your father."

We know he told his men to send it to him, and he even said.

"Tell him FARAMIR has brought him a mighty gift."

Still, I can see how you could say that it was him preparing to destroy him, but it is simply to your interperation, and I am willing to give Faramir more of a benifit of a doubt.

But actually, my whole point is .the change in Faramir's character was much too drastic. Boromir under constant influence of the Ring still has time for compassion, friendship, care. After seeing the film for the third time the word that will best summ my reaction to Faramir is "frossst".

All I can say is that that the situation was different.

Boromir was told from the beginning that he COULD NOT HAVE THE RING!! He faced Elrond, Gandalf and Aragorn on the subject and they all were telling him he COULD NOT HAVE IT!!

So he didn't try to take it, he WAS compassionate, he wasn't cruel, he was even humorous, but any time the Ring was brought out the pull came once more. So when the chance came at last and the draw the Ring was too great, he tried to take it.

Faramir, however, had a different situation entirely. He had the Ring in his grasp, no one but two little Hobbits were telling him he couldn't have it, there was nothing to stop him, the pull was far too great, and this close to the influence of the Dark Lord I believe the Ring had gained strength, it could pull much harder. And he gave in to his own weakness.

Also there is the fact that Boromir's personality was different, he was watching his city fall he was seeing the turmoil, but he had the love of his father, he had the respect of his people. And Faramir? He was watching the same destruction and where was he? Out in the middle of nowhere leading men into pointless battles that were doing no good. He did not have the love of his father, his people barely knew him, he only had the respect of those under his direction.

So I feel there were drastic differences between them, which then leaded to drastic differences in their behavior.

And in the end Faramir DID make the right choice, Boromir didn't.
Aowyn
Resident Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: January 14, 2003 04:38
The only thing that keeps Boromir from killing Frodo for the Ring is the fact that Frodo manages to kick him away, and when he tries to get hold of him again, he slips and sort of stuns himself, giving Frodo the chance to leave the area. Had that not happened, I'm sure he would have gotten the Ring, and Frodo would be history. Faramir resisted the Ring when he had it right in front of him and could have had it easily, even in the movie. To me, that makes them two different men. Not to say that Boromir wasn't very good and heroic when the temptation was removed and he'd lost his chance. He was. But I still believe he would have throttled Frodo to get that Ring had he had the chance to finish, so strong was its hold at that moment. They are two different types of people.
Lady-Arwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 18, 2003 05:37
Very true Aowyn! Oh and I like your icon
Lady-Arwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 29, 2003 02:43
I think it's interesting how The Ring affects changes like that in the character. Like they transform. (seriously that way with Galadriel )
drunken_elf
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 29, 2003 08:30
I'm sure in every other Faramir thread in the Movie Forum there is likely to be a post from me - I'm very passionate about debating movie Faramir vs book Faramir. So a few thoughts:

1. Boromir tried to physically take the Ring. Faramir is tempted, and then decides, "no, I'll take it to my father," for the reason that he's trying to please his father. So really, Faramir resists the temptation of the Ring himself, but takes it (partway) to his father because he desperately wants his father's love.

2. In the book, Faramir and his men sit down with Frodo and Sam for a fair while when Faramir gets them to tell their story, etc. before they even start moving to Henneth Annun. Then, when they get there, they sit again and have a long discussion. In the movie, the filmmakers couldn't have had all the long sequences of discussion - in fact we see hardly any of it. Let's see there is when Frodo and Sam are caught: "Bind their hands." Then once they are at Henneth Annun there is a piece of dialogue in which Frodo and Sam have the oppurtunity to explain themselves a bit:
Faramir: My men tell me that you are orc spies.

Sam: Spies? Now wait just a minute.

Faramir: But if you’re not spies then who are you? Speak.

Frodo: We are hobbits of the Shire. Frodo Baggins is my name, and this is Samwise Gamgee.

Faramir: Your bodyguard?

Sam: His gardener.

Faramir: And where is your skulking friend? That gangrel creature. He had an ill-favored look.

Frodo: There was no other. We set out from Rivendell with seven companions. One we lost in Moria. Two were my kin. A dwarf there was also and an elf and two men. Aragorn son of Arathorn and Boromir of Gondor.

Faramir: You’re a friend of Boromir?

Frodo: Yes. For my part.

Faramir: It would grieve you then to learn that he is dead.

Frodo: Dead? How? When?

Faramir: As one of his companions I’d hoped you would tell me. He was my brother.

Hopefully there will be more in the EE..But for now, you can see that Faramir at the beginning has no clue about who Frodo and Sam are. As some people have pointed out already, Faramir thinks they are orc spies - he has no reason to treat them kindly, until he finds out more about them. But as I said, I hope that the EE will show a bit more dialogue between them.

3. It seems to me that movie Faramir is taking the loss of Boromir pretty heavily. In the book he talks about it, but movie Faramir doesn't discuss it much at all, it seems to me like he is mourning pretty badly, and why shouldn't he be? It was his brother after all, and it looks like these two little people, could have been involved in his death.

5. Someone in another thread pointed out that from what Faramir sees of Frodo, he doesn't see a great deal of hope that the Quest will succeed. So, why would you keep these hobbits continuing on their Quest into Mordor, with the fate of Middle Earth pretty much guaranteed to fall into the hands of the Enemy? Faramir doesn't know the entire story in the movie, so my thinking is this is what it would look like to him. And consider the news that Faramir recieved about Saruman attacking Rohan - it doesn't look hopeful that Rohan will be coming to Gondor's aid very soon, if at all. So all in all, the sittuation is looking pretty hopeless. But through Sam's short outbursts about Boromir, watching Gollum debating with himself, and at last at Osgiliath with the Nazgul, he understands. And we see true noble pure Faramir just the way he is in the book.

This is just my thoughts, but I hope they were helpful.. I am competely happy with movie Faramir, and I hope that when the EE comes out it will help to get other people feeling better about him too. And of course in ROTK I think we will really see him shine. David Wenham is a great actor, and in ROTK we'll get to see a lot more of him so I'm really looking forward to it!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email