Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First23456Last >>
Author Topic:
ladytindomiel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Newbies sign up here for a newbie-buddy!!
on: November 01, 2007 02:30
HEY new here *obvious* Names Mandy elvish name is Arhiril Tindomiel.So im new here and i would love a newbie buddy to show me wads shaking round here=))it would be a huge BIGGY !!THKS!!!
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 11, 2007 03:04
ladytindomiel, I will be your buddy What do you think of CoE? I like it! Been a member since august. I will message you soon! Lothara
I wish I lived in Middle Earth, I wish I was a Timelord, I wish I attended Hogwarts, but I must always remember, I am a Ranger's Apprentice.
frodofan14
CoE Volunteer & Realm Head of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
on: December 06, 2007 10:58
is there anyone who doesnt have a buddy yet? i would love to show some people around or just talk to some new guys!
Eledh_o_Eryn_Galen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2007 08:01
Hi, I'm completely new to this site and probably shall need some guidance
Linwe_Saralonde
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2007 11:49
I'll pm you Eledh.
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2007 04:57
*curtsies low*

I have been doing some reading in here... And I have a new respect for Thee, my Lord! I already love Thee (as a friend) and respect Thee (deeply), but that just reached new depths! And indeed, my deep respect to anyone else here as well.
I know my rounds a bit, surfing around here, but my main is the language section, the Realm of Ulmo, newbies, humor, Green Dragon Inn, most (?) "my account"-stuff. If that will be helpful to anyone, just let me know.

:hug:

PS. I am studying both languages, so if you read one but not the other, that isn't a problem, i know my ways enough to guide you in the right direction, even though I am not a tutor, nor can be used as one.

[Edited on 18/12/2007 by raina_alassë]
Lady_Tiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2008 11:48
Aiya ilquen, 'tis I, Lady Tiriel, and as I am new I would like a buddy! I love Quenya, though I know little, and I have been told I'm a purist, though I love the movies. :love:
Cheers,
Lady Tiriel
ssiegler
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2008 12:31
Hullos! New here since yesterday^^ still wandering around and being social. Perhaps I could have a buddy? Sounds fun and helpful Let's see...I'm Feanorian obsessed, trying to learn Sindarin...and I tend to be very random. Yup
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2008 12:59
ssiegler, I will gladly be your buddy! I am very social myself. I could help you learn sindarin because I know alot of sindarin words myself mellon nin I will message you soon
I wish I lived in Middle Earth, I wish I was a Timelord, I wish I attended Hogwarts, but I must always remember, I am a Ranger's Apprentice.
ssiegler
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2008 01:09
Le hallon, mellon nin (right? yes...I think so...)
ssiegler
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2008 01:11
somewhat useless message...I need to correct my spelling^^; HaNNon...'n', not 'l'....'n'

Ok. I feel better now

See? learning
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2008 01:13
I thought it was 'hallon Le' but it might also be 'hannon le' I get confused over that one muchly. Will message you A.S.A.P
ssiegler
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2008 01:20
O_o...I'm now compelled to start a nice little discussion on how to correctly say 'thank you' in Sindarin, but I'll resist, since here isn't the place...BUT...if anyone would like to clarify, my poor confuzzled brain would appreciate it.
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2008 01:58
wow, I just looked at Dragon Flame, and they don't even have the words 'thank' and 'you' I think my mellon Raina has it written down somewhere, I will find out soon
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
on: January 04, 2008 02:40
I am pming you now Lady_Tiriel
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
on: January 04, 2008 10:35
Hi ssiegler and Lady_Tiriel. If you need some help or advice, feel free to send me a pm anytime you like, I'll be happy to help out.

I would like to point out that this thread is for asking for a newbiebuddy or help, so please do not double post (if you want to edit your post, you just have to click the 'edit' button underneath it Lady_T ) or discuss elvish in here. It might confuse other newbies. If you feel like chatting with other newbies, feel free to bounce in on the chitchat-thread it's made specially for that.
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
Roheryn19
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2008 05:02
well, i would like a buddy. i work a lot and will not have time to go on CoE more than 2 times a week.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: January 13, 2008 12:13
Hi Roheryn19 I'll be happy to be your buddy but I'm not sure what you are looking for. A good friend? A helping hand besides the one of your daughter? If you want to, feel free to send me a pm (private message) and I'll gladly help out. I'm usually busy myself with uni.
frodofan14
Send Message
on: January 13, 2008 03:50
i think she means a friend. she thinks its not good to be online alot so we should make it worthwhile to her
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2008 10:52
*curtsies* Maybe I can be of any assistance, lady Roheryn?
Roheryn19
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2008 01:46
Thanks raina. I do not need any help at the moment, but trust me, i will!
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2008 09:46
If I find it too much for me, there is Gondolinian, but i will for sure do my very best! :hug:
Davidlgs
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2008 08:35
Hi, I'm David. The topic said 'Newbies sign up here for a newbie-buddy!'. Well, that's pretty much what I need I guess, I'm not new to forums at all but I am kinda new to LotR. I thought I knew a lot but in the past few hours of exploring this site I've come to realize how little of LotR I know. I basicly want someone that I can PM anytime I have a question about Sindarin. I've just started learning it and I'm sure I'll have tons of questions (about more then just Sindarin, about LotR in general). It's good to be here and I can't wait to meet some more people that share the same love for LotR as I do.
frodofan14
Send Message
on: January 17, 2008 12:24
some people? as in more than one, possibly one that doesnt know sindarin? :blush:

well see heres the problem: im leaving in less than an hour to go to Pennsylvania, where i will not have access to a computor. in general, i go on a lot and i too would like to have somone that is online a lot. so i will PM you now, but i cant read you response until Monday. sound good?
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: January 17, 2008 04:42
I'll be happy to help you out with any questions you have about the site or Lotr David, sadly I don't know much of Sindarin so can't help you there.
But I too was shocked and felt very small after checking the site, realizing how little I knew but we learn every day and I'll be happy to help you out with anything you want. Just send me a private message (pm) whenever you feel like it.
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2008 12:58
I am learning Sindarin, if I can be of any service, let me know!
And much so welcome to the site!!!!
Davidlgs
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2008 08:20
Fantastic! Now I have two people who can help me out with my lessons everyone here seems to be very helpful. Thank you all

Btw raina_alassë I sent you a PM about helpin' me out.

[Edited on 18/1/2008 by Davidlgs]
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2008 09:52
Noticed, and answered! And yet again: You are so welcome to this site! Do enjoy yourself!
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2008 04:35
I will also like to help with sindarin, I know it quite well I can also write tengwar...and I freak people out when I write my history notes in it :evil:
legolasprincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2008 03:53
Hi, I am 13 years old, and I'm not sure how to do anything on this site... I could really use a buddy! Thanx!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: January 22, 2008 07:03
Feel free to pm me with any question you have. Perhaps you can check out as much of the site as possible yourself, it's not that hard, just follow the slidebar on the left to see what great features we have.
frodofan14
Send Message
on: January 22, 2008 10:50
well, its obvious that you like legolas, my arch rival, but i dont like to make predjeduces against a newbie just because they like my enemy... so ill PM you
FollowerOfGandalf25
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2008 08:41
anybody want a follower of gandalf friend? Hope I get some pm's.

I wouldn't mind some legolas, arwen, pippin, merry, frodo, aragorn or any of the good guys to be my friends.

from a special follower of gandalf.
frodofan14
Send Message
on: January 29, 2008 10:54
i like pippin, merry and frodo! ill pm you!
FollowerOfGandalf25
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2008 09:59
have sent you a pm back. Thanks for the message.
<< First23456Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email