Register

<< First1415161718
Author Topic:
callë
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Fans over Forty ~ Part XIV
on: May 06, 2008 02:46
A very quick one handed post here...I am holdong little Emi as sha just had her first set of jabs this morning and isnt feeling well. My daughter is taking a much needed relaxing bath so grandmummy is stepping in to help.
Oh Arienelle, bless you my friend. Its so hard when we feel pushed away as a nuisance to family. You are strong and you shall prevail. One thing that has evidently come through from your past with your parents is your devotion to your own children. It is very strong and shall give them strength through their own rough times.I hope the boys are doing alright. I actually owe you an email, but have been very busy myself.
Awelyn, as with most of us here, from our convictions and from experiences in our lives, we are very strong and you too shall get through this time with your knees.
Oh, that we could all live in the same shire and be there for each other in times of need and fellowship. Never mind, we all know that we indeed together in our thoughts.
HT, nice to see you back. That reminds me of a dvd I have (cant remember the name atthe moment), of Orlando Bloom as a milkman turned boxer. I would also be swimming in milk if he were my milkman.:evil:
To be brief, I fly out early Friday morning to Florida for a week. Cant wait to see my mum and sisters. The preparation has been hectic. The baby is a dual citizen as my kids are, and we had to get both passports. The British one was easy, a photo then send in the post and a few days later it was in our hands.The American one was another story. We went online to get her appointment at the embassy in London and they didnt have one available until July. We followed the link to emergency passport (with proof of flying within 15 days), and they popped up an appointment which you have to take. This was on a Saturday night when we recieved their email to us saying she had to be in London tuesday morning. I had to phone into work to let them know I wouldnt be there tuesday and get a last minute train for daughter, baby and I. Emi did enjoy her first trip to London though and saw Buckingham palace and Big Ben and other things that she wont remember. After a search to get through the embassy we finally got it sorted and are supposed to recieve that passport by courier today. I have been working nights this past week with little sleep in between and I am quite literally knackered!
Scots, to you and the other teachers, take heart.. not too much longer.
Swabby, glad you were spared. I saw it on the news as well and worried about you.
Hello to all my other friends. I shall try to pop in again before my flight.
Bless you all.
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2008 02:48
:hug: :hug: :hug: To Arienelle and her boys . So sorry that your attempt to get help didn't work. Sounds like your dad hasn't really changed , though Lord knows some will mellow in advancing age. I hope you find someone else- an obliging neighbour or a class mate's parent perhaps. I hope Wayne is feeling better. Good luck to Jon on his SATs.

And if anyone has some spare good weather, would they please send a bit my way? It's been really chilly lately. My perennials and tulips have poked their brave little heads out but they aren't making much progress. We need sunshine and warmth!

I will be away for 2 weeks starting Friday May 29th. Not sure whether we wil have INternet access (depends on weather we can piggy-back on someone else's wireless connection (haaaarghhhh - I feel like a pirate). Will try to stay in touch

:cheers:
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: May 06, 2008 04:45
Arienelle, I am so sorry that you felt like a nuisance and I know how you felt I have been there and done that with my parents. It is so horrid to feel that way and worse when it is your parents. I would love to be able to take my grandkids to school. But not everyone is cut out to be a parent or grandparent either. I wish we lived closer as Calle said as a group FOF always sticks together and we support each other. We would help you. As Neenime told me last week. You are a shield maiden and you have inner strength just get inside and use it. But I know that you do that all ready. I wish there something I could do for you but I will send you love and hugs. You will be in my prayers. I will try the lavender oil. I love the smell of lavender. In the 60's there was a soap or something by Yardley that was lavender and I used it all the time. I am having trouble with the spell check to and I used it often so I have my faithful dictionary beside me. Good luck with exams and I hope you get some help from somewhere.

Neenime,here you go I am sending you good weather.:love: I hope you have a great time but we will miss you.

Calle ,so good to hear from you. Oh, have a great time with your mum and I am sure every family member is excited to see your granddaughter. I hope the air pressure on the plane does not hurt her ears. They say as long as she is sucking it will help. She is to young to suck on a sucker but a pacifier might help. Have fun.

Morwin, I keep finding things wrong with the story and correcting them. But I like it and as summer is coming and I will have the summer off I should have time if my muse cooperates.

I went to the movies with my daughter tonight and I saw Ironman and really liked it. It was action all through and a little violent at times but I use to read the Ironman comic book by Marvel all the time when I was a kid. So it was nice just to be with my daughter. She is living with her fiance and I don't see her often. She is getting married January 3rd. She does not have her ring yet and I hope everything is fine this time if you remember her last engagement ended tragically. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Have a good night all.:heart:
Dimple_Bumbleroot
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2008 02:55
HT:After 21years we accumulated a lot of stuff, sometimes just in case we might need it or sometimes it's just too good memories to throw it away, so I can see that you'll be very busy sorting out your things! New furniture and new house are very exciting , good luck in your movingViggo or Sean Connery are a nice way to start your day, I will take either one them, or maybe both

AWELYN:Yesterday, we had a wonderful day so I spent it outside of course and I had a lot done in the garden.We start a little fire to burn all the dry leaves and it was warm and pleasantSo, we have a new writer in our little familyhope you will want to share it with us Have fun!I watched the Chronicles of Narnia too, I like it but of course I prefer Tolkien too.The movie Prince Caspian is coming around the middle of the month here.And I'm in for the party! :disco:

NEENIME:I read ''London'' by Rutherfurd and liked it very much. I like the details he puts in his book.I will probably buy some more.I saw the one that you mentioned in the librairie the other day and I was tempted to buy it but didn't ,it will be for another time! I have nice weather NOW so here, I will share it with you

SWABBY: I"m glad you're OK

CALLE: It looked complicated to find a passport for the baby!
Have a good trip and a nice time with your family

ARIENELLE:I am so so sorry you could not find help when you needed it, especially when you asked your father You are not a nuisance and your parents could take example on you, being a wonderful mother and person yourself:heart:Too bad I'm not living in the same country, I would have giving you that help :hug: :hug:

I made myself available to work 2 half days a week in an Inn.It's only 15min. from where I live and it will give me the possibilities to earn some pocket money.There are a lot of books that I want to buy and once and a while I like to give little gifts for no reason at all to my family:heart: I worked there before so I know the routine.I don't want to work more than that because I want to be able to do all the things I want to do around the house and in the garden, so it's perfect that way

I'm thinking about you all
Have a great day
Dimple:heart:
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: May 07, 2008 12:10
OK eveybody! If you need cheering up with some good wholesome fun, get a look at this!
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2008 02:07
I'm sorry for the hurt that you feel, arienelle. I feel as you do, that your father never learned how to deal with all the "stuff" involved with families. He's missing out on a wonderful opportunity to be with his grandson. If we FoF folk were at hand, we'd be there for you and your sons. :hug:

What a joy to be taking Emi to see your mum and sister, calle. I hope that the flight is a good one. How long will you be in Florida?
Speaking of Florida, I read that the town of Pensacola was thinking of petitioning the state of Alabama to become a part of it instead of Florida. The owner of a famous bar on the state line bemoaned the fact of having to change the name to the Bama-Bama (from the Flora-Bama).

We'll miss you, neenime!

It's good to spend time with our grown children, awelyn. I'm so glad that you and your daughter had a good time together.
I heard that Ironman is "hot". What's your opinion? I must admit that I get the Beowulf dvd out sometimes just for the lovely "view.":evil:

I like your idea of working 2 half-days, Dimple. I haven't been able to persuade the board of education into letting me have that schedule, though.

The accursed flu-like virus has found me! I've been surrounded by coughing, sneezing, runny noses and grouchy kids. It was all a matter of time. Too bad it had to "get" me with only 11 (yes 11!!! :disco: :rolling: :cheers: ) days of school left. I'm skipping jazzercise ( I have NO energy left after school) and maybe even my elder training class tomorrow night if I feel bad enough. I don't want to miss the workshop this Saturday at the renaissance festival. We're supposed to learn the dance that we do at closing each evening. Where is that king with the healing hands. He surely needs to lay them on me now!! :love:

MT
<< First1415161718
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email