Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
Post Favorite Band?
on: August 18, 2008 03:44
There are so many bands to have only one that is your favorite so feel free to list as many as you want. I think that Boston would be one of my favorites because I saw them in concert at a county fair and it was awesome. I was mesmerized by the performance. I also like bands like Van Halen, Metallica, Bon Jovi, Guns n' Roses, Aerosmith, and Rage against the machine.

I don't mean to dis any types of music, but I just don't really like rap.(except for rage against the machine for pretty obvious reasons! Even though it isn't really considered rap.) I think a good song should have a solid guitar solo in it! Rock on...

Rainyaviel_of_Rivendell
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Favorite Band?
on: August 18, 2008 09:25
I love lots of bands! I listen to all kinds of music but I guess my favourite type is Alternative.some of my fave bands are Coldplay,Simple Plan,Good Charlotte,Maroon 5 and Green Day,there are plenty more I like.
HaldirofLorien13
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2008 02:04
I really like Metal bands like Nightwish, Battlelore, Disturbed, Godsmack, Three Days Grace,a few others.........
FiRWEN
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2008 09:16
I prefer country rock bands....less of the metal and more of the beat I guess...
I especially like violin...in that type of style.
You all probably haven't heard of this band, REILLY. They aren't too well known...but they are my favorite.
www.reillytheband.com
I also like Carrie Underwood and sometimes reliant k...sometimes...
Imahobbitgirl2
Realm Leader of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
on: August 20, 2008 06:17
I've always been a major Beatles fan -- their music was the pinnacle of rock music and always will be.

But I've been really getting into Oasis lately. I've liked that band since high school -- the best form of true rock music since the Beatles. I can't stop listening to them!!

And what about Beecake -- Billy Boyd's band!!! :love: :love: You should check out their stuff on Youtube. They REALLY rock!!! I hope they come out with a CD soon!

My preferences lean towards classic "old school" rock of the '60s -- '80s -- but nothing too hard or too loud. I don't like metal OR rap. I've also been into alternative rock lately -- but once again, not too loud.
Eruwaedhiel_Raina
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2008 04:51
I love bands like Jars of Clay, Lifehouse, Switchfoot, Daughtry, The Fray, David Crowder Band, Aaron Shust. According to my "resident music expert" younger borther I like soft rock, whatevet that means
frodofan14
CoE Volunteer & Realm Head of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
on: August 22, 2008 04:11
I like Oasis, Daughtry, Coldplay, The Beatles....
Ven
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2008 09:05
Among my favorites are Shinedown, Breaking Benjamin, and Trivium.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2008 09:14
Ooh, I like Tokio Hotel, My Chemical Romance, Rise Against, Avenged Sevenfold, Coldplay, Tokyo Rose, Kamelot, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, Atreyu, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Taking Back Sunday, Bullet for my Valentine, Tickle Me Pink, Anberlin, 10 Years, Rev Theory, Cobra Starship, All Time Low, Hawthorne Heights, basically a huge, huge mix of anything metal, screamo, 'emo', or classic rock even. I love it all. If I chose my fav band, it'd probably have to be Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. XD :blush: methinks i put too many bands...

[Edited on 13/10/2008 by Elfalas]
LilySprings
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 12, 2008 06:20
I've always really liked Rock so my favorite rock band would probably be Def Leppard (I always liked the 80s rock and roll) .
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: October 14, 2008 04:28
o goodness...to many to name!

David Crowder band, tobyMac, Switchfoot, Sanctus Real, Casting Crowns, Newsboys.......and many more! :love: Jars of Clay is good too.
Donry
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2009 04:36
The Tragically Hip -
A Canadian band from Kingston, Ontario. Have been around since 1988. Produced at times by Daniel Lanois. A great sounding band that has remained loyal to their roots and their countries history. Check them out, much of their music is available on their website. They are also on MySpace and Facebook.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2009 07:27
I've been listening to a lot of stuff from the 90's, reliving my golden years...=P lol (I'm seventeen and already I long for the past) But stuff like the Barenaked Ladies, Sound Garden, THird Eye Blind, Cypress Hill, House of Pain, and others. xD I'm still into those other bands, I'm just broadening my musical horizons. lol
stelmaria
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2009 04:34
That's easy.. Nightwish!! Symphonic Metal works best for me. Plus, all those Tolkien references in their music, an extra bonus! Anymore NW peeps out there?
olion
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 30, 2009 06:21
My all time favourite band is Pink Floyd, but my taste is also wide range. I like the Beatles, Stones, The Who etc.. Then onto Tangerine Dream, Atomic Rooster, Hawkwind, Groundhogs to name a few. Of lately i like Chemical Bbrothers, techno, house, rave and some hip hop. But i can always listen to Floyd, no matter how i'm feeling or what mood i'm in. After listen to them i feel fine.
MeliaStormcrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 31, 2009 09:16
Current favourites...

Smashing Pumpkins
Bella Morte
Amon Amarth
Nile
Megadeth
Darkthrone
Tool

[Edited on 6/1/2009 by MeliaStormcrow]
"The King beneath the mountains, The King of carven stone, The lord of silver fountains Shall come into his own! His crown shall be upholden, His harp shall be restrung, His halls shall echo golden To songs of yore re-sung. The woods shall wave on mountains And grass beneath the sun; His wealth shall flow in fountains And the rivers golden run. The streams shall run in gladness, The lakes shall shine and burn, All sorrow fail and sadness At the Mountain-king's return!"
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2009 12:30
My favorite band right now is Led Zeppelin.

The Doors come close in second place...
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2009 06:33
*points to avie* Blind Guardian is my top favorite band, followed by Elvenking and Demons and Wizards.
heri_sinyë
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2009 10:01
The Beatles!! (have loved them since I was 6....) But also Guns n' Roses, Nirvana and, lately, Sex Pistols.
HaldirofLorien13
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2009 10:24
I found out that I am a "black metal" fan.
I've recently gotten into Cradle of Filth.
I have no clue why.
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: June 06, 2009 10:29
My favourite's good old ABBA Any other ABBA fans out here?
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
Lyla_Wonderwall
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2009 12:34
I am in love with Oasis, but I also like Blur, the Stone Roses, Snow Patrol, Lifehouse, and Josh Groban
frodofan14
Send Message
on: June 15, 2009 12:48
I <3 Oasis too, Lyla
What's your favorite song of theirs? Mine's either The Masterplan or Magic Pie.
Lyla_Wonderwall
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2009 12:51
YES! Another Oasis fan!
Either Cast no Shadow or Hey Now.
frodofan14
Send Message
on: June 16, 2009 09:37
Oh yeah, forgot Cast No Shadow, that one remindes me of my favorite TV show
Miluiel93
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2009 04:49
Muse, Coldplay, Tool, Blue Foundation, Amon Amarth, the Cure, James Morrison, Jack Savoretti, Audioslave, Foo Fighters, the Killers, Kings of Leon, Keane... Stuff like that

I like quite a variety of bands, all depending on my mood
MeliaStormcrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2009 08:19
New favourites...

Tyr
Eluveitie
Ensiferum
Heidevolk
Turisas
Enslaved
Falkenbach
Finntroll
Korpiklaani
Manegarm

:love:

[Edited on 7/30/2009 by MeliaStormcrow]
"The King beneath the mountains, The King of carven stone, The lord of silver fountains Shall come into his own! His crown shall be upholden, His harp shall be restrung, His halls shall echo golden To songs of yore re-sung. The woods shall wave on mountains And grass beneath the sun; His wealth shall flow in fountains And the rivers golden run. The streams shall run in gladness, The lakes shall shine and burn, All sorrow fail and sadness At the Mountain-king's return!"
Pippin_Luv
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2009 04:02
I love Tobymac, Newsboys, Mercyme, and Casting Crowns.

And I do actually enjoy the Jonas Brothes' music.
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2009 06:33
New band update,
Girugamesh
Acid Android
Wir sind Helden
Asian kung-fu Generation
High and Mighty Color

AslansElf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2009 04:27
Bullet for my Valentine
Michael Jackson
Weird Al
TobyMac
Ozzy Osbourne
Ilfa
Surrealism of Arda
Send Message
on: August 16, 2009 07:12
I listen to a variety, but basing it on my original preference, it's 90's rock for me: Pearl Jam and RATM.
legolasprincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2009 06:35
Ahhh, so many! LOL!
I listen to a ton of different types of music... Rock, Metal, Alternative Rock... even some Classical. Mostly, I listen to Christian bands that fit into those genres though.

A FEW of my favorite bands are: Skillet, Relient K, RED, Demon Hunter, Kutless, tobyMac, Switchfoot, FM Static, Hawk Nelson, The Fray, Nickleback, Daughtry, Superchic(k), David Crowder Band, Newsboys, etc., etc., etc...

(Yeah, that's a few...) Wow, that's a long list... haha. Suffice to say, I really like music.

[Edited on 24/8/2009 by legolasprincess]
ScottishBookworm
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2009 01:38
same here, legolasprincess...
mine include XTC :heart:The Cranberries:heart: Sarah Harmer, Interpol, De La Soul, The Chemical Brothers, The Twilight Sad, Howard Shore, and The Tannahill Weavers.
ScottishBookworm
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 12, 2009 09:58
Oh No...how could I forget They Might Be Giants???
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 18, 2009 07:34
I like mostly alternative and classic rock My favorite bands include: coldplay, Good Charlotte, Matchbox 20, Daughtry, 3 Doors Down, Aerosmith, Pink Floyd, Muse, Blind Guardian, The Rolling Stones, Greenday, Panic! At the Disco, Queen, Switchfoot, and that's all I can think of at the moment
I wish I lived in Middle Earth, I wish I was a Timelord, I wish I attended Hogwarts, but I must always remember, I am a Ranger's Apprentice.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email