Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Eladan
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: GUYS!!??
on: November 26, 2008 04:26
Was it David you were aiming at? i think it was him because he would not stop buging me about how wrong my watch was. grr... I wish you had hit him! Oh well.
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 27, 2008 03:47
I think it was one of the Guy boys...(lol) Chris or Nick. I don't recall any Davids...Hm. Oh, well. It was still kind of funny...even though I didn't mean to hit you.
AslansElf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2009 07:38
and I said Im a man who wants peeps count
Ilandir
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2009 09:24
I'm a guy too ... anyone counting? ...
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2009 05:00
*ducks in* For a topic about guys, there are a surprising amount of girls here.

I'm not one of them.
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2009 06:53
Just to clear up some missunderstandings, I'm not a guy, despite what a lot of people have assumed.

I actually find it funny how I'm almost always mistaken for a guy. Especially in the virtual pillow fight thread where I thought I had established myself as a feanorian fangirl?
Unless people think...well, nevermind. :blush:

[Edited on 7/9/2009 by starofdunedain]
Loslote
Mother Goose of Vána & CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 07, 2009 10:04
There's a poll about this in the Facts About Us subforum in the Prancing Pony. Last time I checked, there were 50 guys and 330+ girls.

You can probably tell from my avie, but I'm a girl.

[Edited on 8/9/2009 by Loslote]
arwen1300
Gosling of Vána
Send Message
on: September 07, 2009 12:13
I don't think anyone could have thought I was a guy based on my user-name, but if anyone thought otherwise, I am a girl.
Image If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: September 07, 2009 02:03
for some reason ive had lots of people think i was a guy... :twitch: you would think the obsession over Aragorn would give it away... but... apparently not. Apparently, talking like Gollum in chat rooms and having an insane amount of knowledge over boyish things tends to make you appear like a guy.
Loslote
Send Message
on: September 07, 2009 03:03
Here's an idea! This would totally eliminate all confusion! We could just call each other 'it' instead of he or she! :disco: Or...maybe not...
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2009 04:27
Arvanion likes this. It wonders why it hadn't thought of this before, and it begins talking in third person.
Ereinion
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 21, 2009 04:10
The Ereinions think that while third person is amusing, third person plural is even more ridiculous.
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2009 01:06
The Arvanion clan politely concurs, and goes about writing its autobiographies.
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2009 01:40
Passepartout is a dude. He hopes that no one thought otherwise!

Passepartout likes talking in third person as well!

[Edited on 22/9/2009 by Passepartout]
Loslote
Send Message
on: September 24, 2009 01:48
Wow, the Lotties must be geniuses. Except they took forever to spell geniuses, and are still not sure they got it right. Oh, well, we shall vote: All Lotties who think they're right, say yea! And against! Motion passes with unanimous votes. Did we spell unanimous right? ...
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: September 24, 2009 04:04
Yall, if you really want to talk in third person, just pull a Gollum. And aint this getting off topic?
lizandroll_the_troll
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2009 08:44
Off topic? What does it mean?

I always assume everyone is a guy. I don't know why, I'm not one - though I sort of wanted to be when I saw how few guys there were here. Poor little bunnies!

It saying that its wants to be called "it" is even more confusing. IT is sad - meaning Lizandroll. Lizandrolls are apologizing in writing to StaroD and Arvanion! It's called its "he"s before!
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2009 03:04
The Arvanion clan are known as he's when they're at home, but its leader apologizes for any confusion it may have caused. :naughty:
EthelwulfHanrahan
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2009 06:33
suilad to all i have been asked by someone before if i was a guy or girl, i am a guy.
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 04, 2009 05:19
From what I've seen,of all the forums I've been one,there are more girls than guys.

Maybe it's because girls like to talk more?

And I wish everyone would have an avatar the same gender as they are...*Looks at favorite Faramir avi*...ok,maybe not...

And if the Lucy doesn't give it away,I am most certainly a lass

And I'm really bad about guessing genders...there was one girl on a forum that I thought was a guy for almost a year before I found out she was a girl.... :blush:

At least I can get it if you put "Lady" or "Sir" in your name....

[Edited on 4/11/2009 by Lucy_Took]
EthelwulfHanrahan
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 04, 2009 12:12
a lot of people have confused me for a girl because of the ethel part of my name. my name is from the anglo-saxons, they had a king named ethelwulf. as for studying elvish i prefer studying both sindarin and quenya doesn't really matter to me elvish is elvish and if you can learn to speak both languages then you will be an expert at speaking elvish.
Loslote
Send Message
on: November 04, 2009 03:56
I have officially been confused for a guy. Someone kept calling me 'he' until I corrected her...
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 04, 2009 05:33
@ Lucy_Took: Well, I guess you've never been to Revora, RPGF, or Gearworks then... there are far more men than women.

@ Ethelwulf: What, they don't look at the "wulf" part? Beowulf, Ethelwulf... almost... the... same...
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 04, 2009 05:54
I've never been on a strict RPG site,I can see how that would be different. I meant more like in the chit-chat type places...
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: November 04, 2009 06:08
I've been confused for a guy many a time.

They say it's because of the Aragorn/Viggo graphics and because I talk like Gollum sometimes. *gollum*

And the fact I like alot of stuff that a guy would like too.. i guess..
glamdring22
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 05, 2009 04:10
my avatar gives me away (I don't think a guy would pick Eowyn) . And sorry Eruceninde, at first I thought that you were a guy, but then after talking to you on the forums I deduced otherwise...and now I know for sure that you're not a guy!

EthelwulfHanrahan
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 05, 2009 07:30
good point arvanion898. one of my sword fighting friends understands my name as he got the beowulf idea and recognized it as well.
Marwyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2010 04:40
This has been an incredibly entertaining thread.
I enjoyed reading it immensely.
Thank you for contributing to my day.
Although since it's Saturday it didn't really need help.
arwen1300
Gosling of Vána
Send Message
on: April 04, 2010 08:48
heehee it's funny how the poor duckies are so outnumbered!
Image If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 05, 2010 01:58
I'm a guy. I grew up around women so the girl to guy ratio doesn't faze me. Even my wife can attest that I am a guy.

However with my deafness, when I answer the phone or speak without someone seeing me, I am automatically a girl because my voice is a bit more high pitch. No wonder my sister (biological mother) jokes that I was assumed to have been a girl when she was pregnant with me. LOL!

[Edited on 5/6/2010 by Atánion]
El-Tazrín
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 05, 2010 10:16
Umm I'm normally a guy ... I think LOL no I am really don't freak out
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2010 10:52
LOL! You're crazy!
Caden
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2011 04:41
OMG, El-Tazrín! I started when I read your post, lol. I'm glad to see this isn't an all-woman site. But in case no one really noticed, most of the threads are about how 'hot' the male actors and characters are and, quite frankly, am glad to know you guys aren't lowering yourselves to go with the flow.
I am, one hundred percent, woman. Well, 100% girl.
I always assume everyone is a girl unless I see their pix or they say otherwise. LOTR movies are definately female-oriented, lol.
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2011 10:29
wow, i'm feeling in short supply right now. Makes me kinda of special right?? Or is that endangered species lol??
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
IarwainBen_adar
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2011 05:11
haha, i'm a guy as well i assume everyone is male till the opposite is proven, dunno why
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email