Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Post RE: What's Your Heritage!?
on: June 05, 2010 02:31
Mother's side: my grandmother was full Norwegian and my grandfather was Romanian.
Father's side was German.
NeurielAdonneniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2010 09:01
Mom's side:
Chinese

Dad's side:
German
British (and possibly some French and Scandinavian in that)
Dutch

=D
Dafrita
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2010 07:10
Mainly Irish =D Irish family name, reddish/orange/blond ish hair (although black hair and pale skin is more of the "ancient Irish/gaelic look") and Irish looks (I suppose xD).
That's my dad's side--my grandmother there is scottish though (ancestors in Orkney). My mom's side is British (related to King Henry the 8th--great, I get the nuttiest king in history for a grandfather x_x) with a little Swiss.

That is neat now I dont feel so funny knowing that I am related to William the Conquer. Of course its more like cousin relationship of the sort.
gramarye
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2010 06:57
On my dad's side, Welsh is all I know. My dad doesn't really know anything about his ancestry, I don't suppose he cares very much.
On my mom's -- Irish (a great deal), Scottish, and (very little) Cherokee.
Niall of the Nine Hostages is supposed to be my (very very great) grandfather. And a great many other peoples' too- he sure got around a lot.
aelwen_gilenor
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2010 07:48
Mom's:
Filipino
Spanish
Chinese

Dad's:
Scottish
Irish
English

No one really important is connected to me except maybe a noble Englishmen but I have no idea except my grandfather had a large estate in England. u_u
avielle
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 07, 2010 03:55
I'm 100% Vietnamese because both my parents are from there.

Um and the important family member? Well I heard that wayyyy back my family used to be lords under the king.
ElwingAndEarendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2010 11:20
Just a comment on the Irish Black hair, thats what i have

Im more than 50% German.

Dad's:
German
Polish
English
Swedish
Finnish
French
Italian

Mom's:
German
Irish
English
French
Scottish
Italian
Swiss

Important familly members... hm... Well, my great, great, great, great, GREAT grandpa Day fought in the Civil War. I feel like i am forgetting someone... oh well

[Edited on 11/2/10 by ElwingAndEarendil]
"The Deeds that we shall do shall be the matter of song..." - Haunting the Realm of Vaire as the Corrupted Major - Find me as Silmarilz1701 everywhere else
Vanwa_Meleth
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 11, 2010 09:27
My mom's English, my dad's father's parents come from Northern England and Scotland, and his mom's family is from Sweden.
RenFaire
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 13, 2010 01:14
This is crazy-weird, but...

Mam's side:
French
Scottish
Irish

Da's side:
Irish
English
Italian

And I think I'm a bit Canadian. Like I said, crazy-weird!

[Edited on 23/11/2010 by RenFaire]
AraswenMerileth
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2010 06:52
Hmm...I have no idea of percentages, but on my father's side I'm mainly Polish/Lithuanian/Ukrainian, and on my mother's side I'm mainly Polish/Russian/Austria-Hungarian. My ancestors arrived in the US about a hundred years ago.
SongofNimrodel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2010 11:54
Dad's side
German
Irish
either English or Scottish... i would say their the same thing but actuall English or Scottish ppl would prolly kill me...
that's all from my dad's mom... no clue what his dad is... tho i've heard my last name might be french... *shrug*

Mom's side
Dutch

definatly more influence from the Ditch side... all my mom's relatives live around here, and none of my dad's, and there are lots of 'em, and 90% of the ppl i know are Dutch. (Well, maybe not quite. but there are lots of them 'round here.) but i don't look Dutch at all... hmmm.

as for famous/inportant ancestors... i'm related to Thomas a Beckett. (on the Dutch side, stragely enough.) and there's this town in Germany called Schwerin... yeah, it's named after my ancestors on the German side. i believe they had a castle and all that. the Dutch ancestors once had a castle as well, and we have a sweet coat of arms... yeah...
now i feel braggy.
Caden
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2011 01:23
I am Italian on my mother's side, Cherokee on my father's, as well as Irish and Scottish. My mother's grandfather came to America from Italy and my father's grandmother was Cherokee. I know from my grandfather I am Irish and Scottish both, but how much and where in the linage it is, I don't know.
Ellirwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2011 12:08
Dad's side: German
Mom's side: Slovak with a little Polish thrown in
And guessing from closely related family members and basic knowledge of genetics, I could have had red or auburn (what's the real difference between the two anyway?) hair and blue, green, or grey eyes. But I got brown and brown. (Though I console myself with the fact that my eyes are greenish-brown.)
And I love Ireland. For no obvious reason. But I figured I'd throw that in.
"Though she be but little, she is fierce." -A Midsummer Night's Dream
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2011 10:23
French Canadian by ancestry.
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
lynamarie
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2011 05:31
It is so interesting to read everyone's ethnic background. Most of us are quiet a mixture!
I am actually 50% Swedish, both grandparents and great grandparents coming from the "old world" to America.
My mother is English and Dutch and her grandmother was Crow (Native American) from Montana.

Thank you, Shiranui, for getting this thread going
Nerdanel the wise
EowynFan19
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2011 12:25
Dad's side: Unsure, but I think English.
Mom's side: Scottish and Choctaw
Arwen_Evenstar3597
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2011 06:07
Welsh, Scottish, English, Irish, French, German
~Hae ephadron/Theri thaur/Am na dhû/Las fîr I ambar/A trehil i ‘alad 'lân uir tri 'wilith...~
Silruin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2011 08:09
Bit of a mongrel.

Father's Side:
Danish
Dutch
French
Scottish

Mother's Side:
Danish
Polish
Italian
Jewish (I take that as a nationality)
Mongol (OK, the Mongol's back from Genghis Khan ... so maybe a bit lame ...)
Spanish

Live in Denmark (the completely worst part of it ...), eat everything and I'll just stop before I begin with my names ...
willa
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2011 07:47
well I'm a great deal of Francaise (blame the Hugenots), with a lot of Dutch and german from my mothers side, and a little german from my fathers side. . . yeah we south africans (Afrikaners or Boere/Boers or white South Africans) are a mixed up schizofrenic (geneticly proven, so I'm a bit scared) bunch. Scary things come out when one of your mothers hobbies are geneaology. I am a distant grandchild from one of Karl Marx's relatives and I carry some genetic trait for a wierd rare cardiovascular disease. My great grandfather wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back had a brother that threw his ( my great grandfather) friend in jail for no good reason... I could go on like this all night.
Juni
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2011 06:23
I feel kind of boring now since I'm only swedish.. We do have relatives is Norway but I'm not norwegian.
I have some Walloons in my family but that's really far back, like in the 17th century.
Sibynelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2011 08:23
I'm only Finnish. We have relatives in Sweden and Spain, but they are Finnish too. I'm not sure, but I might have some second cousins that are half Finnish and half Spanish
Image Image Image
Rana_Baggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 21, 2011 09:56
Dad's side: Lebanese and a teeny tiny but Egyptian, and centuries ago we had an ancestor who was the prince of Normandy so...

Mom's Side: American, Scottish, Irish, German, Indian (various kinds) and I think that's it.
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 22, 2011 02:17
Dad's side: French, German, Belgian, Dutch. Mom: German
Rana_Baggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 22, 2011 02:51
*points up* That's cool! Great chocolate in your family, I guess?
IndilwenLanathiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2011 08:05
Don't know much about my dad's side but on my mom's side we are almost 100% Scots-Irish! *happy dance* I love looking at people's last names and discerning what nationality they are ^^
Rana_Baggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2011 08:57
Don't know much about my dad's side but on my mom's side we are almost 100% Scots-Irish! *happy dance* I love looking at people's last names and discerning what nationality they are ^^

Let's hear it for us Scottish-Irish folk!

And yeah, I'm not good at discerning that by their last name, but it's fun to try!!!
SongofNimrodel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2011 04:02
I can't even discern whet nationality my own last name is. we don't really know what my dad's dad's heritage is, and of course that's where the last name comes from. I've heard it may be French...
Rana_Baggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2011 01:50
Ha ha! You can then imagine yourself as being descended from the Numenoreans or something! XP
IndilwenLanathiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2011 05:15
Rana, you're Scots-Irish too????????
Rana_Baggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2011 11:05
Oh yeah, Indi!
vanyar
Nessa’s Head Llama
Send Message
on: December 09, 2011 10:17
Hmmm...I have Scots-Irish, British, German, and Native American (cherokee), and possibly a lil Polish too.....yup, I'm a mutt... lol
Sponge Fighting Instructor, and Keeper of the Llamas for the Realm of Nessa! "Dance hard, laugh loud, and never misplace your sponge"
Rana_Baggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2012 08:32
That's cool, Vanyar!!!
vanyar
Nessa’s Head Llama
Send Message
on: January 12, 2012 11:13
I have very scots-irish hair. very thick and frizzy...I hate it most of the time!!! lol invested in a good straightener!
Sponge Fighting Instructor, and Keeper of the Llamas for the Realm of Nessa! "Dance hard, laugh loud, and never misplace your sponge"
Eomer_4_Lothiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2012 11:45
Mum;
Filipino
German
Spanish

Dad;
German
Ukraine