Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
~Stella~
Elemmírë of Varda and Merry\'s Illustrated Supper
Send Message
Post The Journey of the Young
on: December 29, 2008 03:57
It is the year 121 of the Fourth Age. Arwen has passed away as has Aragorn the year before. Eldarion, their son, has been the king of Gondor for one year and now it is time for him to find a wife, and his queen, or he may choose to become a ranger like his father had been. His adviser, who is a decedent of Grima Wormtongue wants him to go out into Middle earth and find him a wife, but for alterer motives.

Come and join in. This is an adventure story with a little romance. Elves and man are needed.

Characters mentioned in the book that are needed are Eldarion and Elboron Eowyn and Faramir's son.

I will need Eldarion's advisor and other made ups.

I will be playing Virtu Desole`, Eldarion's future wife.

Please, join in. All are welcome.

[Edited on 30/12/2008 by ~Stella~]
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
Post RE: The Journey of the Young
on: December 30, 2008 09:38
ok, questions.

First, Virtu Desole is already the pre-determined wife, correct?

2. the advisor, Grima's descendant. What is his alterer motives? or has that been determined yet?

3. so there really is no plot except that Eldarion is to find a wife or become a Ranger?

I like playing elves, but am unsure where an elf should go....also, I will play Eldarion, if thats ok.

thanks, and looking forward to it!
~Stella~
Send Message
on: December 30, 2008 10:07
Welcome to the rpg!

1. I was hoping that she would be found on the journey

2. I was thinking that his advisor would take the throne when Eldarion left.

3. That is part of the plot. I was thinking that because the advisor takes control then Eldraion along with some comrades would have to take control back.

What do you think!

You may play an elf as well as Eldarion.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: December 30, 2008 10:38
My mind is now working.....:evil: ok lol

I have a good suggestion. I can put in a another female elf, who is with Virtu. She and Virtu have become friends because of the circumstances. Virtu and the she-elf, who I have named Aluviel, were captured and taken captive along time ago, but seperatly. Aluviel is young for an elf (yet still old in human standards. Also I would put her a little older than Virtu), and carries the shame of having born their captor's child. Aluviel also has an scar on her face from the abuse she has received. Virtu has so far escaped unscathed, but only because Aluviel has somehow stayed the captor's attentions on her, but knows this cannot last forever.
at any rate, we'll need to flesh out why they got captured.

The advisor (for whom we really need a name for ) is part of this huge plot. Yes, because Eldarion has left, he takes over through the ploy that Eldarion died, but had appointed him to be the next King. This big plot is being put into action by a bigger enemy we have yet to meet or name (probably as the plot progresses will get to him). Virtu and the other may or may not have something to do with the really bad guy's plan.

What'da think?

ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2008 12:46
Ah! This looks like a lot of fun! I would love to play as the advisor, and I shall think up a name for him as soon as possible and I'll also bring in another man who will be Rohirric. Let me know what you think of this. :3
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
~Stella~
Send Message
on: December 30, 2008 01:38
I like the idea. Perhaps Virtu was captured because she is 'special' in some way? What do you think? But, we do need to flesh out that part.

I like that. It will be interesting when Eldarion comes to people and they will be like 'woah we thought you had died' - or something like that. Maybe Eldarion could be hurt and Virtu and Aluviel find him?

It sounds good so far, Erucen.

Hi, Elf! Glad you wanted to join in. Wonderful! That spunds good. Yay! the advisor will have a name.

I probably will bring in one other character as well.

WestoftheMoon58
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2008 07:56
I would love to join, if that's ok. I could play Elboron (how old would he be?) and I've started coming up with a hobbit character that I'd like to play, too.
Question: Where does this take place, exactly? Are they heading somewhere, or are they randomly walking around Middle-earth? Maybe having a destination could add a little to the plot. Just a thought.
Great ideas, everyone!
~Stella~
Send Message
on: December 31, 2008 04:18
Welcome to the group! Good questions. This was what I was thinking, but if you all don't like it or have some better ideas throw it in!

He may be as old as you wish - I think he'd be over 20 though.

I think at the beginning there will be 2 or 3 different settings. One being Misty Mountain where Virtu & Aluviel are and Gondor and Minas Tirith maybe or your character can be roaming around if you want or heading to speak to Eldarion - whatever floats your boat.

Erucen, should there be a destination for Eldarion?
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: December 31, 2008 07:59
here guys, my character: http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=RPG&file=index&action=viewcharacter&rpgid=6182

just read her and Virtu's profile's and you should understand all backstory.

also, good pic choice, Stella. I can't wait for that movie to come out! :love:

[Edited on 12/31/2008 by Erucenindë]

[Edited on 12/31/2008 by Erucenindë]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 31, 2008 12:53
I completed my Rohirric character. His name is Darenis and he's in the database for the characters now. :3
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
~Stella~
Send Message
on: January 01, 2009 01:33
The opening post is up!
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: January 01, 2009 03:28
alright, my first post.

i put that Aruviel's/Virtu's captor was a human, and, i put something that Eldarion is having problems being himself, like, a conflict that he feels like he has to live up to Aragorn's legacy. thought that would be good.
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: January 01, 2009 07:02
Faramir lived and reigned as Steward of Gondor and Prince of Ithilien until 82 of the fourth age. His son, Elboron, though never clearly affirmed though canonically mentioned as Faramir's heir, would have been born during that time, earlier rather than later. It was Faramir's grandson, Barahir, who served as the last Steward (as recorded by JRRT) and the only one who would have been alive in 121 IVth age.

If I'm reading correctly, this thread plans to have Elboron age 20. It isn't possible. You'd all be better off playing Barahir as the grandson of Faramir.

And as there are several threads with fourth age plotlines, and even though little is known or written of that period of time, please remember to attempt to keep it as much in the world of Tolkien as possible (e.g. I rather doubt that Eldarion would call Aragorn Elessar, King of Gondor, "Dad"). For example, what is this 'citadel' in the Misty Mountains? And though there is no record of Grima being married, I suppose it's possible he had a relative that might have borne children to whom your people could be related to. Just be careful not to wander too far from the histories, locations, language patterns, etc. of Middle-Earth and thus become something better suited to Loki's Palace.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: January 02, 2009 08:55
Sorry, Bereth, I fixed that. Normally I wouldn't put that but I was in a hurry and....:rolleyes: Thanks for pointing that out.

Well, I never said anything, but i mean, the evil advisor doesn't necessarily have to be a decendant of Grima. I guess if yall want it that way that's fine......
~Stella~
Send Message
on: January 02, 2009 11:38
Thanks for the clarification, Bereth! I was doing research for this rpg and was actually wondering if it was the son or grandson of Faramir who was alive in 120 IV Age. What I found was never clear. But, I will keep looking up info so that my posts are a bit more accurate. If needed I can make the citadel a cave.

West, will you play the grandson instead of the son of Faramir?

WestoftheMoon58
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2009 06:46
Yep, that's fine.

Edit: My hobbit character is now in the database: http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=RPG&file=index&action=viewcharacter&pn_uid=71759 . I will try to post in the RP as soon as I can.

[Edited on 3/1/2009 by WestoftheMoon58]
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: January 14, 2009 11:48
Elfmaiden: I guess i will play the Steward. I'm not planning on making him a major character. But if the situation ever arises and it would be best for you to play him for a post or so, then feel free. The steward will be kinda of a free-for-all, as long as we keep to his character.

Does anyone know who the Steward would be at the time of Eldarion? If there isn't a specific name, then i'll just make one up but i wanted to be sure first.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: January 14, 2009 01:13
As far as I can tell, that info is not listed - so any name will do.

Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: January 14, 2009 04:59
I just found this:

According to The Heirs of Elendil within The Peoples of Middle-earth, Volume 12 HoMe series, Elboron was born in the Fourth Age, and was possibly the only child of Faramir and Éowyn.

If this is indeed true, we can assume that he inherited the titles of Steward of Gondor and Prince of Ithilien. It is likely that Elboron was also the father of Barahir of Gondor, who recorded the "Tale of Aragorn and Arwen set forth in the appendices of LotR.

So assuming their son was steward at the time of Eldarion, we'll just say it is Elboron.
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: January 14, 2009 05:21
Eruceninde,

I will repost what I posted earlier:

Faramir lived and reigned as Steward of Gondor and Prince of Ithilien until 82 of the fourth age. His son, Elboron, though never clearly affirmed though canonically mentioned as Faramir's heir, would have been born during that time, earlier rather than later. It was Faramir's grandson, Barahir, who served as the last Steward (as recorded by JRRT) and the only one who would have been alive in 121 IVth age.

If I'm reading correctly, this thread plans to have Elboron age 20. It isn't possible. You'd all be better off playing Barahir as the grandson of Faramir.

The sheer time line involved would not allow Elboron to be still alive, never mind age 20. My info came from the Appendices, HOME 12 and Encyclopedia of Arda, and all three use the same time lines.

I think Stella agreed with this calculation and as she is the author/owner of this thread, I suggest you change the info re: this character. It is a small change but in the interests of accuracy that makes sense..........................*smiles*
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: January 14, 2009 05:32
oh....I forgot about that...:blush: Thanks for reminding me! :blush: *feels stupid*

Ok then it's Barahir, right?
WestoftheMoon58
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2009 11:25
I guess that would make sense. Then I would be playing him, right? I think if anyone else wants to play him for a post or something that would be ok.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: January 15, 2009 12:04
Oh ya, that would be right, West. I got confused. sorry about that West. :blush: Yes, you would be playing Barahir.

AGH! I just looked at the posts. Boy did i get confused! Sorry West. I had forgotten about you playing Barahir, or for some reason didnt think it was the same guy, and posted that about the steward. I guess it works out then, with the whole night before thing? Or is worse comes to worse i can edit my post?

[Edited on 1/15/2009 by Erucenindë]
~Stella~
Send Message
on: January 15, 2009 03:31
Bere, thanks for the reminder! I think my math class is taking a toll on my mind right now.

Aye, West, you would.

It's fine that the scene is the night before.

WestoftheMoon58
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2009 02:58
Ok, sounds good.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: January 17, 2009 03:00
ok....do I need to post? or are we waiting on someone else?? *confused*
~Stella~
Send Message
on: January 17, 2009 03:31
Post after I have, k? I will be posting tonight!
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: January 21, 2009 06:05
Hey, Stella, i havent seen you post yet.

By the way, what about everyone else? where is everyone? This RP has potential, i hope it doesnt die.
WestoftheMoon58
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2009 07:19
My parents haven't been letting me use the computer very much lately but I'll try to post this weekend.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: January 22, 2009 03:50
I posted the other day before you did. I will post after everyone else has. I'm not sure.

That is good West.
WestoftheMoon58
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2009 04:06
Ummm...just wondering, is someone else going to post? Not to rush anyone or anything...if you need I can edit my post and bring it to the next morning.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: February 03, 2009 04:46
well, i cant really post yet, seeing as i have nothing to post.

b/c the steward needs to get there, so Eldarion can leave and catch up time at Rohan...

maybe you could edit the post?

and where did elfie go?
~Stella~
Send Message
on: February 04, 2009 03:08
As soon as I hear from Elf I will either wait to post or post if she says she is waiting for the steward to get there. Which, if you all do not mind in my next post I will have Lena get them there.

I have no clue where she is.

She's MIA in my other group here. I hope everything is OK with her.
WestoftheMoon58
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2009 06:46
Yeah, I hope so too.

I can edit my post to the point that Lena would bring them to Eldarion, if we need.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: February 07, 2009 03:43
I haven't heard from elf, but I will post today or tomorrow.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email