Register

Author Topic:
serena_star
Council Member
Send Message
Post The thunder of wolves
on: May 02, 2009 09:14
Hey guys!

Man its good to be back. Havent been on here for ages so am eager to start this .

All are welcome but I do ask that posts are regular so this RPG doesnt stall. And no wandering elf maidens please! Characters need to be realistic but plausible.

Ok, so my plot is this. Its set during the Two Towers. Gandalf has returned to Edoras and freed the King from Saraumans grasp. My character is called Aoife (who I will add to the database shortly) is handmaiden to Lady Eowyn.

The underlying plot is that of the film so all events and happenings must work in conjunction with this. Our story follows the lives of the characters throughout the battle of middle earth. The personal battles and human issues. Aragon, Gandalf, Eomer etc are all available but it may well be better to leave them for general use. Let me know what you think.

So- any takers???

Halrohir
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The thunder of wolves
on: May 02, 2009 09:47
Hmmm...

Just so we're clear, this is MOVIE-based, not BOOK-based, right?

So the events have to unfold as the movie depicted them.

Gotcha!
serena_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 02, 2009 11:06
Hi Halrohir! Well met.

Thats correct. Interested )?

Halrohir
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2009 01:40
I might be!

I have to scratch my head a little to come up with a suitable role. But I think I have one: totally unconventional, too... :evil:

serena_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2009 04:56
Excellent! Am intuiged - shall watch this space....
Halrohir
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2009 06:22
So, when shall we begin?
serena_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2009 05:55
Can I see a brief outline of your character first? Is that ok? Apologies for being a pest, I just need an idea so I can write the first post soon as!

Thanks alot
Halrohir
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2009 03:20
Okay, the character is the Uruk-Hai named Durbakh, whom you can see here:

DURBAKH

I originally made him up for a TT thread set post-Aragorn, but I can easily change him around to fit this one.

[Edited on 5/10/2009 by Halrohir]
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: May 09, 2009 01:41
Halrohir....

Please follow the guidelines about placing a url in a post HERE.

There are some computers that will register a url posted in its entirety as stretching the screen substantially. Ergo, we prefer you set it up as a shortened reference as shown in the above.

Thanks.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Halrohir
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2009 03:55
Bereth:

Oooops!
Rosie_Cotton43
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2009 02:20
Hi! I was wondering if you would mind if I joined you. I have never RPed on a forum before, though, and I don't know if I'll be any good at it or not. If you'd rather I don't, that's totally ok. I was thinking I could play a young girl living in Edoras, or something (if you would like me to join).
My blog ensanguining the skies. how heavily it dies. into the west away; past touch and sight and sound. not further to be found, how hopeless under ground. falls the remorseful day.
Halrohir
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2009 06:27
It's Serena's thread, but I'd say welcome aboard!
serena_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2009 03:14
Hi Rosie

Thats great - welcome )

Please post a link to your character bio here or else in the database. Its much easier all round if everyone has a vague idea of the characters before we start.

Once you've done this I will post the first installmen in Tolkien Related and away we go!

Can't wait to get started guys!
Rosie_Cotton43
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2009 09:59
Yay, thank you!

Here's my character: Léoma

I don't have a lot of information in there yet, but I'll be working on it.
My blog ensanguining the skies. how heavily it dies. into the west away; past touch and sight and sound. not further to be found, how hopeless under ground. falls the remorseful day.
serena_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2009 12:19
Excellent - ok guys, lets get started!

Watch the Related section - it will be up v.soon!

serena_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2009 12:34
Right its up! You may have noticed my characters name is now Relire.

Please post asap. Lets get going!
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
on: May 13, 2009 02:03
I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to insert a couple of throw-away characters who will only be in one post and then disappear, for reasons that will be obvious from the post.
Rosie_Cotton43
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2009 10:26
I posted...I hope it's ok. Let me know if you want me to change anything.
Halrohir
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2009 12:17
I just posted as well - let's all see what we have so far!
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 14, 2009 04:48
Hello! May I join? I made two chars for this RP-
Alesea and Arden
serena_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2009 04:13
Hey Lucy!

Merry meet - welcome
Rosie_Cotton43
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2009 01:32
Welcome, Lucy!

Those posts were great, everyone!

I have a couple questions...

First, Serena, when are you planning for your character to arrive at Edoras (assuming she is going to)? Would she come before or after the two children from the village? Should I write something about Gandalf and the three hunters coming to Edoras now, or something else?

Second, do any of our characters know each other yet?
serena_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2009 01:59
I agree! Great stuff folks!

Rosie: she would arrive before the children. The characters dont know each other as of yet.

Mentioning something about Gandalf would be great - the main characters are available to be played as and when they are needed.

If you could write something about Aragorn and so forth when he arrives at Edoras, it would certainly set the scene. Go for it!
Rosie_Cotton43
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2009 09:30
Is my post ok, or would you like me to add some more...?

I know I naturally take things more literally then they are meant, so I was wondering...
NellasTaralom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 22, 2009 04:29
May I join? I've read the story so far, and it sounds fun. You can check out my character here

Thanks!
serena_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2009 05:26
Welcome!!

Look forward to seeing your first post - your character bio looks great!
Rosie_Cotton43
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2009 01:02
Hi NellasTaralom! Welcome!
NellasTaralom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 24, 2009 09:01
Well, my first post just basically served to introduce my character. I didn't move the story forward, because I stopped when the Fellowship members arrived at Edoras.

Serena-star, are you going to have your character arrive after the events of the day? (ie Theoden's healing, Grima's banishment, etc). If so, I'm sure Rose_Cotton43 and I could move the story forward next, since both our character's are already in Edoras.

Rosie_Cotton43: I was thinking that our characters might already know each other, because they both grew up in Edoras. What do you think?

[Edited on 6/24/2009 by NellasTaralom]
serena_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 24, 2009 12:29
Fantastic first post - great stuff. Yes Nellas, Relire will arrive after the events so you can guys can roll with Gandalf etc. Will be posting soon - keep it up everyone!
Rosie_Cotton43
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2009 10:37
Okay. I'll start working on a post.

NellasTaralom: Yes, our characters could know each other. Also, your first post was great!
NellasTaralom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 29, 2009 07:31
Hey everyone!

I liked you post as well, Rosie_Cotton43!! My new one's a bit lengthy, sorry about that. Anyways, I've got us past the funeral...hope that's ok!

~Nellas
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 29, 2009 08:51
star-I need you to reply.....

Where should I bring Arden to?
serena_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 12, 2009 12:25
Hey Lucy

Arden can meet up with Relire and his sister on thie way back to Edoras. Save it for a few posts first - I will have Relire travfel for abit before they come across another band of Uruk-Hai - and are resuced maybe be Arden? They can proceed to Edoras from there.

great posts guys - apologies for my absence. Have just finished my first year of university so had to beaver away with exam revision, coursework etc. All finsihed now so am ready and raring to go )
Halrohir
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2009 07:58
Okay, never rains but it pours, I see.

I have been in the hospital for the last five weeks. I am now in an outpatient place, with better Internet access than before, so I can AT LAST get to posting again.

I'm hoping to write with all my friends again! :love:
Rosie_Cotton43
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2009 09:42
Nice to see you again, Halrohir! I'm sorry to hear that you've been in the hospital. I hope you're feeling well! :hug:
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email