Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
maerwyn2233
Council Member
Send Message
Post Nimthir's Journey (TR thread)
on: January 26, 2010 03:11
So, this is a Tolkien Related thread, and I would prefer if before you joined that you read the guidelines in case there is something you may not have known.

I will tell you roughly what I envisioned, and if you have any characters that you would like to be in the story, PM me and I'll make sure they fit.

Make your entry a goodly length (No, not an essay per post, just at least one paragraph)

Nimthir is a fairly lonely elf, living in the time of the ring. She dwells in Mirkwood with her father, (her mother died) and she is very good friends with Legolas Greenleaf.

What I hope to do is bring her forth, and tell her story, whilst the battles of middle earth are going on, and Frodo is carrying the heavy burden of the ring. She is in the background of all this, but I am trying to get just your average Elf's troubles, relationships, joys... all during the the third age.

I hope to have perhaps a ranger (not Aragorn), and I would, somewhere in the story like to incorporate a human girl that is a little younger than Nimthir, and who in the end, Nimthir finds herself bonding with.

Nimthir leaves Mirkwood when she finds out that Legolas left with the fellowship and will soon fight the battle in Minas Tirith. She prepares to fight there herself, and help save Middle earth from peril. On her travels, she meets a few persons that will change her future for the better. That is where the ranger and the girl come in. I think it would be nice if the girl could be from Rohan. Perhaps Nimthir's journey will lead her there for the most unlikely reasons.

Everyone let me know if they have any characters suited for those roles, or if they think there is another few characters that could fit into the story as well! Get creative, and let me know on the OOC if you have any big ideas about anything that you would like to put in the TR thread.

Thanks everyone!

The thread can be viewed here:
[url=http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=XForum&file=viewthread&tid=32485
]here[/url]

And Nimthir can be viewed here:
here

[Edited on 26/1/2010 by maerwyn2233]
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
Post RE: Nimthir's Journey (TR thread)
on: January 26, 2010 06:37
I have an idea for the girl... not sure how young you were thinking, though I am thinking about perhaps 9-10ish, independent in some ways but still young enough to really need someone.

She could be a lone survivor of a village that got pillaged and burned by raiding uruks.

This is still just an idea in my head... seeing what you think of it first before I commit more, I suppose.
maerwyn2233
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2010 06:57
That idea is perfect. I think that would fit perfectly with the story. Nimthir and her could bond... I can just see it now The solitary, graceful Elf, and an independent, feisty mortal girl become great friends.

So would you be interested in playing her?

curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2010 11:32
I would like to be the ranger. Maybe a young one with visions of glory? He might be a little jealous of Aragorn?
maerwyn2233
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2010 01:44
That is a good idea, curufinwefeanor13.
So, where do you suggest the ranger be from? Let me know, I would love if you could play him.
curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2010 11:38
*pulls out map*

How about from around North Downs? He could be traveling around the north of Arnor and Mirkwood? I would love to play him!
maerwyn2233
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2010 12:46
Awesome. *smiles* Sounds great!
Emeraldstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2010 06:17
Here is my character: Rydda (I cleared this with Maerwyn and Eruce)
Curufin, I saw your ranger profile. He sounds cool!
maerwyn2233
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2010 03:32
Thanks Curufinwe and Emeraldstar, they both look fantastic! I can't wait to start!
I like Rydda, she sounds very fitting for the story, Emerald.
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2010 12:20
Hmmm, this looks like the making of a good story.

I would be interested in joining you, if that would be alright. First I thought I'd ask if there was any other more specific type of character you were looking for? If not, I can make one up or use one of my existing characters.
curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2010 12:32
Here is my character: Rydda (I cleared this with Maerwyn and Eruce)
Curufin, I saw your ranger profile. He sounds cool!

Thanks! :love:
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2010 04:29
Do you think it would be alright if I joined? The ranger and the girl spots are taken, so I had an idea of some sort of Elven guard that is sent to aid your group by Thranduil.

What do you say?
maerwyn2233
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2010 11:26
I say yes to both Adara_cochava and passepartout! I like your idea Passe, and Adara, please feel free to create a character! Let me know what you come up with!
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2010 11:36
Hooray!

Here is a link to my character, Berior, if you want to check him out.
maerwyn2233
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2010 05:28
I like Berior! Good job, Passepartout. What role do you think he would have? What kind of relationship can you see him in with Nimthir? A growing friendship? A romantic interest? Let me know. I can't wait to start, everyone! :love:
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2010 05:38
Alright, I messed around with a character and I figured I'd post a link so you can take a look and see if he'll fit in with the group.

Rûkh
[Edited on 16/2/2010 by Adara_Cochava]

[Edited on 18/2/2010 by Adara_Cochava]
maerwyn2233
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2010 05:50
She is very nice, what role are you considering for her? How will she meet Nimthir? How will she fit into their story? Thanks, and let me know! Can't wait!
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2010 06:53
LOL, well, she's a he.

Well, as for the rest of your questions, I'm not exactly sure what you're planning to do--I mean, where you're planning to take Nimthir. As I mentioned in his 'history,' he has recently yearned for something more than the sea. I imagine he's traveling north when the story begins. He crosses through Gondor, into Rohan and perhaps runs into the little girl from Rohan?

Like I said, as I don't know exactly your plan of action, I'm not sure what would be the best time to run into Nimthir.

Sorry if those aren't very good answers. >_<
maerwyn2233
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2010 03:23
Something that I'm quite likely to mess up... sorry. I meant "he".

Well, I think Nimthir will be going to Rohan first, and I am thinking the first person she meets is Rhydda, the younger girl. The other Elf will probably go with her in the first place, (perhaps follow her without her consent) since he dwells in the kingdom of Thranduil. The ranger I do not know. He can probably meet her at many given times since he is a ranger and probably travels a bit. I suppose that is the most logical thing, if Rukh were to run into her in Rohan. I also want her to have a romantic interest, but I do not know whether it should be in one of the humans or in an Elf. I would not mind if you gave me some input on that, since you are the creator of one of the male characters. (only if you want, no pressure.)
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2010 04:51
I think Berior should start off as a close friend with Nimthir, although if you want the romantic interest later, you could have that. I have never worked with romance, though, mind you.
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2010 06:49
I love romance.

So feel free to keep an open mind regarding Rukh as a possible love interest. My advice was to start with no preference--watch the male characters play out, see how they act and which you think Nimthir would like best.

Okay, so my first post, and possibly a few after that, I can just have him traveling alone through Gondor/Rohan?
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2010 03:17
I think the ranger would actually be a good love interest for her, because it is actually pretty interesting. Mortal, immortal. Just like Aragorn and Arwen.
maerwyn2233
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2010 06:30
O.k, guys, I am very excited about this story. I love romance too, Adara, I think we will have a bit of fun with this...

I am thinking Rukh might be the ideal interest on that front, but we will see what the characters choose I'm sure we will know when the time is right to decide.

I think, Passe, that Berior might just remain a close friend, and a confidante. I also think the ranger would be quite a bit younger than Nimthir, and just become another person that she finds an unlikely ally in.

Adara, you can go ahead and begin the post, if you want. Same with everyone else, I think we have the basics figured out. I simply cannot wait!
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2010 07:38
Alright, I'm on my way then. I'm assuming this is kind of a solo post, he's not really meeting anyone yet. If that needs changed, I can edit it later.

I'm so excited!
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2010 07:59
Sorry to double post, but I had an idea after writing my RPG post.

I was thinking it would be neat/more effective if Rûkh had once had a wife and perhaps a child. They die and thus is pain is all the more closer than losing his mother and brother (which is still quite painful).

What do you think, maerwyn?
maerwyn2233
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2010 08:54
Oh, how dramatic! I love it! Go ahead, I can't wait to see!
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2010 09:14
Excellent! Then I'll run right over and edit his character info.
Emeraldstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2010 10:17
I'm glad my character's too young to have romantic interests.

I think I'll have Rydda wandering towards Nimthir's path, after leaving her uncle's village. Then maybe they could meet on the road? Rydda won't meet anyone in my first post, unless Maerwyn wants to.

*runs off to post*

EDIT: I posted!

[Edited on 17/2/2010 by Emeraldstar]
curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2010 11:59
Who should post next?
maerwyn2233
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2010 01:31
O.k, sounds good. Curufin, go ahead and post whenever you like. I think I will post now, continuing with Nimthir's story. She will probably only meet up with Berior, and they can set out together. Is that alright with Passepartout?
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2010 03:06
Yaay, and we're on our way.

As I mentioned in the actual thread, I am a bit of a lengthy poster. I hope that won't bug anyone--a lot of the length comes from one sentence paragraphs though.

Are we going to have a posting order, or should I just wait until after the ranger posts?
OraedaDlynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2010 03:54
Hi! I'd like to join your RP, my character is Eodwyn Anarien

I like what you have so far, it's very interesting. I was thinking with Eodwyn she could be a character Similar to Boromir but without going all crazy like he did at Amon Hen. =]

if you want me to create a different character I will to fit the story seeing as the Ranger part is taken already.

[Edited on 18/2/2010 by OraedaDlynn]

Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2010 03:24
Yeah that's alright with me, Maerwyn. Should I post about Berior meeting up with you?
maerwyn2233
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2010 04:07
Passe, I think that would be a good idea. I posted last night about Nimthir who was just about to set off on her adventure. You can bring Berior into the scene now.

Oraeda, she sounds good, and perhaps she can meet up with or travel with the ranger. They could be friends, or become friends, or if you had another idea thats good, just let me know.

Adara, I don't mind at all, as I am a somewhat lengthy poster as well. We should probably have a posting order, I don't know exactly what though, haha.
:heart:
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2010 09:42
As far as posting order goes, you could continue as it has already started, something to the effect of: Maerwyn, me, Emerald, Oraeda, and then Curufin.

On the other hand, you could completely rearrange the order. It might be good to keep Berior's posts closer to your own, Maerwyn, especially if you two are traveling together early on.

Also, Oraeda, I noticed you're close to the East Emnet which is where Rukh is right now. This question goes out to both you and Maerwyn--do you guys want Rukh and Eodwyn to meet up before they meet up with Nimthir?

[Edited on 18/2/2010 by Adara_Cochava]
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email