Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Maianna
Council Member
Send Message
Post LOTRO
on: September 15, 2010 03:09
Now that LOTRO has gone free play, Im sure there are a lot of people with questions. (I know I have a bunch), so I thought it might help to have a thread where we can help each other here.

I have just started it, but now im completely lost. I somehow managed to get to the dwarve's homeland (i was defeated in a battle and retreated, and Im a hunter by the way), and I cant figure out what to do next or how to get out... haha. Yes, I am the deffinition of newbie.

so if anyone could help me out, or if you have any questions or anything, here is a new thread!
Donry
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: LOTRO
on: January 11, 2011 04:36
No one helped you out? You still stuck there?
Maianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2011 03:28
just to update- I figured it out and am now proud to announce that im a level 40 on one of my characters and 35 on my other main!
nedra
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2011 03:50
So, the subject tells it all. Is there any LOTRO players around here? I tried to search a topic especially made for it but couldn't find one... But anyway, since I play LOTRO like... most of the time, I was wondering if there are others from CoE who play it. So, is there anyone?

//edit: oh, there was a thread, but I just didn't notice that >.< anyway, I still want to know if people are playing it.

[Edited on 21/4/2011 by nedra]
Maianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2011 03:51
lol, sorry i missed this. I LOVE LOTRO!!!!! What server do you play on? I mostly play Riddermark and Landroval, but I also do a few others (and im definitly open to starting new characters because im majorly TP grinding)- if you ever want to play together sometime.
Maianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2011 06:14
Anyone want to set up a time to meet up on lotro??
nedra
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2011 03:35
I play mostly in Eldar and Gilrain. My main elf minstrel is now lvl 39 but I have many other characters and those are not the only severs I'm in. It wouldn't be a problem to make another character to Landroval or Riddermark I just love to make new characters >.<
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
Post Re: LOTRO
on: May 23, 2012 01:13
I just started playing LOTRO and was wondering if anybody else here played?
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2012 01:28
I want to start playing, but i have no idea where to begin... Is it free? How do you download/get the game? Is it like the books/movies? Sorry for all the questions!! lol
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2012 03:03
GP, to answer your question, yes it is free. If you have Steam, than you can just go under 'Free-to-Play' games, or alternativly you can go to lotro.com Create an account, then download & install it, and there you go!
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2012 03:21
Thanks!!
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2012 04:32
Oh, and btw, I created an account, so I will TRY to play, but my internet is pretty slow, so idk
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: June 20, 2012 08:29
^That's kinda what happened to me, except that I own a sucky computer. I was playing for a bit but it lagged so bad I couldn't really play it. So sad. I guess I need to get a better computer or something.
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2012 10:44
I personally have played second accounts on my Acer Aspire One. Lousy graphics but fine for RP.

If you are seeking a strong and established kinship to play with, who enjoys RP and is active nearly 24/7, visit us at www.SonsOfNumenor.com

Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2012 12:53
I play LOTRO, mostly on the Eldar and one and a while on the Firefoot servers.
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
dwellerofthewest
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2012 05:52
I want to play. Sounds intersting
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2012 09:11
Alas, my ping is still too high, even after we upgraded our internet
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2012 11:18
Dwellerofthewest, it's now a free to play game, and you can download the game from www.lotro.com. I hope it catches your interest!

Leoflic_Nightleaf hmm... dang, I still would check out this website http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri to see if you can run it....or if it might be able to help give you some kind of suggestion to let you play...that sounds so sad.
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
dwellerofthewest
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 07, 2012 01:37
Oh yay! I am doing that right now. Thank you Lastiel_Rusc!
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 07, 2012 06:34
I wish Lastiel. But the 'ping' is how long it takes for information to travel from your computer to the game server and back. I can max out the game requirements, but i experience to much lag for it to be playable.
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 07, 2012 07:09
No problem Dwellerofthewest.

Ah...Dang. Well now I know. I hope that you can get the correct 'ping' so you can explore the game Leoflic. Right now I'm in a somewhat similar problem, though I've got the suspicion that it's my laptop is the problem. (Can play in short periods with a touch of lag.)
Taug anin ú-daug.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2012 03:42
As far as i can tell Lastiel, you just need more RAM, (Random Access Memory), used for every application on your computer. It gets maxed out pretty quickly if you don't have enough of it, so just get another gigabyte of so and it should help. If your motherboard supports it that is . By the way, if anyone has any general computer problems (e.g, slow computer, game lag, can't figure something out), feel free to PM me, as i am somewhat of a tech geek.
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2012 04:57
Yea, I was thinking that it was the problem. But right now I need to wait before I can get more of it. Or figure out if I the space to get my desktop up and running (it's in storage right now and the family doesn't have the wireless internet set up).
Taug anin ú-daug.
Sibynelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2012 01:46
I play LOTRO too. Mostly in Riddermark and Eldar. Main character is now at level 46.
Image Image Image
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: December 25, 2012 11:01
well I got a good computer to play LOTRO with for Christmas, so I shall be back on!
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 02, 2013 12:28
I've been slightly addicted over the past few days to LOTRO. I have characters on the Vilya and Silverlode servers but can always create more as needed.
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: January 02, 2013 02:18
I have been playing on the Riddermark server. I would love to play with fellow COE people.

Char is Eruceninde is you ever see it, it's me
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2013 03:58
I will probably start playing it soon. Granted the graphics don't aren't too much and I have a fast enough ping.
"All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: January 31, 2013 04:42
Oh please oh please come on the Riddermark server!! You can turn down the settings in game to low graphics if you need to for your computer.
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2013 05:00
Well I'm not really worried about the graphics since my integrated graphics are pretty good (I will soon have a nVidia GeForce GT 8800). My only real concern is internet. I get internet from a laptop that I connected to my pc and sometimes the connection isn't always the strongest and I kinda wavers a lot. So we'll see. Plus I need to get the ok from my dad. It might be a while or it might not be at all.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2013 08:37
Oh, I really hope you can play. I don't have fast enough ping, but it's a really cool game
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: January 31, 2013 08:44
Ok well if you do get on, of course let me know.
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2013 10:48
Will do
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
well been awhile since anyone posted in here, wondering if anyone else new or old played LOTRO. I still play. Have two 85 characters (hunter and Guardian) and other low lvl toons as well. Eruceninde and Eruthiadel on Riddermark server. New update coming in the fall! Helm's Deep!

Let me know if you play or interested in starting to play
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
I still play, I'm mostly on Eldar, though I do have toons on Firefoot, and one on Landroval. Everything is around 70 or lower...The main toons I've got on those servers is Lastiel (I just like me name....)
Taug anin ú-daug.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email