Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lil_Hobbit
Council Member
Send Message
Post How many of you have the Legolas action figure?
on: January 29, 2003 11:27
I am having a wicked hard time finding the Legolas action figure. So I am curious who has it. Has everyone else had a hard time or is it just because I live in Maine. lol
Yes.
55% (1)
No.
15% (5)
I wish!
30% (1)
Olwe
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: How many of you have the Legolas action figure?
on: January 29, 2003 05:38
i have one, wasnt that hard to find. I guess i jsut got lucky though.

Navear
Olwe
goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2003 07:18
I have actually got 3 TTT legolas action figures, so if anyone is interested,let me know.Two really one is for me!!! I am in Australia if this makes any difference to anyone.
goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2003 10:12
Just had to add to my last comment about having 3.I am not out to make big bucks or anything,I was just very lucky that several times while shopping at my local supermarket they just happen to have them and I would be glad to help out a fellow enthusiast.I couldnt believe it today when I found Sam from FOTR,Im happy to add him to my ever growing collection! I know how frustrating and sometimes upsetting a lack of funds can be.So just let me know if youre interested
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: February 11, 2003 06:21
You really have 3? Jeesh! Well, I can see that because I've seen a tone of Legolas everywhere, but I'm in Chicago... I even saw one for $4 once...
goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2003 02:27
Yeah I have 3.They are really hard to find around here so I picked them up while I had the chance.Wow,$4,that is sooo cheap! I found travelling Bilbo in the local supermarket the other day,couldnt believe my luck,cause I kept getting outbid on Ebay.He goes for around $55 AUD and I got him for $15!The supermarket must have a supply out the back or something,cause they only seem to put out a couple at a time.
So I check out the toy section every time I go there now,my son keeps "ripping" me about my toy collection,but he may well laugh,who knows one day they may be worth something besides sentimental value to me!
ElwenPeredhil
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: February 18, 2003 08:16
We are just starting to get the Two Towers actions figures in the stores where I live. :cry: I have yet to see a Legolas from the Two Towers though. Tons of Aragorn, Theoden, Eomer, and Grima though.
Keterai
Palantír/Collectibles Mod, & Ninja Extraordinaire
Send Message
on: March 06, 2003 06:47
You can't find any of them in CO.

My friend got me one for my B-Day last year....but neither of us have been able to find a TTT one.....well....one that isn't huge and costs $20.
Rik
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2003 10:43
I got the Two Towers version in October, then the Fellowship version a week ago.
They both rock.

[Edited on 13/3/2003 by Rik]
Alaghelediel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2003 08:22
I just went to a semi-local comic store (about 20 minutes away) today and bought a TTT Legolas figure. ^^ I'd seen it before, though, at our mall. There weren't many at that time, either. =P You don't see the figures very much around here, but if you look in the right places you can probably find them. The posters on the other hand...LOL. When my friend came to visit over Christmas break, we went looking all over for LotR posters, and found only a few (which we didn't want). I ended up ordering mine. >.>

Hehe, this isn't the one I have (mine's of TTT Legolas aiming with his bow), but I came across this image and thought it was pretty funny that they made a shield-surfing Legolas. XDXD

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/ChocoKoneko/legolasshieldtoy.jpg

[Edited on 16/3/2003 by Alaghelediel]
Mirlomien
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 17, 2003 06:51
This is maddening!!! I've been searching for monthes and can't find one anywhere!!! Of course, its not so bad. Cause my mom is getting me one of those life size standups. But for heaven sake. I have two different Aragorns, Faramir, Gandalf, Frodo, Theoden, and Merry and Pippin. But no, can't find one single Legolas!!!
morgana03
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2003 07:25
I had the hardest time finding Legolas. I refused to psy what online stores were asking. I actually lucked into one at a local toy store one day.
Now, I'll admit something silly. He's still in the plastic box, sealed and all. I just cut the front cardboard with the photo. That was all I wanted. So anyone who wants a semi MIB Legolas, Eomer or Aragorn figures let me know.:blush:
Jedi-Elf
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2003 03:22
I've had the most unbelievably difficult time finding the legolas action figure. All online stores have him sold out and ebay prices get into the $30 or $40 before they are sold. Him being my favorite character I'm dying to get him but don't have that much spare money . Oh well, I shall have to wait until I find the helm's deep one. The figure I've seen most is theoden, they could give those things away and still have to many.
Rik
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2003 03:14
You just have to wait for the right deal to pop up. It took a while, but eventually I found the first Legolas for £15 which is good for this seeing as it's rare and discontinued.
The Helm's Deep Lwgolas is identical to the other Rohan Armour legolas except for a new head, cape and shield on wheels.
goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2003 02:48
I guess it comes down to why you want the figures! I collect them and as such - they dont come out of the boxes - EVER! Not once has any of the figures that I have,been opened! That only kills the value of them! Believe me,the rarer they get,the more valuable they become!But like I said,all depends on if you want them as part of a collection or not.
Guys I have offered a legolas and a faramir as part of the prizes in the raffles - so please go and buy some tickets in them and help this great site!
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: April 20, 2003 07:21
Is he really that hard to find? A few months ago I saw the FotR one on clearance ($4). I just got my Helm's Deep one, so now I have two. I love his shield skateboard thing. HeHe! I use it with my other action figures too. The ones I have trouble finding here are Theoden and Galadriel. Never see Galadriel, and Theoden I see every once in a while. I seem to have a lot of luck at Kay Bee Toys. Try going to a store right when they open, before everything is picked over.
Jedi-Elf
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2003 04:20
I finally found the helm's deep legolas this weekend!!! I actually bought the entire series 4 hehe. I was extremly lucky to get legolas though, they only had one. The whole gimli thing confuses me though still, he was on the back of the boxes but I've been told he was canceled...hmmm
Rik
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2003 05:04
Yeah, he's cancelled.
They printed the boxes ages ago when they were still planning it.
The only way to get it now is either in the FOTR 2-Pack with an Uruk-Hai Warrior, or in the Helm's Deep 5-Pack(sometime between May-August) which has Exclusive Haldir, Helm's Deep Aragorn, Helm's Deep Gimli, Armoured Théoden and Helm's Deep Legolas.
Jedi-Elf
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2003 05:12
Oh I see, thanks for the info Rik. That seems rather stupid though that they did the 5 action figure thing since many including myself already have 3 of the 5. Oh well, I suppose Gimli and Haldir are worth it.
LauraQ
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2003 01:51
Oooh Wow! The new five pak wll have haldir? COOL!!

I missed out on FOTR Legolas, but was able to get the Two Towers one(with the flying hair)---and will be on the lookout for the shield-surfing version for a friend.

Seems like you have to right on top of things to get them when they come out....but worth the vigilant runs to WalMart, ToysRUs or even Target.

Ruiner
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2003 08:18
I bought the Helms Deep Legolas 3 days ago. It was hard to find, and I payed 15 dollars for it at a place called Extreme Toys here in LA. They specialize in rare toys, and collectables. They still sell all the Fellowship toys, although they all cost $25 and up.

They had Galadriel there too.
Henduil
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2003 01:35
No difficulties in getting Legolas in UK from Toys Are Us, Have got 4. I have put one on a horse, its the TT Legolas and I pinched the horse from Arwen and put some armour I made up on horses head, it looks good if I do say so myself. Looks just like Legolas at Helms Deep when he charges out onhis horse sword in hand.

Rik
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2003 06:42
Just an FYI to all of you, there's going to be a Legolas on Arod in the ROTK line.
merry2
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 13, 2003 03:47
I bought a Helm's Deep set today that came with five figures. Aragon, Theoden, Gimli, Legolas, and Haldir. It is the only set that has a Haldir in it and the Legolas is pretty cool. The Legolas comes with a bow, a quiver with five arrows, a longsword, two small swords, and a helmet. All three swords have a sheath . Just thought I'd describe him for you.

[Edited on 15/8/2003 by merry2]
Rik
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2003 04:52
That helmet's Haldir's!
Don't suppose it matters though, neither of them wore one in the movie.:dizzy:
ElvishMaiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2003 07:30
I have one. Got it at Wal-Mart n then got my mumma to give it to me for my b-day haha!
merry2
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 14, 2003 09:27
There are two helmets Rik. One for Legolas and one for Haldir. Theoden also has one.
merry2
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 14, 2003 09:36
Wait a minute! It also could be Gimli's helmet! I don't know. It fits on both of there heads!
Rik
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2003 03:55
Yeah that's Gimli's.
That's an imagefrom the 2-Pack Gimli that came with an Uruk. Toy Biz just put him in the Helm's Deep set without a cape. Shame seeing as he wore one in the movie.
I love thsi set though, and Haldir rocks!
merry2
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 15, 2003 04:05
Thanks for helping me out Rik. I was so confused.
Rik
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2003 09:26
Happy to help!
Man this set looks great all displayed together! Especially Haldir!
~GilEstel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2003 03:27
I have one! It's a mini one though. I just bought it last night at B Dolton, the book store! There were tons of them! So, I couldn't resist! My mom said I should get one for my two other cousins that like him, but I didn't have enough money(they only cost 1.00, but I had just purchased three books). Besides, I would have ended up keeping them, one for my nightstand, one for my backpack and one for my purse!
MirkwoodsArcher
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2003 02:52
I managed to pick up two Legolas's at the same time, so I must have been lucky

The legolas that comes with the horse might be next
But I have to limit my toy buying as space is a Issue
elvenmarksman
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 09, 2003 06:07
i've been looking for Legolas, Aragorn, and Gilmli since TTT all they have around me is Frodo Sam and Eomer ( if that is how you spell it)
Rik
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 10, 2003 11:23
All looking for a Legolas, fear not!
We've got the new Legolas with horse(Arod) set, another Legolas made from ttt Legolas with a new paint job and no armor, a Legolas in Helm's Deep armor with skateboard etc., and the first Legolas with the dagger slash. The last 2 are re-packs of previous Legos. The horse Lego is out now, the other 3 are all out in January or there abouts. )
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email