Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
Post Lego Lord of the Rings
on: November 14, 2012 01:27

So it came out! Has anyone gotten it yet/plan on getting it?

I am getting it today, and will play it a bit! I'm sure it will be great!

What are your thoughts on it?
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Lego Lord of the Rings
on: November 14, 2012 03:22
I'm planning on getting it sometime, probably for Christmas or something.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: November 14, 2012 09:54
Just played it for a couple hours. It is AMAZING! The best Lego game and it is done exceptionally well. A real delight for any LOTR lover!
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 15, 2012 12:11
I'm not sure on getting it myself, I mean I love LOTR but I don't get the same pleasure out of toys as I did when I was a child, so I don't know if this game will suit me.
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2012 04:57
I asked for it for Christmas and if I don't get it then I'll buy it
"All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: December 20, 2012 08:36
It is a really great game. I have almost completed it. It isn't too hard but is still challenging enough.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2012 12:49
We got it lol. I've not got to play it yet though . Does it have difficulty settings? Because i usually play on Hard/Hardest on most games.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: December 22, 2012 01:25
It does not, I think. Some things are easy, some are not.
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2013 11:15
I got it a little while ago and it was pretty fun. I got through the first part by myself and then me and my friend are playing through it in co-op mode
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2013 11:57
How far have you gotten? Oh, and completing the campaign is NOT, in my opinion, beating the game. If you want to really beat the game, and get the most out of it, try to complete at least 75% of it. Don't try to get anything when completing the campaign, just breeze through it and play it again afterwards. At least, that's what I'm doing
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: January 14, 2013 04:07
I went to 100%. It was hard, getting every little single itsy bitsy thing
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2013 05:30
I'm going to play the game through and then go back and get everything
AinarielPalantir
Maiden of Nienna and Éomer`s Loyal Puppy
Send Message
on: January 19, 2013 11:24
I'm so not a game player and I've played only a couple of adventure games with Wii. But I got this Lego LotR and I'm enjoying it! I have no idea what I'm doing or what I should do, or what there could be done, we just go with the flow

It's great that it's following the story so well and all those funny little things (like boromir getting killed by a broom stick and a banana ) are great. It's easy enough for me and not too scary (for example playing Resident Evil was way too scary for me ).
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2013 05:19
Yeah, I should think it would be a bit less scary than Resident Evil lol.
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2013 11:24
Has anyone else had the problems with glitches that I have? I haven't found tons but there quite a few so far.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2013 06:07
What kinds of glitches?
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: January 26, 2013 08:40
I don't remember there being any glitches..? sometimes it froze on me but it only happened twice.
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2013 03:37
Well, mine froze once (but that was console problem) when I was playing a few days ago when I would switch to Aragorn in openworld he would start falling down this black hole and then die and then repeat. I haven't tried it again yet so I don't know if it's a one time thing or what. Once when I was fighting Lurtz he just froze and would move and I couldn't harm him. Treebeard froze one time but I was able to get him moving again.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: January 27, 2013 04:06
wow that never happened to me... I played on xbox..?
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2013 01:06
No I use the Wii.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: January 28, 2013 10:53
Oh, maybe that is why. Definitely not those problems on xbox.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2013 01:19
Or PC lol!
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2013 02:21
could be the disk or something. I dunno
AinarielPalantir
Maiden of Nienna and Éomer`s Loyal Puppy
Send Message
on: February 25, 2013 02:20
I've now completed the game (just played all the level's once) and while the game got closer to the end the more glitches there were. Mostly the characters were able to walk or fall to places where they got stuck. We always managed to continue somehow though. There also seemed to be at least one place where bashing the object just didn't do anything (while hitting did work on other same kind of objects elsewhere). All in all there were some little things and it appeared that the programmers had gotten a bit sloppy at the end... One time the whole game got stuck and we had to reboot the whole thing and thus lost the progress since the last saving.

We are now playing the game in free play mode and trying to find all the treasures and such.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2013 09:34
Not the programmers. That is simply a hardware error. I've experienced many of those in my still relatively short life.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2013 06:27
i have completed the game, but i am going around collecting characters. oh, tip. i dont know if any of you knew this, but if you go to the map stones on free play, then sometimes when u discover one, then new characters, people who need help, and mithril (sp?) pop up.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I love Lego lotr! But the game kept stopping me at one point in the Paths of the Dead.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
seremela05
Council Member
Send Message
My brother bought Lego LotR today. It's wonderful!

[Edited on 06/30/2013 by seremela05]
Nauthannen i ned ôl reniannen
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
I played it. It's really fun.
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I'm still waiting to play this! I've dropped so many hints to my boyfriend, and if I do get this game tomorrow for Christmas, I will disappear for a good while to finish it!
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, well I hope you get it! You'll have to let us know if you got it or not.
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Merry Christmas all! I'm still waiting to see what my boyfriend has given me, so I'm still unsure of whether I own this game! But I have finally got LOTR online to work, so that's something

[Edited on 12/25/2014 by ItarildeSirfalas]

[Edited on 12/25/2014 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Just an update, I did receive this game from the boyfriend, so soon I shall be playing it!
Image Image
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you! Happy late Christmas to you too! That's awesome! *high five for your boyfriend* Have you started playing it yet?
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I haven't yet, as my PS3 resides at my university address, and not my parents' home Not only that, but I have 3 exams in two weeks, and an essay due, so I'll have to wait until after the 16th to play! It's kind of sad really

But, I'm looking forward to it all the same
Image Image
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email