Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Post Weird Dreams
on: November 15, 2012 09:22
This is a thread where you can share your scary, odd, or totally nonsensical dreams. I'll start.

A few days ago I had this really weird dream. One part I remember was me and my older brother were starting by some trees, when the roots started pulling up by themselves. I was like "whoa!" when I realized they were Ents! Then I think it was the next day, I had this dream with dwarves and dragons in it. I wonder if that has something to do with the fact that I'm reading The Hobbit right now? Another time, I had this dream where I was like an "Oliver Twist" type person at an orphanage. I got in trouble for something and had to go to these two guys wearing coat tails. I ran out the door so they wouldn't catch me. Some of my siblings worked at the orphanage too, and had to slave away outside gardening. I ran over to them and hid behind a blue barrel. The guys were still chasing me, so I ran toward our barn. Then there was an explosion to my left, and I was still running. I had to find a way to get past the barn because it was blocking my path. Somehow I thought "Hey! This is a dream. I can do whatever I want!" So I did a force jump flying type thing to get over the barn. Then I think I woke up. Pretty strange huh?

Has anyone else had really weird dreams?
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Weird Dreams
on: January 14, 2013 08:15
I don't often dream, and when I do...I don't remember them that often. Instead I remember having some form of sleep paralysis that scared the crap out of me, but I also have 'slept fought'. Though the latter hasn't happened to me in a long time, and I kinda miss it, I think I dreamt that I was sword fighting against a friend, I go through the moves and everything I end up waking myself up due to the jerkiness of my moving to attack or defend.
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
LightElfRowena
Council Member
Send Message
I actually woke up and ask 'Why did you hit me Fili?'. I guess he didn't like the fact that I fancy elves lol!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I've had some pretty crazy dreams. For instance...

One time, a while back, I had this really wacky, sorta medieval-ish dream. I'm not really sure where we where, but it was some kind a Jewish settlement. Anyway, there was a battle going on, and somehow all of us good guys were able retreat from the bad guys. And then we were going to use our secret weapon (I don't know what it was) and it would be able to kill all the bad guys. Before the king gave the command to launch the secret weapon, he told everybody not to eat the food and drink that was on the ground from fallen soldiers. He put some poison type stuff into the food and drink. But for whatever crazy reason, he and his top soldiers could resit the poison, and therefore ate and drank whatever food and drink was there. I think that it made them drunk or something. Then the good guy king decided he wanted the bad guy king's crown. I guess the bad guy was kinda like Sauron, because when the good guy king took his crown and out it on he said, "I see you..." and it sounded like Sauron's voice. I don't really know what else happened after that, except that I think the good guys won the battle.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Seems like the hacking took out several of the posts here including mine.

I dreamt i saw the face of someone I know in a thick grey billowing cloud. A hand reached out to me and then just disappeared. I had this dream for 4 nights in a row. Still not sure what it meant.

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes

A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep
In dreams you will lose your heartaches, whatever you wish for, you keep
Have faith in your dreams and someday, your rainbow will come smiling through
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing
The dreams that you wish will come true
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
We actually had to reset to an earlier date and more than one area suffered the loss of posts.

I had a weird reoccurring dream when I was a child of a scary house (belonged to my great aunt and her gangster-type husband) with blonde furniture. I would be hiding from some monster I could hear breathing. Never anything concrete, but that place always spooked me.
Feyna
Council Member
Send Message
I find this one dream of mine rather interesting...

I was in some strange land with no buildings, roads, or people in sight. I'm myself on a cliff over looking an very odd scene. A forest with healthy green trees on the right side and dead and/or wintery looking trees on the left.

I let out a cry seeing if there's anybody about and two large wolves appear, one that was very white and the other I think grey. I try to get away but the ground gives way and I fall and my vision goes black for second and the next thing I know, I'm laying flat on a blanket with someone singing (a male’s voice) softly next to me.

That's all I can remember...
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
I had a dream that creeped me out so much when I was little, about 8 years old. It was my older brother and I home alone. We were, for some weird reason, sleeping on our kitchen table. He was only a couple years older than me, so we were pretty close. There was a knock at the front door, so I left the kitchen and peered out the front window. There was no one at the door, or on the side walk, or in the street. "Hello?" I called out the door, obviously not a smart idea. No one answered. Nothing made a sound. So I shrugged and went back to the kitchen to check on Justin, my brother. But when I got there, the back door slammed closed and he was gone. I ran to the front door screaming his name, only to see a struggling figure being carried by a giant black monster. I tried to run after Justin, but all of the doors and windows were locked. I was trapped screaming and banging on all the walls. So yeah, that dream haunted my "staying-home" experiences for life!
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I remember you telling me that one when I was little!!!!!!!!
I cant really remember any strange dreams that i've had lately, but i remember after watching The Hobbit in theatres for the first time, I dreamt that I was a hobbit and the Pale Orc was following me
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I dreamed a few nights ago that some elves were holding a ball, and I had some of Arwen's dresses and I took forever on deciding what to wear. That was only part of it though. I can't remember the whole thing.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I love it when I have dreams pretaining to LotR
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Me too. But sadly it doesn't happen to me very often.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
My Tolkien related dreams have all been pretty nonsensical, as in, some random character or place is in my dream but nothing else is related to it. Like the one a few nights ago, where pretty much none of the components went together at all. I was sitting in my rocking chair, in a park, with one of my sister's cats on my lap (they live 6hr drive away) talking to Elrond and some weird guy is playing with the other cat. Unfortunately I never seem to dream actual dialogue, just the idea of conversation.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
The other night, I was playing Candyland with some kids I babysat. And that night, I dreamt that I was living in Candyland, and that I was stuck in the swamp place near the end. I forget what its called now. But yeah, so that was really wierd!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I still like Candyland! We sometimes tell my younger brothers stories of us in Candyland, but I'l never dreamed I was there. The only swamp thing I can think of near the end is the chocolate guy. His name is Gloppy in the newer-ish one, but I'm not sure about the old one.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, his name is Gloppy! I do remember that, although I never said his nme when I had my dream.
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
I remember I used to play Candyland when I was real young. I was always afraid of that Mrs.Peanut Brittle lady for some reason. I had nightmares about her. (see, I can tie this in somehow
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
You were afriad of the Peanut Brittle Lady? Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, she was a little creepy. I always dreaded passing her on the Candy Land board.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
haha no dreams to report, unfortunatly. Though from sleeping in the AC I have a raspy Gollum voice.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
I once dreamed we had 15 people checking into one suite and I was freaking out because we don't have enough rollaways or blankets and even if we did I couldn't figure out how to make enough room to set them all up.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Ah yes, classic anxiety dream. Probably. Or maybe it's just the brain twiddling it's thumbs until you wake up. BTW what in the world are rollaways?
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
Beds that fold up and have wheels on them for ease of moving into storage. They're usually metal frames with springs strung across them and have about 4-5 in thick mattress included on them. Good for unexpected company.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Do you work in a hotel or something similar, Huldah? Thats what it sounds like.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
I'm head housekeeper at a large B&B, we use rollaways on occassion when people want to have say 3 people in a room that has 1 Queen bed. Often, the rooms they want to do that in are on the 3rd floor or up the hill from storage or something crazy, so it's never really fun to deal with them.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Don;t you love it when people want to make things complicated? Lol.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
RodwenAravilui5136 said:I remember I used to play Candyland when I was real young. I was always afraid of that Mrs.Peanut Brittle lady for some reason. I had nightmares about her. (see, I can tie this in somehow

You were afraid of her?? I liked her! The Licorice guy was the creepy one. I can't think of any dreams at the moment...
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
RodwenAravilui5136 said:I remember I used to play Candyland when I was real young. I was always afraid of that Mrs.Peanut Brittle lady for some reason. I had nightmares about her. (see, I can tie this in somehow

You were afraid of her?? I liked her! The Licorice guy was the creepy one. I can't think of any dreams at the moment...
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Well, yesterday I had a dream that I was on a roller coaster that was malfunctioning. Like, the seat belts werent working or nonexistant. the next day, my dad, sister and i were at a theme park for a huge Christian concert event. guess what rides I didnt go on?
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I had a weird creepy-ish dream the other night. This is the part I remember. I had a pet tiger named Zora, and for some reason these bad guys wanted her. I refused to give her up. Then somehow my three younger siblings and I were in the woods near our house and the bad guys were chasing us. I was riding Zora. The bad dudes caught up with my younger sibs are had them surrounded. I turned around and yelled for them to let my younger brothers and sister go, because it was me they wanted. They grinned evilly, but did as I asked (at least I think they did). I said something like, "You can go ahead and shoot me. I'm not afraid to die, because I know where I going." So, I turned my head and they shot me in the neck. (I must confess that I flinched while I was waiting for them to hurry up and shoot me.) But it wasn't a normal bullet. They could somehow reprogram me. So they started typing in my new information. Changing who my parents, my beliefs, everything. And I could see what they were typing in. It was dreadful. But I woke up before they finished.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Whoa, thats creepy!
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
Wow! That is really strange!
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
A couple nights ago I dreamed that I was fixing a chicken in my parent's kitchen and Gandalf was trying to help but he wasn't doing a very good job of it. And then he knicked his finger with the knife and I told him he better go disinfect that but he was like, it's not a big deal, so I had to bascially shoo him out of the kitchen to make him do it.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I had a dream where I woke up with the word 'Lorien' in my head. That was the full extent of that dream.

I also had a dream where Sam and Frodo were watching LotR on different tvs, and they were a few seconds different, so they kept turning the volume up on their tv, then Gandalf came and told them off.

What else... today I had a dream where Draco Malfoy was in a big mansion that opened onto a deep, murky lake just like how I imagine the Long Lake in The Hobbit, then I dived into the lake for some random reason, and someone else was racing me... they were winning...
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
Ok, so I dream the strangest things. Theses are real, not made up.

I had the craziest dream last night.

I went into my bedroom, and there was this big black tarp hiding something. I took it off, and it was Thranduil. the only thing was, the poor guy was dead. Then mom walked in, and accused me of violent RP. But then a plain old bucket appeared, and Mom said, "Well, we both know God sends the right thing at the right time, so we must need a bucket for something." She would not let go of it for the rest of the dream.

So, that was my wacky dream. except for the one about chasing giant spiders around my neighbor's lawn.....

"I am burdened with glorious purpose"

Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email