Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
Post The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Soundtrack!
on: November 23, 2012 09:52
I don't know how many of you have seen it, but it's incredible! I'm also really happy that some of the original themes from LotR were incorporated into it.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qnuilPBQwD0

What do you all think? I'm expecting this to be an epic movie, and now that the soundtrack is out, it seems closer than ever.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Soundtrack!
on: November 24, 2012 01:18
I have heard the first song from the soundtrack I believe. I think both the movie and the soundtrack will be amazing.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2012 06:10
I spent today listening to the LOTR soundtracks. I have not yet heard the music from The Hobbit. I better get a move on considering we do not have much longer to wait for the movie. It will be wonderful.

A star shines upon the hour of our meeting
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 27, 2012 07:53
The more I listen to pieces of the Hobbit soundtrack the more excited I get for the movie. Though I have not been able to spend the time to listen to the whole soundtrack without missing big gaps because I have to leave the room that has my computer (the speakers on it is crap....)
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
Cillendor
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2012 07:42
I was able to download a copy of that before it got removed from YouTube, and it is amazing. I think my favorite song is Radagast's theme, but the whole thing is beautiful.
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2012 01:09
You can still listen to it here! http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/the-hobbit-an-unexpected-journey-soundtrack-honors-the-dwarves-premiere-20121130

I'm hoping to get the CD (and listen to it) before I see it in theaters!
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2012 01:36
Oh, I still listen to it on YouTube. I found another one on there that hasn't been removed I need to get it on my iPod!
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
brrwsklly101
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2012 11:04
I can't wait to get the soundtrack i've already ordered the special edition from Amazon.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2012 01:27
I am way behind all of you. I have heard The Lonely Mountain and Misty Mountains Cold and that is it.

A star shines upon the hour of our meeting
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2012 09:22
If I could I would post the 'Blunt the knives and crack the plates' song for you, Lindarielwen. Mostly because it makes me chuckle. But another song that you might be able to find on youtube is Radgast's song...that one is very interesting to listen to.
Taug anin ú-daug.
CeruleanMosaic
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 31, 2012 12:58
I love the soundtrack! I had wondered before seeing the movie what music they would use to represent the dwarves. Hearing them sing was so haunting and beautiful at the same time.
DragonxKing
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2013 12:44
I got The Hobbit Special Edition soundtrack as a wonderful Christmas gift.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2013 08:01
DragonxKing, I have not been able to find the soundtracks in any of the stores I have been to. Where did your soundtrack come from? I love the music for the Dwarves. And what makes it a Special Edition compared to a regular edition?
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: January 01, 2013 08:29
The most likely place anyone can get either of the soundtracks is on Amazon.com. The special edition has several pieces that are longer than in the regular edition as well as 4 or 5 additional themes not on the regular. Both have the dwarfs singing in the beginning about the Misty Mountains and Neil Finn singing at the end (as he does during the credits at the movie). It is NOT an extended version, which will not come out for quite a while, but then not everyone is interested in that anyway as it is every note of music that is played throughout the film. *smiles* Can be a bit more than the everyday fan wants to listen to. Most want the main themes and that's enough.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
DragonxKing
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2013 10:05
I believe BerethEdhellen answered that for you Lindarielwen. =) Berethedhellen, I do look forward to the extended version which is also what I did for the LotR soundtracks. =)
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2013 12:13
Yes, I think I would want the extended version as well. I will treasure every note. Howard Shore is amazing and I love how the music from The Hobbit flows right into Lord of the Rings.
DragonxKing
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2013 10:14
Quite a few recurring musical themes in The Hobbit soundtrack that were in LotR.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2013 11:27
And that is what ties it all together. I could listen to the music all the day long. But my heart lies with Misty Mountains Cold. That song means a lot to me. I wish time would allow in The Hobbit to hear all 27 verses.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2013 04:01
I loved the soundtrack, not the movie though.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
DragonxKing
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2013 05:05
Misty Mountains Cold is an amazingly dark, yet beautiful song.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2013 10:18
Quote from DragonxKing on January 3, 2013, 03:05
Misty Mountains Cold is an amazingly dark, yet beautiful song.

I agree Dragon. I like that and the dishes song a lot.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2013 10:25
Has anyone heard the whole misty mountain song before? It's like fifteen minutes long and somewhat repetitive, but at least you can hear the whole thing. You can listen to it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME5urFBf0kk
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2013 09:24
I have heard all 27 verses sung by ShaDoWCa7. Someone sent me the link and I love it so much that I have considered it to be a great gift. I have written down all the words to all 27 verses.
HaldirofLorien13
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2013 06:43
Although I don't think the soundtrack is blindingly original, I do love how they did a bunch of variations on the "Misty Mountains" theme. Also, the original song that played during the end credits was excellent.
Lady_of_Darkness
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2013 10:32
That would be the Song of the Lonely Mountain, the one song I can't seem to stop listening to (there's always one). I finally got the special edition soundtrack I ordered from my bookstore kiosk shortly after Christmas. They ran out of stock, and had to order more. They may have had to order it from their used supplier, since they have quite a few scratches on them, but they both work, so that's the important thing (probably what mine would look like after a few months anyway, so it's not that big of a deal).

I was unaware that there was more to the Misty Mountains song, I'll have to check that out sometime.
In the darkness you could hear the crying of women, the wailing of infants, and the shouting of men. Some prayed for help. Others wished for death. But still more imagined that there were no Gods left, and that the universe was plunged into eternal darkness. - Pliny the Younger, A.D. 79.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2013 12:34
I will try to post the 27 verse version of Misty Mountains Cold.
Ironfoot
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2013 12:51
The Lonely Mountains song that plays at the credits gives me goosebumps.

Ah! How the clinking of Dwarven hammers kindles a fire in my heart!!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2013 01:09
Edit~~~~I have taken down the 27 verse version of Misty Mountains Cold sung by Shadowca7 that I posted. It was too personal for me to leave it here.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2013 10:08
I like the "blunt the knives and bend the forks" one. It is so funny. It kind of reminds me of work, in a way. Especially "splash the wine on every door" I have seen this basically. Sometimes people on vacation have a little too much and drip on a lot of things.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Aerena100
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2013 10:14
The Lonely Mountain song is amazing, I agree. I've gone an memorized it all the way through. And Lindarielwen, what a great song! Gives me chills listening to it.
~ Golden eye, fiery scale, a drake of flame guards your mountain, and spells your doom ~ ~ Heirs of Durin, reclaim your throne. Send the beast to his watery tomb ~
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2013 10:30
Aerena100, thank you for listening to the song I posted. I have since taken it down.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2013 10:35
I hope we will hear more of Misty Mountains Cold in the remaining two movies. Maybe it will be the credit song at the end of There and Back Again.
Cillendor
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2013 02:48
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME5urFBf0kk
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2013 09:39
Oh, you posted this version of Misty Mountains Cold. I also posted it but took it down. This song is very special to me.
Cillendor
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2013 01:24
Oh why did you take it down? I just came across this thread for the first time and didn't realize it had already been shared.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email