Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Post Which character would you like to meet ?
on: February 12, 2013 05:55
Out of any of the books which character would you like to meet?
Ironfoot
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Which character would you like to meet ?
on: February 12, 2013 06:38
Tom Bombadil, without question.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2013 09:40
I can't pick just one!
Legolas because he's the first characer I really connected with and related to a lot. He's the kind of brother I would want.
Elrond because if he were real, I would really like to tell him how much his story has encouraged me. He is such a great literary example of Godly character.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2013 11:44
My choice will be a character from The Silmarillion. Because of my deep love for all things that grow, I would like to meet Yavanna. A tree near my home was severely mutilated and it caused me great sadness as the killing of Telperion and Laurelin did Yavanna.

Lord_Sauron, which character from any book would you like to meet?
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Ironfoot
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2013 12:44
Now that I think about it I might pick Durin I or Aule the Smith...
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: February 13, 2013 01:33
Yes, Aule would be interesting. He makes mistakes, admits it and is forgiven. Has anyone spotted that when Eru gives life to the Dwarves despite Aule's misdemenour, Aule must have known he was loved? For a Vala, he's pretty human really.
ShieldMaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2013 12:17
Gandalf. He could sit in our garden smoking and tell us stories. For a whole day. And then do some fireworks for us too...
Ironfoot
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2013 01:44
Quote from cirdaneth on February 13, 2013, 23:33Has anyone spotted that when Eru gives life to the Dwarves despite Aule's misdemenour, Aule must have known he was loved? For a Vala, he's pretty human really.

Yes! That is the very reason that the chapter in the Silmarillion that depicts Aule's creation is my favorite. It is such a provocative story of forgiveness and definitely shows the love the Vala and Eru have for each other. Aule really cared for the Dwarves in a very father-like manner.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2013 08:14
I would also like to meet Varda and talk to her about the constellations. I so love the stars.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Galadhwen Cotume
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2013 03:13
Luthien. Definitely Luthien. She was pretty tough. Not many people, Elf or otherwise, could pretty much single-handedly ruin Sauron's millenium the way she did.
fra.pip.merry
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2013 04:16
I'd like to meet Merry and Pippin
Eusonia
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2013 11:14
Bombadill or Sam
I miss you. I miss you both. I miss you every week, ever day, every hour, every minute. Every second I shatter once more under the weight I have to carry. My heart bleeds afresh from this old wound.
Glorfindel of Rivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2013 03:25
I've always been an elf lover, and I think if I could meet any of the characters I would be most interested in Maglor and Maedhros, especially Maglor. Non-elf wise, I think I would love to meet Tom Bombadil. He's such a fascinating and curious character.
Cillendor
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2013 12:41
The red-blooded, 23-year-old male in me would say Luthien, but I have nothing on Beren, so I wouldn't even have a chance.

Otherwise, probably a Hobbit. I need help in building myself a hobbit home and learning how to garden properly.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2013 05:43
Also Thranduil, the "why" is a long story though.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
jakalova
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2013 07:02
I would probably spend much time at the tavern of a Dwarven Hall. Good food, good beer and good company. If one in particular I would like to meet it would be Balin, he is old and full of wisdom.
jroberts694
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2013 02:24
Have to choose Aragon. Who doesn't want to be the hero who comes back to claim the throne?
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
on: April 17, 2013 07:23
After long chats over a mug of ale with Frodo and Sam, I'd want to spend time with Treebeard, riding on his shoulder as he strides through Fangorn, hooming and booming. I bet he'd have many tales to tell and songs to sing.
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2013 07:54
Tom Bombadil, without question.

I want to meet him!!! Along with Goldberry, the Fellowship, Gandalf, the elves...pretty much all the good guys from LotR and The Hobbit.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
It's really hard to say who I'd like to meet. I'd instantly say any Elf, but I think in their presence I would be constantly aware of how un-awesome I am compared to them. With that in mind, I've decided I would love to meet Gandalf the most. He seems to be the voice of reason in many circumstances throughout the movies, and has a gift for making wise decisions in tough situations in a pinch. He also has a talent for bringing out those awesomely wise sayings that make the other characters shut up for a minute to take a second thought at what they've just said. I would willingly listen to his stories for hours. I would also like to ask him about the things going on in our world today, and would love to hear some of his opinions. But that's just me
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
I'm all for the man/elf love, so I would definitely go for meeting Luthien Tinuviel Before she met beren lol. And she would say "Who art thou?" And I would be like, "Uh, ga la uh..." as my tongue fails me in the presence of the most beautiful creature in the world. Just a thought...or a daydream lol
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
Eomer. Hands down. Then possibly Aragorn. But I'd have to go with the horse lord. Horses-no question. lol!
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
cirdaneth
Send Message
I'd like to meet Legolas of Gondolin to see whether he is the same as LotR Legolas.
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
Thats a great idea cirdaneth. I've often wondered if they were alike. Or even related.
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Oh there's a bit more to it than that LegolasXXXXX. Check out this thread, and the associated antithesis thread.
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
Ty tarcolan
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I would like to meet Glorfindel, as he isn't in the film, so I could see what he was like. I would also quite like to meet Pippin or Eowyn. Or even Treebeard, so I could say that for once when I talked to a tree, it talked back!
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Ninimgwend
Council Member
Send Message
Post The Bear King.
on: July 02, 2013 11:47
I was really disappointed when the Hobbit movies did not include the Bear king that helps the dwarfs and Bilbo before they go into Mirkwood in the books. The way JRRT describes him he(the bear king) seems like a pretty rad dude and he really is a big part of the book. After all he gives them directions and supplies after they lose everything in "the frying pan".
Vana Realm <3
cirdaneth
Send Message
But they do, Ninimgwend! Bjorn is scheduled to turn up at the start of the second movie, so do not despair.
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Do you mean the tennis player cirdaneth? So no Beorn before Mirkwood? Well that's no good is it. Little bunny won't be getting fatter on bread and honey then. He is an unique character in Tolkien though, I should think it would be quite tricky to get a meeting with him.

Treebeard is no tree, wolfbladequeen, he is an Ent. And anyway how do you know that trees don't talk back?
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
"Tree ? I am no tree, I am an Ent”
cirdaneth
Send Message
Thank you Tarcolan. I too believe that trees are sentient at some level. As for Beorn, the Company visits him immediately after the eagles rescue them from the orcs and wargs, so Gandalf's high cholesterol diet should make an appearance shortly.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Since I'm a committed member of the Corrupted Faction in the Realm of Vairë the Weaver, I would love to meet Melkor/Morgoth. Maybe the Big Guy would give me a promotion.
Bartimaeus
Council Member
Send Message
I love Morgoth! Or I'd like to meet Gollum, or Bilbo
Eruanna elven
Council Member
Send Message
Hmm... I could not pick just one, I'm stuck to elves, (they are plain awesome) and I'd also like to meet goldberry. *blushes*
Water, ice, and air, these are the elements I understand. What's your element? -Eruanna
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email