Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Post How long have you been here at CoE?
on: June 21, 2013 11:59
This thread is pretty obvious to explain: how long have ya been here?
I think I joined sometime at the end of January, so I am somewhat of a newcomer here. But I know there are some of us who have been here for years!
So what about you?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I have been here since October or November of 2012, I don't remember which. So I have been here for about seven or eight months. Wow. I can hardly remember not being on CoE.

[Edited on 06/21/2013 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
I've been here about 8 1/2 years.
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I joined on March 3, 2006 so I have been here a little over 7 years. Seven very good years...
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
I've been here since 2005, so over 8 years.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
hmm...lets see. maybe from October 2012? i am not really sure! lol. how do u find out the date u joined
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Not sure! Maybe on the members list?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, hover your mouse over "Community" then click on "Members List" and there is a search bar where you type in you username and it will come up with it. It hasn't been working for me, but it may work for other people. One way to find out.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
I've been here since this past December! 7 Months Already!!
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Hmmmmm...... I think it's been 2/3 months YEAH!!!
"A sprinter learning to wait."
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
About 6 and a half months for me! It feels longer than that, until I see you guys have been here for 6 and 8 YEARS.
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Haha! It goes fast!
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Since December 2004 so 8 1/2 years. Doesn't seem that long.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I can't believe how long some of you have been here!!!!! For those of you who have been here for eight or so years, did you help to found the site?
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Well, I can't find a way to remember the year I joined. I know it was some time ago in December. How can I find it?
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Ah, that is the wondrous mystery of COE. You can't.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
You can, actually. If you go to "Community" and click on "Member's List", there's a search bar there where you can type in your username. It hasn't been working for me lately, but maybe it's just my computer or something.

As for me, my brother was a member of this site for a while, and he told us (one of my sisters and I) account it, and we both got an account. I do so love it here!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
lotrelesser was the one who told me, although I'd been using CoE for awhile because of the Sindarin resources.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Oh I really wanted to know the year! I just can't remember! I tried that way Mareth but I can't really pass the first page.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Maybe they changed it or something...it use to work. :/
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Hm. I tried it not too long ago and it did. Perhaps its your browser, Ella?
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Since January I think. Not that long, but I spend a lot of time here.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
Having issues with the Member's List. Admins aware and will try to get it fixed as soon as possible. Sorry about that.
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
about 10 years
Aerena100
Council Member
Send Message
My first post on here was at the beginning of 2011, but I had been ghosting the site for about a year before that. It really doesn't seem like it ought to be three years....
~ Golden eye, fiery scale, a drake of flame guards your mountain, and spells your doom ~ ~ Heirs of Durin, reclaim your throne. Send the beast to his watery tomb ~
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I was ghosting for a little before I joined too! And that was wayyyyyy back when
Nessa Sindanarie
Council Member
Send Message
I've been here for 2 years and have talked with some amazing people who share my passions, it's been a great two years for me xx
''I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!'' - Bilbo Baggins of Bag End
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
I've been a member for about 3 weeks.
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
oh man... way back... when those movies came out.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
I still have my welcome e-mail, so I can pinpoit it exactly:
27 November 2013 ...
... just over three weeks? seems longer
... guess it's the feeling-at-home bit

[Edited on 12/20/2013 by Gandolorin]
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I have been here since the end of June... so about six months, maybe? Seven? Something like that.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
About a year ago.
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
Since 2005.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Long enough so that all the crazy people are starting to affect my sanity.

Nearly a year.
LightElfRowena
Council Member
Send Message
I haven't been here for a long time. But in general, i've been a member since 07 I think
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email