Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
I think they could pass around the mountains Linda. I nearly forgot that detail.
We should try to advice everyone when we know we're not coming for a while so we know how to do. We proceed but with no much interaction so our characters don't do anything they wouldn't.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Come to think of it, will we be going to Moria while it is still alive with dwarves and activity? If so, then perhaps the horses would just go in with us. We would not go the same way as the Fellowship so maybe there will be easy passage for the horses.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
You are right but there are only two gates to Moria so we need to go the same way as the Fellowship. It's not hard for anyone since there are dwarves guarding the passage. We only need to be careful on the narrow paths.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
OK guys, Bereth has asked me to not make the necklace such a big deal. so i am not going to mention it as much. she said if we dont stop she might have to shut the tread down. i don't understand it, but if that is what they say, then that is what we have to do. i mean i dont think that she wants the necklace to be non-existent, but she doesn't want it do be a big deal. make sense
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Okay, let us move on. Go make up with Adien and help us plan our journey to Moria. Talk to Adonnenniel, she is worried about you. Play with the elves...
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
yeah not gonna happen adien and iellwen are going to make up, but in a LONG LONG while
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
Folks,

Please be cautious about your use of language in your posts. You are in the world of Tolkien, not in modern day (See "One rule to rule them all". A couple of examples:

“You seem out of it?”

I thought she was just messing about..

“….to mess with”

I'm pretty sure these were not in common usage in JRRT's world. Just saying.... Otherwise, your storyline is interesting and we're watching to see where you all decide you're going.

Enjoy and carry on!
BerethEdhellen,
RPG Moderator
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you for leting us know about it.
I have to apologize because I read Tolkien in portuguese and I'm not used to his language. I better do some research then
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Hullo all! I have decided to join this RP. I hope you will all have me! The following post will be the character I will be using; I hope to have a great deal of fun with you all in the future.
The sky is afire with wroth, and the rivers are red with blood.
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass
Race: Elf
Height: 6' 3''
Location: Roams Middle-Earth stopping frequently at Imladris Lothlorien and Mirkwood

Weapons: A bow made in Valinor by Aulë himself and a ring of power wrought as a companion to the Silmarils, and kept a secret since its making.

Personality: Despite the many horrors that he has seen he maintains a good capacity for laughter. He is slow to trust but once you have gained his loyalty he will give his life in defense of yours without a second thought. He is relentless in his pursuit of evil and will not rest until every creation of Melkor is utterly destroyed. He is fonder of the star's light than most elves, always longing for the days when Arda's only light was that of the stars.

Appearance: He has fair skin, golden hair, strong build, solemn face with eyes that can pierce your mind and heart, and a large scar on his back left by a Balrog that he slew.

History:
Thurinlass was one of the first elves to awaken, He went to Valinor were he leaned everything he could from the Valar. He even helped Aulë forge a necklace, a winged sword, forged of many fair metals. He was gifted a ring that had incredible power and light in it by Fëanor son of Finwë, his best friend. When the Noldor rebelled he remained faithful to the Valar, but in secret he vowed fealty to the house of Fëanor. He remained in Valinor but only for a little while. He soon departed on a quest to cast down the iron crown of Melkor, but by a cruel trick of fate he arrived only just soon enough to see his master and friend slain by Gothmog, the Lord of the Valarukar, or Balrogs. Not much is know of him after his departure but it is rumored that he killed three Balrogs, in retribution for the death of Fëanor, and know that he at least killed one. During the third age and the War of the Ring he would roam constantly hither and thither bringing tidings to the Elven lords and on occasion some of the Istari. He would kill as many orcs and fell creatures he could. It is rumored that in the first age Thurinlass challenged Sauron to single combat and would have won if it weren’t for Sauron calling upon Balrogs and werewolves and other foul and hideous beast to defend him.
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
O, and is attire is a light materiel undershirt, heave pants, boots (O yes, boots on an elf, I know, I know, very odd) a medium over shirt, a heavy hooded cloak (The hood is almost always up) thick gloves, and a mask that covers the bottom half of his face. All of this is a dark shade of grey, close to black.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to Crossed Paths, Mr.Panda39, you certainly have your character very well thought out.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Hi Mr.Panda39! *waves* Nice description!
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome! I can't wait for you to join us! You can join our group in Lórien where we currently are since we are staying there for a while to resolve some things.
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
"...a long bow, crafted of silver and set with many gems, it glowed palely in the dim room. The front of the bow had a blade set on it. The blade ran down the entire front of the bow, curving outward where one’s hand would be set. With it was an ornate quiver of fine leather, embroidered in gold, it was filled with arrows with eagle feather fletchings and shafts of silver. " ---Taken from the fanfic I am working on. The bow is strung with the purest Mithril.

[Edited on 09/13/2013 by Mr.Panda39]
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
We're about to leave Lórien (I mean, we must leave soon, I guess). Linda, where does Linriel want to go? How about Iellwen, Legolas?

I don't know about the others will... Ella wans to go to the White Mountains...

[Edited on 09/14/2013 by Ella]
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel will follow Iellwen, wherever she decides to go.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Meri and Beri will follow their friends. They just want to help them and explore Middle Earth!
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
I have one question which is essencial for the course of our RP. Sauron had already been defeated? Or we're just before or in the time of the War of the Ring? It's essencial to discuss these details.

In my opinion, it is better that Sauron was already defeated so this RPG can come to an end (and so Ella can countinue wandering with the group. If it's in the War of the Ring she'll be called to the battle of Erebor and the King Under the Mountain cannot be her beloved's father)

Since Iellwen was taken to Mordor, Sauron must've been alive near in time (maybe he fell about two years ago)

It would be easier to happen already on the Fourth Age, to have some basis on our story. And of course, this RP could end when all our goals are completed.

[Edited on 09/15/2013 by Ella]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Since Bildarion has been "found" Linriel's quest is over. Bildarion wants to go into the West so either Linriel goes with him or she stays in Middle-earth and he leaves without her. I think she stays in Middle-earth. She will be free to help Ella find the axe if you want to keep going with this.

Whatever time frame is fine with me, Ella. Fourth Age it is.
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
I don't quite think we should do the 4th age. Seeing as how Galadriel would be gone (especially 2 years after) and Mordor would be basically cleansed already since King Ellesar would have been pretty ruthless about that part. Also it is good to have some driving force behind the evil they face. As for being called away, messengers died on roads quite often if you catch my meaning. lastly, the RPG can end, people did have normal lives during the War of The Ring, and those of us who don't, can end it (If they so choose) By bowing out and going to fight for their people.

[Edited on 09/15/2013 by Mr.Panda39]
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, I think it should be earlier. I have always thought Adonnenniel would remain in Middle Earth for many more years after this storyline, like, through this adventure and finding her niece she overcomes many of the wounds from her past and goes on to use her experiences to serve others.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, you're quite right. Galadriel only left some years later and evil even if not by Sauron will always remain... But I think you're right. If it's earlier enough so we can resolve our quests before the end it's okay for me.
Earlier it is.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Also, there is the question of Moria. We need it be at a time when it is still inhabited by dwarves.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Some years before the War of the Ring and after the reclaim of Erebor, Balin along with several others went to claim it. So I think it is before the Balrog had awaken.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
i am tying to decide if iellwen will go to mordor or not. i think she should!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel will no longer be with Biladarion. I was going to send him into the West but then he won't be able to come back so I have to figure out where to send him. Ideas?
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
@Legolas23--I don't think so!
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
@Legolas23--I don't think so!
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Noesies! She shouldn'tses, precious, she shouldn'tses. She should come with the otherses!
Maybe he just goeses to Rivendell, where the sneaky elveses is.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Mr.Panda39 has left word that he needs a break to tend with RL for a bit.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
he is having a rough time right now, so he should not be back for a while i dont think
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Where are all of you? Linda and I have been on and I saw Wolf but she did not post. Huldah i believe is having issues logging in. I have been too. :/ I have not seen Ella at all. Where did you guys go???
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Seems like it is just us at this time, Legolas23. I think we can make it work for now.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
I'm here, still no Internet at home, I don't think it will be back anytime soon, something is different. I'll post when I can.
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email