Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First3940414243Last >>
Author Topic:
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Aye it is rare." Harn said standing up.
At that moment Linriel rounded the bend
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel turned to see her friend come towards them. The maid still carried a happy glow, and the smile on her face was wider than Eleniel had ever seen.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
"Ah, my friends, I am glad to have found you." Linriel looked about, never ceasing to take joy in the beauty of Lorien. Stars shone brightly through the trees causing the maiden to think of the delight Thurinlass must have felt when his eyes first beheld them.

The two looked at her, questions on their faces. She smiled and said, "You wonder about my friend who made quite the dramatic entrance." Linriel paused and gave thought. "He is Thurinlass, one whom I met some time ago here, right here, in Lorien."

She turned to Eleniel. "Eleniel, he helped save your father's life. I was here, sitting around a fire with those who used to travel with me." She thought then, of Ella, Fili, Adonnenneil, and Iellwen. "Thurinlass joined us and we sang and made joyful music when a noise was heard in the woods. Thurinlass rose quickly and ran into the trees. He came back carrying a badly injured Bildarion." Linriel grew quiet as she remembered seeing Bildarion, bruised, bleeding and needing immediate care. "Your father was carried to the healing flet where Maldor used his great skill to bring Bildarion back from the edge of death. Thurinlass has great skill himself and your father's life was spared." Linriel shook the other thoughts from her mind. Thoughts that still caused her pain. "Your father and I were betrothed at that time. It ended shortly thereafter."

Linriel moved amongst the trees as she continued. "Your father regained his health and left again, never giving me a fair explanation as to what drove him on the course of his actions. He spoke of it with Galadriel but never to me." The maiden bowed her head. "I knew then, that I could not marry him. He left, Thurinlass stayed. He traveled with our company for some time. We fought side by side, as we helped one of our party fulfill a quest to regain custody of her fallen husband's axe."

Linriel continued. "I was injured in battle and lay fallen on the ground for some time. Your father, hidden in the trees, was keeping watch over me and he came and took me to safety. Thurinlass thought Orcs had taken me and he searched for me, finding me with your father. Thruinlass drew his bow against your father before he realized it was the Elf he helped save in Lorien. Bildarion was leaving once again, entrusting my care to that of Thurinlass. Your father left and shortly thereafter, Thurinlass was called away." She remembered the eyes of the stately Elf as he bid her farewell.

"You know the rest for soon thereafter you dropped from a tree." Linriel finished with a smile. Harn sat and listened to all this. Seems complicated to me he thought.

"Eleneil, Harn, let us walk amid the trees on this beautiful night." Linriel said to her companions.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"Eleniel, he helped save your father's life. I was here, sitting around a fire with those who used to travel with me.Thurinlass joined us and we sang and made joyful music when a noise was heard in the woods. Thurinlass rose quickly and ran into the trees. He came back carrying a badly injured Bildarion. Your father was carried to the healing flet where Maldor used his great skill to bring Bildarion back from the edge of death. Thurinlass has great skill himself and your father's life was spared.Your father and I were betrothed at that time. It ended shortly thereafter," Linriel said quietly.

Eleniel nodded. She had thought as much, and somehow even had an inkling of her father's wounds. But one thing she did not know: the nature of Linriel's and Bildarion's separation.

"Eleniel, Harn, let us walk amid the trees on this beautiful night."Linriel began to stride forward, and Harn and Eleniel moved quickly to catch up.

"I would like to meet him, the one who saved my father's life," Eleniel began.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass, having finished his talk with Galadriel walked, or rather meandered, towards where he had been told Linriel had removed to. He was deep in thought, mulling over all that was said and left unsaid, and what it entailed for him. His thought strayed to the Elder days. The woods of Lothlorien always brought this to mind. As he walked in mused Linriel was busy telling a much abbreviated tale of their time together.

After a few minutes Thurinlass came to the company just as Eleniel declared that she wished to meet the one who had saved her father. Thurinlass guessed that he was this one, but who was this elf's father? He waited for a few moments then stepped forward, "Surely I can do this, yet speak." He said kindly, "For I mean to boast not but I have saved the lives of many an elf, though few of these were fair enough to produce a child with such beauty as you posses." He paused for a moment, his kind gaze resting gently on the maid's face. "But here I have told you 'Pray tell' yet I myself will not end my speech, so please, tell who it is that you call ada?" He ended
The sky is afire with wroth, and the rivers are red with blood.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel could not help but smile at the kind words Thurinlass said to Eleniel. He is always so considerate she thought.

Looking around, Linriel found a tree root to sit upon. Her eyes twinkled merrily as she wondered how Thurinlass will react when he finds out that the father of Eleniel is none other than Bildarion.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
As Linriel was about to reply, out of the trees stepped another figure; Thurinlass, back from his conversation with the Lady of Light.

"Surely I can do this, yet speak." He said kindly, "For I mean to boast not but I have saved the lives of many an elf, though few of these were fair enough to produce a child with such beauty as you posses,but here I have told you 'Pray tell' yet I myself will not end my speech, so please, tell who it is that you call ada?"

"My father is the one called Bildarion," Eleniel answered. "And my friend Linriel tells me that it is by your hand that he has lived."
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass smiled warmly at Eleniel, "Ah, so I perceived rightly. For when I first beheld your Bildarion I marked him in my mind as a father, and now by some will higher than ours I have met his daughter." He paused to ponder this and test it against what Galadriel had said to him. After a moment he began again, "Yea and nay. For whilst my hand did play a part in the rescue of your father, it was not my had alone that saved him, many others lent their craft and skill. Therefore I cannot solely take credit for that feat." Thurinlass bowed slightly to her in a polite fashion.

Thurinlass then turned to the man, Harn as Linriel had called him, "What of you, Edain?" He asked, "I have been told of you, but naught from you. Will you not at the least rise and make me acquainted with you?" Thurinlass had forgotten that even while he asked this he wore both his hood and mask.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel felt relief at Thurinlass' praise. "The I suppose I should begin to regard you as a brother. My father remains in Mirkwood, in good health, as an ambassador to the King."
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn stood up, unsure how to address this Elf lord.
"Harn sir," he said bowing slightly. "And yourself?" he asked.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass smiled at Harn and bowed low, "I am called Thurinlass, Eruion." He said in a proper fashion. Then he remembered the way he was girt, "Ah, yes I suppose it would do no harm for you all to see me." He said. He pulled down his mask to reveal the rest of his stern yet fair face and threw back his hood. His golden hair cascaded over his shoulders, fair yet unkempt. His eyes, which seemed to shimmer both silver and gold, though much more silver than gold, searched each of them, with casual interest, all but Linriel. He smiled again and this time all could see his joy. Yet though he smiled if one looked carefully they would see many lines of care on an ageless yet worn face.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel sat on the tree root and watched with interest how Thurinlass reacted when he found out that Eleniel was the daughter of Bildarion. She noticed he gave some thought to the matter but kept those thoughts to himself. He is so unlike any Elf I have known

Harn stood to greet Thruinlass and seemed a bit hesitant to speak to the newcomer. Harn will learn that he is among friends here

She watched as Thurinlass drew back his hood, letting his hair fall past his shoulders. He removed the mask from his aristocratic face and Linriel, once more, beheld the eyes she so longed to see again.

He looked at Eleniel and Harn but then turned to Linriel. He smiled at her and the smile she gave back to him was as bright as the sun.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
It was impossible for one not to see the kindred spirit between Linriel and Thurinlass. Eleniel knew she was among old friends, and didn't know how to behave.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Merilwen's head hurt from the attempt to read the scrolls, so she set them aside and rubbed her forehead. She thought of those who had been with them the first time they had come as a group to Lothlorien. She wondered where Iellwen's path had led her, and hoped that Adien was with her. She wondered what Adonnenniel and Ella were doing now... and suddenly she remembered someone she had not thought of for a very long time. Someone who had been there in the inn where the adventure had started, but who had not accompanied them. She remembered that she had said that she had been recalled to Lorien... perhaps she would find her here. She would seek out the Lady Galadriel and ask her what had become of the elf Himwen.

Beriadanwen thought also of seeking out the Lady Galadriel, to ask of the mice, but instead mischief crept into her mind. The traveling had left her tired, and the stillness of the woods had subdued her, but she was still a child, and she wanted to play! She wanted to play a prank of some of the elves of that realm. She knew that perhaps this was unwise, as elves had longer memories than humans and were able to hold grudges for far longer, but now it did not matter to her whether she should be banished from every city and every town for her tricks; she needed no home, only to travel with her friends. One day when she was older, and not necessarily wiser, but at least of a different, more serious frame of mind, she would apologise to those she had offended and attempt to make peace, but not now! Now she was young and free and had a playful spirit. Now she wanted to laugh and to make others laugh with her. So she searched instead for Meri.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurilass smiled and some time went by. He searched each face intently once more until he got to Linriel's. There his gaze rested for some time, but it seemed not to be seeing what is now, but searching for something lost, then presently he spoke, "Where are the twins?" He asked. He had remembered them suddenly and now longed to see them. They were always such a great joy to his heart and Linriel had said they remained yet in Lorien. He remembered their laughs and they way they would frolic and play, even only hours after being attacked. "I would very much like to see them." He added once he woke from his thought.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel smiled tenderly as she thought of the two cousins. She thought how delightful Merilwen and Beriadanwen are and how they must be no doubt looking for some mischief. The pig!

"Thurinlass, all I know is that they are somewhere here in the Golden Wood. I think they will seek us out when they are ready to be found." Linriel looked about. The leaves on the trees were being moved by a faint breeze. She saw birds flying from branch to branch and several hawks were gliding in the sky, letting the wind carry them as it willed. Quite a few small animals were scampering among the dried leaves.

The tree root was getting uncomfortable so Linriel stood up. Her hair was not in a plait and the wind caught it, making the shimmering tresses fall across her face. She laughed as she pushed it back and then looked at Thurinlass. "Meldanya, perhaps you would like to look for Meri and Beri. We might hear their laughter amidst the trees."

The Elf maiden turned to Eleniel and Harn. "Let us look for our friends."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message

[Edited on 10/21/2014 by Lindarielwen]
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Meri was walking through the trees, looking for the Lady Galadriel, when something - or someone - barreled into her, knocking her to the ground. She lifted her long, now-filthy blonde hair from her face, and saw that it was Beri who had knocked her over. She tried to scowl, but a smile rose unbidden to her face, and she pushed her cousin off her, then splashed her with the water from a small puddle. Beri yelped and tried to stand up, but Meri held her ankles so that she could not do so. Then Meri stood up, and grabbed Beri's wrists so that she could pull her up, but Beri pulled her down instead.

Beri then whispered her plan into Meri's ear, and the two of them made their way to one of the flets near the edge of Caras Galadhon. They knew it belonged to a male elf who was full-grown but still fairly young, and they knew that he did not spend his days in his flet, so he was the perfect target for this prank and hopefully would not be too angry. They stepped inside and were glad to see that, as they had counted on and in the fashion of most Lothlorien elves, the flet was furnished with only the bare necessities. There was a beautifully carved chair, and a more simple one as well. This second chair they placed in front of the only other piece of furniture in that room, a small table. Then they brought out a bowl filled with a glue-like paste, and smeared it on the feet of the chair. It would easily dissolve in hot water, leaving no lasting damage, but was enough to make the elf panic when their chair would not move.

Then the mischievous cousins moved on to the next flet. It was owned by a young elf-maid, who was respected for her wisdom and calmness, but who also, unbeknownst to most, enjoyed a good laugh as much as any child would. They placed an large open box of small clay beads against the inside of the door of a cupboard, so that when opened, the beads would spill out onto the floor. They also used a little glue paste to stick a non-poisonous toadstool onto the roof above the cooking pot, so that in a few hours, when it would be the time for preparing meals and the pot would probably be in use, the toadstool would unstick and drop down into it.

Then they moved onto the third and last flet for that day. It belonged to an older elf-maid. The cousins knew that she prided herself on spotlessness and organisation, so they swapped about the contents of her cupboards and also swapped the labels on them, adding in a few bottles that they had filled with earth or dried flowers for added confusion.

Their work done for that day, they ran to the other side of Caras Galadhon and climbed the trees there. They did not have flet of their own, though they could have been granted one if they had wished, because the Lady of these woods knew that they would not consent to sleep inside, but would rather sleep in the trees. Neither did they have luggage that they would store in such a flet. The disadvantage of this, however, was that none of their companions would know where to find them, and would instead have to search for them or wait to be found.

[Edited on 10/21/2014 by wolfbladequeen]
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn followed Liriel, Thurinlass, and Eleniel as they walked, no glided, over the green grass. The warm sun peeked through the canopy of leaves illuminating the Elves faces as they talked and laughed. Lost in the world of his own thoughts, Harn wandered away from the merry group. He didn't know where he went but suddenly he was close to the border of Lothlorien, and some sort of path. Suddenly he was pulled up into the branches of one of the trees.
"Shush human," a golden-headed Elf hissed in his ear.
Then there was a loud racket, and then a most horrific sight. A large band of orcs ran down the path.
"They were hunting for something, or someone." the Elf said troubled. "We must warn the Lady. What were you doing so far away human?"
"I don't know," Harn admitted.
He was too shocked, what was evil doing in such a place as this?
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel was deep in thought as they strolled through the woods. Something Thurinlass said to Eleniel caused her to wonder. Thurinlass told the maid that he marked Bildarion in his mind as a father. He knew Bildarion was a father, had a family, but he said not a word of this to me Linriel looked at the strong profile of Thurinlass. He knew, but did not tell me. Well, perhaps it was something I needed to find out for myself.

They continued on, when suddenly a flock of birds flew wildly above the trees. Linriel instinctively reached for her sword but realized she did not have the mighty weapon. My sword! It is with my pack in my flet! Her hand touched the top of her dagger she kept within her boot.

She shrugged. Birds are always flying about.
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass walked with them in silent for some time. Harn had slipped away, yet the messenger paid no mind, thinking to himself that Harn had merely lost himself in thought. Eleniel and Linriel walked with him in silent thought. Their footfalls were soft and graceful, Thurinlass' however were somewhat heavier, though still silent. At whiles Linriel looked over at Thurinlass. After some birds flew about Thurinlass, guessing, or more, understanding her thought simply said unbidden, "It was not my place to tell you Linriel." And then after another pause he added, "Though I do not think that even if I said something to you, you would have believed me ere you beheld it with your own eyes. The bitter heart oft pushes truth aside." As he finished the birds darted from one tree to another once more. This stirred something in Thurinlass' mind, though he knew not what.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel looked at Thurinlass. He knew what I wanted to ask him. She glanced at Eleniel who was gathering some plants. She did not want the maid to hear her words. "You speak correctly, my friend. I had to find out for myself that Bildarion was keeping secrets from me. How could he not tell me he had a family? What reason could he have for keeping such a matter from me? Far too many things I knew not. If there was even a slight chance of a reconciliation, that hope was dashed in Mirkwood. There will never be a future for us." Linriel shook her head. "Too much time, too many years have passed. All of it, a lie."

Gusts of wind were now moving the heavy boughs of the trees. It seemed to get a little darker even though the sun was high above. Linriel looked around, finally realizing that Harn was not with them. "Where has Harn run off to?" Linriel said to no one in particular. Several Hawks screeched high above.

Eleniel stopped gathering plants and joined Thurinlass and Linriel. The three stood quietly, listening.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
In her forgings, Eleniel noticed a plant with small cream flowers. Inquisitive, she gathered them and placed them into her pack. She would ask Maldor about them when they returned. Perhaps they held some sort of healing property. In truth, however, she was waiting for Linriel and Thurinlass to finish speaking. So many things had passed between them, so many years: she couldn't intrude in their private conversations.

As she wandered back to stand with them, her thoughts slipped to Mirkwood, to her father, her friends Legolas,Tauriel and Tumion, and to her King.How did they fare? What transpired in Mirkwood after they had taken their leave?
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn left the Elves and made his way back to his companions. His young heart was troubled at the sudden appearance of orcs. At last he found them.
"Linriel, Eleniel, Thurinlass," he panted, "there is danger in the woods. Orcs have been seen at the borders!"
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass' brow creased. He thought the birds seemed troubled, and a shadow had passed over his heart. But he did not show any outward signs of concern, if one of them panicked the whole group could be thrown into chaos. He turned and look a very concerned Harn in the eye with a calm face. He listed and heard nothing, which comforted him. Orcs were not generally fans of stealth, and preferred to make a racket when they planned to attack so he knew they were not headed this way. However that left a very concerning question, where were they headed? Certainly not to Caras Galadhon, but were? Thurinlass pondered this, but none too long. With a calm voice he said to Harn, "It was a deed of friendship that you should warn us, but in doing so you have come farther from the city. Your first errand should have been to the lady, but I will excuse this and think no more of it for it was a mistake made with love and good will." He turned to Eleniel, "Go with Harn to warn the Lady, quick as you may." He instructed, for indeed it was no order, but an instruction. Then he turned to Linriel, "Now above all things I desire to see Merilwen and Berilwen." He said, "For it would cause me grief unbearable if something were to happen to the two most joyful elves I had ever met. Take me to their dwelling as fast as you can!" Thurinlass tighten his quiver on his back.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
'Harn, did you see the orcs? How many were there?" asked Linriel. "Yes, it would be wise to inform Galadriel of this."

Linriel turned to Thurinlass with a sigh. "Those two dear ones have no flet here. They sleep wherever they please, high in a tree, under leaves on the ground or anywhere that delights them." The maiden looked to the trees high above before she spoke again. "They might have found refuge deeper into the woods."

[Edited on 10/25/2014 by Lindarielwen]
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
The cousins were worried. There was something, some warning on the wind or whisper sent by the trees, that made them and all the elves they passed uneasy. They tried to console themselves with the thought that if there was trouble the Lady Galadriel would surely know of it, but they could not shake off that feeling of anxiety. They realised that they had not seen any of the others for the whole day, and wished to find them, but they did not know where to look. They were now some way away from Caras Galadhon, but going back would not help them, as they had seen no sign of them in that city, if something so natural could be called a city. They decided to stay where they were and hope that if there was trouble, word would come to them, or the others might find them. After all, if they wandered through the trees aimlessly they might never find their friends, and their friends might find where they were but not them.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"Go with Harn to warn the Lady, quick as you may," Thurinlass commanded Eleniel and Harn. Quickly, Eleniel turned and grabbed Harn's hand. "The stables," She said. "We can ride more quickly than we can walk!"
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass and Linriel looked quickly all about the woods. Searching from tree to tree and all about the valleys. They looked none too long before they came to an alcove hemmed in on all side by trees. The came suddenly into it and light poured in unhindered by leaves. There, more or less in the center of the natural alcove were two shorter, or rather, smaller elves. If the situation would have been different Thurinlass would have laughed and perhaps dumped some leaves on them. However this time without so much of a smile, but many thoughts for their safety, he said, "Meri! Beri! Come with me. Yes I am returned now come with me, I will explain within the gates of Caras Galadhon, or at the least within the inner marches of Lothlorien, now come!"
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel breathed a sigh of relief at the sight of Meri and Beri. There was no time for greetings or pleasantries, they had to hurry back to Caras Galadhon posthaste.

"Come, dear ones, we must hasten." Linriel added to the bidding of Thurinlass.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"But..." Harn began before he was dragged away.
The other Elves, to his knowledge, had gone to warn the Lady. Now Eleniel was dragging him to the Lady.
"The stables," Eleniel said. "We can ride more quickly than we can walk!"
Sighing he vaulted onto Ithil's back. Hopefully they would beat the other Elves and not make fools of themselves. Eleniel looked uncertain at the rows of horses.
"Why not ride that one," he asked pointing to the horse Eleniel had bonded with earlier.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Meri whipped around as Thurinlass called to them. "Thurinlass!" she exclaimed, but her questions were forestalled."
"I will explain within the gates of Caras Galadhon," Thurinlass said, or at the least within the inner marches of Lothlorien."
By this and by the guarded expressions of Thurinlass and Linriel's faces, she knew that something was indeed wrong. They walked quickly back to the elf city, the two cousins occasionally jogging to keep up with the long strides of the older elves. Meri wanted to ask what had worried them so, but knew that this was not the time for idle chatter.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"I will have to," Eleniel said in response to Harn. There was no time for a saddle, and she had not one, regardless. She gripped the horses mane as hard as she dared and pulled herself upward.

"You will just need to trust me," Eleniel said softly, patting the horses's smooth mane.
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
They walked quickly towards the city and as they did so Thurinlass thought. He knew that surely there must already be messengers going to the lady, but this would raise Harn's esteem among the elves at the very least. But still the whole affair disquieted Thurinlass. That orcs would come so close to the Golden wood was troubling, especially in light of the tidings Thurinlass had carried out of the north. He did not notice but he quickened his pace. The woods seemed empty now, Thurinlass could feel the presence of the wardens all about him, so he had no fear. Indeed even if there were no Wardens he would not fear, his haste now was due to the fact that the Lady would want scouts to go see what was happening, and Thurinlass wanted to be one of those scouts. But what's more, he wanted Meri and Beri safe.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel slowed her pace and let Merilwen and Beriadanwen catch up to her. She could not help but smile at the two. Meri's hair was a mess, covered with dust and twigs and Beri's clothes needed a good cleaning. Those two have been up to something

"Meri! Beri! My heart sings with joy at the sight of you." Linriel started. Her tone turned serious. "There is trouble afoot and we must return to the city without delay. An explanation will be given once we get there. Come, dear ones."

The four Elves moved quickly through the trees, on the road to the city.
<< First3940414243Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email