Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Post Tolkienverse This or That - Part 8
on: August 05, 2013 06:48
As the last thread had reached over 750 posts, here is a new thread.

I have removed the "LoTR" from the thread title and changed it to "Tolkienverse" as any of Tolkien's works may be use for inspiration, not just the Lord of the Rings.

Rules: Give two options (anything Tolkien related) to choose from and the next person will answer which one they prefer.

The last options posted were:

Vacation in Gondor or Rohan?

[Edited on 11/21/2013 by Evil~Shieldmaiden]
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Vacation in Gondor

Climbing the Misty Mountains or The White Mountains
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I will climb to the top of The White Mountains.

Chasing a balrog or chasing a warg
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Chasing a warg ..... the Balrog's whip more or less freaks me out.

Hiking with Merry or hiking with Legolas?

HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Hiking with Legolas, he can tell me what all the trees and plants are.

Camping with Hobbits or camping with Dwarves
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Hmmm...I think I will camp with the Hobbits...they will sing songs and have better food I think.

Wearing Elrond's robes or wearing Celeborn's robes
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Well, I'm a somewhat "petite" personage and I'll look ridiculous in either, but I think I would prefer to wear Celeborn's robes; they seem a tad lighter in weight.

Weaving tapestries with Vairë, or sewing comforters with Éowyn?
Ariadwen
Council Member
Send Message
Weaving tapestries with Vairë, I am not the sewing type.

Fight the Witch King or the Balrog?
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, I guess I will take on the Witch King. I am no man!

Keeping house for Bilbo or keeping house for Radagast?
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Seeing how Radagast's house would require like, a bushel of Borax to get clean, I think I'll go with Bilbo's house.

Mining in Moria or mining in Erebor?
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I will mine in Erebor. Moria scares me.

Teaching an orc table manners or teaching Fili to knit?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Well .... I think the first option is pretty much a lost cause so I'll teach Fili to knit.

Picking fleas off Carcaroth or off Huan?
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Huan

Blue Mountains or Iron Hills
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
That ia a great question. I think I will pick fleas off Carcaroth.

HuldahMaria, since we both posted at the same time, I will put your choices down..

Blue Mountains or Iron Hills

[Edited on 08/08/2013 by Lindarielwen]
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Blue Mountains

Boating on the River Anduin or the River Lune (Lhûn)
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
This game got lost on Page 3 so I "bumped" it.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Um....I guess Anduin.

A day spent in Fangorn with Legolas or Helms Deep with Gimli?
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
I love trees and it would be a kick to meet Treebeard .... so Fangorn with Leggy.

Dinner and a movie with Aragorn or with Faramir?
silver_Tinuviel
Finrod's Harp
Send Message
Aragorn!

Playing Scrabble in Quenya or Sindarin?
Image Reeling and foundering, as ever more strong/ The chanting swelled, Felagund fought,/ And all the magic and might he brought/ Of Elvenesse into his words./ Softly in the gloom they heard the birds/ Singing afar in Nargothrond,/ The sighing of the Sea beyond,/ Beyond the western world, on sand,/ On sand of pearls in Elvenland.
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
Scrabble in Sindarin. I mean, at least I know SOME of that, and I know nothing of Quenya.

Learning to dance from Pippin or Merry?
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I will let Pippin show me a few steps.

Reading a book with Frodo or reading a book with Aragorn?
silver_Tinuviel
Finrod's Harp
Send Message
Hmmmm... Both? I've already had my dinner and movie with Aragorn, so let's read a bit with Frodo.

Taking care of Bilbo's or of Tom Bombadil's garden?
Image Reeling and foundering, as ever more strong/ The chanting swelled, Felagund fought,/ And all the magic and might he brought/ Of Elvenesse into his words./ Softly in the gloom they heard the birds/ Singing afar in Nargothrond,/ The sighing of the Sea beyond,/ Beyond the western world, on sand,/ On sand of pearls in Elvenland.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Bilbo's ... somehow I think old Gaffer had Bilbo's under better control.

Doing housekeeping for Thingol, or for Finrod?
silver_Tinuviel
Finrod's Harp
Send Message
Oh dear, what do you think? Finrod, of course!

Cooking with Bilbo or shopping for food with Frodo?
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I like shopping better than cooking so I will shop for food with Frodo.

Listening to Galadriel talk to you about the Elder days or listening to Eowyn talk abut her future plans with Faramir.
silver_Tinuviel
Finrod's Harp
Send Message
Galadriel!!!

Making preparations for Sam's wedding or packing for going on an adventure with Pippin?
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, I would love to help out with Sam's wedding!

Looking through Arwen's closet or Galadriel's closet?
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Hmmm... Hard Choice... BOTH!!!!

Studying Middle Earth history in Gondor or Rivendell?
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I would love to study in Elrond's library in Rivendell

Wearing the Evenstar pendant or Galadriel's headpiece?
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
I would choose Arwen's pendant, it's so pretty!

Curling Elrond's hair or Legolas's hair (for fun ) ?
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Lol....well, Legolas would really look pretty with curly hair, I think. Hmmm..but then again, Elrond could use a bit of fixing up....I do not know. Okay, let's curl Elrond's hair..

Shaving Gandalf's beard or shaving Saruman's beard?
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Gandalf's! That is a very strange thought...

Hunting with Faramir or Aragorn?
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Aragorn Image

Fishing with Gollum, or Sam?
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Where do you get those awesome faces from??

I'll fish with Sam. Less dangerous.

Painting lessons with Elrond or Celeborn?
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Elrond

Stocking Bilbo's pantry or packing Sam's backpack.
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email