Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1617181920
Author Topic:
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
It depends on what I'm cooking really, I think baking is the most versitile and the one I use the most.

Would you rather spend a lot of money on a gift, or buy something that might be cheaper but is unusual and interesting?

“Very odd you are, indeed. Root and twig, very odd!"
"But in that time also he made this scroll"
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
I often have the suspicion that one pays for a certain snob factor with quite a few expensive items, so I would tend towards the unusual and interesting; though I would also tend to describe them as less expensive, or getting your money's worth, for my gut feeling cheaper is a bit too pejorative.

Would you rather buy a present that is "sensible", or one that is mainly "decorative"?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
It really depends who will be receiving the gift so I can't really choose one over the other.

Would you rather have a white Christmas, or a green one?

“Very odd you are, indeed. Root and twig, very odd!"
"But in that time also he made this scroll"
"Hope and memory shall live still in some hidden valley where the grass is green."
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
For purely sentimental reasons, a white Christmas.

Would you rather, on 24 and 25 December, watch Christmas-themed shows or movies on TV / DVD / whatever or take a two-day break from all electronic media?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
I'm quite happy to have a two day break, if I'm honest. I enjoy a quite Christmas with dinner with friends.

Would you rather travel to visit relatives at Christmas, or stay home and celebrate it with friends.

"Hope and memory shall live still in some hidden valley where the grass is green."
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Christmas Eve has always been, as long as I can remember, strictly a (local) family affair. Christmas Day (the 26th of December is also an official holiday here in Germany) has been the day of travel to more geographically distant close relatives (say our mothers). We have sadly run out of destinations for such post Christmas Eve visits. So, kind of, neither.

Would you rather, between Christmas and New Year's Eve (or New Year) stay in your possibly precipitation-challenged home environment, or flee to a vacation location located at least in the subtropic latitudes?

[Edited on 11/28/2016 by Gandolorin]
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I would rather have a Winter-based Christmas, or it just wouldn't feel right! Winter is the best season anyway!

Would you rather dress as Santa, a reindeer, or a Christmas elf?
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message

Would you rather ride in Santa's sleigh, or Radagast's sleigh?

"No dragon can resist the fascination of riddling talk and of wasting time trying to understand it."
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Let's see ...both are rotund guys (power-to-weight issues that I won't be improving by tagging along) with long beards and unconventional clothing, one believes his reindeer can fly, the other indulges in risky games of tag with Gundabad Wargs ..

I'll just give both rides a pass!!!

With sufficient snow available, would you rather take a "hike" with cross-country skies, or a ride on a snowmobile?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Cross country skis are fun, so skiing for me.

Would you rather be caught in a hurricane/cyclone, or an earthquake?
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Enough about the election, already!!!

A hurricane has quite a few more ways of killing you, so I'll take the earthquake - on a large open plain with no tall things likely to topple nearby.

Would you rather build things with snow/ice or with sand?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Snow and ice ..... it seems easier some how.

Would you rather eat pasta, or rice, for a week?
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Even though I consider rice to be the universal side dish, for a whole week I'd go with pasta due to its much greater variability.

Would you rather have garlic in your food, or have it garlic-free?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
I love garlic and always to add more to dishes than the most cooks ... other than my neighbour who makes the most delicious garlic er, crab tarts.

Would you rather have dessert after a meal, or no dessert after a meal?
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
If with "after a meal" you mean still sitting at the table when the dessert would be served and then immediately eating it - then I very rarely have dessert after a meal. Stretch both time passed and location changed a bit (I'm going to limit it to the same calendar day and the same habitation like an apartment), and suddenly quite often (with a gray area shading into independent snacks).

Would you rather have a seven-course meal, each course being served with a certain flourish while you remain seated, or hog out at an all-you-can-eat buffet?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
I'll hog it at the buffet, that way I don't have to eat something I don't like.

Would you rather go ballroom dancing, or ice dancing?

"I wonder if we shall ever be put into songs or tales."
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
As I am totally ignorant about either form of dancing mentioned (or any other form, come to think of it), I must resort to a tactic from a different thread and pass the question on:

Would you rather go ballroom dancing, or ice dancing?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Easy peasy .... I can't ice skate, but I competed in ballroom dancing, so ballroom it is.

Would you rather go fishing on a river bank, or deep-sea fishing on a boat?

"I wonder if we shall ever be put into songs or tales."
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Fishing just for sport, neither; for food, river bank.

Would you rather attend a Shakespeare play in Stratford-upon-Avon or a Wagner opera in Bayreuth?

"Over the field rang his clear voice calling: ‘Christmas! Ride, ride to presents and the world’s best feasting!'"
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
As I've already attended a Shakespeare play in Stratford-upon-Avon, and I love Wagnerian opera, I'm off to Bayreuth.

Would you rather travel back, or forward, in time?

"Of course he does. He's Strider. The chief of the Rangers."
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Difficult question for me since I started thinking logically about it. For example, if I go back in time (depending how far back anyway), there may be a disease that exists from which I am not immune, due to never encountering it. Yet, on the other hand, if I were to go into the future, I may be a carrier of a disease that was eradicated.

But I digress... I'd prefer to go into the future. I'd love to see how space travel has advanced and our technologies, despite being an old heart, I love futuristic ideas (hence my being a Trekkie).

Would you rather watch Star Wars or Star Trek? (Original... I know.)
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
I'm not actually fond of the original Star Trek series; having said that, I would rather watch the original Star Trek series, than Star Wars.

Would you rather watch a romantic comedy, or an western?

"Of course he does. He's Strider. The chief of the Rangers."
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Since "Once Upon a Time in the West" (1968 ) is my all-time favorite movie, western it is.

Would you rather have a guided tour of the American Museum of Natural History in NYC or one of the Disney localities?

[Edited on 12/27/2016 by Gandolorin]
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
I'm a huge western fan myself, and Clint Eastwood is a particular favourite of mine.

American Museum of Natural History ... no contest.

Would you rather spend a weekend exploring the Smithsonian, or the British Museum?

"But you won't send him off alone surely, Master?"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I've never been to my own capital city (Washington D.C.), so I'd say the Smithsonian because it makes sense to explore one's own country before a foreign one.

Would you rather drive in heavy rain at night or heavy snow during the day?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Snow during the day (visibility is just §$%&ß@€µ during rain at night), assuming it makes any sense at all to drive a run-of-the-mill car in such snow.

Would you rather explore an archipelago of islands (say the Caribbean) with a cruise ship, or hop from island to island by plane and have more time to explore each locality?
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I'd rather fly, even if I do hate doing it. I'd prefer more time to explore.

Would you rather be in a Wild Western film, or a fantasy film?

"'No more. no more!' cried the Elves laughing. 'You have eaten enough already for a long day's march."
Image Image
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
ooh, Wild Western film because I love westerns.

Would you rather diet in the summer, or the winter?

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Ideally both, but if I had to pick, Summer.

Would you rather work on the writing of a film or the technical production of a film?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I'd rather work on the writing.

Would you rather sleep under the Northern Lights, or under the stars in a desert for an evening?

"'No more. no more!' cried the Elves laughing. 'You have eaten enough already for a long day's march."
Image Image
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
I've already slept under the Northern Lights and a night in the desert under the stars sounds wonderful.

Would you rather visit the Great Wall of China, or the Pyramids at Giza?

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm the Great Wall. For the scenery as well as the Chinese culture.

Would you rather go without sugar for the rest of your life or without spice (like the "heat" that makes food spicy)
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Sugar ... I avoid eating too much of it now.

Would you rather lose your sight or your hearing?

ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
This is a hard question for me, as an avid reader and a lover of music (I sometimes do both at the same time), I find this too difficult to answer. If I had to, I suppose I'd say hearing (reluctantly), I mean I'm sure I'd still be able to remember sounds, and there are developments these days working towards reversing deafness. However, sight would be much more difficult to handle, I think.

Would you rather lose an arm or a leg?

Image Image
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Leg, as long as it's the left leg so I can still drive. The loss of an arm would be problematic for typing, writing, and cooking, and musicianship...

Would you rather wear glasses or contacts?
<< First1617181920
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email